Real World Mod for WreSpi2

Best to start early is what I say, and seeing as you don't need the retail version to start updating, why not start with the demo? Who knows, I could very well become the TCP of WreSpi2! I'm gonna start now, and I hope to have a fair few workers done by this afternoon, but I'm not going to go outside of WWE yet. Gonna go with WWE, then TNA, then ROH, then I'll need help for other feds, as although I'm an indy fan, I'm not really knowledgable enough to make movesets and stuff for everyone. If anyone wants to help, drop me a line, either on here, EWB or MSN (Ollie_Beak@hotmail.com), and we can get this thing done ASAP! :) [b]Edit:[/b] The list of workers: [b]WWE:[/b] Adam Copeland [Edge] Bobby Lashley Booker Huffman [King Booker] Carly Colon [Carlito] Charlie Haas Chris Benoit Chris Mordetzky [Chris Masters] Darren Matthews [William Regal] Dave Bautista [Batista] Dave Finlay [Finlay] Ekmo Fatu [Umaga] Gene Snitsky Glen Jacobs [Kane] James Gibson [Jamie Noble] John Cena John Hennigan [Johnny Nitro] John Layfield [JBL] Johnny Jeter [Johnny SS] Johnny Swinger [Johnny Pairisi] Ken Anderson [Mr. Kennedy] Ken Doane [Kenny SS] Kid Kash Lance Cade Mark Calloway [The Undertaker] Matt Hardy Matt Striker Melina Perez [Melina] Michael Hickenbottom [Shawn Michaels] Mick Foley Mike Mondo [Mikey SS] Nelson Frazier [Viscera] Nick Dinsmore [Eugene] Nick Mitchell [Mitch SS] Nick Nemeth [Nicky SS] Paul Birchall Paul Levesque [Triple H] Paul London Randy Orton René Duprée Rey Misterio Jr. Ric Flair Rob Conway Sean Morley [Val Venis] Shelton Benjiman Spanky [Brian Kendrick] Trevor Rhodes [Trevor Murdoch] Vincent K. McMahon [b]TNA:[/b] A1 Abyss AJ Styles Alex Shelley Austin Aries Brother Devon Brother Ray Brother Runt Chris Harris Christian Cage Christopher Daniels Homicide James Storm Jay Lethal James Mitchell Jeff Jarrett Low-Ki [Senshi] Monty Brown Raven Rhino Roderick Strong Samoa Joe Scott Steiner Sting [b]ECW:[/b] Kurt Angle Paul Heyman Paul Wight [The Big Show] Rob Van Dam Sabu Terry Funk The Sandman [b]Free Agents:[/b] Big Van Vader Brock Lesnar Bryan Danielson Chris Hero Chris Jericho Claudio Castagnoli CM Punk Dunn Goldberg Hulk Hogan Ikuto Hidaka Jack Evans Jeff Hardy KENTA Kevin Steen Minoru Fujita Necro Butcher Steve Corino The Rock

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Right, sorry to double post, but in the last couple of hours I've got myself to grips with the whole scenario making business, and have been playing around with a new base for the data, which shall be named something or other which is not yet decided. I've so far created the base for four wrestlers; JBL, HHH, HBK and Rey Mysterio, and I've got my good ol' buddy ol' pal working on a few big name free agents to include with the data. The plan is this: For the first beta which will be with us in a couple of weeks you'll see RAW and SmackDown!, as well as about 20 free agents. The second Beta (the "Better" Beta) will include ECW and possibly TNA, with a few more free agents, then for the third beta I'll try and sneak Ring of Honor in there too (although my knowledge of ROH is sketchy, as on TWC we're about 6 months behind, so I'll need help with that). I'd love some help, especially with movesets, because I want this out ASAP, and I also don't want to be stuck with a lot more work than is humanly possible! So contact me at the e-mail address that I've left in the first post, either by e-mail or IM, and tell me you'd love to help, because I'd love to have you on board! Also, any ideas, any creative suggestions, I'd love to take them. Because I'd love to have them! I'm gonna try and get a few people to do some KyKy pics, or I may even have a brand new background for a brand new game; who knows! I'll also try and get permission to use the Title Belt pictures I've found ever so helpful with TEW. So as you can see, I may be new to GDS, but I'm very serious about making WreSpi2 a game for not only CV fans, but also real world fans. :) Ollie

I'd suggest that if you want to speed up the release, it might be worth simply going through the Cornellverse move database and deleting the trademark moves (which shouldn't be hard as they have gimmicky names) and using that as your base. That way you'd have a set that you know work within the game. You could always then make a custom version from scratch at a later date if you wish to truly make your mod unique.

Why not build a few generic movesets and use those to cover guys who you're not sure on? That way you can focus on getting as many workers and promotions in the data as possible to make it decent sized and playable, and if somebody who caes enough about it comes along and can provide a detailed moveset for one of the workers you've added, you can just create the set and assign it to the worker for later release, rather than having to work up the whole thing (worker and all the related data plus the moveset) at once. In fact, if you use the defult data as your base for movesets, it comes with a few generics that you could use. One bit of advice I want to offer about movesets, don't worry if they're not perfect, just work on giving the workers the high point and signature moves they always incorperate into their matches (Randy Orton= Side Backbreaker, European Uppercut, rear chinlock, RKO), as long as you have those spots in their moveset, no one is going to yell at you. Heck, most people wouldn't even know that you missed a move or two. Close enough to be fun and out now is far better than near perfect but won't be playable until four months from now. Besides, once to get far enough into the indies, the majority of the people who would be interested in your mod wouldn't know the difference anyway. I'm not saying that those workers arn't important (Far be it. Lets face it, the whole point of the RtL mode is to take your guy or gal up through the indies trying to make a name for yourself) just that most wouldn't know that “Big Ugly” J.D. Bishop doesn't use a powerbomb. ;) I wish I could help you out, but i tried my best at creating data for TCP's mod and decided I just don't have a good enough eye when it comes to judging a wrestlers ability. If you need a gopher to dig up info or pics on a worker, though, I'd be happy to lend a hand. :)

Would that be OK? I do wanna create the majority of moves for later releases, but for Beta's and stuff, it would be extremely helpful to use the basic files (minus the trademarks, as you said). Cheers Adam, that's gonna really come in handy! [b]Edit:[/b] Vladamire - If you want to help you can help by getting photos and stuff, if you could cut them onto KyKy that'd be even better! Or you could help by just giving me a few free agent guys (by that I mean outside of WWE) you would like in the first Beta, and I'll add them. I mean, adding to my workload may not seem like fun, but it'll help to get a much better representation of the real world out ASAP. Thank you muchly. :)

Well then Vlad, if you really wanna help you could sweep through the CornellVerse moves and edit some of them. Don't worry about adding moves for real wrestlers or what not, just get rid of the trademark ones and change some names. :)

I'll get to work on it tonight. Tomorrow morning (Sat.) soon enough to get it? I kinda gotta get some sleep before I go to work. ;) Afterward, if you wanted me to, I could also add basic info, just place holder stuff borrowing heavily from "The Big, Big Book of Wrestling Moves" ([url]http://www.deathvalleydriver.com/bbbowm/bbbowm.htm)[/url]. Name, move type, and discription...

Whenever is fine. :) And if you could do that too, that'd be amazing, that'd mean I'd just be left with making movesets. (Y) Thank you very much, you're being a great help! Add me on msn and we can chat about stuff. That puts my army of 2 up to 3. Mwahahaha. We're like the nWo.

hey Ollie if you want a new background for your picture pack i will do your pics fo you. I already have about 75 workers i can stick on to any background, and im a quick - and fairly good cutter. Im not a big fan of kyky, but i could post a few backgrounds and you can see which you like and we can go from there.

you just love to help don't you panix, been looking at this board for weeks to track TCP's progress and you're always first with your hand up. I dunno if you're teachers pet or just an arselick! haha! :P Only kidding man, but some new background would be awesome. not gonna give any limitations, just go nuts! Show me what you got! Cheers. As for a small progress report: HHH, HBK, Kane, Carlito, RVD, Ric Flair, Mr. McMahon, Charlie Haas, Nick Dinsmore, Rey Mysterio, Jibble and Mysterio are all done, as well as our first free agent: Kevin Steen (I love that little fatass!), and I've got someone doing a few free agents; he's so far done Jericho, Goldberg & Hogan. He assures me Rock and Austin are on the way! :D

To help you a bit, here's the tag teams you've got so far: DX (HHH & Michaels) Evolution (HHH & Flair) Two Man Power Trip (HHH & Austin) Balding Egomaniacs (HBK & Hogan) HBK & Austin (they held the WWF tag titles together) Unlikely Duo (Kane & RVD) RVD & Mysterio Rock & Jericho

Cheers, they've all been added, except HBK/Hogan, because that was one match and I don't really count them as a tag team, no more than any of the teams in WWE right now anyway! Added Snitsky, Viscera and Umaga (whom I wish were a team, I can see it now; "the Randy Savages!), and am now moving on to Edge, Mick Foley and Randy Orton. :)

[QUOTE=PWNED!]To help you a bit, here's the tag teams you've got so far: DX (HHH & Michaels) Evolution (HHH & Flair) Two Man Power Trip (HHH & Austin) Balding Egomaniacs (HBK & Hogan) HBK & Austin (they held the WWF tag titles together) Unlikely Duo (Kane & RVD) RVD & Mysterio Rock & Jericho[/QUOTE] To be honest you probably shouldn't bother adding a lot of those (if any) - unless they have specific tag team moves when they're a team, or have been together a long time, there's no point in adding them, they'd have little or no use in the game.

OK, this question is more to Mr. Ryland, but I also want people's opinions on stuff, so for the first time you decide stuff so Ollie doesn't have too! Yay! Is there any point in putting a lot of non-wrestlers in. I'm not gonna put writers or anything in, but I will be adding people like the McMahon family, John Laurinaitis, JR and other such personalities; people who have significant pull in wrestling, but what about other non-wrestling guys? Ted Turner, Vince Russo etc. Guys who could own feds and do something in the game, but wouldn't be wrestlers. Do you want to see them in the game?

your damn right im teachers pet, but im a pretty good at it! I will do your pictures then, i will knock together some designs early next week (cant do it this weekend) we can hold a poll to see which is the best and i will put all of the pictures on to them. What size worker database are you aiming for?

For the final release? God knows. As many as possible. I don't think I'll be doing anything outside of the US and Canada, as I just don't know enough about it. If I can get people to completely cover Mexico, Europe and Japan, then sure we'll include them, but for the minute, I'm thinking US and US only. As for feds I hope to have included: WWE, ECW, ROH, TNA, PWG, CZW, IWA:MS, JAPW and FIP, because that's what I know. If anyone wants to work on any other indies, feel free, but for the minute; that's what I want to be doing.

If you feel you can do it with enough justice, then be my guest. :) For people whose movsets elude us, I will be making a few generic movesets, for the stragglers on. A quick update: We're now up to 35 workers, including Shelton Benjiman, Brock Lesnar, Charlie Haas, Mick Foley, Edge, Randy Orton, Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy and Kurt Angle. For a days work this is coming along nicely. :) [b]Edit:[/b] We've also got our first ladies of professional wrestling; Melina and Trish Stratus! :D Any requests for free agents; feel free to throw in some names. :)

Archived