Your Favorite Success Stories

I'm very much a fan of playing the indies and smaller promotions in the game over the juggernauts, so I've developed quite an appreciation for the unemployed and lower-card wrestlers of the Cornellverse, and most of my promotions are usually comprised at least 90% of unemployed wrestlers or rookies.

So I wanted to know if anyone here had any stories that they'd like to share of times where you picked someone off the indies, or a fresh rookie, or even an undercard wrestler from another company, and made them a star, or at least someone with a solid career.

My story would be Wes Stryker, who started unemployed with 2 years of experience, but after 3 years with my Scandinavian company, he went from a job guy in the opening months, to the inaugural midcard champion, to the first man to hold each championship in the company and one of the most popular wrestlers on the roster by the end. He was pulling down 50s and 60s in every match and segment, and had an amazing mix of charisma and technical skill.

Great topic.

A slightly different kind of success story, but in one of the older TEWs (maybe 2014?) Walter Morgan's progression was really heart-warming. Playing as ROF, he was one of the better workers that I had, and he was improving massively. He was by far and away my most valuable worker, before he sustained an untimely career ending injury without me ever getting the chance to get the most out of him.

This was incredibly disappointing, but he ended up finding success of a different form. I can't remember if he started out running the ROF dojo, or if I appointed him, but a couple of fantastic graduates came along and, if I recall correctly, formed protege relationships with Morgan. His proteges, therefore, ended up fulfilling everything that I had initially wanted for old Walter and which he had been cruelly denied.

Now, this last part might be embellishment on my part, because this all happened ages ago, and my memory is definitely known to exaggerate, but I'm pretty sure that he also ended up marrying someone in the database. I just love the idea that, despite having all the makings of a bitter veteran story, Walter Morgan ended up living happily ever after and in a supportive role, contentedly giving the opportunities that he missed out on to the next generation.

Great topic.

A slightly different kind of success story, but in one of the older TEWs (maybe 2014?) Walter Morgan's progression was really heart-warming. Playing as ROF, he was one of the better workers that I had, and he was improving massively. He was by far and away my most valuable worker, before he sustained an untimely career ending injury without me ever getting the chance to get the most out of him.

This was incredibly disappointing, but he ended up finding success of a different form. I can't remember if he started out running the ROF dojo, or if I appointed him, but a couple of fantastic graduates came along and, if I recall correctly, formed protege relationships with Morgan. His proteges, therefore, ended up fulfilling everything that I had initially wanted for old Walter and which he had been cruelly denied.

Now, this last part might be embellishment on my part, because this all happened ages ago, and my memory is definitely known to exaggerate, but I'm pretty sure that he also ended up marrying someone in the database. I just love the idea that, despite having all the makings of a bitter veteran story, Walter Morgan ended up living happily ever after and in a supportive role, contentedly giving the opportunities that he missed out on to the next generation.

I don't know who he is but I'm doing this in my game for him.

I've made The Silencer the figurehead in my created promotions since he came onto the scene in 2013. I'm quite surprised that nobody has picked him up in canon and given his age at the start of 2020 (38) I doubt anyone will in the next TEW installment either.

Had a cverse run in Japan where I started a fed from scratch using unemployed workers to start with. So far I'm in 2026 slowly chipping away.

Running Wolf was fired on the spot due to "political opinion" from USPW in late 2020. I signed him up, turned him heel, and renamed him Yama Okami "the Mountain Wolf". He went from strong midcarder to international megastar in a year. Then after about 3 years of heel dominance, I turned him back to babyface and pretty much took over the world for the last couple prime years he had left. In my fed alone he was 3-time world champ, 5-time IC champ, 4-time tag champ, and 3-time hall of famer (singles and 2 tag teams). He was the backbone of my fed and literally brought it to #1 with 4 years of main events. I'm now using him to start a developmental in North America to compete against the federation that fired him due to political opinion. They're just starting to edge USPW as he is their owner/champion/ace with protégé Wild Red Stallion and friend Roger Monteiro.