Will there be a WMMA6?

WMMA5 is easily in my top favorite games of all time, and probably the game I've sunk the most hours into. I know there was talk about 5 being the last game but that would be such a shame.

If there were ever a part 6 to come out I would love to see these things added to it:

1. The ability to make more weight classes default in the game world.... I know you can add whatever weight classes to any given company, but say you want to make a class at 165 and one at 175... the game won't populate enough 165ers automatically... or at least won't populat enough in my opinion.... I've had saves in which I do weight classes every 8 pounds only for thr game not to populate those weight classes properly.

2. The ability to make any given save a fully playable database at any given point withing that save... I love to build my own game worlds with my own lore.. so I always start my databases in the 70s or 80s.. everyone at 0-0 then sim to the early 90s....it'd be nice to only have the ability to make databases from a single save game... I believe tew2020 has thus feature.. maybe idk

3. The ability to edit world and company fighter rankings manually at any point.... like I said before this is one of my favorite games ever and generally the systems within the game work the way they are intended to...however there are times when the top of the rankings get it wrong in my opinion and I would live the option to be able to edit at your own discretion.

4. Much like number 3, I would live the ability to edit team members.....I understand that the appeal of this game is just how random the narratives can be... but for me there are instances in which people choose to move to teams that break my immersion.. its not a big deal... I just hate it

5. For the default database to have moved at least 5 years!!.... I think it'd be too much to ask for the default database to start on the current date like the tew games.... but maybe if it started in 2006 instead it wouldn't be as much work. Idk this one isn't as important but would be a great plus!!

**** This one I think Adam said would not be possible but the ability to adjust a company's rule sets to be able to mimic kick boxing, boxing, and bjj companies.... I think this one is pretty impossible but one can wish.

Anyway I've been giving this a lot of thought and I wish Adam would keep this series going.

The game is indeed really good and what you'd expect a non-AAA title to be.

However, there's still some improvements to be made on a compant management-level, on par with TEW20.

But Adam has indeed sayd several times that this was the last iteration.

I actually asked this in the Small Qs thread maybe 3 weeks ago and Adam responded.

He said he just isn't as much a fan of MMA as he was when he was making the games and thats why he retired them as of WMMA5. We can only hope he changes his mind at some point, cause as a fan of both WMMA and TEW I truly believe the potential in WMMA is even greater than what hes built with TEW

I find wmma way more fun than tew because there are more restrictions and unpredictability. Both games are easy but in tew you can almost do anything you want and be successful.

In wmma, there’s choices: do you pyramid book, feed people cans, try to bury boring and dull fighters with bad matchups and the reverse with exciting entertaining ones, do you job out old fighters who are retiring.

One improvement I remember is that you can’t really search effectively for exciting fighters(high offense and low defense) and there’s tons of QOL improvements.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DogsAndKisses666" data-cite="DogsAndKisses666" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="53184" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I actually asked this in the Small Qs thread maybe 3 weeks ago and Adam responded.<p> </p><p> He said he just isn't as much a fan of MMA as he was when he was making the games and thats why he retired them as of WMMA5. We can only hope he changes his mind at some point, cause as a fan of both WMMA and TEW I truly believe the potential in WMMA is even greater than what hes built with TEW</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Here's the exact quote for anybody wondering:</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="53184" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It's mostly because I don't watch or follow MMA anymore. The way I work on these sort of games requires me to immerse myself in the culture for an absolute minimum of nine months, and that's pretty brutal if you're not into what you're studying.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Can't really fault him for that reasoning, but I sure wish he would get into MMA again, because there's definitely still room for improvement. It seemed like TEW and WMMA usually kind of took turns debuting new features, and then those new features would also show up in the other game along with some new stuff that would be in the next version of the other game. So WMMA would be due for things like playable child promotions and the other stuff that came with TEW 2020. Course, I'd pay just for an updated database and nothing else.</p>

• 3 weeks later...
I feel like regardless one day we will get one. It has to be one of the best selling games behind TEW. All the other games they try and produce don't get that much traction.

I really hope that that is eventually so. It's my most played game after Crusader Kings 2 and Rimworld. There are quite a few things that could be added in a new game.

I don't think Adam would have to immerse himself too much either to improve on WMMA5 despite it being the best game of the series.

• 2 weeks later...
I really hope that that is eventually so. It's my most played game after Crusader Kings 2 and Rimworld. There are quite a few things that could be added in a new game.

I don't think Adam would have to immerse himself too much either to improve on WMMA5 despite it being the best game of the series.

Even making the game utilize power for 64 bit processing would be significant. I could be wrong but I do not believe it does. It's nice to see that new updates still get added for WMMA5 at least.

<p>The main thing that I would want in WMMA6 is the ability to set my own company rankings.</p><p> </p><p>

A lot of my long term saves go downhill when I bring in fighters from different promotions with low popularity in my region/country and they get rocketed in to the title picture because of their ranking.</p><p> </p><p>

It doesn't make sense to me to put a guy who has never fought in my company ahead of guys who've been fighting there for years.</p><p> </p><p>

Honestly, I'd buy WMMA6 just for the default roster update.</p><p> </p><p>

I'd also like to set different announce teams to different shows which I don't think you can do in WMMA5.</p><p> </p><p>

Also, the ability to have different announce teams for different languages would be cool but that's not even in TEW so it might be a bit much to ask for WMMA.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

I just really want a WMMA6 even though I'm doubtful it will hapen.</p>

It doesn't make sense to me to put a guy who has never fought in my company ahead of guys who've been fighting there for years.

Well, Emelianenko coming over to UFC would've been a pretty big deal, so that's the kind of thing that could happen in WMMA as well. One can argue that the "indy" guys (so the local show vets) are a little overpowered in terms of ranking, but it's not as bad as in the previous games, where it was a no-brainer to just sign random undefeated indy fighters.

As for the announcers: that really doesn't matter a lot from a performance perspective. It is not as important as in TEW (not at all actually).

You can change the announcers for an individual show on the alter show page. Unless you meant give different shows different defaults announcers, that can’t be done. I just wish announcer experience worked like it does in TEW, where it doesn’t matter if it’s part of a two or three person booth. It’d be nice to be able to add a third person to a pair with 100 experience without the game thinking they have zero experience together. Then again, it probably doesn’t make complete sense for them to still have 100 experience as a trio either. I’m not sure what the right formula would be.

You can stop fighters from being ranked before their first fight in your company by putting them in the unassigned weight class. You’ll have to move them to their normal weight class to schedule the first fight, but just make sure they’re unassigned on the day rankings are updated, and then you have to remember to move them once they’ve actually fought. That’s what I do, I don’t like having fighters ranked before their first fight. I also make fighters unassigned when they go on hiatus or drug suspension.

I think the Indy fighters are ranked ok, but the popularity gains on local shows are asinine. It’s damn near the same as being on the prelims of a National company. I usually use the editor to cut a free agent’s popularity in half before I sign them.

You can stop fighters from being ranked before their first fight in your company by putting them in the unassigned weight class. You’ll have to move them to their normal weight class to schedule the first fight, but just make sure they’re unassigned on the day rankings are updated, and then you have to remember to move them once they’ve actually fought. That’s what I do, I don’t like having fighters ranked before their first fight. I also make fighters unassigned when they go on hiatus or drug suspension.

Well, I just had the game crash(3071 error) while it was between days as it said it was processing an injury to a fighter I had in an unassigned weight class. So, might not want to do that. You could also put them in a different weight class to keep them off the rankings in their normal weight class, I don’t know if that would cause any issues, that’d be hard to test.

I certainly understand Adam isn't interested in making a new game because he's not so into MMA. But if he were to make maybe an expansion pass that gave some updated functionality to give the player more freedom while playing, and maybe some updated rule options and attributes, I'd certainly buy it.

I certainly understand Adam isn't interested in making a new game because he's not so into MMA. But if he were to make maybe an expansion pass that gave some updated functionality to give the player more freedom while playing, and maybe some updated rule options and attributes, I'd certainly buy it.

I doubt this would work with eLicense. It'd have to be a new game but billed as WMMA5.5 or something.

Honestly, given the backlash after a decade of DLC which is relatively expensive, I can understand not willing to engage in that. Even though history has shown that dedicated communities and definitely willing to pay (a lot) for extra content, to the point where it seems to have become the new normal in gaming, for better or worse (probably the latter :p).

Then the "precedent" has been set, where there will be a discussion on the TEW20 forums where people will be fearful of the patches being omitted in the future, etc. etc. It will probably

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="mh433905" data-cite="mh433905" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="53184" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I certainly understand Adam isn't interested in making a new game because he's not so into MMA. But if he were to make maybe an expansion pass that gave some updated functionality to give the player more freedom while playing, and maybe some updated rule options and attributes, I'd certainly buy it.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I wonder if he is still into money though. I know not everything is about money but the game really only needs a few adjustments/additions for me to consider buying a new version....but in all likelihood id buy it just because I love the series ever since I started playing it in part 3...</p><p> </p><p> If I were to speculate why he would be against making a new version is the fact that the database has fallen way behind and would take an immense amount of work for it to catch up to modern times. I don't think that having wmma6 take place in 2003 is very appealing and Adam probably knows this. Having the database start in 2008 at the very least or even later then that would be an immense task to take on. You are talking about new Character renders bios and fight histories not to mention companies, teams, and all the other details that would take forever. I personally wouldn't mind if it did start in 2003 but I understand I am in the minority. Also the name Wmma6 isn't very appealing. What I would love to see for the series would be for it to get a refresh as far as the naming (Ex: WMMA2022) but I know that it is wishful thinking.</p>

• 1 month later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="probei" data-cite="probei" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="53184" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I mean.... the tagline for the game on the main menu is "One Last Round"</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The tagline shows the intent at the time, but Adam could always call the next one WMMA 6 - The Comeback, or something similar. It’s not an insurmountable problem</p>

• 3 weeks later...
I would love a WMMA6. WMMA5 was Adam's all time best game and even just some improvements would be awesome. That said, after seeing TEW 2020 and how it developed in the long run, even in terms of perception for the community, maybe it is best to end the series on a spectacular note.

I just wish they found a way to make the simulation to next events much more time efficient. 95% of the game for me is waiting for the next event to arrive.

While I greatly enjoy the game when I get to the fight cards, it's really hard to justify throwing my time away just waiting. That's really the reason I would hope we see a WMMA6.

I just wish they found a way to make the simulation to next events much more time efficient. 95% of the game for me is waiting for the next event to arrive.

While I greatly enjoy the game when I get to the fight cards, it's really hard to justify throwing my time away just waiting. That's really the reason I would hope we see a WMMA6.

I just watch youtube in between turns. Or do other stuff on my computer. Would be cool if loading times were reduced though.

I would love a WMMA6. WMMA5 was Adam's all time best game and even just some improvements would be awesome. That said, after seeing TEW 2020 and how it developed in the long run, even in terms of perception for the community, maybe it is best to end the series on a spectacular note.

It's been said several times that WMMA can still take some aspects from TEW. A couple of the newer features could also be fleshed out more. The game as it is is of course fabulous, but it can always be better.

Maybe call it 5.5, I don't care. :p

But bumping this thread probably doesn't help. Even if we were to start a petition, he said it's other factors that prevent him from making the game (interest in MMA, for one, but that can change, right? :rolleyes:).