Will there be a WMMA6?

On 6/5/2021 at 9:58 AM, DogsAndKisses666 said:

I actually asked this in the Small Qs thread maybe 3 weeks ago and Adam responded.

He said he just isn't as much a fan of MMA as he was when he was making the games and thats why he retired them as of WMMA5. We can only hope he changes his mind at some point, cause as a fan of both WMMA and TEW I truly believe the potential in WMMA is even greater than what hes built with TEW

Haha that sucks for him, MMA is better than it has ever been and that is by a large margin, I started watching MMA in 1999 and todays fighters are so much more skilled and fun to watch it's ridiculous. 

If he doesn't want to do it, it is what it is. Afaik developing games is not his job, and even if it was he's not working for a company so he can choose what he makes. If he was a fan back then and isn't now, I highly doubt the scene will pull him back as it continues to evolve towards this way. Honestly I myself am way less of a fan as back then. But the games are still awesome.

So I'm afraid it rather sucks for us. :p Fact of the matter is that all other alternatives rather suck in comparison to this series. There is the official UFC games but those are games of a different nature. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/24/2022 at 10:39 PM, Blackman said:

If he doesn't want to do it, it is what it is. Afaik developing games is not his job, and even if it was he's not working for a company so he can choose what he makes. If he was a fan back then and isn't now, I highly doubt the scene will pull him back as it continues to evolve towards this way. Honestly I myself am way less of a fan as back then. But the games are still awesome.

So I'm afraid it rather sucks for us. :p Fact of the matter is that all other alternatives rather suck in comparison to this series. There is the official UFC games but those are games of a different nature. 

99% unlikely but I wish they would have a "promoter" mode for the UFC games where you can book fighters and their stats have a progression similar to WMMA. 

On 1/15/2023 at 7:02 AM, kemicode said:

99% unlikely but I wish they would have a "promoter" mode for the UFC games where you can book fighters and their stats have a progression similar to WMMA. 

And you will not be alone in that. But the chances of that happening are indeed more or less what you indicate. Remember how hard the WWE2K community had to nag to get the GM mode back, and what we got was a watered-down mode of just 1 season with almost no replayability. They just made it as a way to get back the sales after the disaster release that was 2k20.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/23/2023 at 11:58 PM, dave1927p said:

If there was a WMMA 6 announced that would be such a happy day for me.  Improved sim speeds alone would be incredible.  I'm glad they still support this game, but I wish they would continue to build off it.  Once the creators passion is gone, this project tends to die. 

It would be a very happy day for me also. WMMA 5 is currently the only game I play. Knowing another was in production would interest me more than any other gaming sequel.

• 1 month later...

Would love a WMMA 6! Always wanted to be able to schedule big Press Conferences like the UFC had back around 2018ish, select 8 or so fighters and send them to the event. They do well or not depending on a charisma stat or marketability, their popularity could rise dramatically from a good showing, or tank completely after a couple poorly delivered answers. Could work like promos on TEW. And would break up the -simming from weekend/card to weekend/card- feeling... Maybe some day

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/3/2023 at 6:31 AM, DwightSchnoot said:

Would love a WMMA 6! Always wanted to be able to schedule big Press Conferences like the UFC had back around 2018ish, select 8 or so fighters and send them to the event. They do well or not depending on a charisma stat or marketability, their popularity could rise dramatically from a good showing, or tank completely after a couple poorly delivered answers. Could work like promos on TEW. And would break up the -simming from weekend/card to weekend/card- feeling... Maybe some day

That would indeed be something the game could use.

The 'problem' with the gameplay atm is that there's always good fights to find and book, and you simply do not care who is champion. Though your belts will gain prestige more when they are succesfully defended (I think), it doesn't matter much. With no locker room to manage like in TEW20 and few negative effects there's no reason not to want certain fighters to win. Sure, their fighting style can be boring, resulting in less pop gains and event ratings. Sure, they could hold on to a submission and you can suspend them (or not), but it doesn't feel like I'm being impacted much. The morale system is a nice addition but it's pointless atm (and effectively impossible to get people unhappy, even if you try).

It would be interesting gameplay however to have obliged press conferences where you have to included your main eventers. If it's Nick Diaz and he causes trouble or no-shows, that could significantly hurt your company, where you'd have to decide whether to keep him (and the viewership) or let him go.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2023 at 9:32 PM, evilpanda said:

I honestly think that WMMA 5 is already such a great game that i dont really need a new one. 

It is truly an excellent game, but every game can be improved on.  Maybe it will take for another few major stars to appear and the UFC's popularity to go up before it is tempting financially to make another game🤞.  Or maybe Adam just doesn't want to go through that process again.  I feel that UFC's popularity has sort of peaked at the moment due to the lack of big new names. 

Most of the folk that I get excited by like Khamzat just don't fight often enough. And Khabib retiring so early was a real bummer as was letting Francis Ngannou go.  Jon Jones being out for so long didn't help matters and with Nate Diaz retiring the UFC need to find some stars that help excite the casual fans.