Just curious has anyone ever made a character(or used a particular wrestler) to recreate a Kenny Omega type storyline where they went to multiple companies and held their World title at the same time?

I am. Ultimo Dragon and the J-Crown. Its fun, but the era is over. Unlike real life, there won't be another event like that (with the J-Crown). I just wanted to give it to solely Ultimo Dragon.

Just curious has anyone ever made a character(or used a particular wrestler) to recreate a Kenny Omega type storyline where they went to multiple companies and held their World title at the same time?

My argument with these things is always this... What happens when he gets all the belts? Where does it go? Where's the plot? Who gets over? If you can answer these questions for like a Bruno level star who makes himself on the idea that he's unifying wrestling under his banner. Fine. Makes plenty of sense in boxing but what is the outcome here? Eventually, he's just going to lose to guys. And then he lost to guys. Meh. The prestige of the belts doesn't go up, he doesn't get more over than he is, and maybe a few of the smaller companies get some exposure. But it goes nowhere.

I started a 1980 World Class save where I was starting to buy out a bunch of smaller companies (basically out-doing Vinnie Mac before Vinnie Mac could taker over WWWF). Once I got them, I would have their promotional champion face my NWA American Heavyweight Champion (David Von Erich) with the idea that eventually I'd have him face Harley Race or Ric Flair or somebody to unify all of the company titles and the NWA World Heavyweight Championship into a new World title.

Not quite the same thing you're talking about, but it was fun to start sorting all of that out. When I dropped the save, David had taken the Southern Heavyweight Championships (both Alabama and Tennessee), Florida Heavyweight, Americas Heavyweight, and U.S. Heavyweight from San Francisco. I was close to taking St. Louis and Central States with my eyes on Georgia, JCP, and New York next.

St.T

My argument with these things is always this... What happens when he gets all the belts? Where does it go? Where's the plot? Who gets over? If you can answer these questions for like a Bruno level star who makes himself on the idea that he's unifying wrestling under his banner. Fine. Makes plenty of sense in boxing but what is the outcome here? Eventually, he's just going to lose to guys. And then he lost to guys. Meh. The prestige of the belts doesn't go up, he doesn't get more over than he is, and maybe a few of the smaller companies get some exposure. But it goes nowhere.

Did you watch any of the J-Crown era?

That's how every single wrestling storyline works though. Like, every one.

I have a 1985 save that has progressed to mid 1987. I started off as Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling. I have purchased Central States Wrestling and Florida's CWF. I pillaged them and now have three brands: MACW, CSW, CWF. with Flair as the traveling World Champ

I am thinking of having Magnum TA go on a year tear winning all the Regional Titles to force Flair to give him a World Title Shot. It will be a year long plan. I had the RnR Express feuding with Arn and Tully for the World Tag Titles, but lost Gibson to an 8 month injury, so Magnum and Dusty won the World Tag Titles from Arn and Tully. Going to let that play out for a bit, then thinking of feuding TA with Flair. Flair will refuse because he doesn't see Magnum as the NO 1 contender.

Thinking of having Magnum go on a belt collector spree winning the MACW, CSW, CWF and US Titles, maybe even the World TV Title to force Flair to face him.

Of course, I would give TA an eventual win over Flair becoming NWA World champ. Then the question is what do I do with all the other titles? I still want to have the three brand territories. Thinking I might have Magnum vacate all of the other titles to focus on the World Title allowing for tournaments for all the other belts.

Yeah, it is difficult to come up with a good way to get all the belts off of a belt collector.

:0)

Yeah, it is difficult to come up with a good way to get all the belts off of a belt collector.

I'm a fan of taking a guy I'm building through winning a secondary title when he's hot so I can build him to the main event level and use it to say that he's "made the IC/US/whatever title is now more important than the world title" (at least if he's heel), leading the face world champ to be willing to face him in a title-vs.-title match. After the heel wins the world title, he then has to vacate the secondary one. You can do that with a face, too, but his motivation has to be a little different (since a lot of faces wouldn't be arrogant enough to think they had made the world title irrelevant).

The other way (and one I use to work faces into that world title scene from a secondary belt) is to have a heel authority figure tell them that they have to vacate in order to challenge for the world title. Since they want to go after the heel (and the title), they do it.

For your Magnum idea, I would say just have him take all those titles into that world title match and the "NWA Board" or whoever orders that, since he's the NWA World Heavyweight Champion, he has to vacate all the "promotional (brand) titles" he has since he can't focus on representing the brands since he now has to represent the alliance. Then, you can do a variety of tournament types/battle royals/mini-tournaments to crown new champions. I know it's really never ideal to vacate a title, but...

St.T

I have a 1985 save that has progressed to mid 1987. I started off as Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling. I have purchased Central States Wrestling and Florida's CWF. I pillaged them and now have three brands: MACW, CSW, CWF. with Flair as the traveling World Champ

I am thinking of having Magnum TA go on a year tear winning all the Regional Titles to force Flair to give him a World Title Shot. It will be a year long plan. I had the RnR Express feuding with Arn and Tully for the World Tag Titles, but lost Gibson to an 8 month injury, so Magnum and Dusty won the World Tag Titles from Arn and Tully. Going to let that play out for a bit, then thinking of feuding TA with Flair. Flair will refuse because he doesn't see Magnum as the NO 1 contender.

Thinking of having Magnum go on a belt collector spree winning the MACW, CSW, CWF and US Titles, maybe even the World TV Title to force Flair to face him.

Of course, I would give TA an eventual win over Flair becoming NWA World champ. Then the question is what do I do with all the other titles? I still want to have the three brand territories. Thinking I might have Magnum vacate all of the other titles to focus on the World Title allowing for tournaments for all the other belts.

:0)

You could have him “lose” the lesser titles on lesser shows and handle the title changes via angles where the title change is announced which could set up feuds of their own. You could just eat a cheap loss or maybe have a match where a title can change hands on a DQ.

One idea to move a couple of them is to have someone get a cheap win on a show for a title and have “lose” another on a house show. Have the championship committee call for a tag team match between Magnum + whoever vs the other two for a couple more of Magnum’s titles. Have his partner pick up one and one of the other guys the other without Magnum taking a fall and now you have 4 titles off of him and a new “belt collector” with two titles to challenge him. Just a quick idea I came up with.

Never did the "belt collector" on a scale that large. But I have a smaller version of that which sounds...or seems similar.

For example; I had regional champions (Mexico, US, and Canada) face off to create the North American Championship. Then I'll bring in two South American wrestlers to face off and establish that championship, and then have one of them go up against the Northern champ to unify into Intercontinental. It goes both ways and the belts can splinter, but not nearly as much as a headache like boxing.

Or as a lot of posters have mentioned on a much larger scale, the J Crown.

In some instances you could use it to rebrand a whole federation, or to denote a whole new era of champion a la NJPW. Or ultimately, a "deus ex machina" moment where you need a reset button of sorts.

if its a heel belt collector I would have her or him put all the belts up and lose the match. The face champion would say they want to focus on defending the main belt and the others would be put up via tournaments.

To get them off a face I'd have them all on the line and when the heel wins the authority figure says its not healthy to have one person hold all the belts so they have to choose one.

This wouldn't work as well in Omega's case because his belts are part of different organizations, all of whom are concerned with their title lineage remaining "clean" and would want to avoid "vacated". When one entity controls all the belts the belt collector can just keep the top one and it won't hurt the other belts as much since they are looked at as lesser titles.

With the specific scenario outlined once Magnum gets his shot he could vacate the other belts (either Flair makes it a pre condition or TA decides to focus on the big prize). There is precedent for this as Paul Orndorff (RIP) vacated the National belt to focus on beating Flair for the NWA title (wasn't too long before he went to the WWF, 1982 or 1983 I think).

It is a quandary because a belt collector eventually has to drop all those belts which would seem to lead to a losing streak. There are other good ideas here though.

Merge all the belts into one World Championship and just reboot the entire company with brand new championships all the way down.

This is essentially my long-term plan for my current 2000's save. I have multiple companies functioning as brands, each with their own independent heavyweight or world heavyweight title. My intention is to have a title unification match with the two top world titles to unify them into one world heavyweight championship, which my figurehead will win. He'll then go to each of the "companies" and unify their top title into the world heavyweight championship (along the lines of what Lou Thesz did with a lot of promotional world championships back in the 1940's and 1950's). After that, each brand will have a top title, but I'll only have one world heavyweight championship (and likely one world tag team, world women's title, too).

St.T

Not at the same time but yes. I made myself. Bought out company and won all the old belts

When I see someone with multiple indy belts, I usually bring them in and give them a fifth or sixth. Often a midcarder though. Helps me get them over quickly, and take advantage of their hot streak before they get too burnt out. Then, I sack the pop for the next flavor of the month.

For me, I was never really into this type of thing unless it was to merge belts in a semi-realistic way. When I buy other companies, if they have important titles I gradually merge them into my established titles at important events. I give them the proper treatment of being treated like any other title with the champion feuding with my respective champion where the loser (mostly the pillaged title) is absorb into my current title and retired.

Or in other cases, I buy titles and give them to one of my child promotions.

Same, I could never put a title on someone just cause. Either they won it, I'm giving them a realistic push, or I'm in the process of merging the belts into one generally keeping my title and retiring the other. The only time I actually put 2 or 3 titles on one person is for my company main guy to hold the company's heavyweight title, the alliance title, and tried to win the IWGP world heavyweight title only for a few months before losing the NJPW title to Tanahashi and the Alliance title to a worthy workhorse who will do wonders with the belt.

Never did the "belt collector" on a scale that large. But I have a smaller version of that which sounds...or seems similar.

For example; I had regional champions (Mexico, US, and Canada) face off to create the North American Championship. Then I'll bring in two South American wrestlers to face off and establish that championship, and then have one of them go up against the Northern champ to unify into Intercontinental. It goes both ways and the belts can splinter, but not nearly as much as a headache like boxing.

Or as a lot of posters have mentioned on a much larger scale, the J Crown.

In some instances you could use it to rebrand a whole federation, or to denote a whole new era of champion a la NJPW. Or ultimately, a "deus ex machina" moment where you need a reset button of sorts.

I love that idea you're doing because every company who start small should do, have regional titles and slowly merge them into one title. For mine, I love buying companies going out of business or rivals (WWE and AEW) and have the respective champion enter a storyline with my heavyweight championship. Once he win WWE and AEW top belts, he merge them into his own and thus my company's top belt is the world title.