DX Rule!

panix04

Finally got round to watching RAW and i think that DX is the best thing to happen to trips and HBK i think both of there characters had become stale and all of a sudden i want to watch them again! HBK and HHH play off eatchother so well! Pure gold, for once Vince gets it right!

Meh, just like Stone Cold was stealing The Sandman's gimmick, DX was stealing the nWo's gimmick. They were both good, but it's sad that the WWF/E's most over things of the past 10 years were both stolen ideas. (The Rock wasn't an idea because he just had a ton of charisma and a great look.)

DX may well be a rip off of the NWO but the WWE did it better. The NWO was a nifty idea but DX made more of a connection to the audience. People could associate with young wrestlers rebelling against authority. Wether they can continue to pull it off on a regular basis at there age remains to be seen. But i hope so! As for stealing and recycling ideas you are right WWE make a habit of it. But sandman is (and was) a waste of space imho, stone cold wa an anti-hero because he was sticking it to the man, most hardcore wrestling fans detest Vince Mcmahon and most casual fans hate who they are told to hate, so Austin hitting his boss around made a connection to nearly all fans, sandman may have been in a similar position to Austin had his ring work not been so sloppy.

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE=panix04]People could associate with young wrestlers rebelling against authority.[/QUOTE] They were young. They aren't anymore. I was never a huge WWF fan but DX were pretty cool. Unfortunately, though, it just seems like they can't think of a decent new stable/gimmick for some of the young guys and are just reissuing old ideas. Then again they seem to do that all the time. [QUOTE=panix04]sandman may have been in a similar position to Austin had his ring work not been so sloppy[/QUOTE] That's a little harsh. He was catering to the tastes of a very different audience. Anyway, (forgive me if this is controversial) by the time Austin had reached the WWF his matches were hardly great spectacles - there was just a natural charisma and heat that accompanied the character. In my humble opinion, his best days were spent in ECW. But anyway, I shouldn't stray off topic. DX was a great idea. I hope they can pull it off again, because currently I watch with scepticism. Quote The Raven Nevermore

[QUOTE=Nevermore]They were young. They aren't anymore. I was never a huge WWF fan but DX were pretty cool. Unfortunately, though, it just seems like they can't think of a decent new stable/gimmick for some of the young guys and are just reissuing old ideas. Then again they seem to do that all the time.[/QUOTE] Because it works. Ask Microsoft about stealing other people's ideas. Then look at their bottom line and scratch your head. :p DX is a perfect vehicle for bringing heat and attention to young workers they can debut from OVW and DSW. With Triple H and HBK (two firmly established superstars) at the helm, they can be elder statesmen and bring some of the young talent to the A show (as opposed to Smackdown, the B show) which gets them maximum exposure. IMO, if they want to really make an impact, they need to add someone like Johnny Nitro and Melina to the stable and call up Aaron Stevens and Shelly Martinez, and/or debut Harry Smith as part of DX using his father's old gimmick. High Impact (DSW) looks ready for call up, but Tracy would probably have to come along for obvious reasons. I don't think resurrecting one of the most profitable merchandising brands in wrestling history is a bad thing, personally. It's good business.

Archived