Thunderverse Alt Thread 2020

Converting ThunderVerse Diamond renders to ThunderVerse Rey de Reyes

The quickest way to convert a ThunderVerse Diamond (TV2016) render to ThunderVerse Rey de Reyes (TV2020) is to download the attached zip file. Inside is a GIMP file. Please note, in order to follow these steps you will need to use GIMP 2.8 and not the latest version. The sharpen tool was changed considerably in the 2.9 update and I was never able to recreate the effect. The key steps are:

1. Open the Conversion file.

2. Open the image you want to convert as a new layer. Place this layer beneath the "Greyscale" layer.

3. With your TV2016 image still selected, use the GIMP 2.8 Sharpen filter (Filters > Enhance > Sharpen) with a Sharpness level of 50.

3. Delete the contents of the "Greyscale" layer. With that layer still selected, colour in the red background of the image in black (the pen tool is the neatest way of doing this, but not always the quickest). This will turn the original background grey (or silver, if you prefer).

4. Export the image as a new .jpg file.

If for whatever reason the attachment doesn't work, or you can't get it to work, the file is set out as below (from top to bottom):

1. A reference image (in my case, Chris Candell) in a hidden layer. I simply use this to ensure that the render alignment is correct (some of the earlier images were slightly out of align) for a middleweight.

2. A basic gradient layer called shine (
). This layer is set to a "Soft light" mode with an opacity of 30% (well 29.8% because GIMP tends to do weird things like that).

3. A greyscale layer. This is set to a "Color" mode at 100% opacity.

4. The render you are converting.

Note - if you want to combine a TV2016 and TV2020 image for an alt, the best way to do this is to fully convert the old image first. If you don't, you need to be careful about where each layer sits or you can duplicate the shine effect on areas of the image.

TV2016 to TV2020 Conversion File.zip

Converting ThunderVerse Diamond renders to ThunderVerse Rey de Reyes

The quickest way to convert a ThunderVerse Diamond (TV2016) render to ThunderVerse Rey de Reyes (TV2020) is to download the attached zip file. Inside is a GIMP file. Please note, in order to follow these steps you will need to use GIMP 2.8 and not the latest version. The sharpen tool was changed considerably in the 2.9 update and I was never able to recreate the effect. The key steps are:

1. Open the Conversion file.

2. Open the image you want to convert as a new layer. Place this layer beneath the "Greyscale" layer.

3. With your TV2016 image still selected, use the GIMP 2.8 Sharpen filter (Filters > Enhance > Sharpen) with a Sharpness level of 50.

3. Delete the contents of the "Greyscale" layer. With that layer still selected, colour in the red background of the image in black (the pen tool is the neatest way of doing this, but not always the quickest). This will turn the original background grey (or silver, if you prefer).

4. Export the image as a new .jpg file.

If for whatever reason the attachment doesn't work, or you can't get it to work, the file is set out as below (from top to bottom):

1. A reference image (in my case, Chris Candell) in a hidden layer. I simply use this to ensure that the render alignment is correct (some of the earlier images were slightly out of align) for a middleweight.

2. A basic gradient layer called shine (
). This layer is set to a "Soft light" mode with an opacity of 30% (well 29.8% because GIMP tends to do weird things like that).

3. A greyscale layer. This is set to a "Color" mode at 100% opacity.

4. The render you are converting.

Note - if you want to combine a TV2016 and TV2020 image for an alt, the best way to do this is to fully convert the old image first. If you don't, you need to be careful about where each layer sits or you can duplicate the shine effect on areas of the image.

Thanks so much for this! That's awesome.

Just thinking out loud. But if the position of the render is consistent (as I'm guessing it is based on the greyscale layer?). Is there a way of setting up a template of some sort that would could out the background apart from the border and let us slot a stable logo in to replace the current background? Or is that too ambitious?

Decided to use the Free Image folder posted in the general thread and started to convert some people to the new background.

They aren't perfect, but I tried to do it as quick as possible.

cCho2p4.png1PLLWyp.pngG7EqfY5.pngoT1CdYq.pngltROX5Y.png

Also found the Golddust looking one and made a bunch of variations with the color.

wZbTdvW.pngcXXujPH.pnghBoGBbc.png1uW6dTb.pngWfSmjyL.pngUZE0wip.png

I'll try and go through the list over time and post most of them.

Another Batch:

lm8cqF3.png4LCOefi.pngsjv6MPo.pngeYho5Ty.pngZED6fVV.pngu086jwd.pngIWf7wyX.png8oE5wMW.pngrJ5SFnJ.pngWToty9K.pngEm6Kz31.pngQJdsCmH.png39WYis0.pngXWVbBCW.pngmka8ent.pngvHjhNgb.png0myWpd2.pngPb8NZvQ.png

And my personal favorite, I gave one of them the Gene Snitsky yellow teeth.

96d8V9o.png

Alright, I've gone through and finished converting most of the rest of the free pictures, not including the ones that were just the same as another render, but with clothes. Also, if you guys see an issue with this clogging up the thread, I'll just put in on an imgur, I'm not exactly sure how I should post images in bulk because I've never really edited on here.

iNLcGpa.pngSSXhzbO.pngRgpwWwG.pngGMlHs2G.pnghn5MfNa.pngYNGpaW0.pngdYw65GG.pngoyV4kqC.pngp2DbD2U.pngJhFSvEq.pngSi2Gp7A.pnghnwYIWv.pngamgForM.png1IbPL3T.pngZ3n6b7z.pngbIk9g5A.pngRY7XQWz.pngoK5PvLN.pngex3cQdr.pnglQbQoAs.pngjNia0W5.pngqJcONSt.pnghBVAtAk.pngYrfOXqW.png0RABxe0.pngwcm7mmG.pngTbZzP23.pngvCRWlMv.pngHchE91u.pngrr4Crij.png611EZIZ.png8cMlJIh.pngB54VLbl.pngyvTZlJr.pngnU0YScp.pngt2OzjiN.pngWnnnkmE.pngfFEMIex.pngZkNXSYn.pngQ9sLa0O.pngixkqkQH.pngye91mgs.pngbTQ98Gq.pngELHO5q4.pngWbEfH9j.pngDP1ryQE.png9Mgem9K.pngnlD7hVN.pngLSS1sOd.pngCigjfTQ.pngSoSeGVb.pngxDhZfAq.pngyoo3QaC.pngUc9JVGK.pngQiljdfd.pngUWcifzc.pngPL0gD4e.pngEYXUt3X.pngRgjcoVn.pngl6LtQPZ.png2mcNLVQ.png

And here are a few others I made, tried to add some other alts for some of these.

LbZTceR.pngnkSTC89.png9t00Ary.png2lq1LIr.pngHnuIcdH.pngHdaXqVD.png3mXmkxU.png1JyiRPD.pngjaUB6g0.pngo0ZOGeG.png

Lastly, some more new GoldDust edits (Blue-Green, Hot Pink, Piss Yellow, White)

TnVDB80.pngunfEmBL.pngnw8fSaI.pngAEnMU2O.png

Thanks so much for this! That's awesome.

Just thinking out loud. But if the position of the render is consistent (as I'm guessing it is based on the greyscale layer?). Is there a way of setting up a template of some sort that would could out the background apart from the border and let us slot a stable logo in to replace the current background? Or is that too ambitious?

The positioning is based on the shoulders, so if you scroll between the middleweight renders they shouldn't "jump" in position. In reality there are a few that will because they were accidentally nudged or the person cutting the render wasn't familiar with the process but generally speaking they are the same. You can also use this to assess if the other sizes are in the right position, mainly around the neck and the eyes.

However, because the renders have different attires, different hairstyles, facial features etc. it's never quite as straightforward as applying one mask that applies to them all. Even on the masked renders, some of the patterns cause the mask to be slightly wider or taller which will have an impact. Add to that the black border around the worker and "cutting" the image can be really quite difficult.

If we still had PNGs for every worker we might have considered a GIF pic file at some point, but many have been lost to time and cutting the remaining images would be too much work for me.

Decided to use the Free Image folder posted in the general thread and started to convert some people to the new background.

Good start on these. It doesn't look like you've applied a sharpen to the images though, but it doesn't matter at what point you do that so you don't need to redo them all.

The positioning is based on the shoulders, so if you scroll between the middleweight renders they shouldn't "jump" in position. In reality there are a few that will because they were accidentally nudged or the person cutting the render wasn't familiar with the process but generally speaking they are the same. You can also use this to assess if the other sizes are in the right position, mainly around the neck and the eyes.

However, because the renders have different attires, different hairstyles, facial features etc. it's never quite as straightforward as applying one mask that applies to them all. Even on the masked renders, some of the patterns cause the mask to be slightly wider or taller which will have an impact. Add to that the black border around the worker and "cutting" the image can be really quite difficult.

If we still had PNGs for every worker we might have considered a GIF pic file at some point, but many have been lost to time and cutting the remaining images would be too much work for me.

Good start on these. It doesn't look like you've applied a sharpen to the images though, but it doesn't matter at what point you do that so you don't need to redo them all.

Regarding the bolded, you can just say MHero there boss it's all good. :p

Ah that's a shame, thanks for the reply though! I've been trying out different background removal tools but I don't think any of them can do it reliably enough from what I've seen so far. When it does work though, the GIFs don't look half bad in the game. I don't know if it's the outline that does that but they look a lot smoother than most I've seen.

I don't ever remember him being one that was alted a lot. Also this is like the second or third time you've ask, there's no need to spam the thread with the same request (not just a TVerse thing, it's general board etiquette). If people have any alts, they'll post 'em in time.

Ran into a bit of an issue because I couldn't actually find a sharpness button by itself. The one I found had a lot more options other than just sharpness.

Later today I'll go through and try and add the sharpness to all of them.

Also, do any of you guys have an easier way to just post images in bulk that's not putting them all on the page? I don't want to clog up the thread anymore than I already have with a massive group of images.

Ran into a bit of an issue because I couldn't actually find a sharpness button by itself. The one I found had a lot more options other than just sharpness.

Later today I'll go through and try and add them to all of them.

Also, do any of you guys have an easier way to just post images in bulk that's not putting them all on the page? I don't want to clog up the thread anymore than I already have with a massive group of images.

I honestly prefer them this way instead of linking to an outside source

I somehow managed to miss the part of the how-to-convert post that says Gimp 2.9 and above don't work with the conversion.

I'm downloading 2.8 now. I get that by this point a lot of people have probably already converted their stuff but I'm this far into it now that I can't quit.

I somehow managed to miss the part of the how-to-convert post that says Gimp 2.9 and above don't work with the conversion.

I'm downloading 2.8 now. I get that by this point a lot of people have probably already converted their stuff but I'm this far into it now that I can't quit.

If you plan on doing all of the free pictures then my goodness, you are my hero