Not able to book any good Rumble Match because of "too many participants"

Matches like the Royal Rumble are huge, important matches for Wrestling Fans with high prestige, but in TEW 2020 no matter what I do I can't get any good rating when booking one. Even with 30 top superstars, because it gets penalized for "too many participants". The same problem occurs for booking a "3 vs 3 vs 3" or any handicap-match (however, 5 vs 5 is fine, whatever the reason).

I think the penalty is wrong. Having that many participants is the whole reason for a rumble in the first place and the game shouldn't punish you for it. Right now, the game tells me: "Don't book a rumble or battle royale, ever. It will hurt your ratings!" which is definitely the wrong message. (Core product is Wrestling Nerd Nirvana with Three Ring Circus, if relevant - but I can't see anything there that would speak against a RR/BR).

No need to be alarmed. :)

That doesn't mean the match was necessarily "bad", per se. The way TEW works is, every match starts as the theoretical "perfect match". The game then adds in pluses and minuses, caused by several factors, which can be thousands according to the handbook. A battle royal style match gets a realistic penalty for being a battle royal match, due to the fact that there are so many people involved, it's hard for the match to stand out as a classic. A battle royal match can't reach the same heights as a Ricky Steamboat vs. Randy Savage match. But it can still be a good battle royal match, it just has a ceiling. Even though it's a "penalty", it doesn't mean you are being punished. Think of it more as a single factor that goes into rating the match score.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="akkarin" data-cite="akkarin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="53398" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I just booked another 30 men BR: "Segment rating was limited for having so many competitors" is the exact text.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> As the text suggests, that merely limits the top rating you can achieve, it does not actively penalise you. It's also a very high limit, as it only stops you from going over 89. </p><p> </p><p> I don't think that's particularly unrealistic given that there's never been a battle royal / Royal Rumble in real life that is close to the very best singles matches - at least not to my knowledge. I also disagree with your assessment that there shouldn't be any sort of punishment for big multi-man matches - by their very nature the number of people in it works against their quality.</p><p> </p><p> Your original statement that you can't get a high rating because of this piece of feedback is therefore inaccurate (unless you have extremely high expectations of what a good rating entails) - you may well struggle to get a high rating because of other factors, but the worst this particular feedback note could do is stop you getting into the 90s.</p>