USPW: Hegemony

Some how didn't work on this updat, but the one on the first page worked fine so I'm reading that instead. I have a really weird luck with the links on these forums. Thanks for the change

So strange, it's literally the same link. I copied it, and then pasted it in both places.

Technology is conspiring against me. Maybe next time I get a flood of activity on my diary it will be praise and acclaim lol

<div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:Georgia;"><em>on Demand on Reverie it's...</em></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Georgia;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Georgia;">

</span><a href="https://www.calameo.com/read/00683053413b0fb971648" rel="external nofollow"><span style="font-family:Georgia;"><strong><span style="font-size:24px;">USPW American Wrestling!</span></strong></span></a></p><p><span style="font-family:Georgia;"><strong>

February, Week 1, 2020</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Georgia;">

(Click the link to view show)</span></p></div><p></p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><em>I'm really excited about this one. I completely revamped my presentation style and am proud of how this one came out. It's not as clean and flashy as some, but I think I found the look I'm going for. Thanks for reading!</em></p></div><p></p><p></p>

Congratulations to DinoKea who won the Stars, Stripes and Slams prediction contest! As a prize they selected for Steve Frehley to be the subject of a kayfabe interview.

Unlike Behind The Curtain with J-Ro or Vibert's Voice, interviews on USPW.com are presented strictly in kayfabe.

6obeFL3.jpg

Exclusive Interview With Steve Frehley

Former USPW World Champion Sits Down With Lionel Greenwood

7ncnXAu.jpgzGYekgj.jpgtXXf6n6.jpg

LG: "Mr. Frehley, thank you for joining me."

SF: "I ain't doin you a favor LG. It's in my contract that I have to do this. I'm just here so I don't get fined."

LG: "Sorry?"

SF: "Ask your questions, man. Time's ticking."

LG: "Oh, okay then... ahem, some have noted your extreme dislike of Nicky Champion. Where does this animosity come from?"

SF: "I don't know how I can be any clearer about this. I don't hate Nicky Champion. I don't even dislike the dude... What I hate... the fire that fuels me is that if you ask the fans 'Who's the best wrestler in the USPW' then way too many of them are gonna say it's Nicky Champion... and I take that personally."

LG: "Well, he is a 6 time USPW Champion..."

SF: "I'm not interested in what happened before I got here. There's two eras in USPW, Before Frehley and After Frehley, understand? What y'all can't grasp is that I've taken that belt from him and he's never taken it off me."

LG: "That's true. If I could switch gears, a question that is on a lot of fans minds is, why did you choose to sign with USPW? It's been over 5 years and I don't think we've ever gotten an answer."

SF: "I don't owe you people answers."

LG: "I'm sorry I didn't..."

SF: "Whatever, it's fine. One of the richest dudes in the world bought the company and was looking to throw some money around. I went where the cash was."

LG: "So money was the only consideration?"

SF: "What? I'm supposed to act like it wasn't? LG, if another company offered you a raise right now you wouldn't even finish this damn interview."

LG: "I don't think it's quite that..."

SF: "Man, shut up. If you're trying to say you wouldn't, then you a liar, dog."

LG: "Perhaps..."

SF: "And I mean I guess it didn't hurt that this company was on the upswing. I want to work for the biggest and best company, make the most money and leave the biggest legacy. That's another thing that annoys me is when guys act phony. Like Nicky Champion always talking about how he goes out and does it for the fans. Y'all really eat that up."

LG: "Are you saying he's not genuine?"

SF: "Bro... are you serious? There's no way you're that naïve. That dude makes more money than you've ever seen. You think he's just out here doin it for the fans? Hell naw, he's doin it because it keeps the cash rollin in."

LG: "Speaking of cash... rumors are swirling that your contract is coming to an end soon. Have there been any discussions about signing a new deal?"

SF: "Yeah. This place knows I'm a star and they know what I'm worth. If they want to keep me, they know what they have to do to make it happen."

LG: "Good luck to you in your negotiations. I'd like to ask you about your bodybuilding career before you got into the wrestling business if I may..."

SF: "Nah, that's our time, dog. See you again in 6 months or whatever. Peace..."

<div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:Georgia;"><em>on Demand on Reverie it's...</em></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Georgia;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Georgia;">

</span><a href="https://www.calameo.com/read/00683053497c1c6d2500b" rel="external nofollow"><span style="font-family:Georgia;"><strong><span style="font-size:24px;"><span style="color:#0000FF;">USPW American Wrestling!</span></span></strong></span></a></p><p><span style="font-family:Georgia;"><strong>

February, Week 2, 2020</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Georgia;">

(Click the link to view show)</span></p></div><p></p>

HmIWEmk.jpg

USPW Star Steve Frehley's Contract Expires Soon!

Our sources are telling us that "The Dark Destroyer" Steve Frehley's contract is expiring soon! TotalExtremeWrestling.com was the first to break the story!

tcnRJxY.png

lP9eyOX.pngT70ib4Y.png

Surely USPW has the cash in order to be able to make a competitive offer to the superstar wrestler, but will Frehley want to return to a promotion where he's second banana to Nicky Champion or will he want to take his services elsewhere?

Currently ranking as the second most popular wrestler in the world, Steve Frehley will have no shortage of offers!

I've been reading this for a while, and I have to say you've done a fantastic job making USPW interesting. Your stories are engaging, and your characters are well written. Just wanted to let you know you've got a dedicated reader here although I may not always be able to check in and let you know you're doing great.

I've been reading this for a while, and I have to say you've done a fantastic job making USPW interesting. Your stories are engaging, and your characters are well written. Just wanted to let you know you've got a dedicated reader here although I may not always be able to check in and let you know you're doing great.

Thanks so much, man! That really means a lot. I love that anyone would read my stuff even if they are lurkers, but getting feedback like this is so appreciated.

I'm going to drop the go home show tomorrow along with a prediction contest, feel free to participate! The reward is generally picking a worker to get interviewed/profiled. Feel free to participate!

Spoilers if you haven't read the latest episode, February, Week 4, 2020!

6obeFL3.jpg

USPW Prediction Contest!

Join us on Saturday night for
Red, White and Blue
live from Denver, CO! Streaming live and on demand only on Reverie!

USPW Women's Championship Match!

Pariah versus Jaime Quine ©

"Pariah" Angela Bruin has been a rising star in her short USPW career so far and last month she defeated Jillian Jarvis in a #1 contender's match! Can her momentum carry her all the way to the USPW Women's Championship or will she meet her match in Jaime Quine?

USPW Tag Team Championship Match!

The Ring Generals versus Jett & Moor ©

The newest team in the USPW, The Ring Generals, are both accomplished amateur wrestlers and they've set their sights on the champions, Jett & Moor! Will The Ring Generals prove to be the best "real" wrestlers in the company or will the champs show them how things are done in USPW?

Casey Valentine versus Joss Thompson

Joss Thompson is a former USPW Champion but he feels he's not getting the opportunities he deserves. This month he's been taking out his frustrations on Casey and Peter Valentine. What will Cool Hand Casey do when pushed to the brink? Is The Complete Package underestimating his opponent?

Joanne Rodriguez versus Alicia Strong

A move many expected would never happen, J-Ro has finally joined USPW to face Alicia Strong! Strong has her sights set on "her" USPW Women's Championship, but J-Ro appears to have her sights set on Strong.

Enygma Asylum Match

The Mysterious One has been plagued in recent weeks by Tyson Baine and his chorus of demons, and he's finally had enough. This week he's challenged all comers to face him in "The Asylum"! Who will challenge him?

USPW National Title 4-Way Match!

Zeus versus Trent Shaffer versus American Patriot versus Roger Cage ©

USPW National Champion Roger Cage was challenged this month to defend his title in a four way dance. Zeus, Trent Shaffer and American Patriot won the right to compete in the match, but with Zeus feuding with Cage and American Patriot and Trent Shaffer feuding with each other, who will come out on top?

Last Man Standing Match!

Steve Frehley versus Nicky Champion

The Dark Destroyer resents Nicky Champion not giving this bout his undivided attention, and cost him his title shot at Stars, Stripes and Slams. The heat has been dialed up ever since. Can Hawkeye put Frehley down for the count or will Steve Frehley show that he's the top dog in USPW?

USPW Championship Match!

??? versus Rich Money ©

For months Rich Money has been using every dirty trick in the book to hold on to his title, including taking out his competition before the match. There's no way new USPW Commissioner James Justice is going to let him out of defending his title at Red, White and Blue, but who will replace an injured Running Wolf in the Main Event?

Prediction Key:

Enygma Asylum Match

[Who will face Enygma? Who will win?] (1 pt for each correct participant, -1 for each incorrect)

Last Man Standing Match!

USPW Championship Match!

??? versus Rich Money © (1 pt for the correct challenger, 1 pt for winner)

BONUS POINT:

Comment on the diary so far!

Enygma Asylum Match

[Who will face Enygma? Who will win?] (1 pt for each correct participant, -1 for each incorrect)

Last Man Standing Match!

USPW Championship Match!

BONUS POINT:

Comment on the diary so far!

Enjoying your style, like the layout and changing background images

Enygma Asylum Match

[Who will face Enygma? Who will win?] (1 pt for each correct participant, -1 for each incorrect) All of Baine's men defeat Engyma

Last Man Standing Match!

USPW Championship Match!

BONUS POINT:

Comment on the diary so far! It's been fun so far and I think it's building up to be good

Enygma Asylum Match

[Who will face Enygma? Who will win?] (1 pt for each correct participant, -1 for each incorrect) T-Rex as challenger, Enygma as winner

Last Man Standing Match!

USPW Championship Match!

Rick Law as the challenger

BONUS POINT:

Comment on the diary so far: Setting up to be a really awesome show. The state of USPW could go a number of ways depending on how this show shakes out. Some real change could happen. Make it happen!

HmIWEmk.jpg

Steve Frehley Signs Richest Deal in Wrestling History!

7ncnXAu.jpg

Steve Frehley

USPW has managed to lock up one of their biggest stars with a deal that eclipses the monster contract Rocky Golden signed with SWF just two years ago. The four year contract, which includes a base salary of $3.9 million per year also includes a $100,000 signing bonus. We're also hearing that USPW also managed to seal the deal without offering any per event bonuses, however significant promises were made to Frehley regarding his usage on the roster and he was given an unprecedented 50% cut of merch sales!

Of course, this deal didn't just have implications for The Dark Destroyer's bottom line. USPW figurehead Nicky Champion's contract contains a wage matching clause, so in order to sign Frehley to this deal, the company also had to give Champion a massive $50k monthly raise! "Hawkeye" Nicky Champion's own contract will be up for renewal in a couple months, so it may be that Frehley's current record for richest wrestling contract is short lived. Many are expecting Champion to command an even princelier sum.

-----

OOC- Also don't forget to post your prediction cards for Red, White and Blue! I should be posting the PPV in a couple days!

Enygma Asylum Match

Last Man Standing Match!

USPW Championship Match!

BONUS POINT:

Comment on the diary so far! On my must read list.

eh1FDkL.png

Episode 168: Nicky Champion

J-Ro:
"Folks, you read that episode title correctly, today we're being joined by the BIGGEST star in wrestling! This six time World Champion needs an introduction, but with me is Mr. USPW himself! Nicky Champion!"

Champion:
"Love the energy Jo. I've been fortunate to get lots of great introductions in my career, but that might be the best!"

J-Ro:
"Ha! Well I'm excited to have you here! I guess it just took signing up with USPW!"

Champion:
"Haha, I dunno if that was the reason, but it certainly didn't hurt!"

J-Ro:
"Well Nick, I'm really glad you joined us, but I'm just going to start out hot out of the gate. When you broke into the business you were given a gimmick as Tom E Hawk, can you walk us through that? Who came up with the idea? Did you have any creative input there?"

Champion:
"Oh man, what a deep pull. Well, yeah, it wasn't my finest hour. So to answer I want to back it up a bit. I grew up on the rez. Indian Reservations have poverty that a lot of Americans are totally unaware of. It was tough, but I was big and strong and I absolutely loved wrestling. So when I left home and I saw USPW was running a dojo, I signed up. Me and Happy Elwood were the only two guys who graduated and got signed. The contract I got wasn't huge or anything, but it was more money than I ever had been offered. Of course I signed, pro wrestling was a dream of mine, and I was going to make a good amount, but they approached me about being Tom E Hawk..."

J-Ro:
"When you say they, who are we talking about here?"

Champion:
"I'm not trying to throw anyone under the bus here, because we can all agree how stupid of a gimmick it was in hindsight but it was Shane Sneer. Shane's a good dude, a legendary booker, but he had that old school mentality, and Tom E Hawk is something that probably would have been great in SCCW. I was green so I thought, I'll just run with it and try to make it work. Try to be a positive native role model but it was just too cartoonish, it was never gonna work."

J-Ro:
"Yeah, I know what you mean, so what changed?"

Champion:
"Well, Sam bought the company. Danny Jillefski and Shane Sneer are good dudes, but they just didn't see me as a star. In those days, you needed a body like Jim Force, or you needed to be a monster like Giant Redwood or you needed some success elsewhere. Sam saw potential in me, and took me under his wing. Nicky "Hawkeye" Champion is a name that's gonna move a lot more merch than Tom E Hawk!"

J-Ro:
"Ha, by the way how much merch did you move last month, Nick?"

Champion:
"You know, a decent amount..."

J-Ro:
"You brought this up, Champ so I got the numbers right here... $2.4 million."

Champion:
"Ha! Yeah, that sounds about right, but I don't get all that. Company takes a chunk."

J-Ro:
"I'll bet! But moving on, your contract is coming up here in a few months, is that correct?"

Champion:
"Hoo boy."

J-Ro:
"Well?"

Champion:
"Well Jo, you're right. In about three months my contract will technically expire, but... I'm not looking to go anywhere else. At the same time, I know what I'm worth, you know?"

J-Ro:
"Hell yeah dude! I mean, I'm not just saying this, but you deserve it. USPW is what? 19 years old? And you've been more responsible than anyone for getting this company where it's at, man."

Champion:
"Oh man, thanks Jo. That's too kind."

J-Ro:
"Speaking of the success of this company, besides yourself, what do you attribute it to?"

Champion:
"Wow, hm... well first and foremost I think Sam Strong deserves a lot of credit. Danny and Shane and guys like Redwood and Doom and Cap... they all did so much to get this company on solid footing, but when Sam came in, he brought cash and connections. Enygma, Justice, Bruce. Then, I think you have to give Robbie Sanchez some credit. He is one of the most creative minds in the business, an elite booker and he helped get us past TCW and SWF. And Allen Packer buying the company, putting us on Reverie didn't hurt either. That got us on a LOT of screens!"

J-Ro:
"What's Allen Packer like, anyway?"

Champion:
"I... I've only met him a couple times. He's real hands off with the company. He's a big wrestling fan, but he's smart. He's not trying to run the show, he's a delegator. Having Robbie and then Paul "Rich Money" Parsons as bookers is just smart business. It's like football, sometimes you have an owner who wants to make personnel decisions and involve themselves with the ins and outs of the team even though they have no clue. You gotta step back, hire smart people and let them work."

J-Ro:
"Truth! Well Nick, I gotta pay some bills on here so we're gonna cut for a second for commercials but I want to keep this conversation going!"

Champion:
"No problem!"

snip