What's the longest feud you've ever booked?

One year. 2002 game starting on Survivor Series. Had Heyman turn on Lesnar and take on Show as his top client. Had Heyman say that "in the interest of fairness, no rematches would be granted. Other people deserve a shot."

Leading up to WM, someone would debut either attacking the next opponent or interfering in the match. So it ended up being something like 4 people and Show in the stable. Lesnar feuds elsewhere, but keeping an eye on Heyman and the stable. Starting July, Lesnar starts going through the stable, one by one, until getting a rematch out of Big Show at Survivor Series. Of course Brock goes over in the end. I forget where I went with it after, but the stable disbanded after Lesnar went through all of them.

<p>I quite like to cool off and reheat feuds. So like I will have most feuds hot over 1-3 months, massive feuds over 3-6 months and the biggest feuds can last up to a year.</p><p> </p><p>

But after that I like to reignite those feuds when their paths cross, quite often it's when they're drawn together in a tournament or Grand Prix since that is easy. Other times it might be their relationships with other wrestlers and other feuds that bring them back together. I hate the idea that a match just ends all animosity between two people, so I always highlight that it's still there unless otherwise stated and is ready to kick off at a moment's notice. </p><p> </p><p>

Not quite sure that answers your question, but it's just the way I look at it</p>

<p>I enjoy returning to feuds after they've been settled for a while after the wrestlers have developed as characters or switched dispositions. So a roughly 2 year period (so) I've had Jericho and RVD go at it as enemies, in a team etc. They have great chemistry so I figured why not.</p><p> </p><p>

Also, I'm not sure I'll ever pull the trigger, but my main event scene since the start of my show ~3 years ago has had Dawn Marie bounce around as a valet for some top heels, who have often found themselves going up against Terry Funk. In his latest feud with Marie's guy Ken Shamrock she called herself Funk's greatest enemy. I may need talking out of booking Funk vs Marie in a hardcore match to end it.</p>

I do a lot of long term storytelling, so I'm not sure I should count those as a continuous feud or not. For example, I had Seth Rollins win Money in the Bank as part of the Shield. The Shield reignited their feud with the Wyatt Family, leading to Roman turning on the Shield at Summerslam 2014 by allowing Bray to beat Seth for the briefcase (82). Roman and Seth feuded until Survivor Series and then did their separate things. Seth then won the Rumble and defeated Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 31 (99), only for Wyatt to cash in (84). The following night in the rematch between Bray and Seth, Roman cost Seth the match and their feud got reignited. They each participated in Bray's multiman WWE Championship matches (an elimination chamber and a triple threat with Bray/Seth/Brock).

Roman won Money in the Bank and defeated Seth at Summerslam to reinstate the Authority. Seth won an armageddon cell to face Bray at Survivor Series 2015, which Seth won (93) and got cashed in on by Roman (58). Seth went into the Royal Rumble 2016 WWE Championship match facing the two biggest thorns in his side, Bray and the defending champion Roman in a triple threat, in which Seth won the title (97). Seth capped off his feud with Bray at Fast Lane 2016, in which he retained (96). Seth then defended the WWE Championship against Royal Rumble winner Dean Ambrose and, using his rematch clause, Roman Reigns in the main event of WrestleMania 32, resulting in Seth winning (94). The Seth/Roman final chapter took place at Extreme Rules 2016 in a no holds barred 60 minute ironman match, which Seth won (100).

So, both the Seth/Bray and Seth/Roman feuds had roughly two years of history. But, I don't know if I want to include it since they were all doing their own things for significant parts of 2014-2016.

So, I'll use Sasha Banks/Becky Lynch

Note: They only had 1 match before this feud on a random Raw in 2015. Unfortunately, I found out they had poor chemistry half way through the storyline, but I'm stubborn as hell and wanted to see my story through.

The feud started in mid 2017 when reigning Smackdown Womens Champion welcomed one of her best friends to Smackdown as a result of the draft, Becky Lynch. Sasha retained her championship throughout the summer while Becky lost the Money in the Bank ladder match to Alexa Bliss. Becky won the title in a fatal four way with Paige, Summer Rae, and the champion Sasha (94. Alexa then cashed in after the match to become champion (59)

Sasha then began complaining that she lost the title without being pinned and not getting a rematch. Becky got her rematch with Alexa in hell in a cell to win the title back (89). The next Smackdown, both Alexa and Sasha demand a title match, and Becky accepts a triple threat. During the match, Mickie James and Nia Jax interfered on behalf of Alexa and Summer Rae, Madison Rayne, and Velvet Sky ran down to neutralize the interference. As Becky was focused on this, Sasha hit her in the back of the head with brass knuckles to win the title back, officially turning heel (91).

Becky was supposed to get her rematch at Clash of Champions in December, but Alexa, Mickie, and Nia attacked her before the match, causing Sasha to gloat and ended up facing Madison Rayne instead, which Sasha retained (97). Sasha defeated Alexa to retain at the Royal Rumble (88) and Becky won the first womens Royal Rumble (81). Alexa convinced Becky to put her title opportunity on the line at Fast Lane in an ironman match, which Becky won (92). Becky would finally get Sasha one on one in the main event of WrestleMania 34. Leading into the match, all eight titles that were on the line on the rest of the card switched hands. Sasha looked to be the only champion to walk into WrestleMania as champion and walk out as champion. Unfortunately, Becky made her submit to win the championship (90). Sasha didn't get a rematch as she was drafted to Raw, but she did get a bit of revenge as she attacked Becky from behind on the next Smackdown, allowing Ronda Rousey to debut and make the save. Yes, I'm aware of both of these examples extreme similarity, but I love the basic story idea.

Also, I'm really guilty of having my lower midcarders in aimless feuds with each other for ages.

At the time of writing, still going...

Cverse with additional mods, playing 5SSW, which by 2024 is a much larger and prestigious promotion.

Back in 2021, post JoshiMania finale, faction warfare became a major focus going forward (one major reason for their upswing in business), one of which being "Dawn", led by then tag champions Birds Of Prey Fuyoko Higa and Gemmini Ooshi. Higa was also world champion and a year later Ooshi won the Queendom Parade (basically 5SSW's G1) and had fought each other for the first time in a lengthy but still friendly exchange at the following JoshiMania. After an epic run as champion, Higa lost the title and BoP continued their tag pursuits but consistently came up short as contenders and the Tag League.

Higa then began surrounding herself within Dawn with new members from the dojos and developmental eager to learn and easily groomed and Higa slowly positioned more as an absolute leader of the group. Eventually Higa regained the title a year and a half later and following additional victories including the Queendom Parade as champion, a company first, she was the undisputed ace of the company. Ooshi would lose a second high profile match and this time unceremoniously kicked out of Dawn in early 2024 and ending their historic tag team run, fuelled Higa's immense solo success and BoPs perceived failures only cementing her already inflated ego.

Higa now calls herself The Empress with a army of young talent at her whim. Ooshi however has been absent for over a month...

This is a masterpiece!

It was fun :D

To expand on it, I played about a year or so more before TEW2020 came out. EVR slowly started to turn babyface, as evidenced by the end of that post. His RENEGADES faction did not like his show of respect to Oda, and it led a civil war angle in which Seven Brandt and a couple more members turned on EVR to form the aptly-named Mutiny faction. Brandt defeated EVR to win the UPJ Heavyweight title, holding it for a few months before dropping it to Oda thanks to interference from EVR. It was an easy way to transition the title back to Oda without another 1v1 match between him and EVR, and gave EVR a ready-made feud in the process.

I had Valiant and Scythe run for a year. Valiant would work his way up, challenge Scythe and lose. In November Valiant finally beat Scythe and did so in December as well, winning the feud (Scythe had a couple of previous wins). I'm pretty sure it was a storyline for a year but I might have broke it in half when Scythe challenged Mikey Lau for the SWF title in a graveyard match (Lau won via Valiantference)

Edit: looked it up. i restarted it when I had Rogue join as Valiant's untrusted ally who of course betrayed him (though he said reluctantly, he saw the way things were supposed to be and HAD to align with Scythe). there was no break but I restarted it for some reason.