WLW - Abandoning Tradition (C-Verse)

It was a cold December night in Sendai, Japan. A meeting was being held in the small WLW HQ. The members of said meeting were: New WLW owner Kaneie Komine, WLW Booker Haru Kurofuji, and long time WLW Veterans The Great Hisato and Yosuke Narita.

6C2vEOr.jpg

Kaneie Komine: I've called this meeting between the 4 of us to discuss the future of WLW. I've been thinking of how to rebuild WLW after both the Tsunami and Yakuza Scandal destroyed us and nearly ended WLW's run as a beloved company. What i'm about to propose may seem drastic to you guys but.. i think it can drive interest in us and help us rise from the ashes like the phoenix. What i propose is that we.. Abandon Tradition.

The other three men in the room were visibly concerned by this proposal but were willing to ask questions. the first to step up was the most experienced of the three. Yosuke Narita.

AVU7RLr.jpg

Yosuke Narita: What exactly do you mean by that? What exactly are we abandoning?

6C2vEOr.jpg

Kaneie Komine:I'm glad you asked Yosuke. I propose that for one we shift from a traditional touring schedule to a more western TV/PPV schedule where we would run one TV show per week and one PPV per month. All of our big events will be our PPVs in this schedule.

Haru Kurofuji would chime in with another question.

S6jldro.jpg

Haru Kurofuji:Why have you decided to make this decision? what good are you expecting to come from this?

6C2vEOr.jpg

Kaneie Komine: I have decided to do this for two reasons. One, i believe due to our current financial situation we need to cut costs and maximise profits as much as possible. Due to us paying our workers per show i don't believe it would be profitable for us to be paying out thousands of dollars for some workers per show for many shows per month and year when we have so little money to work with. I also believe that this new schedule will drive interest in us due to being different to every other company in the country. We may even be able to get interest from the western world due to our schedule running likes theirs which will be great for us in the short and long run. while i'm on the Subject i may as well reveal the name and logo of the new show to you guys before i do publicly.

gl3Yz5R.jpg

The Great Hisato would be the last one to ask something following the reveal of WLW Shockwave.

87paupt.jpg

The Great Hisato: Will any other changes be made to WLW?

6C2vEOr.jpg

Kaneie Komine: Yes. I will sooner or later be abandoning the Young Lion System traditions for another way of developing our younger talents. That however will have to be put on hold due to our financial situation. however you three to hear about it when it will be launching. Is there any other questions?

The other three men collectively shook their head no before the four men left the room ushering in the start of a new era for WLW.

WLW Roster As of Tuesday, Week 1, January 2020(pictures to be added later on):

Active Wrestlers:

Akima Brave, Akio, Americana, Bakin Sakamoto, Dark Wing, Eagle Kawasawa, Haru Kurofuji, Kaito Doan, Katoh Freak, Kazuhisa Hosotani, Kazuma Narato, Keisuke Koroki, Little Dragon, Masa Murata, Mokuami Maita, Monkey Maraguchi, Naoji Azumi, Necromancer, Nichiren Amagawa, Panda Mask II, Reaper Cicero, Reaper Dante, Samurai Boy, Shinya Abiko, Shogun Watoga, Snow Storm, SPEED D, The Tic, Tiger Prince, Toma, White Angel, Yozo Ishigami.

Tag Teams:

Angel & Tiger (White Angel & Tiger Prince)

Black House (Kazuma Narato & Mokuami Maita)

Circus of Death (Reaper Cicero & Reaper Dante)

Destiny Champions (Little Dragon & Samurai Boy)

Next Level (Kazuhisa Hosotani & Keisuke Koroki)

The Samoan Pitbulls (Akima Brave & Toma)

Factions:

PROGRESS (Masa Kurata, Shogun Watoga, Kazuhisa Hosotani & Keisuke Koroki)

The Cult of Gloom (Dark Wing, Necromancer, Reaper Cicero & Reaper Dante)

Staff:

Kaneie Komine (Owner), The Great Hisato (Road Agent) Yosuke Narita (Road Agent), Isei Deushi (Announcer) Taka Kajiwara (Color Commentary) Kitahachi Sonoda (Referee) Tashiaki Ibuka (Referee)

gl3Yz5R.jpeg

WLW Shockwave Episode #1

Main Event:

World Level Television Championship Tournament Quarter Finals: Mokuami Maita Vs Nichiren Amagawa

World Level Television Championship Tournament Quarter Finals: Necromancer Vs Little Dragon

World Level Television Championship Tournament Quarter Finals: Americana Vs Shogun Watoga

Next Level (Kazuhisa Hosotani and Keisuke Koroki) Vs The Tic and Panda Mask II

World Level Television Championship Tournament Quarter Finals: Dark Wing Vs Samurai Boy

Naoji Azumi Vs Monkey Maraguchi

Quick OOC Notes: 1. Shoutout to Fleisch for the WLW Shockwave logo. 2. i'm sorry if the start to this diary is a bit messy. i'll try to get the roster title and tournament history and event history posts finished up as quick as possible. i've just been wanting to actually start this for a few days now but didn't have the motivation to till now which is unfortunate as it's 2AM as i'm writing this. i appreciate any feedback and comments. Thank you for taking your time to look at and read this diary. also feel free to predict the shows.

WLW is one of my favorite companies and am super pumped for a diary on them.

Main Event:

World Level Television Championship Tournament Quarter Finals: Mokuami Maita Vs Nichiren Amagawa- really good worker that I always found it weird he wasn't loyal to WLW seeing as he's from their dojo system.

World Level Television Championship Tournament Quarter Finals: Necromancer Vs Little Dragon- Necromancer is solid and Little Dragon has a lot of development to do.

World Level Television Championship Tournament Quarter Finals: Americana Vs Shogun Watoga- both great workers but Watoga is the future if he doesn't leave for BHOTWG.

Next Level (Kazuhisa Hosotani and Keisuke Koroki) Vs The Tic and Panda Mask II- tough call but went with the vets here. Could go the other way if Panda Mask is leaving.

World Level Television Championship Tournament Quarter Finals: Dark Wing Vs Samurai Boy- Dark Wing us the more talented worker but is a pain at times.

Naoji Azumi Vs Monkey Maraguchi- if you got rid of young lions Azumi is a future star

Nice! WLW is the longest running save I've had with 2020. I'm interested to see how you handle running TV shows with them, whenever I've tried it in the past I've lost so much money. I hope you push Nichiren, he's always been one of my personal favorites.

Mokuami Maita Vs Nichiren Amagawa

Necromancer Vs Little Dragon

Americana Vs Shogun Watoga

Next Level Vs The Tic and Panda Mask II

Dark Wing Vs Samurai Boy

Naoji Azumi Vs Monkey Maraguchi

• 2 months later...
OOC: so this is a quick OOC post to say a few things. 1. i'm sorry about this diary being abandoned. i have a hard time sticking with saves in TEW and the save fell victim to that. 2. i will either be bringing this diary back or making a whole new diary, we'll see what a i do soon enough. if i do come back with a new diary i won't mind taking suggestions for what to do with it. may do a WCW 92 save as i've started that save and think i'll be able to get into it but i'll think over your suggestions as well. if you would like to suggest to continue this diary go ahead as i am considering that. thank you all.