Evolving the product

I played a lot of TEW 16 but hardly any of 20 but now I have time and fancy a save. I'll be starting as a death match backyard fed but as I get bigger I want to evolve the product. I've noticed that product works differently in 20 than 16, sorry if this question is a bit silly! Can I evolve my product from death match into a fed that will have a death match division and a "proper" wrestling division. Eventually the death matches will be turned into more of a division like the old WCW and WWF hardcore wrestling.

Will there be too many penalties for switching, any advice on what products to roll through as I change things up? Can I change to slightly less death match products as I go? There's so many to pick from it's a bit overwhelming, any advice is greatly appreciated :)

I played a lot of TEW 16 but hardly any of 20 but now I have time and fancy a save. I'll be starting as a death match backyard fed but as I get bigger I want to evolve the product. I've noticed that product works differently in 20 than 16, sorry if this question is a bit silly! Can I evolve my product from death match into a fed that will have a death match division and a "proper" wrestling division. Eventually the death matches will be turned into more of a division like the old WCW and WWF hardcore wrestling.

Will there be too many penalties for switching, any advice on what products to roll through as I change things up? Can I change to slightly less death match products as I go? There's so many to pick from it's a bit overwhelming, any advice is greatly appreciated :)

From the handbook:

A company can change product during gameplay and there is no limit to how many times they can do it. However, each product change takes time to complete and may only be to a related product, therefore it may take several changes over a long period of time to move to a drastically different product base.

So yes, you can certainly evolve the product. I think if you open your product screen in the office section it tells you the Core product and the Current product.

It will take a while to go from backyard to Global, so I can definitely see that evolution.