WCW 1995 - Playing with The Big Boys

Wonderful graphics!

May I ask what mod you are using ?

Thank you! I'd love to say they took me 5 minutes but I've literally been doing these for blooming weeks!

I've been testing a few mods to see how they go in the long term, as nothing worse than starting a game only for it to go a bit naff after only a year or so. Its the Monday Night War mod by Gazwefc

Pretty sure that pic of Meng is from 2000-2001ish. I don't remember him having the fro until the hardcore title was introduced. I could be wrong obviously, but I remember his hair being long in the mid 90s.

Yeah you are right. I've had to grab pics from online as wanted them slightly larger better quality. Meng is one of those that I struggled to get a decent quality pic from around that time. So had a to pick a slightly latter pic from his WWF run.

The ones I'm not happy with I am still going to keep hunting for and his is definitely one I don't much like!

This is looking pretty awesome. The 90s was amazing - mentally I don't think I've ever left.

Quick question - where are the Steiners? Surely they were back with WCW by this point? I could be wrong.

Annoyingly for me this roster is right. Back in 95 when Nitro debuted the Steiners were working for both New Japan and ECW. They did sign early 96 and had a fairly lengthy run. I've actually recorded a video I'm just editing to put up. One thing I cover is the woeful state of the tag division at that time. So the Steiners are absolutely on my shortlist!

Annoyingly for me this roster is right. Back in 95 when Nitro debuted the Steiners were working for both New Japan and ECW. They did sign early 96 and had a fairly lengthy run. I've actually recorded a video I'm just editing to put up. One thing I cover is the woeful state of the tag division at that time. So the Steiners are absolutely on my shortlist!

Yeah that makes sense. Would be very surprised if you didn’t face some competition for them though.

Yeah that makes sense. Would be very surprised if you didn’t face some competition for them though.

I've not started negotiating with them yet. I'm going to try and add videos of gameplay to this diary to flesh it out, so saving a few things to include in videos.

However they are early 30's, got some nice pop and really good stats across the board. So I think you will be right. I'm guessing as soon as I make an offer WWF will as well. The only thing going in my favour is I'm pretty sure they are going to want a boat load of money, so rules out too many being able to afford them! But they do feel a little bit like they could be the jewel in the crown of a pretty shoddy WCW tag team division at that time.

Try getting Road Warrior Animal so the LOD can be reunited, then sign the Steiner Brothers to really kick WCW's tag division into high gear (providing Vince doesn't try to get his hooks into them).

He starts with a back injury but something I will do for sure. Animal or Hawk as a singles wrestler just doesn't feel right. If i could pick up the Road Warriors and Steiners I think the tag division would go from pathetic to pretty strong. I'm bound to stumble over some decent random guys with good chemistry to flesh it out a bit.

He starts with a back injury but something I will do for sure. Animal or Hawk as a singles wrestler just doesn't feel right. If i could pick up the Road Warriors and Steiners I think the tag division would go from pathetic to pretty strong. I'm bound to stumble over some decent random guys with good chemistry to flesh it out a bit.

Road Warriors vs Steiners would be very cool.

Any chance of reuniting the Hollywood Blondes before Austin reaches the WWF and goes nuclear?

Road Warriors vs Steiners would be very cool.

Any chance of reuniting the Hollywood Blondes before Austin reaches the WWF and goes nuclear?

This is something I toyed with. BUT I've given myself so few rules and one of them is to avoid making it too unrealistic. Now I realise 90's wrestling was insane. If people told you Bret Hart would punch his boss and leave to join WCW they'd call you mad. But I'd rather not early on cherry pick the great talent and end up a years time with a super over powered roster. Austin starts signed to ECW i believe and in real life made the move to WWF early 1996. Now if it goes a while and Austin is going no where I might change my opinion. But I just dont want to start a game signing the likes of Foley, Austin, and youngsters like the Hardy's and Edge etc. I think it just makes life too easy as I know all those sort of talents will have outrageous potential. I've got to make it a bit of a challenge putting WCW's square pegs into round holes!

Dark horse tag teams:

High Voltage- Kenny Kaos & Robbie Rage should be available to sign immediately and they had a real good look.

Fire & Ice- I am probably Scott Norton's biggest fan ever, but Fire & Ice was super fun. Two bad ass hosses. If Ice Train had been left selfish and ego driven they probably would have been way more successful.

Wrath & Mortis- Yes, I love Bryan Clarke, but Mortis had some of the coolest ring gear and masks in pro wrestling. Plus, Kanyon was one of the most underrated talents ever.

The Faces of Fear- Meng and Barbarian were hardcore underutilized in both WWF and WCW.

Dark horse tag teams:

High Voltage- Kenny Kaos & Robbie Rage should be available to sign immediately and they had a real good look.

Fire & Ice- I am probably Scott Norton's biggest fan ever, but Fire & Ice was super fun. Two bad ass hosses. If Ice Train had been left selfish and ego driven they probably would have been way more successful.

Wrath & Mortis- Yes, I love Bryan Clarke, but Mortis had some of the coolest ring gear and masks in pro wrestling. Plus, Kanyon was one of the most underrated talents ever.

The Faces of Fear- Meng and Barbarian were hardcore underutilized in both WWF and WCW.

You'll be in for a treat as I love Norton as well. His back story is cool and actually in the ring I felt was a really cool dominating character. I think WCW left money on the table with him!