WCW 1995 - Playing with The Big Boys

18 hours ago, Blodyxe said:

Autobooker missed a chance to book Cobra/Shark!

This is the first thing I thought as well.  🤣 

Did make me think there could be some sort of comedy feud or possible team.  I like Tenta, but I want to move the Dungeon of Doom from being silly to more serious so have been thinking maybe a gimmick and name change, or ditching The Shark completely from the group. 

Sorry I missed out on the most recent prediction, I didn't get the opportunity to get in because I'd been out of action for a few days around the time of the match lineup being released due to recovering from a cold 🤒 (which was also what kept me from working on my own diary during that time).  Oh well, at least there's next time...  😏

Edited by Old School Fan

7 hours ago, Old School Fan said:

Sorry I missed out on the most recent prediction, I didn't get the opportunity to get in because I'd been out of action for a few days around the time of the match lineup being released due to recovering from a cold 🤒 (which was also what kept me from working on my own diary during that time).  Oh well, at least there's next time...  😏

It’s only a B show. Should have the real stuff to predict soon this week as well!

Hope you are feeling better now. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DHK1989 said:

Hulk Hogan & Sting

Lex Luger

Dean Malenko & Chris Benoit

Road Warrior Hawk

Thanks for getting involved.

Quite excited for this episode as putting a bit of a stamp of things and changing a few bits so is more in line with how I want it looking going forward in the main event scene at least.

17 hours ago, Bigelow Cartwheel said:

I don't believe Kanyon and Lynn will win.  But I want it to happen.  When you wish upon a star, etc... 

One problem I have is I've got alot of really good heels, both main event and mid card area.  Faces I need to build quick.  With Macho taking 3 months in rehab I've got Hulk and Sting in the main event.  Then after that we come down to guys like Breetus Beefcake and Jim Duggan! Lynn for a jobber is putting in some really decent performances in the high 50's in ring so would like to push him.  The easy option is find a heel to turn face, but I dunno the likes of Benoit, Malenko, Pillman all seem like better heels, especially in the mid 90's in my opinion. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dave E Mac said:

One problem I have is I've got alot of really good heels, both main event and mid card area.  Faces I need to build quick.  With Macho taking 3 months in rehab I've got Hulk and Sting in the main event.  Then after that we come down to guys like Breetus Beefcake and Jim Duggan! Lynn for a jobber is putting in some really decent performances in the high 50's in ring so would like to push him.  The easy option is find a heel to turn face, but I dunno the likes of Benoit, Malenko, Pillman all seem like better heels, especially in the mid 90's in my opinion. 

Makes sense.  I'm having the same problem with WCW in 2001.  Main event faces are pretty sweet but anything below there's just nothing there.  Everyone's a heel bar Hugh Morrus.

9 hours ago, Bigelow Cartwheel said:

Makes sense.  I'm having the same problem with WCW in 2001.  Main event faces are pretty sweet but anything below there's just nothing there.  Everyone's a heel bar Hugh Morrus.

Which is a pain as there’s no midcard face to feed to the main event heels because I need to build faces up so can’t have them losing all the time. I might just need to pick someone to turn face and go with it I guess. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Blodyxe said:

Mmm... interesting to see this newer version of the Dungeon. Will you put them in War Games right off the bat?

I would have liked to, but its only 2 weeks away and the new members pop is pretty low.  So storyline wise it makes sense they would, I'm going to try and get round that to build something else.  AS much as I don't worry too much about ratings etc, its a sandbox game, you'd never see someone who the fans see as a jobber main event a PPV. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Bigelow Cartwheel said:

On scrapping the Macho/Pillman storyline due to Savage's drug bust:

"I'm gonna do a typical WCW thing and completely ignore that."

Totally spot on.  😄  #authentic

The way WCW explained away most storylines they didnt like, just pretend it never happened!