You Think You Know Me

Alex DeColt Thursday Week 2 Dec 2019 Alex's Garage

[ img ] https://imgur.com/HFphhg7 [/ img] [ img ] https://imgur.com/mRyWcA [/ img]

The Mad King of wrestling. I scoff as I sit drinking in my garage. I heard the familiar growly voice of my best friend Dan DaLay. "You can't be serious." I reach into the cooler and pop the top on another cold brew. I flex my arms and smile at him. "Your wife said it last week. I'm in better shape now than I was when I retired. Although she married your fat a** So what does she know about men." Dan chuckles and calls me a piece of sh** as good friends can do to each other. I love Dan like a brother. He's never stabbed me in the back. He is the only person in the world I can trust. I had just told him that I was getting back in the ring. Not only coming back to the business I swore I never would return to, but doing something I haven't done in over six years. Truth was I needed the money badly. My second wife divorced me. She was too young and thought the money would never dry up. She never got used to the simpler lifestyle. Then there were some bad investment decisions.

"If you could go anywhere, where would you want to go?" Dan asks as he snacks on some chips. I think for a moment. "Supreme just like dad. I mean don't get me wrong if Packer wants to throw millions of dollars at me I would take it." Dan's eyes light up when he sees the caller id on his phone. He puts down his bottle barely touched and wishes me luck as he speeds off. I know it's Robin. His pride and joy. Most of the time Dan can be a miserable son of a b**** like me, but if his boy calls, his whole world changes. It's all full of sunshine and roses. I grab Dan's beer and wipe the top of it with my shirt. I was happy for my friend. Married and proud father...but there was a small part of me that was jealous of his life.

The sun’s set as I puff on a cigar. My phone rings and I answer it with excitement when I see it’s my agent. "What do you mean nobody's interested in me? Rhode Island? After everything I've done in this business. I am a living legend in Canada...you know what you're fired!" I hang up the phone and throw it against the wall screaming in my empty house. I pour a shot and mutter to myself as I down it instantly. I let out a long exhale and fight back the tears. "I'll show them. Too old." I pour myself a second shot. "I'll show them all!"

-------------------

Welcome to my first ever diary attempt. Some of my favorite diaries to read have involved the DeColts. I seem to have a soft spot in my heart for them. I’m going to try and stick to behind the scenes, and angles. Not that I’m good at them but, I’m hoping I can get by. Match write ups are not really a strength. The goal of this is to write an entertaining story of Alex’s redemption.

Authors note I did tweak some of Alex's physical stats a bit. I also added the Steroid user, and changed his 100% babyface to an amazing heel. Although I may change that back as Alex is needy so I feel like he would want the people to cheer him. But, in my head he thinks he is still a baby face but in reality he is being a really good heel...I mean since he is Mad after all. Not sure if that makes any sense so enough rambling on with the show!

I’m looking forward to seeing where this goes! I thought it was so disrespectful to Alex how he was sent off in this game’s edition of the C-Verse. He’s such an awesome character outside of the ring. I hope you can give him a better end than he has seemingly met in the C-Verse.

Also, I can’t access the second Google Doc.

Thank you for letting me know about that. I'm sorry I'm still trying to figure out this whole diary posting thing. Hopefully I can give Alex his due. Thanks again for your kind comments

I just binged all the latest posts from you. My big criticism so far is that the match descriptions are very dry. I don’t know what sort of time constraints you may have, but I think adding details to the matches besides the game-generated ones would really help reader immersion. But I’m loving Alex’s character work right now. The ending to the first show was perfectly terrible given where Alex is at mentally right now. I’m curious what depths Alex will sink to before he realizes he has a problem.

Thanks for the advice. It's something I will try and work on for future shows.

You are a workhorse, my friend. I can't believe how much content you're putting out at this speed. I'm digging the Romeo/Lion Heart unrequited love angle, and I can't wait to see how it ends. The Jamie/Garry shenanigans are always so much fun too. It's good to see Alex isn't taking himself too seriously. Plus, he lets his top heel faction lose once in a while! Take note, CWA! With Christian Price leading the new Elite. What the hell were they thinking over there?

Of course, the surprise debut was huge. In a year from now, if you book him in the main event of every show, you might get enough overness to sign for WrestleWorld! How cool would that be?

I have a confession. I wrote most of this several months ago when I was talking to the Godfather Historian *kisses ring* about posting a diary. I never thought I'd share it since I thought the Alex story had been told 100 times over and nobody would want to read another one.

So thank you for the nice comments and I appreciate your feedback. Alex is a ratings cheat code for my tiny promotion. But, yes that is our goal to sign with WrestleWorld sometime in 2021.