Update to 2021

fgtr3

• 5 months later...

Work-in-progress update.

Still play 2021 at the latest, but the stats for 15 teams (mostly alphabetical order) have been input for this latest season and potentials changed around a bit for those teams.

So anyone on those teams should hopefully be a bit more accurate even playing in earlier years than they were with the last update, especially any rookies on the 15 teams.

Just put the historical.dat in the same spot as before.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1U9G_l-PimeXd-nZD0Z9nCp1Xsjodmh_c/view?usp=sharing

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Updated again. All teams updated as well as 60-70 missed players (mostly vets who were not on Spotrac because they expired as UFAs).

Next update will be start of FA (state of the file, not the date) with draftees included. That update will also be the first 2022 start date playable file (well, you could use this one, but there's no rookies).

Same link as before: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1U9G_l-PimeXd-nZD0Z9nCp1Xsjodmh_c/view?usp=sharing

OK I lied. I have another update coming soon. Mainly, I wanted to look closer at how the more current rookies are progressing. Here are my notes:

comparing 2016-2021 draftees to 2002-2006, there are significantly more yellow-overall players in the more recent classes. I expect this is because more players actually get playing time due to pace/resting players. When you compare 2022, 2005, and 2002, the number of players who played 1500+ and 1000+ minutes on the season are fairly close. However, when comparing the 600+ and 300+ minute cutoffs, the numbers drastically differ:

600+: 358 players

300+: 426 players

600+ 319 players

300+: 370 players

600+: 299 players

300+: 340 players

And so I believe that reflects better on 9th-12th slot guys that are yellow in recent drafts that may be orange or out-of-the-league in older classes.

And then I feel the top of the drafts are a bit weak. When counting unique players with either an all-star or all-league designation (can be both), the older classes had an average of 3.5 all-stars and 1.75 all-league players per draft 5 years in to the draft, where most players should be nearing their prime. In comparison, the modern classes had an average of 2.1 all-stars and 1.3 all-leagues in those 5 years.

After 10 years, the all-star numbers were a bit closer but the all-league was still a big difference. Old class was an average of 5.8 all-stars per draft and 4.4 all-leagues. Whereas the modern classes had an average of 4.9 all-stars and 3 all-leagues.

This isn't a huge data sample, but it takes a while to sim and record so this at least gives something.

So I'll revisit the drafts and adjust potentials around. And that'll be the next and only update before the FA one. Cool.

OK I lied. I have another update coming soon. Mainly, I wanted to look closer at how the more current rookies are progressing. Here are my notes:

comparing 2016-2021 draftees to 2002-2006, there are significantly more yellow-overall players in the more recent classes. I expect this is because more players actually get playing time due to pace/resting players. When you compare 2022, 2005, and 2002, the number of players who played 1500+ and 1000+ minutes on the season are fairly close. However, when comparing the 600+ and 300+ minute cutoffs, the numbers drastically differ:

600+: 358 players

300+: 426 players

600+ 319 players

300+: 370 players

600+: 299 players

300+: 340 players

And so I believe that reflects better on 9th-12th slot guys that are yellow in recent drafts that may be orange or out-of-the-league in older classes.

And then I feel the top of the drafts are a bit weak. When counting unique players with either an all-star or all-league designation (can be both), the older classes had an average of 3.5 all-stars and 1.75 all-league players per draft 5 years in to the draft, where most players should be nearing their prime. In comparison, the modern classes had an average of 2.1 all-stars and 1.3 all-leagues in those 5 years.

After 10 years, the all-star numbers were a bit closer but the all-league was still a big difference. Old class was an average of 5.8 all-stars per draft and 4.4 all-leagues. Whereas the modern classes had an average of 4.9 all-stars and 3 all-leagues.

This isn't a huge data sample, but it takes a while to sim and record so this at least gives something.

So I'll revisit the drafts and adjust potentials around. And that'll be the next and only update before the FA one. Cool.

Hi There. How are you?

I have been talking to you on another forum. Man, incredible update!!

Thank you very much.

When you have some news about it, please send a message, ok?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
I am new to FBPB3 and was wondering if there is a tutorial on installing this mod?

Yes, I can see how it could be confusing if you click on the most recent link.

Click the link in the first post and that will have a little instruction file. Only 2 of the 4 folders are necessary, which will be detailed in the file.

If you can't find one of the save locations, you might have hidden folders invisible, in which case google how to show hidden folders.

And then the most recent link will just be one file that's the most updated.

Yes, I can see how it could be confusing if you click on the most recent link.

Click the link in the first post and that will have a little instruction file. Only 2 of the 4 folders are necessary, which will be detailed in the file.

If you can't find one of the save locations, you might have hidden folders invisible, in which case google how to show hidden folders.

And then the most recent link will just be one file that's the most updated.

Thank you this was perfect! Have a good one.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

GREAT update!!!

Makes the game playable again for sure. I had tried to keep updating seasons  up until around 2019, but the game became too problematic with all the new/ younger players.

I have explored both the 2019 and 2020 season and found you have probably 95-99% of the players listed. I enjoy tweaking the player ratings to try to get something closer to real NBA stats for a simmed season, but having recent season  real stats in there makes a BIG difference.

THANK so much for this mod/update  of a great game. 

Edited by kdp59

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...