I have a WCW game that started with the first Nitro in 1995 and I'm now heading into Bash at the Beach '96 where I planned on beginning the NWO official and how they historically did; with Hogan turning heel.

However, things have taken an abrupt turn, so to say. A bit backstory, things are a bit different to how they turned out so far; Vader is not with the WWF, he's really helping the USWA become a powerhouse. Steve Austin went unsigned, so I signed him. He's currently in the 4 Horsemen with Flair, Anderson, and Pillman.

Rocky Miavia is currently unsigned as well and I have no plans to sign him. The Giant's contract came up and the WWF offered him much more than I wanted to give, so I let him go. I competed in bidding with Bret Hart, having no plan to actually sign him, I just wanted to make the WWF up their money for him. My plan was to financially hurt the WWF through the bidding, since I think it's so out of whack in this series. It's literally impossible to compete in bidding with large companies, even if you're the #1 company, but I digress....

Anyway, Shawn Michaels contract came up. Again, my strategy was to compete in bidding just to make the WWF pay more for HBK. I didn't actually have any plans to sign him. Well naturally, HBK accepts my deal. So now, with 15 days until Bash at the Beach, do I sign HBK and make him the 3rd man, or turn Hogan and keep my plans, and drop the bid for Michaels?

Honestly I don't know. On one hand, I would take him so the WWF stops spamming 100 rated matches, but I really don't have plans for him.

It's a tough one. On one hand, if you can get HBK, it's damn tough not to take him. On the other hand his attitude might (likely will) cause trouble for you (not that other people in WCW won't do that of course), so if you don't really have plans for him, I'd say stick with your original plan and go with Hogan instead. Just my thoughts :)

In the spirit of role play you should definitely sign him. WCW clearly didn't have plans for Bret Hart but they took him anyway because it was a blow to the competition. Shawn was probably the best worker in the world in 1996 I think you've gotta take him. Make him the third man and hey who better to make Hulkamania look good, brother?

<p>Thanks for the feedback from two legends!</p><p> </p><p>

I opted to withdrawal my offer to HBK for a couple of reasons. First, it just deviated too far from where I'm wanting to go in my game. I always like to keep my games realistic and close to real events....Yes, I know, I signed Steve Austin. I also talked Steamboat into coming out of retirement. In fairness though, I gave Austin a lot of time to sign with the WWF and they never gave him an offer. I thought he'd fit in real well with me bringing the Horsemen back and took the chance. Anyway....</p><p> </p><p>

I thought that signing HBK in 1996 was just way too unrealistic. I figure if he didn't go in real life, when he had all the reasons to, then it just wasn't the path I wanted to take.</p><p> </p><p>

Additionally, and probably the tipping point for me, is that I forgot that in order to get Hall and Nash to sign with me, I gave them wage matching. On top of that, Hogan also has wage matching. So if I signed HBK, they all would have matched his salary. With just the 4 of them alone, I would have been spending over $4 million a month.</p><p> </p><p>

So, I guess for the next while I'll have to deal with the WWF spamming 100 rated matches out of HBK. I'm sure when his contract is up next and the WWF has poached all my big stars (because you literally cannot compete with the AI in negotiations), I'll reconsider signing him.</p>