Title History

Is there an easy way to see what titles your wrestler has won and how many times they defended it? Maybe a screen that shows a picture of the belt with who it was won from, who it was lost to, and how many times it was defended successfully.

I think that shows for other wrestlers, but what about the wrestler I'm controlling? Is there a screen in the locker room that will show that information? I know the matches screen will show is a title was won/retained during a match.

hey adam.. i was thinking.. since you have the title histories for certain feds already written up in the cornellverse, it would be cool if you kinda, pre-implemented those title histories into the game.. i think for some people it may add prestige or value to a title belt, you know? what do you think?

Point taken. I guess I invisioned it as sort of personal trophy screen/room where you could see how well you've done and how many titles you've managed to win over your career. Also, career milestones (top 100 rankings/a* matches/ppv main events/etc) could be listed here too. Maybe in WS3. Good job on the game. I'm enjoying it more than I did WS1 initially.

I agree, something that kept track of those things would be rather cool. Also, a match tracker. It could keep note of the Length, Rating, Winner, and the Winning Move. I'm confused as to how the title histories have anything to do with the real world mods. It's two different databases. Hopefully, they can put added when an update is made.

[QUOTE=The Humanoid Typhoon]I'm confused as to how the title histories have anything to do with the real world mods. It's two different databases. Hopefully, they can put added when an update is made.[/QUOTE] If you add a feature (in this case, title histories from before the starting date) to the game you can't have it just apply to one database, it has to be able to work with all. It would be relatively easy to add for the Cornellverse, as it's nicely organised and almost all the former champs are in the database, but as it would also have to apply to any real world databases then it gets far more complex - just look at the lineage mess you have with the "big gold belt", and consider how insane that would be to try and make sense of in a computer program.

:confused: I understand your idea, but I really don't see how that helps much. Yes, it would be great for people who can't be bothered to do anything more than the previous champion....but I can hardly release a title history feature that is only useful to people who aren't willing to do much work. I think maybe you're not understanding the problem here? The difficulty is in doing a title history for a belt that has former champions who aren't in the database, and more importantly, for belts that have a fractured lineage. Your idea doesn't address either of them, other than saying "it's a feature that can only do simple stuff". That's hardly a great way to do business!

Well, for people who aren't in the game, you could have a select worker option and an input the name option. The only active title in North American wrestling with a screwed up lineage in the NWA Title and the lineage isn't much of an issue. [url]http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/titles/nwa/worldheavyweight.html[/url] Bobo/Rogers and Flair/Colon appear to be the only problems, but they resolve themselves. The can't be bothered group is only for the real world mods. Only listing Christian Cage is simply optional. Title histories are really just stat tracking and interesting facts, anyways.

[QUOTE=The Humanoid Typhoon]The only active title in North American wrestling with a screwed up lineage in the NWA Title and the lineage isn't much of an issue.[/QUOTE] I'd dispute that - the WCW "big gold belt" was what I was mainly talking about, with the unification and subsequent re-introduction. The same applies to any other belt that was unified, as then you have a "split" lineage. That's where the difficulty lies.

I'm glad to see this thread exists, because I was about to ask if there was a reason you hadn't included title histories in the databases rather than just the game files. I have to say I can understand the reasons behind not including it, but I don't think the issues are huge (well, maybe for the current database setup, I'm not really sure on that). For title unifications, an option to "Unify With " or "Unify With as " would work fine. If they were later re-introduced, a "Split" option would re-activate the belt. Yes, it would cause a slightly bigger database, due to extra fields, but not excessively. You could also add a "Disputed with " option in the case of two workers claiming the belt at the same time. Workers not in the database, having an input name selection would be suitable, I think. Perhaps with a display option to indicate that they aren't in the database. Again, just my opinion, and (hopefully) obviously not something to put in the current versions of the games, but one can always hope for this in the future.

[QUOTE=steev42]For title unifications, an option to "Unify With " or "Unify With as " would work fine. If they were later re-introduced, a "Split" option would re-activate the belt. Yes, it would cause a slightly bigger database, due to extra fields, but not excessively.[/QUOTE] Just to clarify, in regards to unifications\splits I was talking more about showing their histories correctly than the actual process of unifiying\splitting. What I mean is that the current title history is a linear list, so showing "branches" to show the history of all the belts it incorporates is the problem I was looking at. [QUOTE]but I don't think the issues are huge [/QUOTE] You are correct, they aren't huge, I'm fairly certain I can work around them. However I was thinking more along the lines of having them in a future TEW game (as that is more statistical \ history based) rather than WreSpi2, which is less concerned with that sort of thing.

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland]I'd dispute that - the WCW "big gold belt" was what I was mainly talking about, with the unification and subsequent re-introduction. The same applies to any other belt that was unified, as then you have a "split" lineage. That's where the difficulty lies.[/QUOTE]The World Heavyweight Title is a different title. The first champion is Triple H. [url]http://www.wwe.com/inside/titlehistory/worldheavyweight/[/url] They've made references to some past WCW Title holders as WHT Champions for prestige reasons. However, the main reason they are excluded is because of workers he doesn't like or damaging title runs. With the pre-unification titles, I don't think anywhere cares about it. They can just list the people who held the belt in question and keep it moving.

Archived