A PARADIGM SHIFT

MfBG7Gf.png

PARADIGM BOARD OF OPERATIONS

ANGUS KING ~ CASPER FOLD ~ BRET HART ~ TULLY BLANCHARD

THE STAFF

MANAGEMENT TEAM

ERIC BISCHOFF ~ MIKE GRAHAM ~ MIKE ENOS ~ JOHNNY ACE

COMMENTARY TEAM

JERRY LAWLER ~ MIKE TENAY ~ TONY SCHIAVONE ~ STEVIE RAY ~ JEREMY BORASH ~ DUTCH MANTELL ~ LARRY ZBYSKO

BACKSTAGE ENFORCER

ARN ANDERSON

MANAGERS & PERSONALITIES

RICKY STEAMBOAT ~ STACEY KEIBLER ~ MIDAJAH ~ MISS JONES ~ TYGRESS

REFEREES

CHARLES ROBINSON ~ BILLY SILVERMAN ~ NICK PATRICK

HEAVYWEIGHT DIVISION

BOOKER T ~ DUSTIN RHODES ~ BIG POPPA PUMP

GOLDBERG ~ ROB VAN DAM ~ BAM BAM BIGELOW

STING ~ CHUCK PALUMBO ~ JEFF JARRETT

RIC FLAIR ~ SHANE DOUGLAS ~ SHAWN STASIAK

DISCO INFERNO ~ MARK JINDRAK ~ SEAN O'HAIRE

BUFF BAGWELL ~ RENO

CRUISERWEIGHT DIVISION

SHANE HELMS ~ CHAVO GUERRERO JR ~ 'BAM BAM' SHANNON MOORE

JOHNNY SWINGER ~ JASON JETT ~ LASH LEROUX

KWEE KWEE ~ TAKA MICHINOKU ~ JAMIE KNOBLE

TAG TEAM DIVISION

THE INSIDERS

DDP ~ KEVIN NASH

KRONIK

BRIAN ADAMS ~ BRYAN CLARK

JUNG DRAGONS

KAZ HAYASHI ~ JIMMY YANG

THE BULLYWEIGHTS

ELIX SKIPPER ~ KID ROMEO

AIR RAID

AIR PARIS ~ AIR STYLES

THE KENTUCKY BEND OUTLAWS

CHRIS HARRIS ~ JAMES STORM

THE HIDE YOUR WIVES EXPRESS

ALEX WRIGHT ~ EVAN KARAGIAS

THE COMMISSION

JAMES MARITATO ~ TONY MAMALUKE

WASTE MANAGEMENT

BIG VITO ~ 'TOMMY GUN' TOMKO

ROAD WARRIORS

ANIMAL ~ HAWK

LOS POLLOS HERMANOS

SUPER CRAZY ~ RICKY MARVIN

THE ROCK 'N ROLL EXPRESS

RICKY MORTON ~ ROBERT GIBSON

{XS}TERRESTRIALS

LENNY LANE ~ LODI

STABLES

THE MARITATO FAMILY

JAMES MARITATO ~ TONY MAMALUKE ~ BIG VITO ~ TOMMY GUN TOMKO

TEAM CANADA

LANCE STORM ~ MIKE AWESOME ~ STEVE CORINO ~ ROBERT ROODE

THE NEW BORN THRILLERS

MIKE SANDERS ~ CHRIS HARRIS ~ JAMES STORM ~ KEN ANDERSON ~ 'THE PROTOTYPE' JOHN CENA

MILLER & FRIENDS

ERNEST MILLER ~ HUGH MORRUS ~ NORMAN SMILEY

THE WEEPING

VAMPIRO ~ MORTIS ~ ABYSS ~ RELLIK

D913DbY.png

CURRENT CHAMPIONS

WCW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

iLFhhuw.jpg

GOLDBERG

TITLE HISTORY:

Goldberg defeated Booker T at BIG BANG 2001 to win the championship. (Booker T had a 7 day reign, making 1 defence)

WCW WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

9uwoWXh.jpg

THE INSIDERS [Kevin Nash & Diamond Dallas Page]

TITLE HISTORY:

The Insiders defeated Natural Born Thrillers & The Filthy Animals at Slamboree 2001 to win the championships. (Natural Born Thrillers had a 13 day reign, making 1 defence)

WCW UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP

MozLBdZ.jpg

DUSTIN RHODES

TITLE HISTORY:

Dustin Rhodes defeated Ric Flair at Nitro June 23rd 2001 to win the championship. (Ric Flair had an 22 day reign, making 1 defence)
Ric Flair defeated Booker T at Nitro May 12th 2001 to win the championship. (Booker T had an 8 day reign, making 1 defence)

WCW CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

0sLHS6a.jpg

SHANE HELMS

TITLE HISTORY:

WCW CRUISERWEIGHT TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

4AXIxAf.jpg

THE BULLYWEIGHTS [Elix Skipper & Kid Romeo]

TITLE HISTORY:

The Bullyweights defeated The HYW Express, Air Raid, and Helms & Knoble at Great American Bash 2001 to win the Championships.
The Weeping defeated The Filthy Animals at Slamboree 2001 to win the Championships, however the titles were immediately vacated. (The Filthy Animals had a 13 day reign, making 1 defence.)

WCW TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP

tjkgUjb.jpg

CHAVO GUERRERO JR

TITLE HISTORY:

9ZdWRIY.png

WCW WILDSIDE ROSTER & CHAMPIONS

kuLFw2L.jpg

WCW WILDSIDE HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

JAMIE KNOBLE

LGlSgzX.jpg

WCW WILDSIDE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

THE HYW EXPRESS [Wright & Karagias]

rZ4t9eF.png?1

WCW WORLDWIDE & OTHER ACCOLADES

GsP4N1c.jpg

WCW PAN-PACIFIC INTERNATIONAL TROPHY

KAZ HAYASHI - 2001

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PROLOGUE

THE LAST STAGE OF GRIEF: ACCEPTANCE

THREE DAYS BEFORE THE FINAL EPISODE OF WCW MONDAY NITRO

Angus King knocked three times, hard and precise, each knocking a firm beat against the door. He was a tall, lithe man, who kept himself well dressed, as though at any moment he would have to run to a meeting. He looked business, through and through, from his gait, to the short adjustment of his tie prior to knocking on the door. Even the knock itself held an authority to it that would allow the occupant to know that that visitor came with a purpose in mind.

"Come in..."

Came the shout from behind the door, firm and strong, but tired, and strained. Angus swept into the room, his briefcase held firmly, and his assistant, Casper Fold, floated in behind him. His assistant was a pale faced man with the face of an apprentice, but the eyes of a man who had spent his youth working tirelessly for the man he tailed. He ghosted into the room behind King, and took the first seat he saw. King preferred it when he went unseen, and for the most part, unheard.

The room opened up to them, a small office space, with paperwork dashed about a wooden desk. At the desk sat the familiar face of Eric Bischoff, a man neither of them had yet had the pleasure to meet.

UsopKUN.png

"Ah! Mister... King, is it? Please, take a seat."

OYIGJj1.pngbbCF018.png

"Thank you. This is my assistant, Casper, I hope you don't mind him joining us. I like to keep minutes on all my meetings."

UsopKUN.png

"Of course. Of course. I appreciate you taking the time to come and see me, but I have to be blunt, I'm not sure what else there is to talk about at this point."

OYIGJj1.pngbbCF018.png

Angus smiles politely, and pulls a folder from his briefcase. He passes it to Bischoff, trying his best to avoid a pile of documents that he couldn't help but notice the WWF logo on.

"I think you should take the time to look over these, my client believes you will find the contents quite satisfactory."

THREE HOURS LATER

UsopKUN.png

Eric Bischoff leant back into his scuffed leather office chair, propping his feet up against the desk he had just cleared. The previous array of paperwork now stuffed into a cardboard box and tucked beneath his desk, the only paperwork that mattered were those stapled together in his hands. He squeezed the sheets between finger and thumb, testing their existence, ensuring they and the man who'd just left his office weren't a figment of his tired imagination.

This was it, he thought to himself, everything he had been fighting for over the last few weeks, everything he had hoped for that only days ago he believed could never occur. The offer from Fusient Media had been rejected multiple times, TNT and Time Warner seemed unwilling to come to an agreement. Bischoff didn't know too much about the man Angus King, or the sports media agency company that he ran called Paradigm, but he appeared to be the catalyst for the change that Bischoff had dreamt of. He squeezed at the coarse paper once again, almost pinching himself.

He swung his feet from the desk and stuffed everything back into the folder King had given him, he dropped it into his desk drawer. There was a lot to do, and a phone call that Bischoff had been putting off, now felt far more appealing. He had someone to disappoint, someone who had been far too smug about Bischoff's current position. The phone call could wait though, the first matter of business was Nitro. The contract was clear, WCW would be going off the air until May. The show had been put together, matches had been announced, he had to find a way to make it work, but keep the suspense.

He cracked his knuckles, and looked to the view from his window, despite everything that happened, and everything that now needed to be done, he could only think of one thought.

The war was back on.

<div style="padding: 6px; border: 2px solid #054977; margin:8px;background: #dcdcdc; max-width:80%; ";">

FHnCddU.png

xUgsBnW.pngIeleKiZ.png

TS: We are live from the Boardwalk Beach Resort in Panama City Beach, in what could be our final broadcast as a company.

SH: Yes, Tony, we have heard all the rumours, we've read all the dirt sheets and I think it is safe to say. None of us know what is going to happen tonight!

TS: We really don't. But what we do know is that we have an action packed night ahead of us, with Sting vs Ric Flair in our main event, but first, we have the World Heavyweight Championship & the United States Championship titles on the line in a winner take all match between--

Before Tony Schiavone can finish, he is interrupted by music blaring out through the PA system, and we all hear the words a lot of WCW fans dreaded.

"NO CHANC--"

But that is scratched out and mixed into another familiar theme.

"I'M BACK!"

UsopKUN.png

The theme song for Eric Bischoff plays him onto the stage, but is quickly cut off by Bischoff himself.

EB: We're back! We are back at Panama City Beach, but most importantly, more importantly than anything I've ever had to come out here and tell you about. We will be back. This isn't a reboot, this isn't going to be another situation where we strip the titles and restart to paper over the cracks. No... no... this is something new. But first... first, there is the bad news. And you know how much I love delivering that. This is the last episode of Monday Night Nitro... on TNT & TBS. That's right. After tonight, the company will no longer be owned by Time Warner. Now, some of you might not think that is terrible news, you might be overjoyed that WCW as you know won't be going away. But the truth is... it will. This company as you know it, will no longer exist. We have superstars, staff, caterers, cleaners, we have thousands of people attached to this company, and unfortunately, some of them will not be able to continue with us. So tonight is a celebration of WCW, the old school WCW, the WCW that gave Vince McMahon and RAW a run for their money, and I'm damn proud of what we achieved. So enjoy it, I hope you're as proud as I am of what we have achieved, and I hope you will all join us when we return in May, on FX, with the new WCW. Thank you all for the love you have shown us over the years!

Bischoff's music plays him back out.

xUgsBnW.pngIeleKiZ.png

TS: Candid words from Eric Bischoff right there.

SH: We're hearing this for the first time too, Tony.

TS: I still don't know what the future holds, but we have title matches galore ahead of us, and I'm not sure they'll wait for us to figure it out! We'll be right back with Booker T vs Scott Steiner, winner takes all!

SH: Don't go away, because we're not!

~~

WCW NITRO RECAP

BOOKER T © defeated SCOTT STEINER © to retain the WCW United States Championship and win the WCW World Heavyweight Championship.

THE FILTHY ANIMALS (Mysterio Jr & Kidman) defeated 3 COUNT (Moore & Karagias) & JUNG DRAGONS (Hayashi & Yang)

SHANE HELMS © defeated CHAVO GUERRERO JR to retain the WCW Cruiserweight Championship

NATURAL BORN THRILLERS © (Palumbo & O'Haire) defeated TEAM CANADA (Storm & Awesome) to retain the WCW World Tag Team Championships

SHAWN STASIAK defeated BAM BAM BIGELOW

FILTHY ANIMALS defeated ELIX SKIPPER & KID ROMEO to win the WCW Cruiserweight Tag Team Championships

STING defeated RIC FLAIR

~~

</div>

Hi guys! Long time lurker, first time diary attemptter. I know this is likely a period covered a lot, but I'm really leaning into the fantasy booking side of this diary, and will hopefully be delivering something that you might not have seen before. My graphical skills are a work in progress, and I'm rusty with the writing, so please bear with and I hope you enjoy what is to come. Feel free to offer feedback, predictions, correct me on any mistakes I got from that period, etc. I'll be aiming for multiple updates a week! Enjoy!

PROLOGUE

TWO WEEKS LATER

MOSCOW RULE #9: PICK THE TIME AND PLACE FOR ACTION

PXFhRwJ.png

Casper Fold positioned himself toward the far end of the meeting room table, placing his notes and WCW-branded coffee mug as silently as possible. This was his first time attending one of the creative meetings that Angus King had been organising over the last few weeks since Paradigm became involved in the purchase of WCW and rebranding of the company. King himself sat at the head of the table, he was the only Paradigm representative here, aside from Casper himself, though he still wasn’t sure who employed him. He had heard of other members of the Paradigm inner circle, but had yet to meet any of them. The rest of the table was busy with WCW writers, scouts, researchers and marketers.

Him and King had debriefed before the meeting, it was a tactic that King felt strongly about; preparation, rigorous note taking, cues for his involvement. Casper often felt Angus used him as a prop at times, his youthfulness and naivety disarming in the face of King’s stoic, assuredness. In this instance, there was no denying his purpose. Bischoff wasn’t at the meeting, and Casper was led to believe he wouldn’t be attending, so the seniority fell to Gus Stanton, one of the few lead writers and creative leads remaining from the Turner regime.

OYIGJj1.png

“Thank you once again for getting in on short notice, I know we have been running a lot of these meetings lately, but I can assure you it is part of the process. We only have a limited window to get everything in place for the debut Nitro on FX and, of course, the Big Bang PPV that Eric has been discussing with the media.

I have a few key things to discuss here, but first is there anything you guys would like to bring to the table, Gus?”

uioQ58H.png

“We have been heavily focused on a shortlist of guys we will look to bring in, if you want to hear those? Hopefully you have some news on the whole negotiation on contracts for the current roster.”

OYIGJj1.png

“That’s taken care of.”

uioQ58H.png

“Just like that? So we have all of them?”

OYIGJj1.png

“It came at a cost, but we have retained most of the roster, Duggan, Finlay and a few others decided to pursue other opportunities.”

uioQ58H.png

“Well… I mean that’s great news! I thought for sure Sting and Goldberg would at least be on the shelf until their contracts expired…”

OYIGJj1.png

“Tell me about this shortlist.”

uioQ58H.png

“I, er, yes. Of course. So we know ECW is attempting to get back into business as well, which is making the market competitive but there is plenty of talent available. Road Dogg & Viscera were let go from WWF not too long ago, I think we could easily bring them on board. We have some ideas on how to integrate them quickly. There are vets like Jake the Snake, Hennig, Davey Boy, but a few of them aren’t going to be quick to forget how they were previously treated.”

Casper recalled something he and King had discussed and swallowed his anxiety.

PXFhRwJ.png

“What about cruiserweights?”

uioQ58H.png

“I’m sorry?”

Stanton turned to Casper, as though seeing him for the first time.

PXFhRwJ.png

“Do you, erm, have any cruiserweights on the list?”

uioQ58H.png

“We have looked at a few, but if we’re cutting costs and cutting the roster, I think that is where we start. The cruiserweight tag titles were a last ditch attempt at regaining interest in the--”

OYIGJj1.png

“We won’t be cutting anyone. Gus, let me ask you. What do you think made WCW the competitor it became? I don’t care about what went wrong toward the end, tell me what went right.”

uioQ58H.png

“It’s hard to say, but the NWO was huge, obviously the Hogan turn changed the business. Eric played his part, so I guess it’s good he will be booking things again.”

OYIGJj1.png

“That’s not entirely accurate.”

uioQ58H.png

“I thought part of the deal with Fusient was giving him the position.”

OYIGJj1.png

“That was the deal with Fusient. Let me tell you where I think WCW got it right. You said it yourself they were game changers. Turning Hulk was huge, but anyone could have done that. Making fans invest in foreign talent, the great wrestling, and storytelling. This is the foundation I want to rebuild WCW upon. We need to change the game..

We have big plans, Gus, and we have invested heavily in acquiring the tools necessary to achieve them. Everyone at this table wants WCW to succeed, and well we have the formula for that success. It is for that reason, Paradigm will have creative control over the booking and recruitment process going forward.”

uioQ58H.png

“I’d hate to be the guy to break that news to Bischoff.”

Casper perked his head up once again, it wasn’t for a lack of attention being paid, but Casper had been dreading this moment for the last few hours.

PXFhRwJ.png

“I believe that role will be mine, unfortunately. It is also, with great regret that I have to inform you Mr Stanton, and everyone else in attendance, that with this decision in place, there will no longer be a need for your ser--”

uioQ58H.png

“You’re firing us?! After countless, endless meetings, going over figures, going over medical records, all the work we have put in!”

OYIGJj1.png

“As I said, Gus. I am here to focus on what made WCW a success. As hard as you worked, and your efforts were very much appreciated, the Paradigm organisation is already well staffed and capable of taking over from this point on. We have agreed to a healthy severance settlement and wish you luck in the future.”

Casper at this point begins to hand out slim folders to everyone seated. Gus stared at the folder in his hand in disbelief, briefly skimming through the contents.

uioQ58H.png

“A letter of recommendation?! A goddamn list of contacts for recruitment. I put everything into this company…”

OYIGJj1.png

“And yet, you failed. I apologise for the manner in delivering this news, but as I said earlier, we have a very tight window, and we have big plans. If you have any further questions, my assistant Casper will be more than happy to oblige.”

Casper felt his left eye twitch as all other eyes fell on him, he could feel the anger, the resentment, the pain, he felt some himself. He tucked the emotions back down deep and regained his composure. It was only a matter of time until he fully gained King’s trust, and until then, he would do every bit of dirty work he was handed.

~~~~

A FEW DAYS LATER

THE HALF WINDSOR KNOT

pq5oDXj.png

Whoever created goddamn polyester suits deserves a beating, the thought ran through Mike Enos’s mind as he adjusted the collar and sank uncomfortably into his seat. The leather recliner was comfortable, and comfort was something he wasn’t used to. It didn’t suit the constant ache and pain that wracked his body. He sighed heavily, now he had retired, the suffering left him wondering if it was all worthwhile. A life best lived, the only life he could have lived. His questions were a constant echo, keeping him up at night, tossing and turning and cursing some of the bad luck he’d had, or that one opponent who was careless. It was part of the reason he had applied for the position he was currently waiting to interview for, if he could be in a position where he could influence things more, where he could protect people. Maybe that would be a better life, making the pain worthwhile.

After a short while, in which Enos had muttered curses under his breath, and loosened his tie more than once, the receptionist asked him to follow her through a set of doors. They entered a large room, with an oval desk dominating the centre of it. Around the table were six empty chairs, and two that were occupied. One of them stood to greet him, tall and dressed in a much more expensive suit was Angus King, the man he was aiming to impress, despite how foolish he felt in his suit and tie before him. The second man though made Enos do a double take, he missed him the first time, with King being his main focus, but now he’d seen who sat in the chair, he could feel the confusion etching itself into his face. King smiled at him, and the other man stood to greet him too. He looked different, outside of the ring, but nonetheless, Bret Hart had an undeniable aura about him.

The iconic Canadian wrestler shook his hand.

ZUDQrQK.png

“Welcome to Paradigm.”

Can't wait to see how this turns out.

Me too! Thanks for the support.

Good opening post, I'm in! Following along!

Thank you. Hope I don't disappoint.

I'll follow along to see how this diary goes (and incidentally, Angus King was an early ring name used by the man we now know as Kane).

Thanks. Also, I did not know that, and will now have to find a way to work it in!

WCW 2001 is my favorite "what if" scenario in all of wrestling, so I'll definitely be following along.

I had a few ideas in mind for a diary, leaning more toward the CVERSE, but this period and the potential for it just kept dragging me back in.

I'll be following can't wait!!!

I tried to enjoy Christmas this year, but really I was just eager to get this started! Glad you're following.

PROLOGUE

THE DEBUT IS UPON US

THE DOCTRINAL FORMULAS OF ANGUS KING

UsopKUN.png

Eric often looked back on his first meeting with Angus King, from the jaded indifference he had to another suited vulture circling the carcass of HIS company, to the elation at discovering it was all far from over. The weeks following had seen that elation fade at an alarming speed. The terms with Fusient were different, his role, as had been explained to him multiple times, via multiple representatives of the mysterious Paradigm organisation, was different. Lessened, from his perspective, he had seeked the kind of control he was given early on with WCW, where he had the influence, the backing, and none of the fractured relationships. Deep down he understood why they made their decision, if he had been on the other foot, he probably would have done the same thing. The thought didn’t sit well with him, but he had no choice but to accept his current position, his goals were still feasible, his dream for what WCW could become was still attainable. He just wouldn’t be able to take any credit for it.

The latest meeting with King was the first in a long time to fill him with excitement over the upcoming debut of Nitro on FX. They had discussed talent, and the creative direction they were spearheading early on. Eric felt they were good decisions, for the most part. He looked over the list provided at the end of the meeting, a stripped down bullet point list of their aims, the lamp on his desk cast them in a shadowy glare. He would try to sleep again soon, the last two attempts had brought him back to the list, to Angus King, his saviour, his enemy.

THE LIST

• Every roster member will have a storyline, long term or short term.
  • Wrestlers will have to accept stories will be told naturally, i.e. episodic episodes where focus may be on other talent from one week to the other.
  • Storylines will end at a natural point, with the pay off occurring on PPV’s & Nitro episodes.
  • Repetitive matchups and overused match types will be avoided.
  • Green wrestlers will be given opportunities to shine early, working with vets and being exposed to live TV & events.
  • All ties to the WCW PowerPlant will be cut and the school no longer funded by the company.
  • Relations with foreign organisations will be further established, with potential crossover events and talent trades a possibility.
  • Plans are in place for a secondary TV show with a distinctly different format to Nitro, this will debut once agreements with networks have been reached and creative direction has been decided.
  • You will be the on screen owner of the company, and will establish a team to run the on screen affairs, with the tag team and cruiserweight sub-divisions.
  • Outside of disciplinary issues, no current roster members will be written out of the show or cut from the roster.
  • The Television title will be re-introduced with a tournament after the Slamboree PPV.
  • The PPV schedule will look to follow the previous schedule in our first year, to allow the fans an adjustment period.
  • There are no current plans for an active women's division, however, female talent will continue to be showcased in storylines, including current talent.
  • The hardcore division is also currently not in our plans.
  • Overly large stables or groups will look to be avoided in the first year to avoid any connection towards the NWO factions and their previous reliance on this from a storyline perspective.
  • No fingerpokes of doom.
  • No creative control will be issued in talent contracts.

The last few points had felt an unnecessary dig at him, but it was not those that kept him awake. For the most part, it was the idea that so much of what would happen would be out of his control. He was promised he would be involved in the process to a certain degree, but it was obvious he was being kept at arms length on purpose. Outside of these worries, he was looking forward to being back on TV. He knew he wasn’t great, but he enjoyed being the villain and being involved with the talent out there in the ring. It gave him the upper hand over Paradigm too, to be working with the talent hand to hand, doing the live shows, feeling the crowd's energy, what they react to, what they don’t. Paradigm, and King would need him, they would need to tap into that, or they’d risk being out of touch with the fanbase, and Bischoff already knew what waited down that path. He had every intention of making it a success, this was his last stand. If he failed here, he was done. He’d be damned if that fate was left out his hands.

He had to find a way into Paradigm, or make himself undeniable to them. There would be a crack somewhere. He just had to find it. First though, they needed to get WCW back where it deserved to be. He swallowed at the thought, swallowing his pride and his ambitions, he would be the obedient, authority figure they wanted. For now. He leant back into his chair and attempted to close his eyes. The thought that King and his associates had underestimated him he found to be far more calmer than the counting of sheep.

~~~~

LESS THAN 24 HOURS TO GO

THE EYE OF THE STORM

OYIGJj1.png

Angus King stood in the centre of the ring, they had run a shadow event a few hours ago with a select few wrestlers, allowing some of them to run over match notes, others to get used to the arena, the agents and staff that they would be interacting with when we go live. The FX executives had wanted to attend too, and they hadn’t been disappointed. The talent was incredible, so much star power, so much potential. Angus could scarcely believe they failed, but he knew it was never the talent that was at fault. One of the men at fault had been there as long as he had, his work ethic had to be admired, but King couldn’t ignore his past failings. Still, he was just as much a part of it as the rest of the employed staff and as long as he contributed to the new found success he was hoping for, that was all that mattered to him.

King admired the arena, it wasn’t huge, but he could picture the crowd packed in, and he could not wait to experience the atmosphere backstage when the show kicked off. It was part of the reason he jumped at the opportunity to work with Paradigm, to relive those moments with his father as a child, they were fond memories, memories he had too few of. If he could recapture that magic, wrestling had the potential to make a great many people happy, done right, it was lightning in a bottle, and happiness sells well.

A cough, ringside, interrupted his thoughts, his assistant Casper was approaching soft footed. King had found him indispensable these last few months, but he still felt uneasy when he snuck up on him the way he did. Couldn’t shake the feeling he was never far from him, never not watching him. Sometimes, he just wished the kid would blink when he spoke.

PXFhRwJ.png

“Sorry to interrupt…”

OYIGJj1.png

“Don’t be sorry, just make sure it matters.”

PXFhRwJ.png

“Well, I have arranged everything with the marketing teams and the advertising department, but both have asked about the Big Bang PPV and future events. The advertising department in particular were not too happy at having no real direction with who were our primary stars heading into this event.”

OYIGJj1.png

“They’ll live. We pay them a lot of money, and it will become clear as the show is aired, and the fans react, as to who our primary stars are. Air Paris might be the next big thing for all we know, and I’ll be damned if I don’t listen to the people who support this whole thing.”

PXFhRwJ.png

“Speaking of Air Paris, he had some interesting ideas he shared with me earlier. H kept asking for a meeting with you to rebrand himself.”

OYIGJj1.png

“Get him a meeting, I’ll hear him out. It’s a good idea though, you being the intermediate. Get to know them all, if you can. Let them know we’re listening to them, and if they need anything they can come to you, to come to us. They seem to like you, so we will use that. Have you ever thought about wrestling?”

PXFhRwJ.png

“I’m afraid I don’t have much of a pain threshold.”

OYIGJj1.png

“That’s a shame. Something tells me you could be someone the fans would route for. Have you heard back from our royal acquaintance?”

PXFhRwJ.png

“He is still thinking about the offer, told us he will be watching the show, and he will let us know within 24 hours, either way.”

OYIGJj1.png

“Good. Good. You know, as plans come, this one has almost gone without issue. I still wish we could have got a few more guys that we wanted, but Bischoff burned too many bridges we are now having to repair.”

PXFhRwJ.png

“There are still a few that are close to collapsing.”

OYIGJj1.png

“I’m aware. I’ll prop them up myself if I have to. Until then, we just have to prove to them we know what we are doing, and that we have the best intentions of everyone involved. Success is at the heart of all of us, that’s the goal, that’s the desire. Some of them will want to feel wanted, and the others, once they see the path we’re on, they will be clamouring to climb aboard. I’m sure of it.”

PXFhRwJ.png

“I wish I could have your confidence, sir.”

OYIGJj1.png

“You doubt us succeeding?”

PXFhRwJ.png

“No. It’s just. Not many media outlets are confident in this project. Meltzer and the other dirt sheet journalists all feel the company should have been allowed to die. That there is a room for an alternative, but the name, the stigma, the association with losing the Monday Night Wars. Failure is the most likely possibility, and yet you stand there without an ounce of insincerity in your belief that this will be an undoubted success. It is something to be admired, sir.”

OYIGJj1.png

“Well, I, er, thank you. The truth is, I don’t fail. We will prove them all wrong. You will share my confidence soon, they all will. Because what they don’t yet realise. Yes, we’re bringing WCW back from the brink, but it is the industry itself that we are saving..."

"It’s going to be a paradigm shift.”

WCW Presents, for the first time, from the Gold Coast Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas...

MfBG7Gf.png

Card is subject to change.

Shane Helms © vs Chavo Guerrero Jr for the WCW Cruiserweight Championship

Kanyon vs. Lash LeRoux

Jung Dragons vs. Elix Skipper & Kid Romeo

PLUS, we will hear from Eric Bischoff! Our regining World Champion Booker T will be there, as will the Magnificent Seven, Sting, and Goldberg!

Tune in on March 5th to Monday Night Nitro, ONLY on FX!

<div style="padding: 6px; border: 2px solid #054977; margin:8px;background: #dcdcdc; max-width:80%; ";">

Live from Gold Coast Hotal & Casino in Las Vegas.

FX presents…

MfBG7Gf.png

IeleKiZ.pnggsgIRHX.pngxUgsBnW.png

The announce team of Mike Tenay, Tony Schiavone and Scott Hudson welcome everyone to the show and hype the company's debut on FX. They outline the scheduled match ups, including the cruiserweight championship match between long time rivals, Shane Helms and Chavo Guerrero Jr, stating that the score will be settled tonight, once and for all. They hype up the company's big debut PPV in six days time, BIG BANG.They also inform us of Eric Bischoff’s announcement for the show ahead before they are interrupted by Booker T’s theme music.

~~

6JNOtIW.png

The reigning World Heavyweight Champion and US Heavyweight Champion, Booker T, kicks off the show to a rapturous ovation. He hypes up the crowd and tells them about his excitement at being back with WCW and back out in front of these fans. He discusses the offers from other companies that were put forward. How a lot of people were interested in the double champ, how much some of them were willing to pay for some Harlem heat. But Booker only had one place in his heart, he was WCW through and through, he had been here almost his entire career, and he never planned on leaving. He spoke about his pride in being the most dominant champion in the company's modern era, confidently proclaiming there isn’t a man in the locker room who could rival him.

MhmeI68.pngwCgdUtn.pngT0e47QU.png

This prompted the arrival of Ric Flair, who was backed up by a few of the Magnificent Seven members on the stage. He was quick to give Booker a history lesson on how decorated a champion he is and how his house held so much gold it would make James W. Marshall blush. The two traded insults, Booker referring to his age and his lack of hearing, Flair arrogantly listing off all the greats he had defeated over the years. Booker T closed off the back and forth by pointing out how little gold the Magnificent Seven currently held, and if Flair had lost touch with what made him great several decades ago. Flair issued the challenge for tonight, but Booker told him he wasn’t the man to ask, and that his name no longer had the value it once had. Telling him, you might have headlined Madison Square Garden, but now, you’re jerking curtains with Buff Bagwell, and you have to earn a title shot, just like everyone else.

[77]

HO2Iyaw.pngDhLMdsQ.pngZEWFH4r.png

Flair distracted Booker with a furious tirade, allowing Buff Bagwell, Scott Steiner and Jeff Jarrett to ambush him in the ring. Flair, Animal and Rick Steiner rush to the ring to add to the numbers, Flair almost frothing at the mouth from the insults Booker had thrown at him. Before they could really do any damage though…

ymcdx6f.pngWcxbgnD.pngt8ZDIl1.png

The team of Kevin Nash & DDP, aka The Insiders, and joined by Goldberg who all sprint out from the back despite the uneven numbers, their momentum crashes through the opposition and they form a protective huddle around a beaten Booker T. Flair grins as Scott Steiner mouths off at the four men in the ring.

[69]

~~

WCW CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

SINGLES MATCH

ujVb8ZA.pngGP6SF7g.png

SHANE HELMS © vs. CHAVO GUERRERO JR

Helms and Chavo had been common foes toward the end of WCW’s run on TNT, with the title switching between the two of them, until Helms finally managed to retain. Chavo became increasingly aggressive in his pursuit of the victory in this match up, determined to begin his stint in the ‘new’ WCW with a defining victory over a man he’d grown to hate. Helms, however, proved Chavo’s equal throughout, fighting through adversity to hit several impact manoeuvres that almost saw him retain his belt. Chavo soon turned to underhanded tactics in his desperation though, which was becoming increasingly clear, an unseen low blow with his heel allowed him to hit Helms with a devastating Gory Bomb, but somehow Helms got his foot under the bottom rope. Helms fought his way back again until the action spilled outside, after a devious distraction from Chavo, he attempted to throw a chair into the hands of Helms and play possum. Charles Robinson saw through the ruse, and in the aftermath of Chavo’s heated debate with him, the former champ walked straight into a VERTEBREAKER from Helms for the 123!

Match Result: Shane Helms wins via pinfall to retain the WCW Cruiserweight Championship.

[60]

~~

MhmeI68.pngDhLMdsQ.png5adobzj.pngT0e47QU.pngwCgdUtn.pngZEWFH4r.pngHO2Iyaw.png2z4k0l0.png

We join the Magnificent Seven in their locker room, Flair having just walked through the door, as the rest of them spread out amongst the piles of clothes, trays of food and cans of drink. Flair was looking furious after the earlier altercation with Booker T, but he smiled as he entered the room, gesturing for them to gather round him. He began his pep talk by telling them despite how bitter a pill it was to swallow given it came from Booker T, he wasn’t wrong about the lack of titles they held. He told them his name demanded more than what this group was currently providing, and to prevent further embarrassment, the group had to start living up to their name.

He informed them of a meeting he had just had with Eric Bischoff, where he had convinced Bischoff to involve every member in a title match at BIG BANG.

The caveat being, they had to earn it.

Tonight.

[84]

~~

TAG TEAM MATCH

5uxXNma.pngKlANq3X.pngSx8eKe3.pngwfohH6Z.png

ELIX SKIPPER & KID ROMEO VS. JUNG DRAGONS

The former cruiserweight tag team champions began this match with a point to prove, they had dropped the titles on the last Nitro of the TNT era, and they were eager to get them back. In their way was a team who had mixed success in the cruiserweight division so far, but the fans were firmly behind them in this match. After the initial bullying tactics of Skipper and Romeo, Kaz got the hot tag and cleared the ring to kick start a chain of high impact, fast paced moves. Yang’s recklessness and Kaz’s technical precision proved to be a combination that the former champions could not handle, and after several big moves between the pair, it was Hayashi who got the pinfall victory with the HAYASHI CUTTER. Hayashi took the microphone after the match to call out The Filthy Animals in a respectful manner.

Match Result: Jung Dragons win via pinfall.

[44]

~~

UsopKUN.png

After the cruiserweights tag match has finished, the theme music for Eric Bischoff hits and the CEO of WCW proudly makes his way out to the ring, a folder in hand and a swagger to his steps. He climbs into the ring, his face beaming with excitement.

He firstly thanked all those in attendance for believing, and sticking with the WCW, and promised of big things to come. He informed them he had a few things to address, but first was the matter of the PPV that was to come in several days' time. The schedule for the next two weeks was going to be hectic, because not only were we getting the BIG BANG PPV this Sunday night, next Sunday, we were getting SLAMBOREE live on FX. Two weeks of action packed wrestling, full of title shots and twists.

He confirmed that all titles will be defended on the Big Bang PPV, and also confirmed that he had given the Magnificent Seven members a shot to involve themselves in those title matches. Which is why he had arranged for each of them to be given a match, tonight, with an opponent of his choosing. The winner would go on to compete for either the Natural Born Thrillers World Tag Team Championships, or Booker T’s World Heavyweight Championship.

He also announced that the Cruiserweight Championship would be defended by Helms against both of his former 3 Count stable mates, in a triple threat match.

Bischoff lastly announced that being given the role of CEO was something that filled him with pride, but also left him with a lot to do, and so he had begun the process of hiring himself a commissioner for Monday Night Nitro. He had fielded several applications, and the shortlist had come down to four men, four men who had done the role before, and four men who would have to battle it out at Slamboree to earn the role. He promised more information was to come on this, but for now, he’d like to introduce those candidates.

2oKP7Dn.pngoSiHytD.pngONHmeYm.pngge8wkES.png

[48]

~~

HO2Iyaw.png2z4k0l0.png

The team of Totally Buff entered the ring to deafening boos, with Bagwell eating up the crowd reaction and both posed whilst the announce team explained that each opponent for the Magnificent Seven would not be revealed until they had entered the ring. And the opponents for Totally Buff were…

qR0nnek.pngEtfcFfI.png

~~

TAG TEAM CONTENDER MATCH

HO2Iyaw.png2z4k0l0.pngqR0nnek.pngEtfcFfI.png

TOTALLY BUFF VS KRONIK

The overconfidence of Bagwell almost proved to be his team's downfall, as his arrogant displays earned the ire of his two brutish opponents, who isolated him from Luger and wore him down. Bagwell, however, proved resilient, and managed to eventually get the tag and himself a respite after pleading with Clark for a break. With Luger in, the match became more even and and with Clark tiring, Bagwell came back to focus him down, throwing the odd cheap shot to Adams whenever he could. Bagwell once again reverted to showboating, screaming Buff Daddy when Nick Patrick called for a break, or reminded him of the rules he kept breaking. Because of this, Clark managed to catch his breath long enough to fight his way back into the match and get the hot tag to Adams. His momentum saw him put both men down several times, but he couldn’t get the pinfall after Bagwell, the legal man, rolled out of the ring. Bagwell gained his composure whilst Luger defended himself against both members of KroniK, before sneaking in with a surprise roll up. It didn’t get them the winner, but it allowed Luger to eliminate Clark, isolate Adams, and Bagwell to hit his BUFF BLOCKBUSTER for the win.

Match Result: Totally Buff win via pinfall and earn a place in the WCW Tag Team Championship match at BIG BANG.

[50]

~~

T0e47QU.pngwCgdUtn.png

Steiner and Animal pass the still celebrating Bagwell and Luger on the way to the ring, seeing their compatriots succeed filled them with confidence and both men stood stoically in the ring, an intimidating pair for whoever opposed them. The commentators hyped up their opposition and revealed them to be…

WcxbgnD.pngymcdx6f.png

~~

TAG TEAM CONTENDER MATCH

T0e47QU.pngwCgdUtn.png VS WcxbgnD.pngymcdx6f.png

RICK STEINER & ROAD WARRIOR ANIMAL VS THE INSIDERS

Steiner and Animal took immediate control in this match up, despite not being a team that paired together on a regular basis. The brute force of the pair proved enough early on to isolate Nash, and the two men showed some cunning in focusing on the knees of their gigantic opponent. Nash’s well publicised issues with his knees an obvious target for two men who were mentored by Ric Flair. Nash proved too strong though, and despite the attempts to aggravate his previous injuries, he fought them back each time. He got the hot tag to DDP, who had a pace neither Steiner or Animal could handle. With the opposition looking winded, The Insiders hit some of their signature moves to finish them off. The two veterans proved resilient, but when DDP hit a rampaging Animal with a Diamond Cutter, the JACKNIFE POWERBOMB that followed was as inevitable as the three count.

Match Result: The Insiders win via pinfall to earn a place in the WCW Tag Team Championship match at BIG BANG.

[58]

~~

3COli5D.pngbzu0KYJ.png

Backstage we are witness to the current World tag team champions, watching the match via a small screen in a hallway. They both watch on intensely as The Insiders celebrate their victory and their impending title shot in several days time. Palumbo gives a nod to O’Haire, but both mens attention is drawn to a third man who has approached from the side.

U4DJ6qI.png

Shane Douglas tells them he knows they probably already know who he is, but they might not know what it is he excels at, and that is finding talent like them two and turning them into superstars. Palumbo is quick to point out they are already champions, but Douglas anticipated the retort, judging their lack of billing on the debut Nitro as them being undervalued by Bischoff. Luckily he had the solution for them, if they were willing to hire his services, they could be the next big franchise in the wrestling industry. Palumbo continues to be doubtful, but O’Haire argues with him about how Douglas makes a good point, and that Bischoff had yet to even introduce himself. The two bicker, but Douglas interjects with an offer, he promises them he will help them keep the belts and raise their profile, and if he fails, there is no charge. O’Haire looks to contemplate the offer, whereas Palumbo looks to contemplate knocking Douglas on his ass. To put some credibility to his offer Douglas states he will be receiving a shot at the US Title at BIG BANG.

[62]

~~

SINGLES MATCH

ha0pvkf.pngfgfEnhZ.png

KANYON VS LASH LEROUX

This match was well on it’s way to being a squash match until Vampiro appeared on the stage, his eerie appearance giving LeRoux the opportunity to actually get some offence in against Kanyon. After looking shocked at how well he was doing, LeRoux’s momentum was cut short with a FINAL CUT and the pinfall loss.

Match Result: Kanyon wins via pinfall.

[49]

~~

T4vTG83.pngha0pvkf.png

After the victory, Vampiro stalks toward the ring, Kanyon still fairly fresh though sporting a few more bruises than he had anticipated, stood his ground in the ring. Vampiro circled the ring several times, his eyes locked on Kanyon, but seemingly making no attempt to attack him or provoke him. After several minutes of anticipation, Vampiro disappeared into the crowd leaving a confused and frustrated Kanyon in the ring beckoning him back for a fight.

[56]

~~

c4jjApA.pngn164QAo.pngV5Th8J5.pngNfNaLnk.pngDtBxX9T.png

Backstage the filthy animals are huddled around the resident backstage interviewer, Jeremy Borash. Borash informs them that their titles will be defended in several days at BIG BANG, and with Kaz Hayashi’s challenge earlier in the show, will they be accepting the challenge. Konnan takes to the microphone and bigs up his team mates, referring to them as iconic cruiserweights who were the cornerstone of the division. He said there wasn’t a team out there that they haven’t beaten, but Jung Dragons have always proven to be a challenge, so they will get their shot at BIG BANG.

The challenge was accepted. Borash sends us back to the announce team.

[66]

~~

ZEWFH4r.png

Scott Hudson hails the arrival of another member of the magnificent seven, as Jeff Jarrett enters to his theme music and a chorus of jeers. He saunters to the ring with an acoustic guitar slung over this shoulder, jawing off at the crowd with a smirk in place. As he confidently enters the ring he beckons on his surprise opponent for the match…

t8ZDIl1.png

The crowd erupt as Goldberg’s theme music hits and he begins his walk to the ring, huffing and puffing his way through the backstage area whilst Jarrett looks to be contemplating his life choices in the ring.

~~

SINGLES CONTENDER MATCH

ZEWFH4r.pngt8ZDIl1.png

JEFF JARRETT VS GOLDBERG

The match was surprisingly the least competitive match on the card, considering Lash LeRoux had a match. Goldberg tore through a bewildered Jarrett, who just never managed to get a moment to recover. Two spears and a JACKHAMMER put the former World Champion away in dominant fashion.

Match Result: Goldberg wins via pinfall to earn a shot at the World Heavyweight Championship at BIG BANG.

[57]

~~

IeleKiZ.pngt8ZDIl1.png

After the bell has rung, and Goldberg celebrates his dominance, Tony Schiavone enters the ring to ask him for comments on the World Heavyweight Championship match at BIG BANG. However, Goldberg takes the microphone and declares that unlike the Magnificent Seven, he prefers to fight his opponents one on one. So he will step aside for the winner of Steiner and whoever his opponent is in the main event, but he will be coming for the title once the dust has settled.

[74]

~~

Before we get to the main event, the announcers recap the show's events, announcing the matches currently made for the BIG BANG and also announcing that Vampiro and Kanyon will face off at the PPV. They hype the main event, prompting the arrival of Scott Steiner.

DhLMdsQ.pngvHwFziG.png

Steiner makes a grand entrance, slowly entering the stage and posing several times with Midajah at his side. He took his time getting to the ring, making sure every fan he passed by knew just who he was, and how big his biceps were. They climbed into the ring, and he beckoned on his opponent, not caring who it was. The lights dimmed…

Bae08kr.png

And the icon, Sting, made his entrance. The crowd lifted the roof at the appearance of the enigmatic anti-hero. Steiner grew in his arrogance, screaming at Sting to come get some.

~~

MAIN EVENT

SINGLES CONTENDER MATCH

Bae08kr.pngDhLMdsQ.pngvHwFziG.png

STING VS SCOTT STEINER w/ MIDAJAH

The match got off to a slow start, with Steiner out powering Sting early on, but each attempt to showboat resulted in Sting levelling Steiner. Taking the fight more seriously after a few minutes, Sting begins to tire under the pressure of Steiner, who is looking to slow him down with holds and the occasional high impact manoeuvre. Sting rallies halfway through, managing to get Steiner off balance and unleash a series of fast paced moves that stagger the big man. Several stinger splashes in the corner look to be leading Steiner toward a loss, but Midajah makes her presence known and grabs at Sting's ankle when he attempts another splash. The distraction allowed Steiner to get a cheap shot in and regain control. However, he could not get the Steiner Recliner locked in, and after another rally from Sting, the Scorpion Death Drop, led to Sting locking in the SCORPION DEATHLOCK, and gaining a submission victory and with it a shot at the heavyweight championship.

Match Result: Sting wins via submission to earn a shot at the World Heavyweight Championship at BIG BANG.

[76]

~~

MhmeI68.pngT0e47QU.pngDhLMdsQ.pngwCgdUtn.pngZEWFH4r.pngHO2Iyaw.png2z4k0l0.png

Immediately following the conclusion of the match, the rest of the Magnificent Seven storm the ring, Flair barking orders at them. They fall on Sting, who fights back valiantly but is ultimately overwhelmed. Flair orders them to get a table set up, but once they do, both Bagwell and Luger turn on Animal and slam him through the table. They instantly turn on Rick Steiner, with Flair screaming at Scott to join the attack on his brother. Steiner hesitates but ultimately joins the beating, assisting Luger in locking him in a torture rack. Whilst the fighting continues, Jarrett makes a quick retreat from the ring and into the crowd. Animal and Rick Steiner are tossed from the ring, leaving Flair, Bagwell, Luger and Scott Steiner standing tall and Ric Flair shouting, with an assured grin in place.

MhmeI68.png

“Four was always my kind of number!”

[88]

~~

SHOW RATING: [76]

ATTENDANCE: 1,441

LONGEST MATCH OF THE NIGHT: Helms vs Guerrero Jr

HIGHEST RATED MATCH OF THE NIGHT: Sting vs Steiner

NITRO RECAP:

SHANE HELMS defeated CHAVO GUERRERO JR to retain the WCW Cruiserweight Championship

JUNG DRAGONS defeated ELIX SKIPPER & KID ROMEO

TOTALLY BUFF defeated KRONIK

THE INSIDERS defeated RICK STEINER & ANIMAL

KANYON defeated LASH LEROUX

GOLDBERG defeated JEFF JARRETT

STING defeated SCOTT STEINER

</div>

Thank you everyone who posted up predictions, hope you enjoyed the debut show and what else is to come! Scores for the predictions:

falling_star 2/3

Old_School_Fan 2/3

DHK1989 2/3

KyTeran 3/3

DGenerationMC 3/3

CactusHack 1/3

Helginho 2/3

I'll collate predictions over a normal PPV cycle and have rewards setup for involvement, however for this first cycle, I will collate up to Slamboree. Thanks again!

WCW presents...

hC4f4lI.png

WCW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

Booker T © vs. Sting

WCW WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

Natural Born Thrillers © vs. The Insiders vs. Totally Buff

Kanyon vs. Vampiro

WCW CRUISERWEIGHT TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

The Filthy Animals © vs. Jung Dragons

WCW CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

Shane Helms © vs. Shannon Moore vs. Evan Karagias

WCW UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

Booker T © vs. Shane Douglas

PLUS... The Rhodes family make their return, and a new signing will be announced!

BOOKER T vs STING

NATURAL BORN THRILLERS vs THE INSIDERS vs TOTALLY BUFF

KANYON vs VAMPIRO

THE FILTHY ANIMALS vs JUNG DRAGONS

SHANE HELMS vs SHANNON MOORE vs EVAN KARAGIAS

BOOKER T vs SHANE DOUGLAS

BONUS QUESTION

WHO WILL BE THE NEW SIGNING?

WCW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

Booker T © vs. Sting

WCW WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

Natural Born Thrillers © vs. The Insiders vs. Totally Buff