NLW: Taking It To Another Level (C-Verse)

[center][IMG]http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j22/spacemountain86/NLWbanner.jpg[/IMG][/center] [B]Ever since I was a kid all I wanted to do was be in the professional wrestling business. But I didn't want to lace the boots up, nah... I always wanted to be the next Richard Eisen, I wanted to be the BOSS. To make all the calls, the rake all of the money in, and to soak in every single bit of that spotlight.[/B] [B]Now, needless to say, it wasn't easy to get to where I am today. I started out back in December of 2005 when I finally got up the nerve to chase that dream. I put a mortgage on mine and my family's home to get the start-up cash. Hahaha... she sure didn't like the idea at first, but she sure has come to respect that risk I took today. But even I have to say I had my own doubts at first. With no experience in the business, barely any start-up money, and no fanbase WHAT-SO-EVER... things weren't great for Next Level Wrestling in it's infancy. But it was a great ride to the top. Read on, and I'll tell you every bone crushing, back stabbing, heart wrenching detail...[/B] [center][COLOR="Red"]START-UP SPECIFICS[/COLOR] [IMG]http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j22/spacemountain86/NextLevel.jpg[/IMG] Name: Next Level Wrestling (NLW) Bank: $30,000 Popularity: 0's across the board Homebase: Southeast (US)[/center]

[COLOR="Red"][B]CREDIT: 411WRESTLING.COM[/B][/COLOR] 12/1/05 - 1:15 pm Word out of the rumor mill has it that a brand new promotion is set to be opening it's doors in the coming weeks, based out of the state of Alabama and touring the entire Southeastern United States. The suspected name for the promotion is Next Level Wrestling, and virtually unknown owner Jon Alexander promises that the promotion will indeed "take us to the next level" with a hard hitting, cutting edge style of wrestling like we have never seen before. While there are plenty of skeptics, for sure, Alexander has already been in contact with talented indy stars like Frankie Perez and American Elemental. Even still, this member of the IWC predicts this will be about as successful as the Backstreet Boys reunion.

OOC: Thanks Neo, I really appreciate that. Means alot, I just hope I can live up to expectations. LoL. [B]Even though the business was basically laughing their asses off at the thought of me, a nobody at the time, trying to start this thing up and giving me no chance, I kept grinding. There was a solid week that I tuned out the rest of my life and put full focus on assembling a staff for my new fledgling business. I did pretty well, if I must say so myself. Landed in my mind one of the best referees if not THE best referee on the independent circuit, a solid announcer, and two of the brightest young athletes in the sport at the time to head up the card as my two main stars. Well, enough talking about it, let me actually show you what things looked like from the beginning... [/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Face[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Heel[/COLOR] [B][U]MAIN EVENTERS[/U][/B] [COLOR="Red"]Joey Minnesota[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Darryl Devine[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Frankie Perez[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]American Elemental[/COLOR] [B][U]UPPER MIDCARDERS[/U][/B] [COLOR="Red"]Samoan Machine[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Steven Parker[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]John Greed[/COLOR] [B][U]MIDCARDERS[/U][/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Warren Technique[/COLOR] [B][U]LOWER MIDCARDERS[/U][/B] [COLOR="Red"]Canadian Dragon[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Jerry Martin[/COLOR] [B][U]NLW OFFICIALS[/U][/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Jay Fair[/COLOR] [B][U]THE ANNOUNCING BOOTH[/U][/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Marv Earnest[/COLOR] [B]After putting the locker room carefully together, piece by piece, I thought I would get atleast a day or two of rest. Well, wrong was I. After putting the ink to the paper and shaking hands with everyone, it was off I went to start booking an arena and setting up promotional materials for our first show...[/B]

[center][IMG]http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j22/spacemountain86/NLWInception.jpg[/IMG] [B][COLOR="Red"]12.12.05 From Rainbow Bar and Grill in Florida[/COLOR][/B][/center] [B]Dreams will be realised and hearts will be broken as Next Level Wrestling is set to make it's debut this Friday at The Rainbow Bar and Grill in Florida! Already announced is a huge tournament to crown the first ever NLW World Champion, and the first round will be taking place at Inception! Be sure to visit NLWrestling.com today to reserve your seat. At $2 a pop, they're certainly a steal. First round brackets are as follows... [/B] [center][B][COLOR="Red"]"The Future" Steven Parker Vs. John Greed[/COLOR][/B] [b][color="red"]Darryl Devine Vs. Frankie Perez In what is sure to be a possible match of the year canidate![/b][/color] [B][COLOR="Red"]American Elemental Vs. Canadian Dragon[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="Red"]And making his debut in the southeast, NYCW star Joey Minnesota takes on the tape trader's dream, Samoan Machine![/COLOR][/B][/center]

[COLOR="Red"][B]CREDIT: 411MANIA.COM[/B][/COLOR] 12/13/05 - 6:42 pm [B]Some of you may remember the news article we posted a few weeks ago commenting on the birth of new wrestling promotion NLW. Well, we never thought the thing would get this far, especially this fast, but the first event has come and gone. Four NLW wrestlers have moved on to the second round of the company's World Title tournament, and 411 forumer SpaceMountain was there to witness the show and send us this report...[/B] [SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"]PRE-SHOW EVENTS[/COLOR][/SIZE] = NLW owner Jon Alexander walked out to the company's themesong, "Blow Me Away" by Breaking Benjamin. He stepped into the ring, which looks very small, standard for small indy feds like this, though. He thanked each and every one of us fans in attendance for this historic first show and promised us that we would NOT be dissapointed tonight. He then walked up to each and every one of us and handed us free NLW T-shirts as a sign of appreciation. = After Alexander left and walked through the curtains to the back the lights dimmed and a couple of small red spotlights pointed towards the entrance, which is actually kinda nice, by the way. A small sized NLW logo is atop the entranceway, and there are fences linked to each side of it. The smoke machines are going crazy as out steps John Greed and the show starts. [SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"]SHOW HIGHLIGHTS[/COLOR][/SIZE] [B][COLOR="blue"]John Greed Vs. Steven Parker[/color][/B] John Greed came out portraying that of your average snooty heel, offering high fives to a couple of kids in the crowd, then dodging their hands to slick his hair back, etc. You know the act. Parker looks to be your average good lucking young potential star. The one teenage girl in the crowd seemed to love him. This was an excellent back-and-forth match between the two guys who could be the potential face of the promotion. I've heard Alexander especially likes Greed. Why? I dunno the answer to that one. The match was cut short, unfortunately, when Greed caught Parker by suprise, and his tights, as he rolled up a handful to get some cheap leverage as the referee missed it and gave Greed the cheap win. Greed smirks as he stands up and gets his hand raised, advancing in the tournament. [B][COLOR="blue"]WINNER AT 9:18 - JOHN GREED[/color] - RATING: D[/B] [B]GREED GETS ON THE MIC[/B] Greed asked for a microphone as Steven Parker jumped up and looked furious. The referee restrained him and walked him to the back as Greed laughed And told us that just like he outsmarted Parker, he was going to outsmart the next chump that stood in his way of that gold. He said being a champ = more money here AND elsewhere. He then threw the mic down as the few of us in attendance booed him out of The Grill. [B]JOEY MINNESOTA IS SHOWN PREPARING FOR THE MAIN EVENT[/B] Alexander apparently has a few good ideas up his sleeve as he made the best of what he's been handed with the small Bar and Grill here in Florida. The television sets scattered across the bar usually used to show football games and such were put to good use here as we watched Joey Minnesota doing push-ups and stretching for his match later on tonight with Samoan Machine. He then looked over to the camera, flipped it off, and growled. Oh, I'm shivering... I hope Samoan Machine breaks your next tonight, *******. [B]DARRYL DEVINE VIDEO[/B] More use of The Grill's television sets here as we are treated to a Darryl Devine hype video. Alot of the fans in attendance weren't familiar with the independent wrestling sensation, but were very pleased with what they saw. Great way to introduce him to the NLW fans. This segwayed into Devine walking out for the next match, him vs. another talented guy, Frankie Perez. [B][COLOR="blue"]Frankie Perez vs. Darryl Devine[/color][/B] Lots of great high flying and technical action from these two, as they were obviously trying their hardest to put on a good show for the few in attendance. Devine impressed me especially, and he gets the well deserved win with a pinfall victory. [B][COLOR="blue"]WINNER AT 11:33 - DARRYL DEVINE[/color] RATING: C[/B] [B]SAMOAN MACHINE SPEAKS[/B] Samoan Machine is shown standing backstage with Marv Earnest in front of a NLW banner. Earnest hypes Samoan Machine up to us, telling us about all of his experiences in Japan and such, and his devastating Strong Style of fighting before asking him the question, "Are you nervous for your match tonight against Joey Minnesota?" "Nervous? Nah... you see, there's few things that I am scared of, and Joey Minnesota ain't one of 'em. I was nervous when I had to grow up and become a man, help support my family and help my mother out when my father decided he didn't love us enough to stick around anymore. I was nervous when I was a teenager, making my debut. Why would I be scared of one of the biggest opportunities of a lifetime. WHY? Joey Minnesota isn't a challenge, he's an obstacle. I've been dirt poor for the better half of my life, and right now I see him as the person standing between myself and that belt. That money. That recognition. Joey Minnesota, YOU better be the one that's scared, brother... because I want that title, and I'd rip your neck off and piss down your throat right now to get it." Samoan Machine then looks at Marv Earnest with one of the most intimidating stares I've ever seen in my life. It looks like Earnest is about to piss his pants until Machine pushes him to the side and walks off like a man on a mission. [B][COLOR="Blue"]American Elemental Vs. Canadian Dragon[/COLOR][/B] American Elemental got a huge pop when he stepped out. The fans seem to really love the gimmick and the mask here. Canadian Dragon appears to be playing the gimmick of a former American who turned his back on the country to pledge aligance to Canada. Before the match American Elemental asked Dragon to take his mask off. Canadian Dragon replied with, "Hell no! I'm ashamed of who I am AND where I came from! You're a piece of garbage just like every other american piece of **** here." I've said it before and I'll say it again, when it comes to high flying, there are few... if any in the United States that can touch American Elemental. He pulled off some great spots in this one and got the win after hitting a 450 splash and covering Dragon for the pin. Eh... the two just didn't seem to click in the match, no matter how awesome AM Elemental is. [B][COLOR="Blue"]WINNER AT 5:52 - AMERICAN ELEMENTAL[/COLOR] RATING: D[/B] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Samoan Machine Vs. Joey Minnesota[/COLOR][/B] Well, looks like the angles are done for the night, as it's MAIN EVENT TIME!!! There really hasn't been much storyline build tonight. Well, any, really. But it's just a debut show so I'm not really worried so much. The feuds will come. Hell, a perfect one's already set up between Greed and Parker. On the brightside, they did a great job of building to this match through the night and I'm amped to see it. The two men walk to the ring, both are heels but the fans seem to embrace Samoan Machine a little more. Says something about how much the fans absolutely HATE the ****y Minnesota down here. Bell rings, and it's time for some action. Back and forth match throughout. Lots of brawling, lots of attempted submissions as this thing is looking more like a real fight than a wrestling match. Samoan Machine is definately calling this one in the ring. Looks like Samoan Machine is going to win as he applies the rear naked choke, but out comes FRANKIE PEREZ!!! He distracts Samoan Machine as Minnesota comes from behind and applies his own RNC! Samoan Machine fights it as long as can before finally passing out and making Joey Minnesota our winner, advancing to the finals! GREAT MATCH, AND THESE TWO WERE BORN TO WRESTLE EACH OTHER! [B][COLOR="Blue"]WINNER AT 14:18 - JOEY MINNESOTA[/COLOR] RATING: C+[/B] [SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"]AFTER SHOW NOTES[/COLOR][/SIZE] = After the main event, Minnesota and Perez hugged in victory as all 10 fans booed and threw garbage in the ring. A "Bullsh-t" chant eventually started up. What does this mean is the only question I have on my mind. Did Perez have something against Samoan Machine or is he teaming up as an ally with Minnesota? I guess we'll find out next month! = This was overall a fairly solid debut for NLW. The final attendance was 10. It's laughable, yes, but I can see this promotion closing in to 100 in the next 6 months easily. = Overall show rating: C. Like I said, good, solid start for Next Level Wrestling.

[center][IMG]http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j22/spacemountain86/NLWOneStep.jpg[/IMG] [B][COLOR="Red"]1.12.06 From The Grill In Destin, FL.[/COLOR][/B][/center] [B]Last month saw the debut of Next Level Wrestling as well as the debut of many of it's stars in the Southeast as we hit "The Grill" in Destin, Florida. It was a great night that delievered consistantly with nonstop thrills, and maybe even a few memories to carry along. We saw John Greed, the young american Luchadore, maybe the first of his kind as he pulled a trick out of his sleeve grabbing the tights of Steven Parker to get the pin and advance in the World Title Tournament. But Greed wasn't the only one who advanced with a little unfair "assistance" as the phenomenal Joey Minnesota defeated Samoan Machine thanks to the help of Frankie Perez. Also advancing to the second round of the tournament were fan favorites Darryl Devine and American Elemental. But the question still remains... what were Perez's motives? That question will be answered and the tournament will rage on this month as Next Level Wrestling has announced their return to The Grill for "One Step Closer"! After this show is over, the final match for the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP will be revealed. Who has what it takes to get "one step closer" and who will go home empty handed? Tickets are on sale NOW at [url]www.NLWrestling.com[/url][/B] [B]As of right now, the card looks as following...[/B] [center][B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"]"The Future" Steven Parker Vs. "Canadian Violence" Jerry Martin[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B] [B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"]Samoan Machine Vs. The man who cost him his shot at the World Title, Frankie Perez![/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"]John Greed Vs. Darryl Devine in a second round World Title Tournament match![/SIZE][/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"]Joey Minnesota Vs. American Elemental to decide the second spot in the World Championship match![/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/center]

[SIZE="4"][center][I][B][COLOR="Purple"]NLW MONTHLY BUSINESS REVIEW[/COLOR][/I][/center][/b][/SIZE] [B]December of 2005 has come and gone. The first month of the company's existance have turned out to be a very successful one, suprising even myself. To make things simple and short, we only lost $659 of our bank. That's a huge relief for me, as I was expecting anywhere from 2 to 5k gone. Right now we're sitting at $29,341 and this gives me the option of possibly running 2 shows a month bi-monthly, although I will wait a couple of months to try this out. See if the sponsor money stays steady. On the popularity side of things, thanks to "Inception" and the great results it produced, we are now a 1.4 overness in the Southeast, our homebase. It isn't much, but it gives us something to build off of. We are hoping for 15 fans to make it to "One Step Closer".[/B]

[B][COLOR="Red"]CREDIT: 411MANIA.COM[/COLOR][/B] 1/14/06 - 10:23 am [B]Back again this month sending in the resuts for NLW's "One Step Closer" is SpaceMountain. Thanks again, Space! Keep this up and you'll become a regular. We might even put you on payroll. Hahaha... just kidding.[/B] [B][COLOR="Red"]PRE-SHOW EVENTS[/COLOR][/B] = Jon Alexander came out once again before things kicked off to tell us that without our support, the company never would have made it past the first month. He then promised us a VERY special suprise tonight, and that he's worked very hard to sign this person to a NLW contract. He said he hoped we enjoyed tonight's show, and offered full refunds on our tickets if we didn't. [B][COLOR="Red"]SHOW HIGHLIGHTS[/COLOR][/B] [B]Jerry Martin Sings Us The National Anthem[/B] Jerry Martin came out to kick the show off, performing his rendition of the Canadian Anthem. Nice way to make your debut, guy... apparently he's now calling himself Canadian Violence. After nearly busting our eardrums with his horrible voice, he declared that his match tonight with Steven Parker will be "Extreme Canadian" rules, or he walks. [b]RATING: D[/b] [B]"The Future" Retaliates![/B] Steven Parker interrupted Martin, walking out with a microphone of his own. The fans gave him a fairly warm reception here, even starting a "Kick his ass!" chant. The Future ran down Canada, pointing out just how horrible the place is and made a good point with all of the Canadians in the promotion. "Why are you here if Canada is so great, huh? I'm going to take you up on the Canadian Extreme Rules, and I'm gonna send your ass packing with a first class ticket back home!" The Future rushed the ring as Violence cut him off and got started early on softening the fan favorite up. The bell rang, and our first match of the night is underway! [b]RATING: F[/b] (Wow... he really shouldn't touch a mic right now.) [B][COLOR="Purple"]CANADIAN VIOLENCE VS. STEVEN PARKER - EXTREME CANADIAN RULES![/COLOR][/B] I was expecting this to be just an awful matchup, and it was. I was skeptical of the company bringing Jerry Martin in in the first place. NLW showcases talented high fliers and mat workers. Canadian Violence just doesn't fit in with his asinine hardcore style. NEXT! [b]WINNER AT 7:56 - STEVEN PARKER - RATING: F[/b] [B]Marv Earnest Is Backstage With Frankie Perez[/B] Marv Earnest was shown backstage with Frankie Perez on the monitors throughout The Grill. Perez looked nervous as Earnest asked him why he did what he did, costing Samoan Machine his chance to advance to semi-finals in the World Title tournament. Perez replied with, "It doesn't matter why, Marv! All that matters is that I had a reason, and it's all a part of the plan! Now they wanna put me in a match with Samoan Machine? WHY?! I don't deserve that kind of treatment! That guy works stiff, Marv! But I'm being forced into this, and I'm a man, so I'm about to head down to that ring. But I'll tell you this... if he breaks my neck, I'm coming for you, Alexander. And I'll own this damn place!" [b]RATING: D[/b] [B][COLOR="Purple"]SAMOAN MACHINE VS. FRANKIE PEREZ[/COLOR][/B] Wow, this was a short one. Machine came out pissed, and didn't even wait for the bell to ring before he started taking it to Perez. Suplexes, stiff punches, and blood were seen as Machine destroyed Perez and busted him open. He applied one of his many submission holds as Perez's face turned blood red and he tapped. [B]WINNER AT 5:31 - SAMOAN MACHINE - RATING: D[/B] [B]A debut from HELL![/B] Samoan Machine storms backstage, still visibly angry as the EMTs in attendance try to help Perez, who looks legit hurt. He runs into Marv Earnest, who is wanting a few words with the Samoan Wrecking Ball. Before Earnest can get a word in, Samoan Machine grabs him by his shirt and starts yelling. "JOEY MINNESOTA IS NEXT, EARNEST! NOBODY SCREWS WITH SAMOAN MACHINE! NOBODY!!!" Just then, a large figure wearing a mask of some sort runs into the scene and taps Machine on the back. He quickly turns around and the man spits a FIREBALL INTO HIS FACE!!!. Samoan Machine falls to the ground screaming and holding his eyes as the figure turns around and we see that it's none other than fellow Japanese wrestling star HELL MONKEY! F-CK YEAH! HELL MONKEY HAS COME TO NLW! I guess this means more work for a busy EMT crew tonight... [b]RATING: D[/b] [B]Darryl Devine assures us that he's ready[/B] The cameras quickly cut to the locker room area as Marv Earnest was screaming for help as he tried to look at the damage done to Samoan Machine. In the locker room we see Darryl Devine, and he's taping his wrists up, getting ready for his match that's up next. He says that tonight, John Greed won't get away with cheating his way to what he wants. He says Greed may have stole and cheated his way through life up until this point, but it stops tonight. He then says whoever wins the main event, may it be American Elemental or Joey Minnesota, he'll see them next month. [b]RATING: C-[/b] [B][COLOR="Purple"]DARRYL DEVINE VS. JOHN GREED - SEMI-FINAL MATCH[/COLOR][/B] Greed shocked all of us in attendance tonight. He came out determined to win and almost did. It was a great back and forth match between these two, and Greed was in control at the end until an irish whip went wrong and Steven Parker ran out to ringside as the ref lay unconcious. Parker grabbed a chair that was offered by yours truly in the crowd, and then ran into the ring and Pearl Harbored Greed over the head with it, who was too busy posing for a woman who was in attendance. Parker walked away smiling and saying "Payback's a b-tch" as Devine got to his feet, revived the ref, and covered Greed for the three count. [B]WINNER AT 10:15 - DARRYL DEVINE - RATING: C-[/B] [B]Joey Minnesota is backstage warming up again...[/B] In what is becoming a ritual for the promotion, we are shown Joey Minnesota who is in the back, stretching out for the main event. He grunts and punches a hole into his locker before walking off. [b]RATING: A[/b] [B][COLOR="Purple"]MAIN EVENT: AMERICAN ELEMENTAL VS. JOEY MINNESOTA - SEMI-FINAL MATCH IN WORLD TITLE TOURNAMENT![/COLOR][/B] American Elemental came out waving the american flag as the fans ate it up and gave him alot of cheers. Joey Minnesota, on the other hand, had a few soda cans shot at his direction. The guy sitting beside me even dumped his whole bag of popcorn on the top of Minnesota's head as he passed by. He later told me he was saving the popcorn just for that reason. LoL. These two were given alot of time to work out their match here in the main event, and that's something I'm starting to appreciate NLW for. They have a good number of promos, but at the end of the day, they always show us that it's about the wrestling first and foremost. There was no interference in this one as Minnesota went cleanly over AM Elemental in a good match, and with that he advances to next month's main event. It's officially Darryl Devine Vs. Joey Minnesota to crown our first champ. I can't wait! [B]WINNER AT 13:58 - JOEY MINNESOTA - RATING: C[/B] [B][COLOR="Red"]AFTER SHOW NOTES[/COLOR][/B] = After the main event, Darryl Devine ran into the ring to get up into the face of the celebrating Minnesota. The two stared off as the crowd chanted "F-ck him, Darryl, f-ck him up!" and the show came to a close. [B][COLOR="Indigo"][SIZE="4"]OVERALL SHOW RATING: C-[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

Archived