Future Projects

Well I was asking about non-sports... I think what I'm saying is if you're looking into bringing on fresh and original non-sports sims, like a 'TV Program' Sim or a 'Software Company' sim. And stuff like that, as I know 400 Software Studios was always looking for independent developers. *EDIT* Nevermind, my question was answered.

To try and answer your question: Our first objective is to focus on the talents of the three awesome developers we currently represent. Our Mission Statement states our stance: "When it came time to decide what we wanted in our gaming company, it was easy. The company had to be about the games. Games we would be proud to have our name on, games that innovate, games that deliver all that is promised, and games you would want to play over and over again. No gimmicks, just the best games we can make." Our goal is to make great games. Each person involved has very high aspirations for Grey Dog. So, in every business decision we make, we will ensure that our products are solid and represent what we believe in, which is making only [I]the best [/I] games. Thanks for the feedback. Tara

Congrats on the new company! If I may step into cautious guidance counselor mode for a second... I will assume that one of the future projects will be a football sim for a moment. ;) Now, I know the instincts might tell you that you need to out-do TPF; come up with something bigger, better and brighter. Something full of bells and whistles; I beleive that's what you people call 'innovative'. I [i]urge[/i] you to step back and start small. Build a basic football game with a very good engine. A small, flexible game that simulates [i]football games[/i] rather than the NFL specifically might be the best starting point. Then each year it can get more complicated. In the end, it is up to you to make the games your way; it is, after all, your company. But it is my feeling that a smaller game with fewer bugs is what GD needs to start out with. Oh, and for Farrah's sake; don't release anything before a holiday weekend, anniversary, baptism, etc. Just my 2 cents. :)

• 3 weeks later...
[QUOTE=Tim Tellean]If you know enough (or want to learn) to put together a game GDS will look at it.[/QUOTE] Very Interesting. I don't claim I can program anything worth 30$ or even 30 cents of anyone's money, or even 30 minutes of their time for free right now, but I've been working on sim data for 5 years (I was a tester in TEW and in Adam Ryland's upcoming "Wrestling Spirit") and I've always wanted to do my own game some day. And it so happens that I lost my job (which had nothing to do with programming) a week ago and now have a lot of time on hands. Now there's already an outstanding programmer doing outstanding wrestling games and even if competition ain't a concern for me, I'm NOT going to munch away at the hand that made me, so I won't ever do a wrestling game. I wouldn't even dare. There's only one Adam Ryland, and the other wrestling games are useless. But a hockey game...going against Sega and Eastside....you know, that's a good idea. It's worth the effort of learning how to program correctly. I like the challenge. But, they're professionals, and I'm an amateur that probably puts that title to shame. I have VB6. I know hockey like the back of my pocket. I can do the data that goes with the game, no problem, been there and done that in WRESTLING games, and believe me, it's harder to do wrestling stats than to do any sports' data if only because there's actual statistics in sports and not in wrestling. But a game....that's another story. But I can study. And try. I can do that.

Archived