Add Touring Contracts

Touring contracts for companies that do tours. Like All-Japan and New Japan. These type of deals had been around for years. It breaks the immersion of the game, I start a 1985 save and New Japan is offering everyone exclusive written deals. Before anyone tries to attack me and my post. You need to realize in the 60's up to 90's wrestlers went on tours with Japanese companies while still being on deals with other companies in the United States. Hulk Hogan literally went on tours for New Japan while still working for AWA and WWF. Why it was taken out I have no idea.

I'll never understand why the touring contracts was removed in TEW2020, I just hope that they come back in the next addition. Is very difficult to do a realistic japanese promotion when the big companies add their wrestlers to an exclusive written contract.

I agree why have touring schedules in a game, but it doesn't have touring contracts? Doesn't really make sense does it? There is things that this game does that I do like about this game. Attributes I think are a great addition into the game. Lot of the new modding features I like.

I'll never understand why the touring contracts was removed in TEW2020

To recap, they were removed because TEW2020 tours don't have a defined end point - not only are they infinitely flexible (in that the player can add or remove dates while the tour is in progress), but they can also both potentially have no end at all (i.e. running eternally) and could be intertwined with other tours or schedules running concurrently.

This is unlike the TEW2016 system where a tour was definitively short, could only be run one-at-a-time, and ended on a specific date. Much more limited, but a contract could be designed to work with it precisely because there was no flexibility on when a tour ended.

A 2016-style contract that ends "when the tour does" would be unworkable under the new schedule system as there's no way to know when that might be - it might be 1 day long or never-ending - or even potentially which tour is being referred to. So, putting aside how easy it'd be to cheat your way into keeping workers tied up for massively long periods, it'd be impossible for a worker to make any sort of informed decision when offered a 'tour' contract.

To recap, they were removed because TEW2020 tours don't have a defined end point - not only are they infinitely flexible (in that the player can add or remove dates while the tour is in progress), but they can also both potentially have no end at all (i.e. running eternally) and could be intertwined with other tours or schedules running concurrently.

This is unlike the TEW2016 system where a tour was definitively short, could only be run one-at-a-time, and ended on a specific date. Much more limited, but a contract could be designed to work with it precisely because there was no flexibility on when a tour ended.

A 2016-style contract that ends "when the tour does" would be unworkable under the new schedule system as there's no way to know when that might be - it might be 1 day long or never-ending - or even potentially which tour is being referred to. So, putting aside how easy it'd be to cheat your way into keeping workers tied up for massively long periods, it'd be impossible for a worker to make any sort of informed decision when offered a 'tour' contract.

This makes sense, and i think became an assumed reason for the removal. Is there any way to add something to gain similar results? like a hiring rule that means a company would only add foreign workers on handshake deals?

More hiring rules in general would be nice, especially related to contracts

- Only offers handshake contracts

- Only offers written contracts to domestic talent

- Handshake contracts can not exceed (1/3/6/9/12) months

Etc

Nothing can really replace the touring regulars feature though unfortunately.

More hiring rules in general would be nice, especially related to contracts

- Only offers handshake contracts

- Only offers written contracts to domestic talent

- Handshake contracts can not exceed (1/3/6/9/12) months

Etc

Nothing can really replace the touring regulars feature though unfortunately.

Maybe something that requires to select certain hiring rules. Like:

"Touring contracts usually last for 3/6/9/12/x appearancess"

It's not perfect, but might be close enough