TCW/GWA: A New Beginning [CVerse 2020]

An excerpt from 'Lyons Den' the new autobiography from Scott Lyons

It had been a long time coming. I walked out of the financial advisor's office with a look of ambivalence on my face. I had left the wrestling business years ago. Retiring from my run on the indies in favor of taking care of my ailing father, something that was understandable to most I would hazard a guess at. I'd known that he had the money to accomodate a nurse, but I was stingy, and didn't want just anyone taking care of him and it wasn't like I was poor either, I could take care of him, move him into the house with my wife. The kids had long moved on, and my body couldn't take the punishment of the ring anymore anyway.

In December of 2019 he passed away. It is something we knew would be coming. So it was more of a dull pain than anything. I'm not going to bore you with the long or short of it. But throughout January I refound that love of wrestling, and I think my wife got tired of me sitting around the house. When the will was finished being read I was astounded. I knew we were lucky, my father always was cautious about money, making sure I had what I needed growing up while allowing me to chase my dreams.

I didn't realize he'd been stashing so much money all this time. No wonder he and mom retired so early. I'd heard rumors, come the middle of January about one specific company being up for sale. Despite not being in the business anymore I did still have some contacts in the industry, one even worked for the company in question and had been staying in touch with me pretty regularly even after he had joined the company in 2003. Man, that seems like such a long time ago.

Let me be clear, Floyd Goldworthy is a name the commands respect in this industry. He's one of the best managers I have ever worked with or against, and he was a big part of getting me booked around the indies as I got my feet wet in the industry. And he was constantly trying to get me to come back to the industry in the years after my retirement. Promising me less dates, that I would only have to work TV and PPV events, always thought I had an eye for the business. I remember talking to him and him saying he would see what he could do. A few days later, an unknown number called my phone.

Kyle Rhodes: "Hello, is this Scott Lyons?"

Scott: "Yeah that's me. Can I ask who's calling?"

Rhodes: "Kyle Rhodes, CEO of Total Championship Wrestling, I heard you were interested in buying the company?"

We agreed to meet, and that's why on January 31st I walked out of the financial advisor's office looking like I did. This was no doubt not what my dad had in mind when he ensured I inherited the money, but none the less. I'm back in the wrestling business, and there are some things that will need to be changed.

Note from the Author: Hello everyone, just a short snippet to kick us off here. I won't lie, I am mostly a CVerse newbie. I've dabbled but not much more than that. This is a database I converted from a save game one month in (hence the February start) when I decided to make my created wrestling promotion into a TCW developmental. But we'll learn more about how that comes to pass in the near future.

This post is being reserved for the roster.

fpkxCne.jpg

6vCtxtb.gifdcnp9Sy.gifGki1y4H.gif

Aaron Andrews - Bart Biggins - Benny Benson

Uu0XTfN.gifreiaZxV.gifh2uIl5G.gif

Chance Fortune - Chris Flynn - Danny Fonzarelli

d01jdqq.gifWsqsJp6.gifEm9DlQl.gif

Darryl Devine - Dazzling Dave Diamond - Dean Daniels

JbbU0R0.gifitu9eS5.gifLL7KvFh.gif

Doc Hammond - Edd Stone - Eddie Chandler

dXuWKxf.gifp0d5Web.gifsHsigxt.gif

Eddie Peak - Elliot Thomas - Flying Jimmy Fox

wnucHcV.gifpK8qzgq.gifIRNts9r.gif