Ryan Hoss: Rookie now...Legend later?

[i]The following is a diary based off of a Rookie to Legend character created in Wrestling Spirit 2. This title post contains my character's ratings and statistics, the actual story begins in the next post.[/i] [b][u]CHARACTER BIO[/u][/b] [b]Name:[/b] Ryan Hoss [b]Age:[/b] 20 [b]From:[/b] Great Lakes (USA) [b]Height & Weight:[/b] 6'5", 275 lbs [b]Finishers:[/b] Spear, Double Arm DDT [b]Pro Experience:[/b] 3 months [b]Match Record:[/b] 7-1 (MAW: 3-0; NYPW: 2-0; USPW: 2-1) [b]Title History:[/b] none [b][u]SKILL LEVELS[/u][/b] [u]Rumble[/u] [i]Brawling:[/i] E [i]Power:[/i] D [i]Strong Style:[/i] F [i]Hardcore:[/i] F [i]MMA:[/i] F [u]Technical[/u] [i]Mat Wrestling:[/i] F [i]Chain Wrestling:[/i] F [i]Submissions:[/i] F [u]Flying[/u] [i]Aerial:[/i] F [i]Flashiness:[/i] F [u]Entertainment[/u] [i]Microphone:[/i] C- [i]Charisma:[/i] C- [i]Acting:[/i] C- [i]Looks:[/i] C [i]Star Quality:[/i] C [u]Performance[/u] [i]Basics:[/i] E [i]Psychology:[/i] F [i]Safety:[/i] F [i]Consistency:[/i] F [i]Selling:[/i] F [u]Physical[/u] [i]Athleticism:[/i] E [i]Toughness:[/i] F [i]Stamina:[/i] E [u]Backstage[/u] [i]Business:[/i] F [i]Booking:[/i] F [i]Respect:[/i] F [u]Other[/u] [i]Intensity:[/i] F [i]Stiffness:[/i] F [i]Resilience:[/i] A* [i]Menace:[/i] F [i]Refereeing:[/i] F [i]Spirit:[/i] C- [b][u]POPULARITY LEVELS[/u][/b] [u]United States[/u] [i]Great Lakes:[/i] F [i]Mid Atlantic:[/i] E [i]Mid South:[/i] F [i]Mid West:[/i] F [i]New England:[/i] F [i]North West:[/i] F [i]South East:[/i] E [i]South West:[/i] F [i]Tri State:[/i] F [i]Puerto Rico:[/i] F All Other Regions: F

My Story So Far Ever since I was a little boy - heck, you could say ever since I was born in July of 1986 - I have been a [i]huuuuuuuuuuuge[/i] fan of professional wrestling. Something just appeals to me about two people stepping into the squared circle and seeing who, on that day, is the better man. And ever since I was little, I have dreamt that I would one day become one of them. That one day, 20,000 people will chant my name as I score a 3 count to become the Heavyweight Champion of the World! The road will surely be long. The sacrifices will surely be great. But it is a road I am willing to travel, a sacrifice I am willing to make, to have the chance to live my dream.

June 2006 [i]1:[/i] Well, the first thing I gotta do is look for a job. The first promotions I have contacted are CZCW in the South West, MAW in the Mid Atlantic, NYCW in the Tri State, and USPW in the South East. (I'm not going to get a look with the Big Three right away, after all...) [i]2:[/i] They actually responded to me! I accepted contract offers with USPW, NYCW and MAW, so I'll be running up and down the Eastern seaboard quite a bit. Oh well. After all, this is what I've always wanted to do! My first show is tomorrow already with MAW...better head over there. [i]3:[/i] Here we go, my very first match as a pro wrestler! OMGOMGOMG, I'm so damn nervous right now... [u]MAW School's Out[/u] [b](2) Ryan Hoss vs. 'Mr. Submission' Al Coleman[/b] Hoss controls the opening minutes as he shows off his power. Coleman comes back with a series of strikes before he grounds the bigger Hoss. Ryan nails a flapjack, but eats a toe hold head-first into the bottom turnbuckle. Coleman tries to lock on a Figure Four as they head into a series of counters. Al dominates until Hoss catches him off the top rope into a powerslam! Ryan creates an opening by tossing Coleman off the top, but is unable to capitalize as Mr. Submission takes back over. Hoss rallies at the 13 minute mark, finding a second wind to string together some offense. Ryan tries to score the pin with a piledriver and a spinebuster, but is unsuccessful. Coleman regains control, but that is short-lived as he gets Speared out of midair! Hoss covers and gets the 3 count! [b]Winner: Ryan Hoss (16:30)[/b] [i]Match Rating: C+[/i] In other action, the Mean Machine and the Canadian Blondes retained their respective titles. I earned $600 for the victory, and gained some popularity in the Mid Atlantic region. [i]7:[/i] [u]NYCW Up in Flames[/u] [b](1) Ryan Hoss vs. 'The Ladies Man' Roger Dodger[/b] Hoss suplexes Dodger and works him over on the ground. He misses a gorilla splash, allowing Roger to go to work. Dodger gets stopped in his tracks with a clothesline, but continues to control. Hoss fires back with a discus punch and a slingshot, but eats a drop toe hold into the turnbuckle. (Sensing a pattern?) Dodger tries to capitalize with a Camel Clutch, but canoot lock in it, and Hoss gets a 2 count after some counters. Ryan nails an implant DDT for 2, goes for the Double Arm DDT, that gets countered into KICK WHAM, Hoss shoots him off but gets a slam countered for 2. Dodger bounces off the ropes and runs into a waiting Hoss, who Spears him for the 3 count! [b]Winner: Ryan Hoss (6:30)[/b] [i]Match Rating: D[/i] In other action, Joey Minnesota defeated Grandmaster Phunk to retain the Empire Championship. I earned $800 for the victory and gained popularity in the Tri State region. [i]8:[/i] I'm in action for USPW, and I'll be taking on veteran heavyweight heel, and Sneer Corporation member, Danny 'The Mountain' Rushmore. [u]USPW Americana![/u] [b](2) Ryan Hoss vs. Danny 'The Mountain' Rushmore[/b] Rushmore jumps Hoss with a clothesline, allowing him to take the early advantage. Danny absolutely dominates and goes for a Double Arm DDT early, but Hoss blocks and fires up. Rushmore hits him with a front slam, but Hoss quickly fires back with a spinebuster. Danny kicks Ryan to regain the advantage, but that is shortlived as they trade counters. Rushmore drills Hoss with a running clothesline, but Ryan slips free and nails a Double Arm DDT! He covers for 1...2...no! Undeterred, Hoss drills Rushmore with a Spear, but Danny kicks out at 2 once again! Ryan tries for a second Spear, but Rushmore counters into a Death Valley Driver for 1...2...NO! The Mountain hits a second Death Valley Driver, and that gets him a 3 count as the crowd serenades them with "This Is Awesome!". [b]Winner: Danny 'The Mountain' Rushmore (9:20)[/b] [i]Match Rating: A[/i] "A" rating or no "A" rating, I still take home the $250 loser's share of the purse. In other action, two titles changed hands as Mick Muscles defeated Darryl Devine for the National Championship and Corporal Doom defeated Freddie Datsun for the World Championship! [b][u]BIG THREE MAIN EVENTS & TITLE CHANGES[/u][/b] [i]2:[/i] Steve Frehley defeated Eric Eisen to retain the SWF World Heavyweight Championship; Ricky Dale Johnson defeated BLZ Bubb to retain the TCW World Heayvweight Championship [i]4:[/i] Chris Caulfield defeated Acid to retain the DAVE Unified Championship [i]9:[/i] Runaway Train defeated Eisen in SWF; Liberty and Tommy Cornell wrestled to a time limit draw in TCW [i]11:[/i] At SWF Times of Trouble: Skull DeBones went to a double count out with Eric Eisen & Christian Faith in the main event, and Frehley defeated Sam Keith to retain the SWF World Heavyweight Championship; Eric Tyler defeated Shawn Gonzalez in DAVE, and Travis Century defeated Big Cat Brandon for the Brass Knuckles Championship [i]16:[/i] Frehley defeated Jack Bruce to retain the SWF World Heavyweight Championship; Liberty defeated Genghis Rahn in TCW [i]18:[/i] DAVE Unified Champion Caulfield defeated Tyler in a non-title match [i]23:[/i] SWF World Heavyweight Champion Frehley defeated Bruce in a non-title match; Texas Pete defeated Rocky Golden in TCW [i]25:[/i] Tyler defeated DAVE Unified Champion Caulfield in a non-title match [i]28:[/i] At TCW Excessive Force: Liberty defeated BLZ Bubb in the main event, and TCW World Heavyweight Champion Ricky Dale Johnson went to a double count out with Tommy Cornell in a non-title match (?); At Day 1 of DAVE's Extreme Double Header: Acid & Bryan Holmes defeated The New Wave, and Caulfield defeated Tyler to retain the DAVE Unified Championship

July 2006 [i]1:[/i] Looking at the schedule, I have shows on the 4th, the 13th and the 27th this month. I also notice that Joey Minnesota jumped to TCW, leaving the NYCW Empire Championship vacant for the time being. [i]4:[/i] I'm in action for USPW tonight, taking on Giant Redwood in the main event~! And we've got a $2,500 purse for this one. [u]USPW Independence Day Slam![/u] – South East (USA) [b][i]MAIN EVENT[/i][/b] [b](5) Ryan Hoss vs. Giant Redwood[/b] Redwood tosses Hoss in the corner, who slips out and rallies. Redwood comes back and hooks the Over Shoulder Backbreaker, but Ryan escapes. The Giant misses a Running Big Boot, allowing Hoss to fire back until Redwood hits a low blow. He capitalizes and hits the Running Big Boot, but Hoss kicks out at 2! They go outside, where Hoss fights back again. Redwood stops him with a powerbomb for 2. Ryan ducks another Big Boot and DDTs the Giant to buy himself some time. They trade counters, and Hoss hits a spinebuster on the much bigger man! Ryan goes up, but Redwood tosses him off. They go back outside, where Redwood blocks a Double Arm DDT attempt. Back in, Hoss goes up again and misses a double stomp. After a couple reversals, Redwood avoids another Double Arm DDT, hooks up the Over Shoulder Backbreaker again, but Hoss slips free and delivers a Spear for the 3 count! [b]Winner: Ryan Hoss (14:30)[/b] [i]Match Rating: B+[/i] Wow! That's an upset, huh? I earned $2,000 for the win, plus gained popularity in the South East region, and my Spirit increased to E. In other USPW action, the Forces of America defeated the Hillbillys to retain the World Tag Team Championship. (I increased Athleticism and Stamina by 5% each, raising each to 15 percent.) [i]13:[/i] NYCW tonight. I'll be facing 'The Ladies Man' Roger Dodger; apparently, he demanded a rematch after I kicked his ass last month. You know what the definition of insanity is... [u]NYCW Gang Wars[/u] – Tri State (USA) [b](1) Ryan Hoss vs. 'The Ladies Man' Roger Dodger[/b] Dodger completely dominates the opening minutes of the matchup, nearly catching Hoss off guard and scoring the victory. Ryan responds with some basic offense before landing ten punches in the corner. Dodger hits a DDT and goes for the Stunner again, but gets blocked. Hoss comes back with a discus punch and a spinebuster before he gets shut down with another DDT. Hoss rolls Dodger up for 2 and hits a fallaway slam. Dodger comes back with a bulldog, and KICK WHAM gets blocked again. Dodger rolls up Hoss for 2 and hits yet another DDT. Hoss goes for a Spear but eats a powerslam instead. They trade control back and forth until Ryan slips out of a rollup attempt and hits a Double Arm DDT! He rolls Dodger over and gets 3! [b]Winner: Ryan Hoss (12:20)[/b] [i]Match Rating: C-[/i] I picked up $800 for the win, and more popularity in the Tri State region. In other NYCW action, Whistler defeated Tri-State Regional Champion Grandmaster Phunk to win the vacant Empire Championship. [i]27:[/i] MAW tonight, and I get Mid Atlantic Champion, The Mean Machine! Sure, it's a non-title match, and that sucks, but whaddyagonnado? [u]MAW Fire Mountain[/u] – Mid Atlantic (USA) [i]Non-Title Match[/i] [b](4) Ryan Hoss vs. The Mean Machine[/b] Hoss shakes off a facelock and controls the opening minutes. Machine dumps him off the second rope and begins to work on the legs until Hoss slips free and hits a discus punch. They trade reversals back and forth until Ryan nails a big fallaway slam. Cattley suplexes him back down, but gets cut off by a spinebuster. Machine rolls Hoss up for 2 and goes to the brass knuckles, but eats another spinebuster. Hoss hits a stalling suplex and goes for the Spear, but Double M sidesteps. They trade more reversals until Hoss tries the Spear again, but misses again. Ryan flapjacks Mean Jean and fights off a grapevine attempt, but gets a Double Arm DDT blocked. Machine whips out the knux again, but gets spinebusted again! Cattley regains control with a blatant low blow and goes back to work on the legs. He goes for the Cross Armlock, but Hoss breaks free and goes for a Double Arm DDT again, but Machine slips out. Undeterred, Ryan tries a Spear, but that misses too. Machine rolls Hoss up for a close 2. He goes for a octopus stretch, but Hoss breaks that and hits an implant DDT for the surprise 3! [b]Winner: Ryan Hoss (18:20)[/b] [i]Match Rating: C[/i] $800 for the victory. My popularity in the Mid Atlantic region has increased to E. Also, my Spirit has now increased to D. (I increased Basics by 5%, raising that to 20 percent and E.) [b][u]BIG THREE MAIN EVENTS & TITLE CHANGES[/u][/b] [i]1:[/i] At Day 2 of DAVE's Extreme Double Header: Chris Caulfield defeated Acid to retain the DAVE Unified Championship [i]2:[/i] Steve Frehley defeated Jack Bruce to retain the SWF World Heavyweight Championship; Ricky Dale Johnson defeated Tommy Cornell to retain the TCW World Heavyweight Championship [i]4:[/i] Caulfield defeated Eric Tyler to retain the DAVE Unified Championship [i]9:[/i] Frehley defeated Skull DeBones to retain the SWF World Heavyweight Championship; Texas Pete & BLZ Bubb defeated TCW World Heavyweight Champion RDJ & Ronnie V. Pain [i]11:[/i] At SWF's The Supreme Challenge: Frehley defeated DeBones to retain the SWF World Heavyweight Championship; DAVE Unified Champion Caulfield & Vin Tanner defeated The Peak Brothers [i]16:[/i] Eric Eisen defeated Remo in SWF, [b]Knuckles defeated Squeeky McClean for the SWF North American Championship[/b] and [b]Flex defeated Marc DuBois for the SWF Shooting Star Championship[/b]; BLZ Bubb defeated Liberty in TCW [i]18:[/i] DAVE Unified Champion Caulfield & Henry Lee defeated Tyler & Tanner [i]23:[/i] Frehley defeated Remo to retain the SWF World Heavyweight Championship, and [b]The Warriors of the Deep defeated The Amazing Bumfholes for the SWF World Tag Team Championship[/b]; Liberty defeated Texas Pete, and [b]Genghis Rahn defeated Troy Tornado for the TCW International Championship[/b] [i]25:[/i] Caulfield defeated Brass Knuckles Champion Travis Century to retain the DAVE Unified Championship [i]28:[/i] At TCW Summer Showdown: TCW World Heavyweight Champion RDJ defeated Troy Tornado in a non-title match

August 2006 Well, I've had a strong start to my career, and I only hope I can keep the momentum going. This month, I've got MAW again on the 5th, while USPW and NYCW are both running on the 19th. Great, my first conflict~! [i]5:[/i] I'm in action for MAW tonight, taking on Canadian heel Stan 'The Man' Manna. If I keep winning, they'll have to give me a title shot eventually, right? [u]MAW Brave New World[/u] – Mid Atlantic (USA) [b](2) Ryan Hoss vs. Stan 'The Man' Manna[/b] Hoss starts off with some punches, but Manna fires back in kind. He misses an elbow drop, allowing Ryan to reel off some offense. Manna slips out of a back suplex and delivers one of his own. After a slingshot, Stan explodes out of the corner with a clothesline and begins to kick Hoss's ass until a backdrop stops him. The Man slips out of a stalling suplex and rolls Hoss up for 2. The big man fires back with a fallaway slam. They go outside, where Manna regains control with a plancha and then an apron dive! He hits a flying crossbody and a flying clothesline, each for 2. Hoss blocks a Sit Out Powerbomb and rallies at the 10 minute mark, nailing a discus punch for 2. Manna knocks him down and hits another flying clothesline for 2. Hoss attempts a Double Arm DDT, but that is blocked and Manna hits a Sit Out Powerbomb! 1...2...no! The Man has a moment of indecision, allowing Ryan to recover and after a series of counters, drill him with a Spear! 1...2...3! [b]Winner: Ryan Hoss (13:30)[/b] [i]Match Rating: B-[/i] In other MAW action, The Mean Machine (who I do hold a non-title victory over) defeated Des Davids to retain the Mid Atlantic Championship. I gained $800 and more popularity in the Mid Atlantic region. (I upgraded Power by 5%, raising it to D.) [i]18:[/i] Decision time~! My choices are a match with Sammy the Shark for NYCW, or a non-title match against Corporal Doom. Wanting to build more momentum after my upset of Giant Redwood last month, I accept the latter. [i]19:[/i] Doom, the reigning USPW World Champion, is 48 years old and a Large Heavyweight. This'll be his first match since he won the title two months ago. [u]USPW Apple Pie and Wrestling![/u] – South East (USA) [i]Non-Title Match[/i] [b](5) Ryan Hoss vs. Corporal Doom[/b] Doom begins with a rake of the eyes, but Hoss quickly fires back. They trade strikes until Hoss nails a snap suplex and goes to work on the ground. Doom flattens him with a running clothesline, but is unable to capitalize. Ryan responds in kind and follows with a DDT. They trade counters until Doom hits a short clothesline. Ryan ducks a three-point clothesline and nails a discus punch to come back. Hoss rallies with a spinebuster and a double stomp off the top rope! He calls for the Spear, but Doom will have none of that. The Corporal nails a backdrop, but is unable to lock the Mandible Claw in and splats on a legdrop. Hoss calls for the Spear again, but gets rushed, but ducks a three-point clothesline and nails the Spear! He covers for the 3! [b]Winner: Ryan Hoss (7:50)[/b] [i]Match Rating: C-[/i] I won $2,000 for the victory, and my South East popularity has increased to E. My Spirit level has also increased to C-. (I upgraded Athleticism and Stamina by 3% each, raising each to E.) [b][u]BIG THREE MAIN EVENTS & TITLE CHANGES[/u][/b] [i]1:[/i] At DAVE Attitude Adjustment: DAVE Unified Champion Chris Caulfield defeated Acid in a non-title match [i]2:[/i] Runaway Train defeated SWF World Heavyweight Champion Steve Frehley in a non-title match, and [b]Kurt Laramee defeated Knuckles for the SWF North American Championship[/b]; BLZ Bubb defeated Liberty for the second time in 3 weeks in TCW [i]4:[/i] Eric Tyler defeated Henry Lee in DAVE [i]9:[/i] Frehley defeated Squeeky McClean to retain the SWF World Heavyweight Championship; Bubb defeated Peter Valentine in TCW [i]11:[/i] At SWF Welcome to the Jungle: McClean defeated Eric Eisen in the main event; The New Wave defeated Tyler & Acid in DAVE [i]16:[/i] Train defeated SWF World Heavyweight Champion Frehley in another non-title match; Texas Pete defeated Liberty in TCW [i]18:[/i] Caulfield defeated Brass Knuckles Champion Travis Century to retain the DAVE Unified Championship [i]23:[/i] SWF World Heavyweight Champion Frehley & Engyma vs. Train & Christian Faith ended in a time limit draw; Bubb defeated Liberty yet again in TCW [i]25:[/i] Caulfield defeated Brass Knuckles Champion Travis Century in a rematch to retain the DAVE Unified Championship [i]28:[/i] At TCW Hotter Than Hell: Bubb defeated TCW World Heavyweight Champion Ricky Dale Johnson in a non-title match in the main event, and [b]Harry Allen defeated Freddy Huggins for the TCW All Action Championship[/b]

If USPW is the way I recall it from TEW 2005 then wins of Giant Redwood and Corporal Doom ought to give you a title shot at somepoint, most likely sooner rather then later as they're both big stars for that company. As for MAW, you've already beaten the champion, that title shot should be yours.

Archived