ECW Not For Long?

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i dunno, why would Paul leave? He's getting paid good money, all the casual fans are enjoying his booking and all the hardcore fans know that the tacky ECW booking is not his fault, so its not as if its blowing his repuataion at all. I dont see any benefits to him leaving, atleast if he stays he may at some point be able to get a watchable show going.

[QUOTE=jerlito]well now that you mentioned it yea hmm... you i think they lyed hey but what i said paul needs to leave the wwe and start a new promotion what do you think.[/QUOTE] I think if somebody would back him financially and with a little interference, just to keep him on the straight and narrow, Heyman could be very successful.

Yeah, I have to agree. If Paul E. had Raven and money enough to not have to worry when a bid war between ECW, WCW, and WWF occurs for all of his talent and drives up everyone's contracts to a ridiculous price, that he can handle it. In reality, I think if ECW had been about 10 years later, after WCW or WWF (Probably WWF without being able to steal someone else's booking ideas) closed, then the bid wars for workers wouldn't have made wages for the ECW workers so ridiculous.

Wait, you're asking what happened when every match was No DQ? When every match was truly No DQ, ECW was great. High fliers would jump from the top rope into people in the crowd, the big heavyweight brawlers would brawl through the crowd, Terry Funk would throw video cameras at his opponent, and general mayhem was wreaked. Now the ECW matches are WWE No DQ, which means keep the match in the ring and maybe use a chair or a table. No DQ in ECW meant no count outs, body slams on the cement, and fighting on and over the guardrail. But yeah I don't know what Heyman said at the WWE ECW last week, because I haven't been able to watch ECW for like 3 weeks in a row because I work nights at a factory this summer.

rvd man sandman drinks and smokes come on they suspend rvd and not sabu i mean were the ones busted and they pushing him while they did woung to rvd and back in the 90's the wrestlers in ecw did whatever they want the new ecw is a rip off.

[QUOTE=jerlito]rvd man sandman drinks and smokes come on they suspend rvd and not sabu i mean were the ones busted and they pushing him while they did woung to rvd and back in the 90's the wrestlers in ecw did whatever they want the new ecw is a rip off.[/QUOTE] Er... that was barely engilish, but I think I understand you... You need to realize that Vince - and the shareholders - wants his company to have a respectable image. This is why there's a dresscode and a drug policy. Sabu only had a bong and non-narcotic drugs. Plus, he tried to take the blame for it. But it was too late. To avoid looking like the WWE condoned drug use, RVD had to be suspended. As for the Sandman, he's quit drinking.

well i hate wwe aways have will but one day vince will get rid of ecw thats that on the other hand i want to see a wrestling promotion crush wwe i want to start a promotion that has a little of any wrestling style well i don't have writers which sucks and vince gets more stounger than anything.

From [url]http://www.wrestlingobserver.com/wo/news/headlines/default.asp?aID=16773[/url] "Tim was then taken for final approval. Tim was taken to Vince McMcmahon's office. Tim compares it to the Darren Drozdov "he's going to puke" scene from Beyond the Mat with Vince demanding him to do the Zombie character in front of Vince. So Tim did the Zombie pose and growl, and Vince was hysterical and said "that's f'n brilliant". Tim says it was really fun. Tim is friends with Sandman, they had wrestled together in Puerto Rico. OIB asks about the cane shots. Tim says they were brutal, Sandman was fired up that night. Tim says Sandman isn't drinking anymore, so it was even worse. Sandman is a better aim while drunk. One of the cane shots caught him right in the nose."

you see thats not gonna happen. Vince always manages to win in the end. weather through means of ratings or lawsuits, or buyouts. TNA WILL reach the WWE at some point in the near future but will not crush vince. he's too much of a marketing genius to have a 2nd rate fed like TNA do him over.

[QUOTE=jerlito]well i'm thinking some people who do the thread's are great in terms of booking i would like to crush vince myself some of diffent bookers and good wrestlers i wish that somebody could crush wwe bry them out.[/QUOTE] you realise you've just noted that peoples threads are better than real life, in a seemingly pointless arguement? i mean come on, yeah ECW sucks right now (old ECW fan here :D) and WWE has been pants for quite some time aswell. But, honestly, look at some of the people's rosters (i'm in no way flaming or anything, just trying to make a point) you will see that te WWE2006 stories will have AJ Styles, Daniels, Joe, Jeff Hardy and Christian back, Danielson, Punk the list is endless, ECW2006 stories, they have Rhino, Raben the Dudleys, alot of the old school ECW workers all back, so they're bound to do alot better aren't they? on top of that, in game terms, they have a very poor audience, no disrespect to adam, but i don't think the current day audience is well captured in the game (not that it should be however, because the game is modelled around the cornellverse rememebr) Im going to end my rant now becauase if i continue, ill just ramble my point on Off Topic: If you think you've spelt a word wrong, use the spell checker

hey your right i mean wouldn't you like to see a promotion that is the old ecw first off i've the wwe2006 andecw2006 but there storyline and angles are better than what we see from the new ecw and wwe bands how about the sandman storylines i mean he facing male stiper come on he a legend.

personally i dont think it would happen, but, if it did, then i don't think it would do too well, look at CZW, brutal, extreme, everything that new ecw will never be, but it's widely popular ill give it that, but if the old ECW came back, you would have to have all the old ECW workers there, but then that still wouldnt work due to the fact the workers are past it now, alot are old in terms of physical and mental fitness, some have toned down their styles etc, you'd need new workers in, but people that could do well, like Punk (and Test? :confused:)

well something i don't understand why they made a new ecw world title but what about rhino the last ecw world t.v. and world champion and they do have the last ecw tag team champions i mean danny doring and roadkill why have they not interdouted the champions well for everyone to understand put them on the line and before i'm get started on paul let me say the new ecw only has one title what happen to t.v. title they can make a new one like they did the world title. so now paul he has a t.v. deal for ecw but no p.p.v. some website that ecw won't have a p.p.v. till decmember it will be called ecw tba.

Archived