The Rise of wCw [L2G, CVerse 2020]

January 15th, 2019

Well, the first step on this journey had started. I had been tossing the idea around for some time now. But, as I dropped all the forms and the payment into the mail, I realized this was going to happen, it had to happen. I just hope I know what I’m getting myself into.

April 8th, 2019

While I waited, I spoke to everyone I could about spaces large enough to hold a ring and fans. So far, I was unable to locate anything I liked. I could have settled for some bar or something similar, but, well only if I had to. I wanted something more “professional”.

I checked the mail and it had arrived. I opened the packet and their it was, front and center of page 1.

wCw4.png?width=180&height=180&fit=bounds

I was now officially the owner of a wrestling promotion.

June 21st, 2019

I spent my birthday trying to get a road agent to come down to Florida and work for me. No luck. Anyone worth anything, knows it and wants way more than I can afford. I might have to let the wrestlers themselves construct their matches at first. Speaking of workers…

October 7th, 2019

I finally found a venue for us. The Bay County Fair Grounds, here in Panama City, FL. The large pole building they use for everything from rodeos to the antique swap meet. Large enough to start small but we can expand seating if needed. I paid for the first year in advanced to ensure I’d be able to keep it.

October 25th, 2019

Jez McArthuer finally called back. He accepted my offer to be our referee. That’s one more thing down. I had my calls out already for workers. Figured I’d start with about 8. Try to keep my costs down but I have my eye on some fairly known wrestlers that live in the southeast area. Might bring them in for a few one offs.

December 20th, 2019

When I answered the phone, I almost didn’t believe it.

Me: “Hello”

…: “Hi, this is Tamara, Tamara McFly. Hear you are looking for a road agent.”

Me: “Umm, is this really Tamara McFly?”

The voice on the other end laughed out loud. It was a genuine laugh that made me smile on my end.

Tamara: “Yes, it’s really me. Alexander Robinson gave me your info. So, are you still looking for a road agent?”

Me: “Yes, of course. But I can’t pay much.”

Tamara: “That’s OK. Money is not really an issue. I’m looking for experience. I can do the job; I have plenty to share with anyone willing to listen and learn. Maybe we can help each other out.”

Me: “We don’t have a women’s division. I’m sure I already know the answer, but will that be an issue?”

Again, that genuine laughter. Of course, it wouldn’t matter, Tamara was respected by just about everyone in the industry.

Tamara: “Not a problem at all”

We talked for about 20 more minutes before agreeing to terms.

January 1st, 2020

Ring, check

Ref, check

Road agent, check

Workers, check

Title, check

I pulled the title out of the bag and placed it on the desk. I had gone back and forth about making it a world title, but ultimately went with wCw Championship. Just something about calling a title a world title when it’s defended in a “local” promotion. Figured it was bad enough that I was calling my promotion, World Championship Wrestling. Maybe one day we would earn the right to call our title a World title.

I put the title back in its bag. We would be having our first event, Mayhem, in two weeks. Here’s hoping for the best.

OOC: So this is my attempt at a Local 2 Global game. I’ll be starting at 0 Pop, 0 Momentum and $10,000.00. Reason for the money, is well, I attempted this 4 times and each time I went bankrupt when starting with no money.

This might start out slow, but hopefully I’ll get in a groove, and you will enjoy.

Thanks,

R

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

January 15th, 2019

Well, the first step on this journey had started. I had been tossing the idea around for some time now. But, as I dropped all the forms and the payment into the mail, I realized this was going to happen, it had to happen. I just hope I know what I’m getting myself into.

April 8th, 2019

While I waited, I spoke to everyone I could about spaces large enough to hold a ring and fans. So far, I was unable to locate anything I liked. I could have settled for some bar or something similar, but, well only if I had to. I wanted something more “professional”.

I checked the mail and it had arrived. I opened the packet and their it was, front and center of page 1.

wCw4.png?width=180&height=180&fit=bounds

I was now officially the owner of a wrestling promotion.

June 21st, 2019

I spent my birthday trying to get a road agent to come down to Florida and work for me. No luck. Anyone worth anything, knows it and wants way more than I can afford. I might have to let the wrestlers themselves construct their matches at first. Speaking of workers…

October 7th, 2019

I finally found a venue for us. The Bay County Fair Grounds, here in Panama City, FL. The large pole building they use for everything from rodeos to the antique swap meet. Large enough to start small but we can expand seating if needed. I paid for the first year in advanced to ensure I’d be able to keep it.

October 25th, 2019

Jez McArthuer finally called back. He accepted my offer to be our referee. That’s one more thing down. I had my calls out already for workers. Figured I’d start with about 8. Try to keep my costs down but I have my eye on some fairly known wrestlers that live in the southeast area. Might bring them in for a few one offs.

December 20th, 2019

When I answered the phone, I almost didn’t believe it.

Me: “Hello”

…: “Hi, this is Tamara, Tamara McFly. Hear you are looking for a road agent.”

Me: “Umm, is this really Tamara McFly?”

The voice on the other end laughed out loud. It was a genuine laugh that made me smile on my end.

Tamara: “Yes, it’s really me. Alexander Robinson gave me your info. So, are you still looking for a road agent?”

Me: “Yes, of course. But I can’t pay much.”

Tamara: “That’s OK. Money is not really an issue. I’m looking for experience. I can do the job; I have plenty to share with anyone willing to listen and learn. Maybe we can help each other out.”

Me: “We don’t have a women’s division. I’m sure I already know the answer, but will that be an issue?”

Again, that genuine laughter. Of course, it wouldn’t matter, Tamara was respected by just about everyone in the industry.

Tamara: “Not a problem at all”

We talked for about 20 more minutes before agreeing to terms.

January 1st, 2020

Ring, check

Ref, check

Road agent, check

Workers, check

Title, check

I pulled the title out of the bag and placed it on the desk. I had gone back and forth about making it a world title, but ultimately went with wCw Championship. Just something about calling a title a world title when it’s defended in a “local” promotion. Figured it was bad enough that I was calling my promotion, World Championship Wrestling. Maybe one day we would earn the right to call our title a World title.

I put the title back in its bag. We would be having our first event, Mayhem, in two weeks. Here’s hoping for the best.

OOC: So this is my attempt at a Local 2 Global game. I’ll be starting at 0 Pop, 0 Momentum and $10,000.00. Reason for the money, is well, I attempted this 4 times and each time I went bankrupt when starting with no money.

This might start out slow, but hopefully I’ll get in a groove, and you will enjoy.

Thanks,

R

wCw4

wCw_Mayhem

wCw MAYHEM

JAN 2020

WK2

Live at the Bay County Fair Grounds

Panama City, FL

84 fans

CVFP_WhiteAnnouncer_015.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

I welcome the fans to the first ever wCw event, Mayhem. Tonight, kicks off a tournament for the first ever wCw Champion. The first two rounds are tonight. Enjoy.

Segment Rating

WCW_1_Banner

CHARLIE CORNER VS JACK AVATAR

Charlie_Corner_altVSJack_Avatar_alt

In a bout that had decent wrestling but non-existent crowd heat, Jack Avatar defeated Charlie Corner in 10:01 by pinfall with an All American Slam.

Match Rating

WCW_1_Banner

TOURNAMENT ROUND 1

K.P. AVATAR VS "PRIME TIME" JACK PRYDE

KP AvatarVSPrime_Time_Jack_Pryde

In a bout that had terrible wrestling and non-existent crowd heat, K.P. Avatar defeated Prime Time Jack Pryde in 10:24 by pinfall with a That Funky Funky Elbow Drop.

Match Rating

WCW_1_Banner

Ozzie_Goldstein

Ozzie Goldstein comes to the ring prior to his match with Pepper Pelton.

Ozzie tells Pelton, "He does not have a chance".'

Rating

WCW_1_Banner

TOURNAMENT ROUND 1

OZZIE GOLDSTEIN VS PEPPER PELTON

Ozzie_GoldsteinVSPepper_Pelton

In a decent match, Ozzie Goldstein defeated Pepper Pelton in 9:43 by pinfall with a Golden Shower.

Match Rating

WCW_1_Banner

Ricky_TurnerHenry_Bennett

Ricky Turner thanks local boy, Henry Bennett for showing up for a loss.

Rating

WCW_1_Banner

MAIN EVENT

RICKY TURNER VS HENRY BENNETT

Ricky_TurnerVSHenry_Bennett

In a decent match, Ricky Turner defeated Henry Bennett in 19:54 by submission with a Figure Four Leglock.

Match Rating

WCW_1_Banner

Overall Show Rating

wCw4

wCw_Mayhem

wCw MAYHEM

FEB 2020

WED WK2

Panama City, FL

87 fans

WCW_1_Banner

PEPPER PELTON VS K.P. AVATAR

Pepper_Pelton.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsVSKP%20Avatar.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

In a bout that had sub-par wrestling and little heat, K.P. Avatar defeated Pepper Pelton in 11:45 by pinfall with a That Funky Funky Elbow Drop.

Match Rating

WCW_1_Banner

TOURNAMENT ROUND 1

JACK AVATAR VS JAMES DIAZ

Jack_Avatar_alt.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsVSJames_Diaz_alt.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

In a bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, James Diaz defeated Jack Avatar in 12:03 by pinfall with an Asian Thumb Spike.

Match Rating

WCW_1_Banner

Ricky_Turner.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

Ricky Turner tells Charlie to stay in the back. He will lose!

Rating

WCW_1_Banner

TOURNAMENT ROUND 1

RICKY TURNER VS CHARLIE CORNER

Ricky_Turner.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsVSCharlie_Corner_alt.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

In a decent match, Ricky Turner defeated Charlie Corner in 11:33 by submission with a Figure Four Leglock

Match Rating

WCW_1_Banner

Ozzie_Goldstein.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsHenry_Bennett

Ozzie Goldstein tells Henry Bennett prior to their match, “You didn’t do well last month against Turner. Tell you what, if you beat me tonight, I’ll put in a good word for you with the boss”.

Rating

WCW_1_Banner

MAIN EVENT

OZZIE GOLDSTEIN VS HENRY BENNETT

Ozzie_Goldstein.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsVSHenry_Bennett

In a bout that had good wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, Ozzie Goldstein defeated Henry Bennett in 19:58 by pinfall with a Golden Shower.

Match Rating

WCW_1_Banner

Overall Show Rating

wCw4.png?width=590&height=370&fit=bounds

wCw4

wCw_Mayhem

wCw MAYHEM

MAR 2020

WED WK2

Panama City, FL

92 fans

WCW_1_Banner

Prime_Time_Jack_Pryde.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsJack_Avatar_alt.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

Jack Pryde tells Jack Avatar that there is only "One" Jack, and it isn’t him! Avatar tells him "We'll see"

Rating

WCW_1_Banner

”PRIME TIME” JACK PRYDE VS JACK AVATAR

Prime_Time_Jack_Pryde.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsVSJack_Avatar_alt.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

In a bout that had sub-par wrestling and little heat, Jack Avatar defeated Prime Time Jack Pryde in 12:15 by pinfall with an All American Slam.

Match Rating

WCW_1_Banner

AIR ATTACK WEASEL VS JAMES DIAZ

Air_Attack_Weasel.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsVSJames_Diaz_alt.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

In a bout that had good wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, James Diaz defeated Air Attack Weasel in 15:42 by pinfall with an Asian Thumb Spike.

Match Rating

WCW_1_Banner

RICKY TURNER VS PEPPER PELTON

Ricky_Turner.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsVSPepper_Pelton.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

In a decent match, Ricky Turner defeated Pepper Pelton in 10:15 by submission with a Figure Four Leglock.

Match Rating

WCW_1_Banner

Ozzie_Goldstein.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsKP%20Avatar.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

K.P. and Ozzie face off before their match. K.P. tells Ozzie his road to the title ends here. Ozzie says, he has the Midas Touch, and tonight he steps closer to gold.

Rating

WCW_1_Banner

MAIN EVENT

TOURNAMENT SEMI-FINAL

OZZIE GOLDSTEIN VS K.P. AVATAR

Ozzie_Goldstein.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsVS.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsKP%20Avatar.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

In a bout that had good wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, Ozzie Goldstein defeated K.P. Avatar in 16:06 by pinfall with a Golden Shower.

Match Rating

WCW_1_Banner

Overall Show Rating

wCw4

wCw_Mayhem

wCw MAYHEM

APR 2020

WED WK2

Panama City, FL

99 in attendance

WCW_1_Banner

KP%20Avatar.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds Jack_Avatar_alt.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds Prime_Time_Jack_Pryde.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds Pepper_Pelton.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

K.P. and Jack Avatar have a little back and forth with Jack Pryde and Pepper Pelton before there match.

K.P. and Jack tell Pryde and Pelton, “the Avatar Express is running through them”.

Rating

WCW_1_Banner

K.P. AVATAR/JACK AVATAR VS "PRIME TIME" JACK PRYDE/PEPPER PELTON

KP%20Avatar.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds Jack_Avatar_alt.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds VS.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds Prime_Time_Jack_Pryde.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds Pepper_Pelton.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

In a bout that had sub-par wrestling and little heat, Jack Avatar and K.P. Avatar defeated Prime Time Jack Pryde and Pepper Pelton in 12:21 when K.P. Avatar pinned Prime Time Jack Pryde with an Avatar Rising.

Match Rating

WCW_1_Banner

CHIP MARTIN VS OZZIE GOLDSTEIN

Chip_Martin.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds VS.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds Ozzie_Goldstein.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

In a decent match, Ozzie Goldstein defeated Chip Martin in 19:52 by pinfall with a Golden Shower.

Match Rating

WCW_1_Banner

Ozzie_Goldstein.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

After his match, Ozzie welcomes Chip Martin to wCw. He then tells both Ricky and Diaz that whoever wins their match will have the honor of losing to him at the first ever Premium Live Event, Starrcade, in two weeks. The Golden Hour is upon you.

Rating

WCW_1_Banner

MAIN EVENT

TOURNAMENT SEMI-FINAL

RICKY TURNER VS JAMES DIAZ

Ricky_Turner.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsVS.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsJames_Diaz_alt.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

In a bout that had good wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, Ricky Turner defeated James Diaz in 19:39 by submission with a Figure Four Leglock.

Match Rating

WCW_1_Banner

Overall Show Rating

wCw4.png?width=720&height=200&fit=bounds

WCW_Starrcade_1.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

wCw STARRCADE

Apr 2020

Wk 4 Sat

Bay County Fair Grounds

Panama City, FL

111 in attendance

I welcome the fans to our first "Premium Live Event".

Tonight, we crown our first ever wCw Champion. Good luck to everyone.

Rating

STARRCADE(1).png?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

OPENING MATCH

SINGLES MATCH

Twenty Minute Time Limit

CHARLIE CORNER VS "PRIME TIME" JACK PRYDE

Charlie_Corner_alt.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsVS.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsPrime_Time_Jack_Pryde.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

In a bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat,

Prime Time Jack Pryde defeated Charlie Corner in 9:33 by pinfall with a PrydeFall.

Match Rating

SINGLES MATCH

Twenty Minute Time Limit

JACK AVATAR VS PEPPER PELTON

Jack_Avatar_alt.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsVS.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsPepper_Pelton.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

In a bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat,

Jack Avatar defeated Pepper Pelton in 10:08 by pinfall with an All American Slam.

During the match, Avatar was clearly hurt after Pelton missed a spot and

landed a solid punch to Avatar's eye.

Match Rating

SINGLES MATCH

Twenty Minute Time Limit

CHIP MARTIN VS HENRY BENNETT

Chip_Martin.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsVS.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsHenry_Bennett.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

In a decent match, Henry Bennett defeated Chip Martin in 11:54 by submission with a Figure Four Leglock.

Match Rating

SINGLES MATCH

Twenty Minute Time Limit

K.P. AVATAR VS JAMES DIAZ

KP%20Avatar.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsVS.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsJames_Diaz_alt.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

In a decent match, K.P. Avatar defeated James Diaz in 20:22 by pinfall with a That Funky Funky Elbow Drop.

Match Rating

Ozzie tells Ricky that this won't be a Cinderella story for him.

The southern boy does not win in this southern promotion.

Rating

MAIN EVENT

wCw CHAMPIONSHIP

Twenty Minute Time Limit

wCw_Champion.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

OZZIE GOLDSTEIN VS RICKY TURNER

Ozzie_Goldstein.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsVS.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsRicky_Turner.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

In a bout that had superb wrestling and good heat, Ozzie Goldstein

defeated Ricky Turner in 19:49 by pinfall with a Golden Shower.

Ozzie Goldstein wins the wCw Championship title.

Match Rating

Overall Show Rating

wCw4

wCw_Mayhem

wCw MAYHEM

MAY 2020

WED WK2

Panama City, FL

102 in attendance

WCW_1_Banner

Ricky_Turner.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsKP%20Avatar.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsJames_Diaz_alt.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

I congratulate Ozzie for becoming our first champion. Ricky comes down to demand a rematch. Immediately K.P. Avatar comes down to throw his name into the hat for a title shot. Before I can say anything, James Diaz comes down and also makes his claim. I tell them they can battle each other over the next 4 months. Winner gets a shot at the title at The Great American Bash.

Rating

WCW_1_Banner

CHIP MARTIN VS PEPPER PELTON VS "PRIMETIME" JACK PRYDE

Chip_Martin.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsVS.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsPepper_Pelton.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsVS.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsPrime_Time_Jack_Pryde.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

In a poor match, Chip Martin defeated Pepper Pelton and Prime Time Jack Pryde in 10:02 when Chip Martin pinned Prime Time Jack Pryde with a Super Kick.

Match Rating

WCW_1_Banner

K.P. AVATAR VS CHARLIE CORNER

KP%20Avatar.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsVS.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsCharlie_Corner_alt.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

In a decent match, K.P. Avatar defeated Charlie Corner in 11:49 by pinfall with a That Funky Funky Elbow Drop.

Match Rating

WCW_1_Banner

KP%20Avatar.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

K.P. gets on the mic after his match and "wishes" Ricky, James, and Ozzie good luck.

Rating

WCW_1_Banner

OZZIE GOLDSTEIN © VS AIR ATTACK WEASEL - NON-TITLE

Ozzie_Goldstein.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsVS.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsAir_Attack_Weasel.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

In a bout that had great wrestling and good heat, Ozzie Goldstein defeated Air Attack Weasel in 19:58 by pinfall with a Golden Shower.

Match Rating

WCW_1_Banner

MAIN EVENT

RICKY TURNER VS JAMES DIAZ

Ricky_Turner.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsVS.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsJames_Diaz_alt.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

In a bout that had good wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, Ricky Turner defeated James Diaz in 11:45 by submission with a Figure Four Leglock.

Match Rating

WCW_1_Banner

Overall Show Rating

wCw4

wCw_Mayhem

wCw MAYHEM

JUN 2020

WED WK2

Panama City, FL

108 in attendance

WCW_1_Banner

Ozzie starts the show, the wCw title nice and shiny on his shoulder. He puts down his opponent tonight in Chip Martin. Ozzie; “Chip couldn’t get the job done when he made his debut, what makes him think he can do it now. Especially now that I’m the wCw Champion? Answer, he can’t and won’t.”

Rating

WCW_1_Banner

JACK AVATAR VS CHARLIE CORNER

Jack_Avatar_alt.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsVS.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsCharlie_Corner_alt.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

In a poor match, Jack Avatar defeated Charlie Corner in 10:07 by pinfall with an All American Slam.

Match Rating

WCW_1_Banner

RICKY TURNER VS PEPPER PELTON

Ricky_Turner.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsVS.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsPepper_Pelton.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

In a decent match, Ricky Turner defeated Pepper Pelton in 10:23 by submission with a Figure Four Leglock.

Match Rating

WCW_1_Banner

OZZIE GOLDSTEIN C) VS CHIP MARTIN - NON-TITLE

Ozzie_Goldstein.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsVS.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsChip_Martin.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

In a decent match, Ozzie Goldstein defeated Chip Martin in 11:42 by pinfall with a Golden Shower.

Match Rating

WCW_1_Banner

K.P. tells Diaz about what happened last time they battled in the title tournament. Nothing is going to change tonight.

Rating

WCW_1_Banner

MAIN EVENT

K.P. AVATAR VS JAMES DIAZ

KP%20Avatar.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsVS.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsJames_Diaz_alt.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

In a decent match, James Diaz defeated K.P. Avatar in 19:52 by pinfall with an Asian Thumb Spike.

Match Rating

WCW_1_Banner

Overall Show Rating

wCw4

wCw_Mayhem

wCw MAYHEM

JUL 2020

WED WK2

Panama City, FL

117 in attendance

WCW_1_Banner

“PRIME TIME” JACK PRYDE VS CHIP MARTIN

Prime_Time_Jack_Pryde.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsVS.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsChip_Martin.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

In a poor match, Chip Martin defeated Prime Time Jack Pryde in 9:03 by pinfall with a Super Kick.

Match Rating

WCW_1_Banner

_Unknown_Male.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsChip_Martin.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

As Martin is celebrating his win, a huge hooded individual slides in behind Martin. Martin never sees it coming and is destroyed before the hooded figure leaves through the crowd.

Rating

JAMES DIAZ VS JACK AVATAR

James_Diaz_alt.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsVS.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsJack_Avatar_alt.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

In a decent match, James Diaz defeated Jack Avatar in 15:46 by pinfall with an Asian Thumb Spike.

Match Rating

WCW_1_Banner

Ozzie again puts down his opponent before asking who is going to be his next challenge for his title? "It doesn't matter who's next. The gold is staying with me because I have the Midas Touch.”

Rating

WCW_1_Banner

OZZIE GOLDSTEIN © VS PEPPER PELTON - NON-TITLE

Ozzie_Goldstein.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsVS.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsPepper_Pelton.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

In a bout that had good wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, Ozzie Goldstein defeated Pepper Pelton in 11:32 by pinfall with a Golden Shower.

Match Rating

WCW_1_Banner

K.P. tells Ricky that he respects what he's done over his career. However, it's time for his own respect and another chance at the title.

Rating

WCW_1_Banner

MAIN EVENT

K.P. AVATAR VS RICKY TURNER

KP%20Avatar.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsVS.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsRicky_Turner.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

In a decent match, K.P. Avatar defeated Ricky Turner in 16:07 by pinfall with a That Funky Funky Elbow Drop.

Match Rating

WCW_1_Banner

Overall Show Rating

wCw4

wCw_Mayhem

wCw MAYHEM

AUG 2020

WED WK2

Panama City, FL

122 in attendance

WCW_1_Banner

CHIP MARTIN VS CHARLIE CORNER

Chip_Martin.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsVS.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsCharlie_Corner.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

In a poor match, Chip Martin defeated Charlie Corner in 10:29 by pinfall with a Super Kick.

Match Rating

WCW_1_Banner

_Unknown_Male.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsChip_Martin.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

Just as Martin has his hand raised, a large hooded figure slides into the ring again. Martin turns just has he is leveled. The hooded figure looms over Martin a moment before leaving through the crowd.

Rating

JACK AVATAR VS PEPPER PELTON

Jack_Avatar_alt.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsVS.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsPepper_Pelton.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

In a decent match, Jack Avatar defeated Pepper Pelton in 11:48 by pinfall with an All American Slam.

Match Rating

WCW_1_Banner

Ozzie says he's watching this next match closely. He'll be ready for his next challenger at The Great American Bash, in two weeks. He's the first and only wCw champion and that will never change.

Rating

WCW_1_Banner

#1 CONTENDER MATCH

RICKY TURNER VS JAMES DIAZ VS K.C. AVATAR

Ricky_Turner.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsVS.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsJames_Diaz_alt.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsVS.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsKP%20Avatar.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

In a bout that had good wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, K.P. Avatar defeated James Diaz and Ricky Turner in 20:23 when K.P. Avatar pinned James Diaz with a That Funky Funky Elbow Drop. K.P. Avatar is the #1 Contender for the wCw Championship.

Match Rating

WCW_1_Banner

K.C. tells Ozzie that at The Great American Bash, he's coming for him and the wCw Championship.

Rating

WCW_1_Banner

MAIN EVENT

OZZIE GOLDSTEIN © VS JACK PRYDE - NON-TITLE

Ozzie_Goldstein.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsVS.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsPrime_Time_Jack_Pryde.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

In a bout that had good wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, Ozzie Goldstein defeated Prime Time Jack Pryde in 10:23 by pinfall with a Golden Shower.

Match Rating

WCW_1_Banner

Overall Show Rating

Everything was finalized for the Great American Bash next week.

I leaned back in my chair and looked at the SCCW Championship I had above the office door.

It had been one of the first titles I had created for a known company. I was lucky enough to have been able to get this one prior to SCCW closing it's doors. I was even luckier to have Jack Griffin and Whistler both sign the back of it.

"You've got mail" pulled me from my thoughts. I've always used that sound file for my incoming mail. It reminded me of the good ol' days of dial up internet and America Online.

I clicked the inbox and opened the email from the Confederation of the Territories.

It was straight to the point.

"We appreciate your interest in joining the COTT, but at this time your company does not meet the requirements for membership."

No other explanation, just thanks, but no thanks.

I sat back again and wondered aloud. "I thought that was the whole point of the COTT, to help out the smaller promotions. To help wrestlers get more experience and popularity in other areas of the country and even the world."

I had half a mind to just start my own alliance.

Anyway, maybe it's because we are brand new. Maybe the COTT powers that be want to make sure that we are going to stay around for the long haul.

Anyway, no COTT membership for us at this point.

WCW_Great_American_Bash_2.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

wCw THE GREAT AMERICAN BASH

Aug 2020

Wk 4 Sat

Bay County Fair Grounds

Panama City, FL

124 in attendance

I welcome everyone to The Great American Bash.

I run down the card for the night and wish everyone good luck tonight.

Rating

GAB.png?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

OPENING MATCH

SINGLES MATCH

Twenty Minute Time Limit

"PRIME TIME" JACK PRYDE VS CHIP MARTIN

Prime_Time_Jack_Pryde.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsVS.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsChip_Martin.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling,

Prime Time Jack Pryde defeated Chip Martin in 12:15 by pinfall with a PrydeFall

following interference from the large, hooded figure.

Match Rating

Ozzie is backstage and says he is not worried about tonight.

The man with the Midas Touch will still have gold after tonight.

Rating

SINGLES MATCH

Twenty Minute Time Limit

JAMES DIAZ VS PEPPER PELTON

James_Diaz_alt.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsVS.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsPepper_Pelton.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

In a decent match, James Diaz defeated Pepper Pelton in 12:07 by pinfall with an Asian Thumb Spike.

Match Rating

SINGLES MATCH

Twenty Minute Time Limit

RICKY TURNER VS JACK AVATAR

Ricky_Turner.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsVS.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsJack_Avatar_alt.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

In a decent match, Ricky Turner defeated Jack Avatar in 19:39 by submission with a Figure Four Leglock.

Match Rating

K.P. runs down Ozzie before their match. He’s ready to lead this company in a better, "funkier" direction.

Rating

MAIN EVENT

wCw CHAMPIONSHIP

Twenty Minute Time Limit

wCw_Champion.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

OZZIE GOLDSTEIN © VS K.P. AVATAR

Ozzie_Goldstein.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsVS.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsKP%20Avatar.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

In a bout that had superb wrestling and good heat,

Ozzie Goldstein defeated K.P. Avatar in 19:33 by pinfall with

a Golden Shower.

Ozzie Goldstein makes defence number one of the wCw Championship title.

Match Rating

Ozzie is celebrating when unfamiliar music begins to play.

Through the curtain steps...

Davis_Wayne_Newton.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

Davis Wayne Newton.

Davis has a mic and looks around for a second

before locking eyes with Ozzie in the ring. "So this is wCw, huh?

Looks nice." Newton immediately walks back through the curtain to end the show.

DWN is in wCw!!!

Rating

Overall Show Rating

wCw4

wCw_Mayhem

wCw MAYHEM

SEP 2020

WED WK2

Panama City, FL

128 in attendance

WCW_1_Banner

Davis_Wayne_Newton.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsOzzie_Goldstein.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

DWN starts the show in the ring. “Not going to waste any time. Ozzie, I challenge you for your title.”

Ozzie comes out and declines. "You don't just show up and demand title shots. Earn it first."

DWN just smirks as Ozzie leaves through the curtain.

Rating

JAMES DIAZ VS CHIP MARTIN

James_Diaz_alt.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsVS.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsChip_Martin.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

In a decent match, James Diaz defeated Chip Martin in 7:33 by pinfall with an Asian Thumb Spike.

Match Rating

WCW_1_Banner

After the match, both Diaz and Martin are attacked by the large, hooded figure.

The hooded figure tosses Diaz out of the ring before laying Martin out.

The figure leaves again through the crowd.

Rating

K.P. AVATAR VS "PRIME TIME" JACK PRYDE

KP%20Avatar.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsVS.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsPrime_Time_Jack_Pryde.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

In a decent match, K.P. Avatar defeated Prime Time Jack Pryde in 9:58 by pinfall with a That Funky Funky Elbow Drop.

Match Rating

WCW_1_Banner

K.P. apologizes for not winning the wCw Championship. Says he will not squander any other chances. Tonight, starts his climb back to the top.

Rating

WCW_1_Banner

DWN VS CHARLIE CORNER

Davis_Wayne_Newton.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsVS.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsCharlie_Corner_alt.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

In a bout that had good wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, Davis Wayne Newton defeated Charlie Corner in 9:47 by submission with a STF.

Match Rating

WCW_1_Banner

Ozzie_Goldstein.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsDavis_Wayne_Newton.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

Both DWN and Ozzie cross paths and stare at each other before DWN smirks and heads to the back while Ozzie continues to the ring for his match.

The fans start chanting, ”FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!”

Rating

WCW_1_Banner

MAIN EVENT

OZZIE GOLDSTEIN © VS RICKY TURNER - NON-TITLE

Ozzie_Goldstein.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsVS.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=boundsRicky_Turner.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

In a bout that had superb wrestling and good heat, Ozzie Goldstein defeated Ricky Turner in 16:06 by pinfall with a Golden Shower.

Match Rating

WCW_1_Banner

Overall Show Rating