WCW 1998: War, Dissension, & The Future

<div style="padding: 5px; border: 5px solid #d40f0f; margin:2px;background: #ffffff; max-width:60%; box-shadow: 0 3px 12px ";>

iuiiZzI.jpg

Preface

<div style="padding: 0px; border: 0px solid #FFFFF; margin:2px;background: #f58282; max-width:60%; ";">

Welcome to
!

Before I get into what the plans are for this diary i just wanted to say that I'm
really
hoping this diary does not go the way of my WLW Diary so I will be pushing myself to be active here with this diary. My apologies to anyone who was interested in that diary only for it to become inactive. I may one day bring it back but I'm not sure.

Now, for what i plan to do with this diary and save. Firstly we have the possible cliché of saving WCW, this time however it's before things get really bad. Another goal i have for this save and building up and pushing the future of WCW and Pro Wrestling. This will be partially achieved via the National Wrestling Federation (NWF) which will serve as a developmental company to WCW.

The Story behind the NWF is that Eric Bischoff was looking for a way to build up the future of WCW to make sure that WCW lasts but didn't really know how to do so. One day Dusty Rhodes came to him and suggested that they open a developmental company with Dusty Volunteering to be the Head Booker of said company. (OOC: Originally i gave the Head Booker role to Gary Hart but decided it'd make more sense with Dusty, Gary does still stay with the NWF however.) During one of their one on one meetings with each other about the proposed company Dusty told Eric that he may be able to pull some strings to bring one of his old bosses back into the wrestling world as the owner of the company. That boss was none other than former JCP/WCW Promoter Jim Crockett Jr. Jim, Eric, and Dusty Came up with the name as a little homage to WCW and JCP's past in the NWA. With Jim and Dusty at the reigns Eric Felt that the future of WCW was in Good hands.

I will be posting The NWF Roster and Titles alongside when the roster and other things are finalized. For now they will either not be in the posts or will be left blank until i finalize things.

Acknowledgements:
Thank you to
mimimikuri
letting me use their format for the border and such in this and the following posts.

<div style="padding: 5px; border: 5px solid #d40f0f; margin:2px;background: #ffffff; max-width:60%; box-shadow: 0 3px 12px ";>

iuiiZzI.jpg

Preface

<div style="padding: 0px; border: 0px solid #FFFFF; margin:2px;background: #f58282; max-width:60%; ";">

Welcome to
!

Before I get into what the plans are for this diary i just wanted to say that I'm
really
hoping this diary does not go the way of my WLW Diary so I will be pushing myself to be active here with this diary. My apologies to anyone who was interested in that diary only for it to become inactive. I may one day bring it back but I'm not sure.

Now, for what i plan to do with this diary and save. Firstly we have the possible cliché of saving WCW, this time however it's before things get really bad. Another goal i have for this save and building up and pushing the future of WCW and Pro Wrestling. This will be partially achieved via the National Wrestling Federation (NWF) which will serve as a developmental company to WCW.

The Story behind the NWF is that Eric Bischoff was looking for a way to build up the future of WCW to make sure that WCW lasts but didn't really know how to do so. One day Dusty Rhodes came to him and suggested that they open a developmental company with Dusty Volunteering to be the Head Booker of said company. (OOC: Originally i gave the Head Booker role to Gary Hart but decided it'd make more sense with Dusty, Gary does still stay with the NWF however.) During one of their one on one meetings with each other about the proposed company Dusty told Eric that he may be able to pull some strings to bring one of his old bosses back into the wrestling world as the owner of the company. That boss was none other than former JCP/WCW Promoter Jim Crockett Jr. Jim, Eric, and Dusty Came up with the name as a little homage to WCW and JCP's past in the NWA. With Jim and Dusty at the reigns Eric Felt that the future of WCW was in Good hands.

I will be posting The NWF Roster and Titles alongside when the roster and other things are finalized. For now they will either not be in the posts or will be left blank until i finalize things.

Acknowledgements:
Thank you to
mimimikuri
letting me use their format for the border and such in this and the following posts.

<div style="padding: 5px; border: 5px solid #d40f0f; margin:2px;background: #ffffff; max-width:85%; box-shadow: 0 3px 12px ";>

iuiiZzI.jpg

World Championship Wrestling Roster:

Major Stars:

"Hollywood" Hulk Hogan (Managed by Eric Bischoff) - "Nature Boy" Ric Flair - Sting

<hr color = Black>

Stars:

Diamond Dallas Page (Managed by Kimberly Page) - Goldberg - Kevin Nash - "Macho Man" Randy Savage (Managed by Elizabeth) - The Giant

<hr color = black>

Well Known:

Bret Hart - Chris Benoit - Curt Hennig (Managed by Rick Rude) - Lex Luger - Scott Hall (Managed by Louie Spicolli) - Scott Steiner (Managed by Ted DiBiase)

<hr color = black>

Recognizable:

Booker T - Buff Bagwell - Chris Jericho - Davey Boy Smith - Dean Malenko - Eddie Guerrero - Hugh Morrus (Managed by Jimmy Hart) - Jim Duggan - Jim Neidhart - Konnan - Meng (Managed by Jimmy Hart) - Michael Wallstreet - Raven - Ray Traylor - Rey Mysterio Jr. - Rick Steiner (Managed by Ted Dibiase) - Saturn - Scott Norton - Steve "Mongo" McMichael - Syxx - The Barbarian

<hr color = black>

Unimportant:

Alex Wright - Black Cat - Bobby Eaton - Brad Armstrong - Chavo Guerrero Jr. - Chris Adams - Damian - Dave Taylor - Disco Inferno - El Dandy - Ernest Miller - Fit Finlay - Glacier - Hammer - Hector Garza - Jim Powers - John Nord - Johnny Grunge - Juventud Guerrera - Kendall Windham - Kidman - La Parka - Lenny Lane - Lizmark Jr. - Lodi - Louie Spicolli - Marty Jannetty - Mean Mike - Mike Enos - Mortis (Managed by James Vandenberg) - Norman Smiley - Prince Iaukea - Psychosis - Reese - Riggs - Roadblock - Rocco Rock - Scott Armstrong - Sgt. Buddy Lee Parker - Sick Boy - Silver King - Stevie Ray - Tough Tom - Ultimo Dragon - Vincent - Wayne Bloom - Wrath (Managed by James Vandenberg)

<hr color = black>

Cruiserweight Division:

Alex Wright - Black Cat - Chavo Guerrero Jr. - Damian - Dean Malenko - Disco Inferno - Eddie Guerrero - El Dandy - Hector Garza - Juventud Guerrera Kidman - Prince Iaukea - Psychosis - Rey Mysterio Jr. - Silver King - Ultimo Dragon

<div style="padding: 5px; border: 5px solid #f22e66; margin:2px;background: #ffffff; max-width:85%; box-shadow: 0 3px 12px ";>

iuiiZzI.jpg

Tag Team and Faction Directory:

<div style="padding: 0px; border: 0px solid #000000; margin:2px;background: #fcf2f9; max-width:73%; ";">

<details><summary>New World Order</summary>

New World Order

1996 - present, 13 member mixed group

Leader: "Hollywood" Hulk Hogan

Members: Buff Bagwell, Curt Hennig, "Hollywood" Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash, Konnan, Louie Spicolli, "Macho Man" Randy Savage, Scott Hall, Scott Norton, Syxx, Vincent

Manager(s): Elizabeth, Rick Rude

•••

Tag Teams: The Outsiders (Scott Hall & Kevin Nash), Vicious & Delicious (Buff Bagwell & Scott Norton)

<hr color = #000000; size="1">

Championships and Accomplishments:

WCW Cruiserweight Championship (1 time) – Syxx

WCW United States Heavyweight Championship (1 time) – Curt Hennig (1)

WCW World Heavyweight Championship (2 times) – Hollywood Hogan (2)

WCW World Tag Team Championship (3 times) – Kevin Nash and Scott Hall (2) Kevin Nash, Scott Hall & Syxx (1)

World War 3 (2 times):

The Giant (1996)

Scott Hall (1997)

<div style="padding: 0px; border: 0px solid #000000; margin:2px;background: #fcf2f9; max-width:73%; ";">

<details><summary>The Flock</summary>

The Flock

1997 - present, 8 member male group

Leader: Raven

Members: Hammer, Kidman, Lodi, Raven, Reese, Riggs, Saturn, Sick Boy

•••

Tag Teams: None

<hr color = #000000; size="1">

Championships and Accomplishments:

WCW World Television Championship (1 time) – Saturn

OOC: Quick Note before i post the Card for the First Nitro of 98, i'll be finishing up the Championship histories and such as i can. I've been on and off busy and distracted with other things. When i get further into the save i will probably add previews below to explain the story thus far like mimimikuri did in their SFPW save.

<div style="padding: 5px; border: 5px solid #000000; margin:5px;background: #f58282; max-width:50%; ";">

WCW Nitro

January 5th 1998 @ New Orleans Arena in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA

Ct4nWag.jpg

Main Event:

Lex Luger & The Steiner Brothers
VS.
New World Order (Randy Savage, Buff Bagwell & Scott Norton)

Open Challenge:

Chris Jericho
VS.
???

Goldberg
VS.
Michael Wallstreet

WCW World Television Title Match:

Booker T ©
VS.
Konnan

Chris Benoit
VS.
??? (A New Flock Member)

Dean Malenko
VS.
Psychosis

Eddie Guerrero
VS.
Hugh Morrus

Prediction Key

Lex Luger & The Steiner Brothers VS. New World Order (Randy Savage, Buff Bagwell & Scott Norton)

Open Challenge:

Chris Jericho VS. ???

Goldberg VS. Michael Wallstreet

Booker T © VS. Konnan

Chris Benoit VS. ??? (A New Flock Member)

Dean Malenko VS. Psychosis

Eddie Guerrero VS. Hugh Morrus

Bonus Points if you Guess the Open Challenge Opponent and The New Flock Member.

Lex Luger & The Steiner Brothers VS. New World Order (Randy Savage, Buff Bagwell & Scott Norton)

Open Challenge:

Chris Jericho VS. ???

Booker T © VS. Konnan

Open Challenge: Lenny Lane

New Flock Member: Horace

Open Challenge:

Chris Jericho VS. ???(Shane Helms)

Booker T © VS. Konnan

Chris Benoit VS. ??? (Justin Credible)

Open Challenge:

Chris Jericho VS. ???

Booker T © VS. Konnan

Open Challenge: Disco Inferno

New Flock Member: Rhino