Death of the Territories Released

The Las Vegas Jackpot! Bah. Can't believe I forgot that. :) Thanks Vlad. [QUOTE=bplotkin]Any word on version 1.25?[/QUOTE] I'm about a fourth of the way finished with the worker profile recuts (talk about a freaking drag, heh... all for a stupid border). As soon as I get a majority done I will bundle everything up and release v1.25. And I'm glad you swung over to WreSpi2, Chris2K. I've yet to play with Dynamite Jr. If you see anything wrong with Benoit's move set, please let me know.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was goofing around today and I noticed something is wrong with the moves "Flair Knife Edge Chop" and "Wahoo Knife Edge Chop";If you go into the move editor both moves are there but neither fellow has them in their moveset,and if you try to edit their moveset it is not available to them (or anyone else for that matter either). The move editor has the requirements for both listed as 0% across the board.

D.Boon, here are a couple of names and who they became (some you may already have) Richard Fliehr ---> Ric Flair Maurice "Mad Dog" Vachon Paul "Butcher" Vachon Edward "Wahoo" McDaniel (BTW, he was part Choctaw and part Chickasaw) Wayne Coleman ---> Superstar Billy Graham Hossein Khosrow Vaziri ---> Iron Sheik Bob Windham ---> Blackjack Mulligan Richard Blood ---> Ricky Steamboat Tim Woods (given name was George Burrell Woodin) ---> Mr. Wrestling Johnny Walker ---> Mr. Wrestling II Shohei "Giant" Baba Mark Lewin ---> The Purple Haze Michael Hickenbottom ---> Shawn Michaels Paul Levesque ---> Hunter Hearst Helmsley (AKA Triple H) Marty Lunde ---> Arn Anderson Chris Irvine ---> Chris Jericho I don't know if my friend still has the book, but the book contains the real names of the wrestlers.

Crud. Joint, Maple Leaf and New Japan shouldn't have had that check, though everyone else is by design. The lucha and Canadian crowds are always pretty rowdy and I wanted to represent the changing of the ways with All-Star U.K.'s more vocal crowds. Those three promotions are corrected for the v1.25 update. Which, by the way, should be released pretty soon. Everything is done except for the final testing on the new data. Thanks for that, JWideman.

Looking forward to v1.25 - especially now it's the school holidays, no more teaching for 6 weeks means I'll get a chance to finish the tourney and then maybe get a dynasty going! Trying to decide between a) Robbie Brookside!! b) RTL women's game, concentrating on the awesome GLOW (playing one at the moment with an Incredible rookie just to pass the time and it's amazing, but if I do a dynasty I'd make it Realistic.) c) RTL game with hardcore rookie.

[QUOTE=damiende]Any new wrestlers in the next update? After a bit of playing it seems that some of the promotions could use a few more workers. It's a bit tiresome to defend the title against the same worker over and over again. Daniel[/QUOTE] :) Check out the main forums; it's not a complaint limited to data set. For the most part, all DOTT promotions are stacked to the gills (as evidenced by the mass firings at the beginning). Adding more guys to those feds that do happen to be light probably will not help much. Promotion sizes limit how many of each roster slot is open to the fed. If you are one of four Midcarders (two face/two heel) and are a mid-level champion, you are going to be limited to how many people are available to fight you for said title. It's just the way it is, alas. I try to look at it as if the booking philosophy back then seeped into WreSpi. After all, they used to book the same match each night on a multi-stop tour (and probably still do). It helps. Heh. ------------------ The only thing holding up the update is my indecision on/testing out U.S. promotion sizes. If anyone can tell me in absolutes that promotions grow, I shall leave the set up as I currently have it. To be honest, I'm not quite sure. I've a save here that is a year in, and none of the promotions are moving either way. Every other test I am running (and have run) backs that up. I've come to the conclusion that at least one U.S. National promotion is needed for gameplay purposes. While it works in TEW, if the biggest promotion(s) in Wrestling Spirit stays at Cult long-term, there is really no point to playing in that country after awhile. The big bucks will be in working New Japan, EMLL, or Joint -- and I do not like the idea. As it stands, if you start off as a regional star like Gino Hernandez (who starts off head-lining two Small promotions), you can get hired to the two biggest U.S. promotions right off the bat. That stinks. I'd rather earn that position. On top of that, Rookie-to-Legends can start off at Regionals now; Cult is only one step up the ladder. After that, you stagnate in the U.S. Of course, that opens the doors to those more attuned to the era bitching about 'lack of realism'; [I]"U.S. Nationals in 1983?? What are you... a hippie?!?"[/I]. Again, it's all about the gameplay. If this last batch of tests I am running don't show any promotion changes, I am going to go ahead and start the scenario with at least the WWF as National. I may even set the date to April 1984 so that MACW can also be set as National as means of choice... And to justify myself to those that download it and start their yapping. ;) Either way, it will be soon. I've already got an '84 set pretty much done; it's just a matter of plugging it in and adjusting as I see fit.

[QUOTE=Jaded]Looking forward to v1.25 - especially now it's the school holidays, no more teaching for 6 weeks means I'll get a chance to finish the tourney and then maybe get a dynasty going! Trying to decide between a) Robbie Brookside!! b) RTL women's game, concentrating on the awesome GLOW (playing one at the moment with an Incredible rookie just to pass the time and it's amazing, but if I do a dynasty I'd make it Realistic.) c) RTL game with hardcore rookie.[/QUOTE] Given that most of the GLOW girls are hardly joshi class wrestlers, you should have an easy time of it with realistic. Damn. That actually sounds like it could be fun. I'm going to do that. Maybe not a dynasty though. Oops! Turns out that not only does GLOW fire a bunch of workers after the first show, they consider a rookie a main eventer. I've been getting my butt kicked by California Doll. D. Boon's Ghost, can you take a look at GLOW and see if you can fix it so that they keep more girls?

I have to say GLOW is the most fun I've had, fluked a win in my first match (someone, possibly Fuji, missed the women's splash and I got the cheap pin straight after) and catapulted myself into the upper midcard, then teamed with Matilda to beat the hell out of all the poor faces :) Now turned babyface myself and feuding with Tilda, teaming with California Doll occassionally.

For those interested... I have bundled up the entirety of the [URL="http://cyclopsltd.net/images/DOTT_Graphics.exe"]New scenario Graphics[/URL]. Included are new background game Screens for career mode and matches, new game Graphics, and new worker profile pics, promotion logos, and belts to better fit the new screens. I also redid a few moves, so those are included as well. To install, just extract the .exe somewhere, then place the files in their corresponding directories: All files in the [B]Screens[/B] folder go into your [B]GDS\WreSpi2\Screens[/B] directory, [B]Graphics[/B] go into your [B]GDS\WreSpi2\Graphics[/B] directory, I have included the original screens and graphics, on the chance you decide to switch back. All of the old screens have a _2 or _OLD suffix; just rename them and you will have the originals. --------- They ended up coming out pretty well, considering the operator. :) Enjoy! The data part of the update should be out soon enough. Thanks, Adam!

Hey Boon, Can't wait for the update :) In my game, The Original Kendo Nagasaki's just hit the Kamikaze Crash and I notice it has 0% success rate - should it be able to finish a match, since it's his big move? Just thought I'd mention it. BTW, am getting ready for some GLOW Dynasty goodness once the new version comes out :)

Ouch... on my end Nagasaki's Kamikaze Crash is set to 24% Frequency/88% Success, Jaded. I might have corrected that earlier on in the process, but can not recall. Either way, it will be fixed on v1.25. :) And I cant wait for the return of your GLOW diary! It was a great read.

I have posted the latest scenario update, for those interested (at least Jaded is! :) ). [URL="http://cyclopsltd.net/images/D.O.T.T_v1.25.zip"]v1.25[/URL] (this is just the data... for those that have downloaded the latest graphics and whatnot) Adam corrected the lack of promotion growth in the latest WreSpi2 patch, so I highly recommend snagging it. The multiple tests Socko and I ran have shown expected growth, so all should be good to go. Here are the changes: *[u]Worker(s) Added[/u]: Villano V, Captain Ed George, Chuck Allen, Joyce Farhat *[U]Promotion(s) Added[/U]: Detroit Championship Wrestling (Small/Great Lakes/Sports Entertainment) *[u]Gameworld Tweaks[/u]: Promotional Pacts reworked -- Promotional A.I. sliders tweaked for several promotions -- EMLL raised to National level -- WCCW raised to Cult -- AWA, CWA (Memphis), Maple Leaf, WWF, MACW, CWF, and GCW starting rosters reworked -- Dick the Bruiser, The Crusher, Ray Stevens, & The Sheik made Active (heh) -- AAA (Mexico) and LLPW (Japan) added as Future Promotions -- Chigusa Nagayo's contract fixed -- Various Move tweaks -- Various Worker Tweaks -- Various Tag Team completions/additions -- Added Villano V into Mendosa family relationships -- Added Miss Linda and Nacho King relationship -- Added a couple of Billy Jack Haynes relationships -- all new scenario backgrounds -- recut worker pictures -- Farhat family relationships completed (Sheik married to Joyce Farhat - blood relatives to Capt. Ed George) *[u]Moves Added[/u]: Deep Arm Drag, Falling Double Axe Handle, Running Knee to Back, Punch to Arm, Charged Leg Sweep Kick, Grounded Bear Mauling, Kendo Stick Blast to Back, Kendo Stick Blast to Head, Arm Wringer Shoulder Headbutt, Hypnosis Attack, Grounded Hypnosis Attack, The Las Vegas Jackpot *[u]Move set Tweaks[/u]: Buddy Rose, Randy Savage, Ricky Steamboat, The Original Kendo Nagasaki, Hulkamania, Bob Backlund, Nick Bockwinkel, The Cult of Boston, Limb Marksman - Mid, the Andersons, David Schults, the Vachons, Bull Nakano, Akira Hokuto, Manami Toyota, Steven Regal, Fit Finlay, Eddie Guerrero, Tony St. Clair, Chris Adams Hero, Chris Adams Villain, Davey Boy Smith, Dynamite Kid, Rock and Roll Express, MS-1, Various Luchador sets *[u]Move sets Added[/u]: Gino Hernandez, Hero -- Villano V Enjoy! (Hopefully one or two of you will - heh)

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]As a fellow obsessive character (right mate? ;)), I'd just like to publicly thank Boon for his dedication and continued work on DOTT. Not only is he an incredibly talented man, he's an extremely friendly guy to boot. :) ... now get back to that tweaking before I set Nick Patrick on you! :D [/FONT]

D.Boon, "Brother Love" technically didn't introduce the Undertaker to the public. He was, however, his first manager before being "sold" to Paul Bearer (William Moody). Ted Dibiase introduced the Undertaker as his fourth partner live at the Survivor Series in November, 1990. Just an FYI.

Archived