Need assistance with a mod.

Hi. Ive been working on a mod for TEW05 and now I need a bit of help for it. Its a mod based off of StreetFighter Tekken and many various other fighting game archtypes. Its pretty much data from scratch and Im almost a few days away from a Beta release consisting of Street Fighter. If you can offer some help or are interested more in this project, pm me please. In all honesty I expect this not to be too popular of a mod for the sheer reason that most of the kids on here dont even remember what Street Fighter is. Im only looking for people with some knowledge of the popular fighting games. Thank You.

Well I need a bit of help with evaluating stats. Im currently putting the stats in as cutting the pics was a major pain (along with finding them) I do have MK in the works but I was trying to keep that hush :P I have over 14 fighting games on the deck, but Im starting out with the core of it SF. As far as MK goes how well do you know it? Have you ever watched the anime's or read the comics? Do you know of some decent sites where i can find valuable pics and info? (besides the core mk/midway sites). I also need help with the back ground stages and need the names/locations if possible. I have plans for that as well, along with new gimmicks to conform to the mod series. I have alot of plans on deck but I am a bit overwhelmed. If your interested let me know.

ahh, im probably not the man your looking for then! I doubt i could name more than 8 characters - let alone remember back storys and stuff, there was a MK film though, atually i think there was a couple of them so it should be a fairly easy one to research as for stats if you were thinking of going the random route i have a link to a random nuber generator if you want it.

Definately not trying to go random. Im too much a perfectionist for that. Back-stories arent much needed, if only for the sake that the games (other than snk+capcom) dont really mesh anyways. However perhpas you would be interested in making a few "custom" storylines? Nothing like your last release but perhaps something a little general that would fit this mod?

Have you tried crusing around [url]http://gamefaqs.com/[/url] for some fighting game info? Anyway I was a huge arcade 2D fighting gamer back in the day, I played them all from Street Fighter (the first one) to King of Fighters to even obscure Japanese only releases like Slap Happy Rythm Busters. Just hit me up if you have any questions about them.

Gamefaqs is good for the names of finishers and thats about it. Most of the walkthrough faqs are so barebones you can tell the only reason some people put em up there is for "kudo's" sake. Which is fine. But of little use to me. You say your a KOF fan? would that also happen to include some Art of Fighting as well? Would love to have some input on where you stand with the whole SNK vs Capcom scenario....

Yeah, of course, I'm a big SNK fan. If you plan on breaking up each game as a different fed, I would suggest King of Fighters as a fed, and having Fatal Fury, Arts of Fighting and possibly Aggressors of Dark Kombat as developmental feds. Of course for Capcom, you have Street Fighter (you could make two feds from it, the SFII cast and the Alpha cast along with III), Darkstalkers, and Battle Bots maybe.

In all these matters, your first stop should be Wikipedia. At the very least, you'll find links to many fan sites, and from there you go on to the more obscure fan sites, and eventually you find someone who's sat down and worked out all the respective combos, relative damage values, chances of cross-series romances and so on. Chances are that person will still cite SF2: World Warrior as their favourite game of all time - that or the original Tekken... :)

[QUOTE=James Casey]In all these matters, your first stop should be Wikipedia. At the very least, you'll find links to many fan sites, and from there you go on to the more obscure fan sites, and eventually you find someone who's sat down and worked out all the respective combos, relative damage values, chances of cross-series romances and so on. Chances are that person will still cite SF2: World Warrior as their favourite game of all time - that or the original Tekken... :)[/QUOTE] Both of those are going to be in there. Im going to release just the SF portion in a couple days as a Beta. Then I will work on adding additional feds/aka fighting games. But just because your a bit of a fan... heres a link to my intro screen for TEW... just to wet your palette. [url]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v196/Pyro013/main.jpg[/url]

Not sure if you have already used it for a research tool, but [url]http://www.wikipedia.org/[/url] is an excellent place to get info on various fighting games. With enough patience you should be able to find every character for all of the various games. I just love that site.

Unfortunately Wikpedia is often incorrect... or at least has been with some of my SF research. I mean very very incorrect. Reason is because just any joe schmoo can go in there write or edit anything they want. Therefore official story-lines and described manuevers have been wrong there and substituted with alot of false names and god knows why else. Its a good place for pics of some of the characters but more often than not I already have a better pic from somewhere else. Research isnt a problem for the games I know intricately like the SF series and Tekken.. however I know alot of people want MK and a couple other games in there as well , and to be honest I dont have the knowledge of MK to be able to finish that part of the mod accurately. Ive just dled about 3 hours worth of movies from MK so Im praying that might help. Still... I need a bit of legwork help if anyone is still interested....

I can help you out with anything SNK related. Mortal Kombat on the other hand... that game has a weird story. Also don't sweat it too much if you don't the entier story of SF or KoF, both games stories have been under heavy debate.

[QUOTE=Steam☆Odin]I can help you out with anything SNK related. Mortal Kombat on the other hand... that game has a weird story. Also don't sweat it too much if you don't the entier story of SF or KoF, both games stories have been under heavy debate.[/QUOTE] LOL. I see you follow the story... I have 4.4 SF storyline... which equals over 400 pages of ...stuff. when they added in SNK's 700 pages.. I damn near crapped myself. Theres no way I can read that top to bottom... yeah SNK help would be appreciated. I believe I sent you my messenger..

Archived