AI should sign up talented workers

In every save I make CWA go bust after two years and all their prime talent just sits unemployed for years until I eventually sign them. I think talent like Aaron Knight, Shooter Sean Deeley, Skip Beau and Christian Price should be recognised by the big three and signed up as soon as they become available.

Or maybe CWA could be given more of chance to survive :)

In every save I make CWA go bust after two years and all their prime talent just sits unemployed for years until I eventually sign them. I think talent like Aaron Knight, Shooter Sean Deeley, Skip Beau and Christian Price should be recognised by the big three and signed up as soon as they become available.

Or maybe CWA could be given more of chance to survive :)

Agreed, seems like the bigger companies could be more aggressive in signing extremely talented workers who aren't necessarily over in USA. The AI should be able to recognize these guys as main event level talents.

Well even when the AI does sign them they pay them 6 figures a month to be stuck at unimportant and never push these world class foreigners :confused:

It's been an age old problem in TEW. The AI values popularity above all so talented unknowns are left to wither on the vine or - as Showtime says - even worse, companies offer huge contracts to foreign superstars who then languish at the bottom of the card despite being paid millions.

I often wonder if the AI should get some serious buffs in terms of popularity growth for its workers and whether that would help with this particular issue. 2020 seems to do a better job than any previous version of having the AI cycle talent up and down the card (eg I made it to 2023 in my PSW save and Nick Booth had doubled his popularity from game start over in TCW) but I still find it's an issue.

The AI will book someone strong for months only to put 2 or 3 points of pop onto a worker. You can book someone in one squash match on a USPW B Show and get more growth than that in one night. The AI would never be able to turn these talented unknowns into stars even if they did sign them up.

It's a major problem in the game and as Sid says, it's an AI problem. When one of the big US companies signs someone who's a name in Canada or Mexico, etc, I usually manually edit their popularity to make sure they don't get wasted. It goes deeper too, as AI companies don't sign based on worker availabilty, they only sign based on their own needs. So the best worker in the world could theoretically become available, but if a company already has their minimum number of workers, they won't try to sign them! Unless another company offers them a certain amount of money that triggers a predator offer. Then, when they do need someone when others leave or retire, the AI looks at current popularity instead of ability, so Texas Pete always gets signed by USPW while they leave Ernest Youngman, Nelson Callum, Logan Wolfsbaine, Cougar, Frankie Perez, etc. floundering on the indies working one match per month. It's crazy and it really needs looked at if there is another game in the series.