CGC: From The Ground (2018 Alternate CornellVerse Mod)

Hello, everyone!

As an avid TEW player for the past couple of years, playing the 2010 release and buying 2020 last autumn, I was always fascinated by the CornellVerse, but especially I have been drawn to struggling companies. TCW, GCG, OLLIE and DIW have been my longest and most successful save files (alongside NYCW when I just wanted to put the entire east coast indy scene in one place and see what happens).

After downloading this mod a couple months ago, without much time to check it out, I was drawn to the CGC narrative. This was a company that had a lot of my favorite wrestlers in the 2010 version, and the changes of basically everyone other than Joey and Whippy being gone is very intriguing. So I decided I should do what I do best in this game and that is claw my way to save a sinking ship, and most likely fail.

This diairy will be my first attempt at doing something like this, and I am Greek so bear with any mistakes with my english, everything that is messed up I will try to clarify lol.

• This dynasty will be updated between TV shows probably more often than once a week, with more time being left for the PPVs and predictions to roll in.
  • My avatar will be Adrian Garcia, with an introductory write-up about how this comes to be and what the first moves of the save will be.
  • I will try my best to give some visual access to what is going on in-game, but you will probably have to rely on big blocks of text mostly.

All feedback is appreciated, but I will keep trucking along regardless because this save seems a lot of fun! Thanks to lavelleuk who made this mod, the countless people who work on enhancing the TEW experience, and everyone who is going to be along for the ride.

Hello, everyone!

As an avid TEW player for the past couple of years, playing the 2010 release and buying 2020 last autumn, I was always fascinated by the CornellVerse, but especially I have been drawn to struggling companies. TCW, GCG, OLLIE and DIW have been my longest and most successful save files (alongside NYCW when I just wanted to put the entire east coast indy scene in one place and see what happens).

After downloading this mod a couple months ago, without much time to check it out, I was drawn to the CGC narrative. This was a company that had a lot of my favorite wrestlers in the 2010 version, and the changes of basically everyone other than Joey and Whippy being gone is very intriguing. So I decided I should do what I do best in this game and that is claw my way to save a sinking ship, and most likely fail.

This diairy will be my first attempt at doing something like this, and I am Greek so bear with any mistakes with my english, everything that is messed up I will try to clarify lol.

• This dynasty will be updated between TV shows probably more often than once a week, with more time being left for the PPVs and predictions to roll in.
  • My avatar will be Adrian Garcia, with an introductory write-up about how this comes to be and what the first moves of the save will be.
  • I will try my best to give some visual access to what is going on in-game, but you will probably have to rely on big blocks of text mostly.

All feedback is appreciated, but I will keep trucking along regardless because this save seems a lot of fun! Thanks to lavelleuk who made this mod, the countless people who work on enhancing the TEW experience, and everyone who is going to be along for the ride.

Vancouver, late December 2017, CGC HQ.

It was a shitty night. And a rainy one. Alex had called us in for some extra production work, although that was probably code for rewriting Sunday's show. Not the ideal way to spend my Friday, but I'd manage.

I left my raincoat outside the office and went in, surprised to only find the boss in, waiting for me.

Alex: "Take a seat, Adrian."

Shit. I took a seat and expected to be wished luck in my future endeavors.

Alex: "So, as you can tell, this isn't a regular meeting. I am here to make a really important announcement to you. As you know the past few months we have had quite a lot of extra workload to get the regular programming out, and the process has been less than smooth."

An understatement. Alex De Colt's ever deteriorating patience and mental state has been a strain and cloud hanging over all of us, as have been the constant rewrites and...weird recruitment choices.

Alex: "This is why I made the very tough choice to take a bit of a step back and pass the book along. This was a decision based mostly on loyalty and longevity, and you've been one of the best and longest serving members of this company. Specifically, third longest! But Chance wasn't interested, and Dan was disqualified as he'd basically just ask me about any choice and it'd be like I still have the book. Which means that... if you want it, you are the new head booker of Canadian Golden Combat."

I almost jumped from my seat. Not only had I wanted to get the book (any book, even) for quite a while, but also pleasant surprises hadn't been in abundance lately in De Colt land.

Garcia: "I'd love to, Alex. But you have to understand I need assurances about my job."

Alex: "It's simple. You get a bit over two years to reverse the decline. You need to build a roster like it was in the 05-12 golden age. Versatility in the wrestlers, recognizable stars, many valid world champions. We have some good prospects, some loyal vets that our core fanbase loves. You can do it. But if it all gets worse, well, the good ol' times won't save your job."

I nodded. There was some things to work with. I'd just need to fire the Bash-and-Smash-es of the world and get to business.

Alex: "Besides, I hope that the news that I step back from the day-to-day help us attract talent. You know how the carny media has it out for me just cause NOTBPW is more 'modern'."

Garcia: "Speaking of which, boss. How do you feel about a women's division? Now that the Stones integrated the rosters we could win back the favor of a lot of purists."

Alex: "There's not the talent out there at the moment ready to be signed. If we can poach a couple of big free agents you are free to do anything you want recruitment wise- within reason. I will let you know of more specifics at a later date. For now, dismissed!"

We shook hands and I thanked him, and now the cloud was hanging only above my head. Better for the kids in the locker room that way. He stopped me as I was about to close the door.

Alex: "And thank you for stepping up!"

I smiled and was on my way. I guess it's easier for the boss to take responsibility for... a part of the downturn in business when he won't take responsibility for alienating all of the superstars from his self-annointed golden age and making them leave the company. But that's what a boss does, isn't it?

Alex: "First order of business: Does 'Title Bout Wrestling' need a title match every week, or would it be too dumb of a gimmick?"

• Like 1

1st Sunday of January 2018, CGC Presents Title Bout Wrestling! Live from the George Kinneal Gymnasium.

The card we have in store for you:

The CGC's faithful favorite geek, Skip Beau faces off against the loudest mouth in British Columbia, Drake Young.

The Montreal Mafia will have their hands full as they face the experienced team of Zeus & Stevie.

We have a special debut for all of you, with the Canadian independent scene's favorite team "The Ant & The Goph" facing off against the Old School's representatives, Maryland alliance, a team that remembers the good ol' days where these small, flippy kids weren't on national TV.

Later on, two of CGC's brightest prospects collide for a shot at the Canadian Title as Intrepid Ian Identity battles "The Barbados Barbarian" Donte Dunn, with the winner facing the beast Prometheus at Elimination.

And for our main event of Title Bout Wrestling, we have a title match as the Canadian Blonds attempt to dethrone Tough and Glorious, seeing their reign as CGC World Tag Team champions a slight against "real tag teams".

An absolutely stacked show that will also include a contract signing for the CGC World Title Match between Dan DaLay and Whippy The Clown and much more, don't miss out!

Match Card For Predictions:

Skip Beau vs Drake Young

The Montreal Mafia (Dermott Ayres & Marc Raisin) vs Zeus & Stevie (Zeus Maximillion & Stevie Grayson)

The Gopher & The Ant (Ant-Man & Topher Smith) vs The Maryland Alliance (Brady Prince & Buck Graham)

#1 Contender's Match for the Canadian Title

Intrepid Ian Identity vs Donte Dunn

CGC World Tag Team Championship Match

The Canadian Blonds (Ozzie Golden & Flash) vs Tough And Glorious (Joey Poison & Brett Fraser)

Thank you all for your encouraging first comments!

Good Start.

Skip Beau vs Drake Young

The Montreal Mafia (Dermott Ayres & Marc Raisin) vs Zeus & Stevie (Zeus Maximillion & Stevie Grayson)

The Gopher & The Ant (Ant-Man & Topher Smith) vs The Maryland Alliance (Brady Prince & Buck Graham)

#1 Contender's Match for the Canadian Title

Intrepid Ian Identity vs Donte Dunn

CGC World Tag Team Championship Match

The Canadian Blonds (Ozzie Golden & Flash) vs Tough And Glorious (Joey Poison & Brett Fraser)

VIBERT'S VOICE EP. 137, TUESDAY WEEK 2 JANUARY 2018.

Hello and welcome to another edition of Vibert’s Voice, the only wrestling podcast where a rich guy who is not in the business anymore tells you what is good and bad in wrestling today. Thankfully, this week I am still Phil Vibert, and today I thought it could be the start of something a little different for the pod.

You see, with news that there’s a change in booker in CGC, my old job, and my good friend Adrian Garcia getting the book, I think it’s a good idea to keep up with what the company does. They have many guys I know, and with the Alex DeColt influence, the potential for disaster makes them as must-watch as them pulling through and providing good wrestling. Besides, this pod has been lacking in Sports Entertainment style coverage since I don’t like to do SWF. So without further ado, let’s get into it.

This week’s CGC Title Bout Wrestling was held in front of 279 people at the George Kinneal Gymnasium, a sentence that paints the picture of how rough things have been getting ever since I left in 2014. The ratings are pretty brutal, at 13,070 viewers, but then again, they’re on Channel Six and shown in the graveyard tv slot, so I guess till they have shown they can bounce back this is the norm. They’re on TV basically exclusively so that the panic of ‘oh my God they don’t have a TV deal anymore’ doesn’t set in and further damage the prestige of the company.

SEGMENT 1:

We start the show with the Contract Signing segment for the World Title match between Dan DaLay and Whippy The Clown. There’s mostly posturing and Adrian himself -as the mouth of the management/Alex DeColt- running down the negotiations between both sides lawyers to make this happen, and how Dan’s request for this to be a Falls Count Anywhere match got accepted. He also mentioned how the contract requires a no-aggression agreement, to which Dan DaLay responded by attacking Whippy before signing his part of the contract. I thought this segment was perfectly fine, but regardless I have an issue with making your champion seem so weak. He didn’t talk for too long in this and got his ass kicked. I get that this is about making it seem like the odds are too stacked against him, but when his opponent is Alex’s best bud, there’s always the chance of a burial. Also, them having a two man booth meant that it was a one man booth for this segment, which was a little funny. I can’t go higher than a 57, on this one.

MATCH 1:

Next, The Montreal Mafia and Zeus & Stevie come out. They work hard, have a decent match, they even get the crowd in it by the end, but man. Dermott and Marc just have no momentum with them. It’s a shock even to me that this was a close encounter, that it got around 14 minutes, and at the end of the day, that it was fine. But I still have to penalize it- in my mind, you can’t sleepwalk your way into 70-80 rated matches when there’s no hot crowd and the match isn’t a big deal. So, with Zeus pinning Marc after a Thunderbolt, these guys get a 46 from me, which is good- 2.5 stars. An average wrestling match. Wrestling is really having a boom period, isn’t it?.

SEGMENT 2:

After the match Dermott and Marc jump the vets and attack them, then go on a mic to demand a best of three series, or I guess that this is match one of a best of three series. The crowd didn’t give them much heat, they aren’t the most comfortable talkers in the world, I’ll go with a 26.

MATCH 2:

Next, a non-advertised match we got in order to, I assume fill some TV time, and Blockbuster destroyed their kid Flip Simkins -what a name, eh?- in 8 minutes. Flip got a couple good hope spots and showed some guts that I assume were to turn him babyface since for some reason he and his tag team partner were presented as face and heel, and the BusterBomb ended this before it got too long. This gets a 31 for me, because there was no doubt about the winner and despite the fact BlockBuster is much better than the Annihulus and Prometheus of this world, he’s not good enough to make a squash match this long worth watching.

MATCH 3:

This was followed up with…another slightly overlong squash, as Skip Beau wrecked the life out of Drake Young before ending him with a Flow Down. It was a bit cathartic as with his “Geek” character, he has been a bit of a gentle giant. Overall, this match was shorter, there wasn’t a green rookie in it, and Skip is a much better mover and athlete than Blockbuster, so it gets a 38.

SEGMENT 3:

After the match, we have an angle where Dapper Danny Draper and Chucky Dorrance came out (apparently calling themselves Team CD from now on) and started verbally ripping into Skip and his gimmick (in kayfabe, thankfully). Skip responded by destroying Chucky D with Danny Draper barely getting out unscathed. This was clearly an attempt to change Skip’s presentation and gimmick, and I think it worked, but it will get some minus points because Chucky was kind of just standing there since his purpose was to eat shit, plus all these guys are promising but none of them are really over yet. I’m thinking this deserves about 34.

MATCH 4:

The next match is Ant-Man and Topher Smith vs Buck Graham and Brady Prince. This was a decent introduction for the new team that got all their stuff in and got to look good and likable for the crowd in attendance, but at the end of the day, poor Buck isn’t supposed to be on national television at this point, and it was painfully obvious, with the newcomers picking up the W after 10 minutes after Ant-Man hit a huge powerslam on Buck Graham. Still, Gopher and the Ant are a good team that should prove to be popular with the CGC crowd. A generous 31 here.

MATCH 5:

Then we had the match that intrigued me the most, Intrepid Ian Identity vs Donte Dunn. These guys can both work and have presence, even if they ruined Dunn’s push last year to begin the woeful Annihilus run. And work they did, as they really had an all out brawl for over 15 minutes that just looked great and got the crowd really invested…until they pulled the ol’ sports entertainment no contest with the champion Prometheus getting involved. This gets a 35 just for really disappointing me as soon as I thought I’d rate something high-ish.

SEGMENT 4:

They did rectify it a bit by pulling the classic ‘The champ says there ain’t no #1 contender so he doesn’t have to defend, babyface authority figure tells him it’s actually a triple threat now’ segment, with mr. DeColt himself doing the honors. And he was damn good here, showing that you never really forget how to work a crowd. Then the babyfaces both attacked Prometheus and stood tall. This segment will get a 55, good stuff all around.

MATCH 6:

The main event was the tag titles match between the Canadian Blondes and Tough and Glorious, and it was match of the night for sure. They got 22 minutes which is really a breath of fresh air in that company lately and just did a good wrestling match with proper heat segments and a kickass hot tag for Brett Fraser, who even at 46 years old is a pro’s pro. Joey picked up the pin on Flash with an Antidote’s Web, and this match picks up a rating of 53.”

SEGMENT 5:

After the match they ran a short angle where the heels swore revenge at Elimination, this is fine, but the crowd was actually hot due to these guys’ work and I’ll award a 47. I’d rather not get the same match with a clean finish twice in two weeks, but considering the company’s rebuilding stage, it does make some sense.

All in all, this was two hours of TV that weren’t embarrassing and put the spotlight on some of the younger guys on the roster, ending with a main event that wouldn’t look weird as a match on some of the companies that are doing much better than CGC. I am thinking the overall show gets a 48. Hopefully this is just the start for my friends up North, because I do intend on keeping this series up and I’d like to keep seeing improvement. But now, let’s get to our next segment…

Good Start.

Always a fan of CGC content. Looking forward to what you have in store. Good luck with the diary!

Thank you both! This is fairly uncharted ground so I am just trying to make it fun to follow a save that won't really have us putting on godly shows or poaching superstars because the finances are... not great!

2nd Sunday of January 2018, CGC Presents Title Bout Wrestling! Live from the George Kinneal Gymnasium.

The go-home show for Elimination XVI is absolutely stacked folks! Here's what's in store:

"Parental Abuse" Alan Parent, one of CGC's most gifted technicians and beloved wrestlers has his hands full as he faces a mystery opponent. Our sources here at CGC.com say that this is a return that will "shock the system" in the company.

Ant-man, off of his incredible tag team debut will have to prove why he's the Tiny Dynamo against the muscle of Old-School, Brady Prince!

After last week's incident, Skip Beau is out for revenge and will have to keep his rage in check against Dapper Danny Draper.

The run of debuts continue as management shakes up the roster, with an unannounced debut match.

A huge 8-,man tag team match will pit Intrepid Ian Identity, Donte Dunn, Zeus & Stevie against The Montreal Mafia and the giants Blockbuster and Gargantuan- Prometheus, one of the biggest stars in the company, does not wrestle on live TV, which makes his dominance all the most devastating for the fans, the paying customer and beating heart of the company.

As this years Elimination was deemed too high-stakes to run the usual type card- especially with the risk of DaLay further hurting the world champion, we will get the classic Elimination-type Six Man Tag Team Match on Sunday's Main Event! The Champions Tough and Glorious and Whippy The Clown will clash against the Challengers Canadian Blondes and Dan DaLay.

Match Card For Predictions

Alan Parent vs Philippe LaGrenier

Ant-Man vs Brady Prince

Skip Beau vs Dapper Danny Draper

Alistair Shufflebottom vs Curtis Mobstar (GSW's Mobstar)

Intrepid Ian Identity, Donte Dunn, Zeus & Stevie vs Gargantuan, Blockbuster and the Montreal Mafia

Canadian Blondes and DanDaLay vs Joey Poison, Brett Fraser and Whippy The Clown

Vibert’s Voice - Ep. 138, Tuesday Week 3 2018

…So yeah. We know it’s a matter of ‘when’ not ‘if’, but we don’t have any more concrete news than that. But enough about Matthew Keith starting his MMA career, let’s get into our newest segment- an episode of Title Bout Wrestling means a review of said episode from yours truly!

This episode of Title Bout Wrestling was held once again at the George Kinneal Gymnasium, but this time in front of 281 people- a whopping +2! Business is booming for CGC. The TV rating was 12,940 viewers, slightly down but a negligent difference in my opinion. Let’s dive in:

MATCH 1:

Ant-Man and Brady Prince open the show to continue what has been an okay introductory mini feud for the youngsters. They got 10 minutes, they did fine but they could have done better work and the crowd was dead for most of the duration. Ant-Man pinned Brady after an Antidote that woke the crowd up because the gimmick of being small and strong is extremely easy to get over. Nevertheless this gets merely a 28 from me.

MATCH 2:

Straight into another match? Okay! This one can sort of count as a segment as Philippe LeGrenier made his return to the company, and absence makes the heart grow fonder clearly as he got quite a pop. To the point where the ensuing match with Alan Parent wasn’t as good as it could have been if those two “clicked” better, but the crowd was super hot all the way and commentary did a good job putting over the triumphant return of Philippe, who in 12 minutes ended things with his Quebec Falcon Arrow. This is good enough for a 39, honestly.

SEGMENT 1:

We move backstage where we see Intrepid Ian Identity cut a promo with Donte Dunn just standing next to him looking pretty. Ian gets 6 minutes to talk about how Prometheus is everything wrong with the company and his destruction in the ring can only compare with his bad attitude, but he and Donte are there to liberate the title and help usher in a new age for the company, while Donte is there to just hype him up and get a catchphrase in? I mean, the promo itself was good but I feel like this derails the segment a bit and it cannot get in the 50’s like the best segments last week. A 41 will suffice for the mic work.

MATCH 3:

An exciting debut for the company’s newest signing, Mobstar, who gets a first name (his former indie name of Curtis) and gets the assignment of absolutely wrecking Alistair Shufflebottom. The crowd didn’t know who he was but they both did good work and made the debutant look really good. Mobstar flattened Alistair with a DDT in 7 minutes, and this is definitely a run to watch, as he does not fit the usual profile of a CGC signing. 31 from me.

SEGMENT 2:

After the match, they gave him a good 4 minutes to cut an introductory promo, where he talked about how much he struggled to get to a spotlight this big (which, honestly, not much bigger than he’s known to at this stage), but then made the turn that established him as a heel, where he absolutely ripped into the roster for being soft, and put over how he is here to show everyone that he is “Hard to the Core” and will destroy every CGC wrestler thrown his way. It was all said with conviction but it didn’t move the paying crowd and also felt scripted and watered down, and therefore gets a 29.

MATCH 4:

The 8-man tag followed up, and it was an absolute blast. A whirlwind of action for 14 minutes, we even saw Gargantuan actually sprint in the ring. Everyone got their moves in, they looked threatening, and Gargantuan Choke Slammed Zeus at the end to be protected even though he doesn’t have a story going. Now, one would expect me to bury this as a bad decision, but this guy is ridiculous. He should be in one of the big three eating babies alive and destroying reputable workers, he’s fine enough in the ring and his body looks like straight out of a cartoon. I suspect the only reason he’s not getting the title in like, two weeks is that the fans need to get something different to regain their trust for the company back after the last monster heel reign which was disastrous. This gets a 49 for being slightly cluttered but very fun.

MATCH 5:

Danny Draper vs Skip Beau got 12 minutes. About 11 of them were Skip manhandling Danny, charging at him and maybe sometimes hitting the turnbuckle letting him get some offense in. This could have been shorter for what it was but in general showcasing them made sense. The finish was Chucky Dorrance running in and trying to trap Skip’s foot between the ropes, getting stomped in the face for it, and Danny capitalizing to get Skip Beau in the Crucifix Pin for the win. This was fine but these two could have had a better match, even with Danny still being a newcomer. 41.

SEGMENT 3:

Danny retreated to the stage alongside Chucky and asked for a mic from the crew, which he used to completely bully Skip about how he’s “aloof” and “not actually tough” and that he can’t handle the numbers’ game. He advised him that he has to find a tag team partner for Elimination, otherwise these two will destroy him in a handicap match. Skip responded that he’ll find a partner which should worry them, because Team CD can’t handle a fair fight. A bit of a weak rebuttal, but the crowd actually ate everything up! Danny was especially good, and while I still am complaining about one part of the feud really being just a bystander, this was better than last week’s angle and also gets a 41.

MATCH 6: Main Event time, and this was a classic Elimination 6 Man Tag, and the second straight 20+ minute main event, showing that Adrian is personally spoiling me. They did good work, everyone was protected no matter the elimination order (which was Fraser-Flash-Whippy-Dan-Ozzie), and it ended when Joey Poison hit the Antidote’s Web on Ozzie Golden. A solid 52 for a solid main event.

SEGMENT 4: There was a big post match brawl after it but it fell flat because Flash didn’t participate -apparently suffering a concussion during the match. Due to the numbers’ advantage the faces stood tall, and the question is what happens with the tag team match at Elimination (and obviously, how soon will Flash be okay, concussions are really tricky in wrestling, I wish him great health and a swift recovery). In the unimportant part of this, a rating of 29 for the show ending angle.

Overall, two really good matches, positive movement in the debuts front, and an unfortunate close to the show that isn’t really anyone’s fault, this feels like another 48 rating for CGC. We won’t cover Elimination, but the TV aftermath for sure. Till next time, I’m Phil Vibert, and you’ve been listening to Vibert’s Voice, sponsored by Manscaped.

CGC ELIMINATION XVI - LIVE FRIDAY WEEK 3 OF JANUARY 2018 FROM THE LANGLEY CIVIC CENTRE - DON'T MISS OUT, BUY A TICKET TODAY!

CGC World Championship Match - Falls Count Anywhere

Dan DaLay vs Whippy The Clown ©

Whippy's title run has been a beautiful fairytale for CGC fans, a long serving veteran rewarded for years of excellence and entertainment by getting hot at the right time and beating the monster Annihilus. But Dan DaLay's path of destruction for the past month has been unlike anything he has faced during this title reign. This match couldn't be contained to the ring so it was decided to make this CGC's first ever Falls Count Anywhere match! Can the champion pull out another gutsy defense or will the Manitoba Monster claim his 4th world title?

CGC Canadian Championship Match - Three Way Elimination

Intrepid Ian Identity vs Donte Dunn vs Prometheus ©

Prometheus had grown content not wrestling on TV and wanted to take the day off at Elimination as well, but Alex DeColt restored order when he made this a three way match. Ian and Donte are both extremely hungry to vanquish the monstrous Prometheus and capture gold, but can they cooperate or are they doomed to fall to the machine?

CGC World Tag Team Titles Match

Nathan Black & Warren Technique (The Predators) vs Brett Fraser and Joey Poison (Tough and Glorious) ©

After Flash's terrible injury on Sunday, The Predators have stepped up to give Tough and Glorious an extremely tough challenge. Will they take advantage and walk out champions or will Tough and Glorious continue their all-time great title reign?

Special Singles Match

Ozzie Golden vs Gargantuan

Ozzie will be competing in the singles ranks for the foreseeable future, and this is a Golden opportunity for him to work towards a title shot. Gargantuan also wants to keep his momentum, having set his eyes on the ultimate prize and Whippy The Clown.

Grudge Tag Team Match

Dapper Danny Draper & Chucky Dorrance (Team CD) vs Skip Beau & ???? (IF ANYONE)

After Team CD set their sights on tormenting Skip Beau, he responded by showing a more violent side to him. He needs a tag team partner to beat them, but the question is will he have one.

Best Of Three Series Match #2 - Elimination Tag Team Match

Dermott Ayres & Marc Raisin (The Montreal Mafia) vs Zeus Maximillion & Stevie Grayson

The Montreal Mafia took exception to losing against what is perhaps the greatest tag team in company history and challenged them to continue their contest. This match will be contested in elimination rules as opposed to a straight tag team match, which will allow different strategies to shine.

Special Singles Match

Curtis Mobstar vs Topher Smith

Both newcomers have started their CGC careers with great momentum, so them clashing here is as unpredictable as exciting. Expect this to steal the show!

CGC World Title Match - Falls Count Anywhere

CGC Canadian Title Match

Donte Dunn vs Intrepid Ian Identity vs Prometheus ©

The Predators vs Tough and Glorious

The Montreal Mafia vs Zeus & Stevie

Team CD vs Skip Beau & ????

CGC World Title Match - Falls Count Anywhere

CGC Canadian Title Match

Donte Dunn vs Intrepid Ian Identity vs Prometheus ©

The Predators vs Tough and Glorious

The Montreal Mafia vs Zeus & Stevie

Team CD vs Skip Beau & ????

CGC ELIMINATION XVI: REPORT

Attendance: 974 people

PPV buys: 15,143

Match 1: Curtis Mobstar vs Topher Smith

An interesting clash of styles with the energetic high flyer against the (nowadays borderline) brawler as they set a great pace for the rest of the show over 12 minutes. A very evenly matched contest between the two, Mobstar counters a flying forearm into the Flattener DDT for the win.

Result: Mobstar wins via pinfall after Flattener DDT

Rating: 39

Match 2: Montreal Mafia vs Zeus and Stevie

The contest went on for 16 minutes and it was very different from the first match a couple weeks ago, with the Montreal Mafia showcasing adaptability and cutting on the ring perfectly to eliminate Stevie Grayson about halfway in the contest. Then they proceed to double team Zeus in an endless heat segment that is cut off by a short comeback fueled by inhuman strength and an elimination of Marc Raisin, but the damage is already done and a bit after he taps to the Montreal Crab of Dermott Ayres.

Result: Montreal Mafia win with an elimination order of Stevie Grayson-Marc Raisin-Zeus Maximillion.

Rating: 46 (same as the TV match)

Angle 1: Big Debut

The fans are treated to some unfamilliar music as Jamie Atherton makes his way to the ring to announce himself as the new big arrival in Canadian Golden Combat. He puts his ACPW past and title reigns over, referencing his dominance over new arrivals Ant-Man and Topher Smith for comparison, and set his sights straight to the top of the company, citing his desire to be world champion by the end of 2018.

Rating: 44

Match 3: Gargantuan vs Ozzie Golden

A valiant effort from Ozzie, but the deck was stacked against him as Gargantuan shrugged off his every comeback attempt and after 9 minutes of kind of underrated action put him down with the Ultimate Backbreaker.

Result: Gargantuan wins via Ultimate Backbreaker

Rating: 53

Match 4: Skip Beau & Clause Reed vs Team CD

An interesting choice for mystery partner, the debuting Reed is a young Canadian portraying a lumberjack gimmick who has been honing his craft at the TITAN Factory under the tutelage of the great Dread. He was a bit green here in a starring role as a hot babyface, it was definitely cathartic dominance from him and Skip against the young heels, and Clause Reed hit a Lumberjack Lariat on Chucky Dorrance for the pin after 12 minutes.

Result: Skip & Reed win after Reed pins Chucky D with a Lumberjack Lariat.

Rating: 34

Match 5: The Predators vs Tough and Glorious ©, for the CGC World Tag Team Titles

The ol' rule of wrestling prevailed in this one, with the substitutes picking up the win and shocking the crowd in the process, giving a downer ending to one of the best tag team title runs in modern company history. The match was very back and forth, and the faces looked in control after an absolutely brutal hot tag sequence by Brett Fraser, but shockingly the tides turned and Nathan Black hit his signature Spinning Bulldog (Black Dog Down) for the win after 15 minutes.

Result: The Predators win via pinfall with Nathan Black hitting a Black Dog Down on Brett Fraser.

Rating: 48

Match 6: Elimination Three Way: Intrepid Ian Identity vs Donte Dunn vs Prometheus © for the CGC Canadian Title

This got a bit more time than every match before it, and most of it was spent on the babyfaces trying to take down Prometheus and (mostly) failing, until they threw him to the ringpost outside in a rare display of a mean streak from CGC babyfaces, which turned the match around and Donte Dunn eliminated Prometheus with a huge spinning wheel kick in around 12 minutes. After that they had an enjoyable mini match for 6 minutes, until Donte Dunn bumped on the ref, started checking on him and Ian hit him with a vicious low blow before hitting the Identity Theft twice, waking the ref up and scoring the fall to win his first singles title.

Result: Donte Dunn eliminates Prometheus, Intrepid Ian Identity eliminates Donte Dunn after turning heel to win.

Rating: 44 (Prometheus sandbagging)

Angle 2: We got treated to a short hype video for the world title match that recapped the violent path of Dan DaLay and Whippy's courageous defenses against other monsters in the company (45).

Main Event: Falls Count Anywhere match for the CGC World Championship: Dan DaLay vs Whippy The Clown ©

They gave this match 24 minutes and the two men used that time well, essentially giving a brawling tour of the 'backstage area' of the Langley Civic Centre (obviously post an opening stretch in the ring) and having mostly Whippy bump for Dan, before they came back to ringside for the finishing few minutes, with the match ending after Whippy hit a frog splash on Dan DaLay to break the Announce Table and pin him. It was fine for a very explicitly non-hardcore version of an arena-wide stipulation.

Result: Whippy The Clown retains via Frog Splash.

Rating: 55 (MOTN)

Overall the show felt like a success with nothing extraordinary going on. There's a bit of an identity shift in the priorities of the promotion, but there's no creative stamp from the new booking team yet, which will presumably become more apparent longer term. Overall rating is a successful 53.

Aftermath from Elimination! Contender match and more! 3rd Sunday of January 2018, CGC Presents Title Bout Wrestling LIVE from Edmonton!

An exciting edition of Title Bout Wrestling is in store for all of you, as we enter the run towards Luck Of The Draw:

Donte Dunn faces off against Dapper Danny Draper with the winner facing Intrepid Ian Identity for the Canadian title.

Montreal Mafia and Zeus & Stevie complete their exciting series in what will be a 2 out of 3 falls tag team match.

Blockbuster and Skip Beau collide in a battle of Titans.

We hear from Intrepid Ian Identity after his shocking actions at Elimination.

And there's rumors of yet another exciting debut boosting Canada's most exciting division!

Don't miss out, live on Channel Six!

Match Card For Predictions:

#1 Contender's Match for the World title

Gargantuan vs Joey Poison

Best Of Three Series Decider

Montreal Mafia vs Zeus and Stevie

Blockbuster vs Skip Beau

#1 Contender's Match for the Canadian title

Donte Dunn vs Dapper Danny Draper

Curtis Mobstar vs Alan Parent

The Gopher & The Ant vs ??? and ????

Blockbuster vs Skip Beau

Vibert's Voice - Ep. 139, Tuesday Week 4 January 2018

Just imagine having a match so well worked, the crowd buys into it so much, it's so well executed, that there's a DQ finish and not only does no one complain, it's still the early leader for MOTY. Hats off to SOTBPW and of course to the four men. El Leon & Cerebro work incredibly as a team and also did great work to put over the heel veterans of Soul Taker and Pablo Rodriguez, and the DQ finish itself, they got absolutely mauled. I guess since we're still in January, we can officially call it Match of the Month- with one eye directed towards Malice in Wonderland.

But enough about the best things in wrestling, because we have another show of Title Bout Wrestling to cover this week! They travelled to Edmonton the same day ACPW was running Uprising which was interesting, and they offered what was probably the best episode of the show in months.

SEGMENT 1:

The show opened with Joey Poison coming out and opening his heart out about how he has never gotten an 1-on-1 CGC World title match, then being interrupted by Gargantuan who has been destroying everyone on his path, saying he has been kept away from the title picture despite being the biggest force in the company. After a bit of classic sports entertainment bickering, the Champ Whippy The Clown came out, fresh off his pretty good defense vs Dan DaLay, and announced a #1 contender's match for the title in the main event of tonight's show. Despite my short recap here, this segment went longer and had some really good work, especially on Joey's part and his very emotional delivery. This gets a 62, which is the highest I've given a CGC segment in this short series.

MATCH 1:

First match is a bit of a warm-up, as Curtis Mobstar destroys Alan Parent in 4 minutes. They did good work in that timespan but it's clear that they don't have enough for the heels they've signed yet and they're just keeping them strong as they're new signings. Has Philippe LeGrenier even appeared a second time? Regardless, for what it was this gets a 36.

SEGMENT 2:

Jamie Atherton came to the ring with a mic and he said that he was getting ready to make his illustrious CGC in-ring debut...and then he found out they were coming to Edmonton, and he outright refused to wrestle tonight. Not only is Edmonton an absolutely terrible city with fans that couldn't tell a chickenwing from a cattle mutilation, it's an ACPW stronghold and he's trying to leave that phase of his career behind and make a fresh new start. He promises that his debut will be 'on the biggest stage possible' and he gets the loudest boos a heel has taken in a long time in the company, probably due to the fans knowing him well from his ACPW time. This was flat out great, the best thing CGC have done and will do on this show, and a good promo that would fit in a bigger company. The rating is a 72.

MATCH 2:

The newest CGC debut to keep the streak is the team of Thunder and Lightning, the greatest team in Canadian Independent Wrestling history. The 7 time 4C Champions came in and had a very fun match against Gopher and the Ant, exchanging rapid action for 12 minutes, before Lightning Lomas pinned Ant-Man with his huge Exploder Suplex. This was a treat, although they can do even bigger versions of this match, especially as the teams get over. 42.

SEGMENT 3:

We head backstage in a lavish looking locker room, as Intrepid Ian Identity is sitting with his newly won Canadian Title draped on his shoulder, wearing a suit and with a glass of champagne in his hand. The content of his promo is about the Champion's purse and how he couldn't leave anything to chance at Elimination because he needed the access to the new, championship-winning lavish life he is about to lead. This was a bit basic, but it got the job done as far as making the crowd hate him. However, the extremely impressive work of the previous segments we got makes me want to rate this lower, and it gets a 43.

MATCH 3:

The next match was Blockbuster vs Skip Beau, a match advertised as a wild brawl between the beefiest of the beefy in the company, but unfortunately the two didn't click at all. It was very sloppy, their hits either missed or were too stiff in a non-good way, and Blockbuster almost got gassed despite the match only being 6 minutes long. Mercifully, Prometheus did an interference spot where he clubbed Skip while the ref was busy checking on Blockbuster's eye, then Blockbuster hit a Buster Bomb to end this match. It was fun to watch them stiff each other so this gets a very lenient 32.

SEGMENT 4:

Post-Match, the two heels continued assaulting Skip Beau and hitting tandem big-man offense and Brett Fraser came out for the save, looking incredible while hitting forearms on the two and getting them out of the ring. This was fun but it still has the bitter taste of the match before and gets a 42.

MATCH 4:

The #1 Contender's match for the Canadian Title, this was mostly a chance to showcase Donte Dunn and Dapper Danny Draper, as we already know who's feuding with Intrepid Ian Identity. Nevertheless, Danny continues to improve with every match and he's only 19, and Donte has good offense despite the fact the crowd keeps not caring about him. They got 11 minutes and Donte pinned him with a Spinning Wheel Kick. Short and sweet. 44

MATCH 5:

The Best of 3 Series between the Montreal Mafia and Zeus and Stevie has been a highlight of the show this past month, and it ends here in a two out of three falls match that was really fun and a slightly better version of the last two matches. Zeus and Stevie took the lead and we got to watch the Mafia work as underdogs which was really fun, a role they excel in and they didn't get to showcase it enough working as heels. They leveld the playing field with a Double Decker and we got a very chaotic, almost Lucha-like final fall where both teams hit tandem offense and got double nearfalls, the match kind of defaulting into a Tornado Tag as both wanted to get the victory desperately. In the end, Dermott Ayres got Zeus Maximillion in a Montreal Crab and the tanned GrecoCanadian had to tap out. 48.

SEGMENT 5:

After the match both teams showed respect for each other and shaked hands, completing the Montreal Mafia's face turn. The show definitely needs more faces, so this is only positive in my book. However, one can't help but notice the crowd did not care for this segment at all, and thus it only gets a 24.

MAIN EVENT:

Gargantuan vs Joey Poison could headline a PPV, and thus it's good that they didn't give away a PPV level match but merely a TV level match here. The action was good however, and surprisingly it wasn't Gargantuan wrecking Joey but fairly even. At the end of the day though, Gargantuan did get his control segment in, and it looked like he would secure the win and the title match, when Whippy The Clown interfered to distract him and allow Joey Poison to roll the monster up and get the #1 contendership! A pleasant surprise to get a face vs face match that isn't DeColt vs DeColt for the first time in all 26 years of the promotion, and protecting Gargantuan who is a big draw in the process. A 50 from me.

All in all, this felt like the most important TV show they've run in a while, the filler was very little, the stuff that didn't land had actual intent behind it instead of just being a filler match to get someone over, and the promos were especially highly regarded. A big improvement and big rise in grade from me, as this week's show will get a 55. By the way, this increase in quality didn't really get matched by an increase in viewership. 317 people in attendance and merely 11,535 people watching on Channel Six. And moving on to the news portion...

Blockbuster vs Skip Beau

I really appreciate the predictions, not following up on them with replies since you're the only one posting em so far and hence it's really easy to keep up.

CGC Presents Title Bout Wrestling Live from the Entertainment Suite of the Bonnie Doon Public Library! Sunday 4th Week of January!

Big card as we rev up towards Luck Of The Draw. Gargantuan will be taking out his frustrations for last week's loss at the bright and promising Ant-Man!

A huge match between two CGC legends as Dan DaLay makes his return post-Elimination to face off against Zeus Maximillion!

Donte Dunn continues his path to prepare for the challenge of Intrepid Ian Identity as he has to go up against The French Canadian Perfection Philippe LaGrenier!

Thunder & Lightning will face Generation Z in a match-up of promising young teams!

Their feud got interrupted by injury, but the #1 contender to the world title Joey Poison will have to beat Ozzie Golden as he presents for the match of his life!

And for our main event, Brett Fraser saved Skip Beau from his clutches last week, and now he faces the consequences as he fights Blockbuster one on one!

Don't miss your chance to buy a ticket or watch live through Channel Six!

Brett Fraser vs Blockbuster

Ant-Man vs Gargantuan

Joey Poison vs Ozzie Golden

Generation Z vs Thunder & Lightning

Zeus Maximilion vs Dan DaLay

Donte Dunn vs Philippe LaGrenier

Vibert's Voice - Ep. 140, Tuesday, 1st Week of February 2018

...And we're back to our CGC segment, with the latest edition of Title Bout Wrestling! It's been a good month for my new favorite underdog in wrestling, and we wrap up January with a show from a library event hall that could barely fit high risk moves, but I digress. The show itself was actually pretty good!

MATCH 1:

We open straight with a wrestling match, which is one of the best ways to open a wrestling show, as we get Donte Dunn vs Philippe LaGrenier. This match is trying to heat-up Donte after his repeated failures the past 7 months, with his big title match being used to make Intrepid Ian Identity his momentum seems to have cratered. So, he gets a big W here against a very good wrestler who just made his return! Perhaps not the wisest booking decision as both guys needed a win, but this match was actually really good and heated for an opener. Donte got the win after a Spinning Wheel Kick, and the match is good enough for a 47.

SEGMENT 1:

Post-Match Intrepid Ian Identity went in and attacked Donte Dunn. Not much to say other than they've ruined Donte Dunn and he's not over at all. He should either be repackaged or mercifully released to save his career, because he's an otherwise good worker. Most of Canadian wrestling would love to have him. 31

MATCH 2:

We moved on to Gargantuan vs Ant-Man, and it was so fun! It was not a squash, although Gargantuan dominated, they got 11 minutes to work which is insane, Ant-Man got some incredible underdog offense in (and it really helps that they're running the past few shows on ACPW stronghold towns), we even got a spot where Ant-Man bodyslammed the giant! They did not have to go this hard on a random TV match, and Gargantuan hit that Ultimate Backbreaker for the win more viciously than usual. 54

SEGMENT 2:

The show goes backstage where we see the Montreal Mafia and the Tag Team Champions The Predators arguing about a potential title shot, the Montreal Mafia feeling how beating the greatest tag team in history they deserve a match, especially as the Predators were merely a replacement, and the argument and refutation from the champions leads to a brawl that is broken apart by backstage staff. These guys can't talk much so the feud might get awkward, this was serviceable though. 39

SEGMENT 3:

A nice touch as there's a fairly hasty change of scenery and we get a small backstage interview with Dapper Danny Draper who puts over himself and Team CD and says he'll have to focus on a single division in other to get to enjoy championship gold as soon as possible. Well-delivered even if not the most interesting words ever uttered. 48

MATCH 3:

Generation Z vs Thunder & Lightning wasn't very good, but it was a break of high flying action. Not much to say other than the right team won, as Lightning Lomas pinned Alyx Winters after 9 minutes. 31

MATCH 4:

Next up is Dan DaLay vs Zeus Maximillion, and this was really put over as Dan's first match after the "brutal" (not really) Falls Count Anywhere match at Elimination, which made it all the more 'logical' when Zeus Maximillion pulled a very welcome upset. The match itself was aggressively fine, but when Zeus hit the Thunderbolt for the pin, the crowd erupted at the shocking thought of a beloved babyface going over a monster heel. 42

SEGMENT 4:

Jamie Atherton came out to delay his in-ring debut again, this time talking about how the venue isn't suitable for a man of his talent and how "the librarians would come and cancel the show for noise complaints", while also continuously putting over the fact that when he does debut it will be huge and it will catapult him towards the CGC World title. A cute promo but a bit worse than the novelty of hearing it for the first time last week. Nonetheless, this guy gets the most heel heat of anyone on TV for CGC. 69

MATCH 5:

Blockbuster vs Brett Fraser is the semi-main and... they didn't click at all. Thankfully a better affair than that awful match Blockbuster had against Skip Beau last week, but that's to be put on the veteran savvy of Brett Fraser. They hit each other super hard, it was very competitive, Brett got a real good near fall on a big boot/backdrop combo, but a big ringside brawl between Prometheus and Skip Beau distracted him long enough for Blockbuster to get him with the Buster Bomb. 44.

MATCH 6:

Main Event time between Joey Poison and Ozzie Golden, and the champion Whippy The Clown is on commentary, putting over the action. They got 20 minutes and they produced the best match the company has put on this year- and hence also this month so let's cool our jets. Ozzie is really good and will hopefully not be lost with the plethora of heels that are on TV (I've heard some rumors that should aleviate these concerns, but I am not trying to get into the aggregating business). Joey has incredible babyface fire, to the point where you got to wonder where they're going with this feud, because Whippy is their guy but Joey might just be a little bit better, and having two straight babyface World Champions might be the move in a post-DeColt world. Anyway, Joey caught Ozzie in the Antidote's Web, and this match gets a whole 57.

SEGMENT 5:

After the bell rang, Whippy went in the ring and had a big staredown with Joey, brandishing his belt over his head to make a statement. This, coupled with last week's elimination to help Joey make me think they're teasing a heel turn for Whippy, which I would personally not be a fan of. But with the Wrestlefestival approaching, maybe it'd delay a to my view inevitable Joey Poison win? Regardless, the crowd liked it, it's a popular way to close a show, this gets a 50.

Overall, this show had their two best TV matches this year and it's the first TV show without a squash match they've had, which to me shows they're getting closer to trusting their guys to put on some actually compelling TV. I don't know if they can keep having each show be better than the last because they don't have enough guys that are built up yet, but regardless this has been a solid month for them, the first in over 18 months. Whole show also gets a 57.

5 shows down. It was messy. Difficult. There wasn't as much as I hoped to work with, the crowd has been decentivized to care. But goddamn, the guys worked hard. And I think I didn't do too much stupid stuff, so that helped.

The most important part looking at the picture was getting in a guy that would be loyal to me. Dan and Chance, they're Alex guys, even if Dan has been absolutely gracious letting me know that whoever I want to put over, he'll do the job. That man breathes CGC. But still, that meant that if he had to choose between me doing okay or me being replaced, he'd probably feed into Alex's thought process. So I brought Stewart Ferdinand. Extra points because he's a tried and true WRESTLING guy. And that has helped so much with the match lay-outs, the wrestlers respect him. They care about his input, and I do too.

The thing that troubles me is the booking itself. We very much do not have enough big matches for two nights of the Wrestlefestival. So the undercard will be TV matches and the semi-mains will be fine. We also have too many heels- that might be my fault but you gotta sign the most promising and most available guys. I can not afford poaching Joshua Taylor to get huge matches whenever he's on the screen. So who's left? Mobstar is a fiery brawler that can talk. Jamie is the best talker in the company who can also wrestle and he's a surefire star. The tag teams were desperately needed otherwise I would be wasting Montreal Mafia's potential.

So, to balance things out the question is with the outgoings. And the thing is, Prometheus is leaving ASAP. His contract is ass, he can't wrestle, he's not intimidating to me when you have the other big guys. But then... there's this guy who's coming from the Power House. And he's perfect. He's pretty much overshadowing all my big guys that aren't Gargantuan in terms of talent. He can actually ****ing run without losing his breath. He might be making some more guys expendable... and opening spots for more guys.

I realized I had lit a cigarette I was letting burn without smoking. Fun. There's many questions to answer and solve, but some of the problems are positive headaches- there's many guys I believe in right now, I just have to get things out of them that resonate with the crowd. Donte might be a lost cause unless I wanted to sacrifice Ian- and I don't. He is very much one of my top guys now and in the future. And there's a big ace up my sleeve to get his heel run more over after this feud is done with.

CGC ARRIVES IN CALGARY! TITLE BOUT WRESTLING, LIVE WEEK 1 OF FEBRUARY 2018!

A TV "Super Card" is presented for CGC's glorious return to the beautiful city of Calgary. Champions and contenders clash as the main event will be Whippy The Clown and Interpid Ian Identity vs Donte Dunn and Joey Poison!

Nathan Black faces Marc Raisin and Dermott Ayers faces Warren Technique, as the strife for momentum towards Luck Of The Draw commences!

We also have a treat of a Six Man Tag with Zeus Maximillion, Brett Fraser and Skip Beau team up to face Blockbuster, Curtis Mobstar and Philippe LaGrenier.

That plus more, live on Channel Six!

Whippy The Clown & Interpid Ian Identity vs Donte Dunn & Joey Poison

Killer Karson vs Alistair Shufflebottom

Marc Raisin vs Nathan Black

Blockbuster, Curtis Mobstar & Philippe LaGrenier vs Brett Fraser, SKip Beau & Zeus Maximillion

Dermott Ayers vs Warren Technique

Team CD vs Gopher & The Ant

Whippy The Clown & Interpid Ian Identity vs Donte Dunn & Joey Poison

Killer Karson vs Alistair Shufflebottom

Marc Raisin vs Nathan Black

Blockbuster, Curtis Mobstar & Philippe LaGrenier vs Brett Fraser, SKip Beau & Zeus Maximillion

Dermott Ayers vs Warren Technique

Team CD vs Gopher & The Ant

Vibert's Voice - Ep. 141, 2nd Tuesday of February 2018

And yeah, to me it's absolutely insane to run Rich Money vs Rocky Golden anywhere except the main event of Total Mayhem. Just business-wise. But man, what an absolute 5 star classic they put on. A match that we will be pointing to for years, even if it got a minimal 4 week build and was sold on "well, it's these two". It was indeed These Two, and they delivered what I do not think will be surpassed as Match Of The Year. What a feather in Rocky Golden's very feathery cap, this win. Rich, please as you age just work everywhere to challenge for every world title. NOTBPW, SOTBPW, WLW, you name it.

Anyway, other than Malice In Wonderland that I didn't have time to cover last week, we have to do the surprisingly popular CGC segment. Last Sunday's show was ran from a little venue up in Calgary, they drew 338 people and it was another fun little show, although it didn't keep up the upward trajectory of the past couple ones. But let's dive in a bit more specifically.

MATCH 1:

The show once again opened straight with a match, as Gopher & The Ant faced off Team CD. Solid action from the young guys here, nothing spectacular sadly, but still. It seems like they are depushing Danny Draper as there's a lot more experienced heels on the show than there were a couple months ago, and I think that's a fine choice as he is still improving. His potential is massive and if the company starts getting healthier, we will see him realize it. Anyway, Ant-Man hit a huge Powerslam on Chucky Dorrance for the win, and this match gets a 41.

SEGMENT 1:

A new guy off of the DeColt Powerhouse made his debut, a big man called Killer Karson. The guy looks menacing and he was given mic time here which was shocking, although he mostly looked at the camera and proclaimed that his opponent would die, he still had presence and a nice, deep, rough voice. A bit of a nothing segment but you know there's worse first impressions to be made. A 31.

MATCH 2:

His soon-to-be-dead opponent was resident punching bag Alistair Shufflebottom. Sadly, they did not click at all. The timing was awful on everything, they blew a spot very visibly and couldn't mask it with good improvisation. Karson doesn't seem ready for TV matches unless he's guided through it. Very much one of the worst matches in company history. Karson hit a big powerbomb for the win. If there's any silver lining, is that Killer Karson is an absolutely impressive mover and athlete. He was doing stuff that no one else his size in the company can approximate, and there's many of them. But still, it will be interesting to see his utilization. Maybe he performs well next week and it's forgotten, maybe they take months to complement his training. Tilll then, this gets an 18.

SEGMENT 2:

After Intrepid Ian Identity's heel turn, Jenny Playmate has transitioned into a backstage interviewer role. In this instance, she's interviewing the champ Whippy The Clown, and she asks him about his attitude the last two weeks. He seems extra confident in his ability to dispatch Joey Poison, going as far as to help him beat Gargantuan to get #1 contendership. Whippy explains that he has spent months doing battle with all the monsters CGC Management has to offer, and it's refreshing to get to have a real wrestling match. Everything else is just the innate competitiveness he has. He says Joey is an incredible worker and colleague, but one thing he's not is world champion, and mutual respect will not get in the way of defending his belt. This was a really well put promo that put a wrestling edge in the match -a tendency in the Adrian Garcia era to get some less Sports Entertainment vibes in the product. This will get a 61 rating.

MATCH 3:

We get the first of the two tag team championship competitors singles matches, as Dermott Ayres battles Warren Technique, and I kid you not, they had a 15 minute matwork technical match in a CGC TV show! This is a statement of intent as far as I'm concerned, and it was real good work between the guys too. Dermott kept going for the back to set up the Montreal Crab and Warren insisted on the head damage to lock his STF in. It wasn't the most advanced match ever but they told a nice, neat story, and Warren Technique won by shoot headbutting Dermott before locking in the STF. A real treat, and a grade of 49 which is consistent as the best match that doesn't feature main eventers in the company.

SEGMENT 3:

We get to the "Jamie Atherton refuses to wrestle" portion of the show. I'm going to be honest, I don't like the repetition of the angle, but it's good, classic booking. This time he was slandering the Calgary Flames, and said he refuses to wrestle in a city that can't even win a Stanley Cup. Honestly, this is a new record for most heat he has gotten, so I will not penalize it too much. What intrigues me is his insistence that he will debut in the biggest stage possible- are they really going to delay this until the Wrestlefestival or is he talking about Luck Of The Draw? 65.

MATCH 4:

Nice little six man action as the babyfaces Zeus Maximillion, Skip Beau and Brett Fraser go up against the heels Blockbuster, Curtis Mobstar and Philippe LaGrenier. What instantly surprised me pleasantly was how everyone got about equal time to shine and everyone looked good. This was an extremely well worked match for its standards and the fact that not even everyone in this match is in a feud right now. Also, in a pleasant surprise, the babyfaces won when Skip Beau hit Mobstar with the Flow Down. Yet another 49 for a midcarder contest, I am telling you the signs of improvement are there!

MATCH 5:

Then followed the second match between contenders for the tag titles as Marc Raisin went up against Nathan Black and got a win that would have been surprising if Dermott hadn't lost earlier. The action was crisp and the match didn't last as long, but it was slightly less compelling than the previous match due to the predictability factor. Raisin won with the Raisin D'Etre springboard forearm, a move that looks really damn good. 46.

MATCH 6:

Last 40 minutes of the show were all wrestling and while I like it, it didn't sit that well with the crowd. They're supposed to be more alive for a stacked main event than this, as Intrepid Ian Identity and Whippy the Clown faced Donte Dunn and Joey Poison in front of 300 mostly silent people. Well, until the good match woke em up and had them cheering like crazy for the hot tag on Donte- who they seem intent to keep as relevant as possible even if he's probably not winning the Canadian title feud- who cleared house and made Ian submit! Donte got him in the Fujiwara Armbar and Ian tapped within miliseconds to protect his arm. 20 minutes of good action, and a lot of tension between Whippy and Joey. This gets a 53.

Overall, the show did its job but had one big dud and didn't hit the highs of last week. Nevertheless, the watchability of the product shines in almost everything they do, and there's more to come. I have heard a rumor of a couple great signings, but I cannot expose them and risk my friendship with Mr. Garcia himself. This week's show gets a 51, as the (self-inflicted) damage done in CGC keeps slowly healing itself.