Holler Out If You Still Play TEW 2016!!

Sticking with 2016, no gripe with 2020, 2016 is just my favorite version of the game!!!

Mine as well. A updated TEW2016 with the best features from TEW2004, TEW2013 and TEW2020 would have been even better.

This is my ongoing save game:

Ongoing TEW2016 save as Eric Bischoff taking control of WCW in 1993

Ongoing TEW2016 save as Jim Crockett Jr controlling the World Wrestling Network (new flagship promotion of the National Wrestling Alliance

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

New fan of the series here. Been playing a ton of 2013 as well as WS3 (The ones over on Steam). It's clear to me I"m going to want to move up to a more recent version. Can I get some detail on the differences between 16 and 20? Would it be worth it for me to jump right to TEW2020 since I never played 2016 and thus dont have any long running save file?

On 9/14/2022 at 4:04 AM, TigerClawTV said:

New fan of the series here. Been playing a ton of 2013 as well as WS3 (The ones over on Steam). It's clear to me I"m going to want to move up to a more recent version. Can I get some detail on the differences between 16 and 20? Would it be worth it for me to jump right to TEW2020 since I never played 2016 and thus dont have any long running save file?

You can try the trial versions before making up your mind.

Broadcaster preferences/settings have been removed in TEW2020, so the workarounds and tweaks have been removed. All broadcasters will just be a generic mass/bulk in TEW2020 since all lucha libre promotions have hardcoded heavy or key in mainstream.

Touring contracts, touring regulars and foreign talent can only have touring deals AI rule have been removed in TEW2020. This means that talent will be locked up on longterm deals and that touring promotions no longer can have favorite touring talent.

Game world settings and game world trends have been removed in TEW2020. So there are no workarounds and tweaks for modmakers. TEW2020 is built and balanced for the fictional C-Verse database and not built to simulate real world mods.

TEW2020 don't have grade graphics.

TEW2020 game and editor user interfaces are horrible. They should have kept the classic interface or hired the creator of the WMMA5 interface.

Talent instructions when sending talent to developement promotions have been removed in TEW2020.

The product preferences have been removed and replaced with hardcoded products.

Those are the ones I remember.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/13/2022 at 9:04 PM, TigerClawTV said:

I have 16 and 20 installed (and EWR for nostalgia and easy games). After playing 2020 exclusively for nearly a year, probably more, I went back to 2016. There are pros and cons to both, but they all depend on your play style. Also, check out the mods for each one, that could influence your decision. But like @Kubikiri Asa said, try the demos. (Hint: read his profile and check his site. The mod lists are a little easier to read.) I believe the demos are the full version, but only playable for a certain amount of in-game time. Like run a company for a month or something like that, but all the options are available!

Edited by djskeemask
  • Thanks 2

On 9/13/2022 at 9:04 PM, TigerClawTV said:

I would buy 2016 if you are looking to fantasy book to any degree.  I've tried to get into the demo of 2020 multiple times and I just can't.  I'm of the opinion that 2020 tries to control how you play the game too much.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/20/2022 at 7:50 PM, Kubikiri Asa said:

You can try the trial versions before making up your mind.

Broadcaster preferences/settings have been removed in TEW2020, so the workarounds and tweaks have been removed. All broadcasters will just be a generic mass/bulk in TEW2020 since all lucha libre promotions have hardcoded heavy or key in mainstream.

Touring contracts, touring regulars and foreign talent can only have touring deals AI rule have been removed in TEW2020. This means that talent will be locked up on longterm deals and that touring promotions no longer can have favorite touring talent.

Game world settings and game world trends have been removed in TEW2020. So there are no workarounds and tweaks for modmakers. TEW2020 is built and balanced for the fictional C-Verse database and not built to simulate real world mods.

TEW2020 don't have grade graphics.

TEW2020 game and editor user interfaces are horrible. They should have kept the classic interface or hired the creator of the WMMA5 interface.

Talent instructions when sending talent to developement promotions have been removed in TEW2020.

The product preferences have been removed and replaced with hardcoded products.

Those are the ones I remember.

That's enough from keeping me buying it... 
Only thing I see as a positive step, is that raise requests are removed in 2020... I hate those 😁

But yeah, I'm still playing TEW'16, with no plan on purchasing 2020.