This is Awesome! An AWF Diary (T-Verse)

pGMoula.jpg

From "voiceofwrestling.com"

12/25/2020 - Happy Holidays to the readers of voice of wrestling dot com. It's your favorite loud, jolly larger than life character ... no not Santa... the voice of wrestling, Clay Clinton! I'd like to once again thank you, the readers, because without you, I would not be able to enjoy what I love most; the world of wrestling, for almost 20 years since the closing of World Wide Wrestling.

As most of you know, I have always had a "soft spot" for a particular Wrestling Company here at voiceofwrestling.com. For as long as I can remember, the Awesome Wrestling Federation has reminded me of the sports entertainment giant I once called home, WWW. Very recently, I've been in discussions with CEO and AWF owner Johnny Valleau, and I am proud to announce that as of January 1, 2021, I, Clay Clinton, will be the new booker of AWF. Though this may come as a shock to some of you, if you remember, this very site was responsible for the AWF hiring of Thomas Aria. I've maintained a friendship with the powers who be, and after showing interest in booking for a company, myself and Mr. Valleau were able to come to an agreement. Additionally, I will be joining the broadcasting team on a PPV basis only. Johnny and I both agree that I am here as a booker first, and a broadcaster second. Sitting behind the desk has always been my dream, and I will appreciate every single minute that I spend back there while on AWF pay-per-view. I have more than enough confidence in Kyle Howard and Kitty Reardon to continue covering the Retribution announcing duties with such expertise as they have in the past.

Now some of you may be wondering, what happens to the site? Not to worry, although my blog posts may be farther apart, I will still be maintaining the website. I plan on giving updates after each monthly pay-per-view event, as well as reporting on any major news within not only AWF, but the world of wrestling.

Best Regards,

Clay Clinton

P.S. This is Awesome!

pGMoula.jpg

From "voiceofwrestling.com"

12/25/2020 - Happy Holidays to the readers of voice of wrestling dot com. It's your favorite loud, jolly larger than life character ... no not Santa... the voice of wrestling, Clay Clinton! I'd like to once again thank you, the readers, because without you, I would not be able to enjoy what I love most; the world of wrestling, for almost 20 years since the closing of World Wide Wrestling.

As most of you know, I have always had a "soft spot" for a particular Wrestling Company here at voiceofwrestling.com. For as long as I can remember, the Awesome Wrestling Federation has reminded me of the sports entertainment giant I once called home, WWW. Very recently, I've been in discussions with CEO and AWF owner Johnny Valleau, and I am proud to announce that as of January 1, 2021, I, Clay Clinton, will be the new booker of AWF. Though this may come as a shock to some of you, if you remember, this very site was responsible for the AWF hiring of Thomas Aria. I've maintained a friendship with the powers who be, and after showing interest in booking for a company, myself and Mr. Valleau were able to come to an agreement. Additionally, I will be joining the broadcasting team on a PPV basis only. Johnny and I both agree that I am here as a booker first, and a broadcaster second. Sitting behind the desk has always been my dream, and I will appreciate every single minute that I spend back there while on AWF pay-per-view. I have more than enough confidence in Kyle Howard and Kitty Reardon to continue covering the Retribution announcing duties with such expertise as they have in the past.

Now some of you may be wondering, what happens to the site? Not to worry, although my blog posts may be farther apart, I will still be maintaining the website. I plan on giving updates after each monthly pay-per-view event, as well as reporting on any major news within not only AWF, but the world of wrestling.

Best Regards,

Clay Clinton

P.S. This is Awesome!

Hello all! First timer here. A lot of great diaries here on the forums have inspired me to write one of my own as I dive into the Thunderverse with the intentions of my first long term save with the database. I'm fairly new to the TVerse in general, so the combination of the unknown and sharing my diary here should serve as more than enough motivation to keep this going for as long as I see fit.

I've written sports themed diaries in the past, but never about booking a promotion, so apologies in advance for some of the headscratching booking / formatting changes you may see as we go.

That being said, please feel free to provide any feedback, comments, questions etc. as all are welcomed and encouraged. And as always, I hope you enjoy!

Tour The Company

AWF.jpg

Owner: Jonny Valleau

Booker: Clay Clinton

Figurehead: Timothy Hawk

Founded: Jan 2005 - Present

Home Venue: San Jose, CA

Region: South West, USA

Starting Funds: $1,100,000

Size: Medium

Product: New Generation Awesome (PG Rated Sports Entertainment)

Ga84OI1.jpg

TV Shows:

AWF Retribution

An 'A' show that runs for one and a half hours. Held on Tuesdays, but shown on Wednesdays. Taped one episode at a time. Broadcasted on Sports Choice TV on a late evening slot.

P1z5If9.jpg

Events:

AWF New Year, No Limits : Sunday, Wk4, January

AWF No Love Lost : Sunday, Wk4, February

AWF Battle for Los Angeles : Sunday, Wk4, March

AWF Chaos Reigns Supreme : Sunday, Wk4, April

AWF Mayday Melee : Sunday, Wk4, May

AWF Cage Rage : Sunday, Wk4, June

AWF Wrestlefest :Sunday, Wk4, July*

AWF Uprising : Sunday, Wk4, August

AWF Power to the People : Sunday, Wk4, September

AWF The Hollywood Horror Show : Sunday, Wk4, October

AWF Fall Brawl : Sunday, Wk4, November

AWF Where Champions Clash : Sunday, Wk4, December

*denotes company's biggest event of the year

Titles:

AWF-World.jpg

AWF World

Starting Prestige: 70

The "Big Gold Belt" of the AWF, the World title has been held by some of the biggest names of the past two decades. Once spray-painted with the logo of PWSUX, the title has been the centerpiece of several superb storylines over the years.

AWF-United-States.jpg

AWF United States

Starting Prestige: 65

Although the lineage of the AWF United States title only goes back to 2006, the company likes to claim that the belt was actually a continuation of the RAWA United States title. No one is entirely sure why.

AWF-Starlets.jpg

AWF Starlets

Starting Prestige: 50

Although it was once seen as a prop for the eye candy "wrestlers" that were all the rage during the early 2010s, the AWF Starlets title has begun to gain prestige over the past few years, thanks to the likes of Amy Ladner, Rosa and Alexis James.

AWF-World-Tag.jpg

AWF World Tag Team

Starting Prestige: 40

Not the most respected tag team title in history, the World Tag Team titles were vacated for two years after Casey Skym declared tag wrestling a dead sport. Whilst the likes of ALPHA are bringing back some prestige, there is still a long way to go.

AWF-TV.jpg

AWF Television

Starting Prestige: 40

Created in 2014 as a way to give the lowercard something meaningful to fight for, the AWF Television title might not be the most prestigious title in the company but it is the most frequently defended.

Wrestler Spotlight

5aUxABX.jpg

Name: Timothy Hawk

Nickname:"The Main Event"

Finishing Move: Hang Time

Size: Muscular Light Heavyweight

Achievements: 2015 Wrestler of the Year, 10x AWF World Champion, 2x AWF United States Champion, 2x AWF World Tag Team Champion

Bio: Timothy Hawk (born July 1980) is an American professional wrestler, television personality and movie star. No wrestler since Terry Thunder has had quite the mainstream impact of Timothy Hawk. Hailing from St Louis, Hawk debuted back in 2000 and quickly established himself as a hot prospect thanks to his incredible charisma and innate star quality. Joining the AWF in 2005, Hawk went on to become a grand slam winner in the company and was been the biggest star in American for most of the 2010s.

However, whilst Hawk's rise to the top of the sport was nothing short of phenomenal, the AWF's one-sided booking meant that by 2015 fans were beginning to tire of "The Main Event". A successful stint as host of hit competition TV show "American Hercules" saw his mainstream popularity rise further still, however the time away from the squared circle, lengthened by a rare injury, has seen his drawing power finally begin to slide a little.

Booker Notes: Hawk is called "The Main Event" for a very obvious reason. It took just under 7 years for Timothy to win the Big Gold Belt for a record breaking 9th time. Time is not on the megastar's side, however, and he hasn't had a run with the belt since the first half of 2019. Between his age, health, the crowd's burnout, and the ever shining stars of Hollywood, people are beginning to question just how much fuel Hawk has left in the tank.

Location: ???, somewhere between Santa Cruz and San Jose, California

Date: January 2, 2021

Ob0yFeb.jpg

Johnny Valleau

There he is! Clay, baby! Mr. Clinton! The voice of World Wide Wrestling! Or better yet: The New Head Booker of The Awesome Wrestling Federation! Yeah!

WKb6xYZ.jpg

Clay Clinton

Hello, Mr. Valleau. It's nice to see you, it's been a while. Although, I'm not sure why we are meeting in the middle of nowhere considering we have a show later toni-

Johnny Valleau: Clay! It's Johnny to you, please! Now I have called you here because I have a few things I wanted to discuss before we kicked off tonight! Now as you do know, while I enjoy wrestling, as I always have been a fan, I do have some other "hobbies" if you will! One of these "hobbies" is making money! Now, I look at you, and I see dollars! That being said, I have the following expectations that I'd like you to aim for:

Owner Goals

Goal #1: The financial balance of AWF must have improved to at least $2,250,000. Expires in 2 years.

Goal #2: Timothy Hawk must be kept above 77 overall popularity in USA. Expires in 1 year, 6 months.

Goal #3: Jonah Huntley must be kept above 71 overall popularity in USA. Expires in 2 years, 8 months.

Goal #4: You can't hire any wrestler who is classed as having a Technician Flyer style. Expires in 1 year.

Goal #5: You can't hire any wrestler who is classed as having a Daredevil style. Expires in 1 year, 8 months.

u5yiU62.jpg

AWF Retribution #40

Tuesday, Wk 1, January 2021

San Jose, California

Expected Attendance: 2,609 fans

Backstage incidents: The Modfather pulled a great rib on the entire lock room that had everyone laughing afterward. Also, General Mayhem was brought before the Wrestler's Court for being an hour late picking up his assigned travel partner. The judge, Monstrosity, sentenced him to pay for his travel partner's meals for the next three shows.

Dark Matches:

Match:N8 Omega def Max Rubble in 7:19 by pinfall with an Omega Driver. (Rating: 31)

Match:The Highrollers def Local Workers in 3:52 when Malik pinned Xavier with a ROC DAT. (Rating: 27)

Match:Riley Johansen def Creature Preacher in 5:35 by submission with a Ri-Rack. (Rating: 36)

Main Show:

Ob0yFeb.jpg

Segment:Johnny Valleau welcomes the crowd to the first Retribution of the year! He hypes the main event: a clash of champions! The AWF World Champion Core will take on The AWF United States Champion Aaron Price in a non-title match tonight! (Rating: 40)

8PvlNfd.jpgayEdPfr.jpg

vs naQh5Br.jpgoj7zc1Q.jpg

Match: In a decent match, ALPHA defeated Military Discipline in 7:10 when Hunter Wolfe pinned General Mayhem with a Power Trip. ALPHA make defence number three of the AWF World Tag Team Titles. (Rating: 46).

NLSo3vY.jpg

Segment: AWF Starlets Champion Amy Ladner is accompanied to the ring with the rest of the Mean Girls Club. She berates Alexis James with a poorly acted "skit" impersonating James. James runs down to the ring and he match starts. (Rating: 53)

a3OXFrh.jpg

Match: In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but terrible wrestling, Alexis James defeated Jenn Powalski in 5:42 by pinfall with a Night of Funk. (Rating: 48)

XeJNFIb.jpg

Segment: Black Gold is backstage in Johnny V's office. He says that Johnny V forgot to mention the "swaggiest cat in the AWF alley, Black Gold" in his opening statement. Johnny V says that he sees money in Black Gold, but he must prove to Johnny that he is worth the investment. He tells Black Gold to get ready, because he has a match, next! (Rating: 32)

XeJNFIb.jpg vs 0v9Xwak.jpg

Match: In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Black Gold defeated Ankur the Great in 6:12 when Ankur the Great got disqualified after going into an attacking rage. (Rating: 47)

slvWDg7.jpgcdXu0k7.jpg

Segment: Derrick Romeo is backstage being interviewed by Emma Stone. He cuts a promo about how excited he is for the new year of Awesome Wrestling here at AWF! He mentions that he is excited to battle for the AWF "Big Gold Belt" but is cut off by AWF's newest signee, Jonah Huntley. Huntley mocks Romeo, and tells him to "take notes" as his match is next. (Rating: 80)

cdXu0k7.jpg

Segment: Recap of the end of the year Retribution show, specifically Huntley's debut. (Rating: 72)

cdXu0k7.jpg vs 7FuBsNf.jpg

Match: In a bout that had good heat and decent wrestling, Jonah Huntley defeated Temerario in 10:29 by pinfall with a StarMaker. (Rating: 64)

cdXu0k7.jpg7FuBsNf.jpg

Segment: After the match, Huntley offers Temerario a hand. Temerario takes it, mistakenly trusting Huntley. Huntley hits another StarMaker, looks down at Temerario and laughs as his exit music plays. (Rating: 60).

oiY6HaK.jpg

Segment: As Temerario manages to make an exit, future AWF Hall of Famer Wilson Hancock makes his way to the announcer's table. He says that he's been scouting Aaron Price, and that he isn't impressed. (Rating: 55)

Cz60MeW.jpg vs kjCSrGr.jpg

Match: In a bout that had great heat and decent wrestling, Core defeated Aaron Price in 13:40 by pinfall with a Korah's Parable after a distraction from Wilson Hancock. (Rating: 60)

slvWDg7.jpg

Segment: After the match, a camera backstage shows a man laying collapsed in the parking garage. It's Derrick Romeo, completely unconscious. A referee tells onlooking staff to call an ambulance, as the show goes off the air. (Rating: 61)

Total Show Rating: 67

From TotalExtremeWrestling.com : The Internet's LARGEST Pro Wrestling Database!

0UbUuZR.jpg

January, Wk1, 2021 Headlines

-AWF Start the Year Off With a Bang

-PWI Star Scott Seal to miss up to 3 months with vitreous homorrhage

-Rumors swirl as ELL cut off all relationships with other Mexican promotions

-Trent Brooke wins GWS Red Phoenix Title at GWS Warfare!

WKb6xYZ.jpg

Clay's Quick Hitters

-Retribution #40 aired and received a 0.29 rating with 233,550 viewers. Actual attendance was closer to 2,412.

-Riley Johansen (the All-American Patriot) and Creature Preacher (the Undead Preacher) have some pretty good chemistry when working together. Maybe we will wait for CP to develop better in-ring skills before we pitch that storyline.

-Black Gold and Ankur the Great also have some great chemistry. Their match went better than expected, with Gold really selling for Ankur who remained looking strong after attacking the ref, forcing the DQ.

-I heard through the grapevine that General Mayhem is upset with me for asking them to put over ALPHA. ALPHA is one of the only if not the only team who can be a major player in our tag division... once it's completely rebuilt, that is!

-Johnny V, I love your enthusiasm, but stick to the script!

After a much needed vacation from irl we are back in the saddle here with a few shows being written up and coming later today!

For now, predictions. Moving forward (specifically after Retribution 41), we're going to cut back on some match lengths in order to get more faces on AWF television. Without further ado:

AWF Retribution #41

DZ Jenkins © vs Jesse Mills (AWF TV Title)

Core © vs Prince Kamehameha (Non-Title Match)

Military Discipline vs Aaron Price © & Black Gold

Ankur The Great vs American Eagle (Local Talent)

Daryl Lance vs Jonah Huntley (#1 Contender Match)

u5yiU62.jpg

AWF Retribution #41

Tuesday, Wk 2, January 2021

Los Angeles, California

Expected Attendance: 2,780 fans

Backstage incidents: N8 Omega was brought to wrestler's court for not going out with the rest of the AWF Roster. He was sentenced to buying a round for the guys and gals at the next gathering at the water hole.

Dark Matches:

Match: N8 Omega defeated Eddy Lemaitre in 5:28 by pinfall with an Omega Driver. (Rating: 22).

Eddy Lemaitre looked off his game

Match: Wilson Hancock defeated Lenny Rhodes in 5:38 by pinfall with an One For The Ladies. (Rating: 50)

Match: Amy Ladner defeated Kimberly Knight in 8:06 by pinfall with a Dance Till You Drop. (Rating: 44)

Main Show:

Ob0yFeb.jpg

Segment: Johnny V opens the show. He says that Derrick Romeo being attacked on AWF television is unexcusable. Johnny V says that he is working with the venue to check all security cameras, and says that Johnny V will get to the bottom of this! While he works on solving the case, Johnny V also mentions that we have a pay-per view coming up, and with Romeo injured there will need to be a new number 1 contender, which will be decides in tonight's main event! (Rating: 53)

UZ3DIDm.jpgZVWmVVd.jpg vs DYwmk1d.jpg

Match: In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, DZ Jenkins defeated Jesse Mills in 7:24 by pinfall with a Freakin’ Brillance. DZ Jenkins makes defense number four of the AWF TV title. (Rating 49)

UZ3DIDm.jpgwu1IkKo.jpg

Segment: After the match, DZ Jenkins is celebrating with the crowd and doesn't see N8 Omega make his way to the ring, who attacks him and hits an Omega Driver. The announcers say it's clear that DZ Jenkins has a new opponent next week. (Rating 49)

Cz60MeW.jpgvs Ojv0JTn.jpg

Match: In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Core defeated Prince Kamehameha in 7:15 by pinfall with a Korah’s Parable. (Segment 58)

Core came out of the match looking good.

Cz60MeW.jpgOjv0JTn.jpg

Segment: Core picks up a microphone. Standing over Prince Kamehameha, he tells the AWF crowd that he doesn't give a damn who JV throws at him, he's going to kick their ass. He drops the mic and hits another Korah's Parable on Prince Kamehameha, leaving his lifeless body in the ring. (Rating: 72)

XeJNFIb.jpgkjCSrGr.jpg

Segment: Backstage, Black Gold enters Aaron Prince's locker room. He tells Prince that they are going to make magic tonight, as Johnny V has

teamed them up to take on Military Discipline, coming up next! (Rating: 49)

XeJNFIb.jpgkjCSrGr.jpg vs naQh5Br.jpgoj7zc1Q.jpg

Match: In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Aaron Price and Black Gold defeated Military Discipline in 8:10 when Aaron Price pinned Corporal Punishment with a Price You Pay. During the match, Wilson Hancock once again made his way ringside, but Aaron Price was able to ignore the distraction to secure the victory. (Rating 54)

Black Gold was the weak link, struggling to keep up with everyone’s in-ring performance. Also, Aaron Price and Black Gold showed excellent chemistry teaming together.

qqJDOlh.jpgkjCSrGr.jpg

Segment: After the match, Wilson Hancock grabs a microphone and mocks Aaron Price for "needing a partner" to get a win here at AWF. He is careful to not get too close to the ring, as Price stands in the center, fuming, goading Wilson to get in the ring with him. (Rating: 64)

AP struggled because other people weren’t following a script. Hancock was superb working with a script, he had the crowd in the palm of his hand the entire time.

yk47E20.jpggYzt0Km.jpg

Segment: Backstage, The Devastator's cut a promo, saying they have been brought here to DESTROY the tag team division and anybody who gets in their way. They are focused on ALPHA, who they will be challenging for the tag team belts at the end of the month.

0v9Xwak.jpg vs 2EvdOYr.jpg

Match: In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but terrible wrestling, Ankur the Great defeated American Eagle in 5:01 by pinfall with a Punjabi Power. (Rating 32).

While Ankur's ability to squash other wrestlers really showed here, so did the extreme lack of psych.

cdXu0k7.jpg

Segment: Backstage, Jonah Huntley gives an interview. He boasts that he is the ONLY star here at AWF, and tonight he will become #1 Contender, and in 2 weeks he will be the AWF World Champ, merely one month after making his AWF debut (on AWF Retribution #39). (Rating: 75)

Jonah Huntley can really cut a promo; he looked very good here.

cdXu0k7.jpg vs m8V4IMO.jpg

Match: In a bout that had great heat and good wrestling, Daryl Lance defeated Jonah Huntley in 15:09 by pinfall seemingly out of nowhere after Derrick Romeo ran in and attacked Jonah Huntley. (Rating: 74)

slvWDg7.jpgcdXu0k7.jpg

Segment: Derrick Romeo is here! He is already through the crowd before Huntley can figure out what is going on, and before Romeo makes his exit, he turns and stares down Huntley from the top of the stands. (Rating: 78)

Final Show Rating: 74

From TotalExtremeWrestling.com : The Internet's LARGEST Pro Wrestling Database!

0UbUuZR.jpg

January, Wk2, 2021 Headlines

-AWF to show Retribution on VOD on WrestleNet for rest of 2021 fiscal year.

-Brooklyn Bully to retire

-Kintaro Kinjo defeats Juro Deguchi to retain the UPJ International Heavyweight title in early MOTY favorite at UPJ Blue Rhino Cup 2021

-AWF sign Lenny Rhodes, Alexia Dynamite to handshake deals.

WKb6xYZ.jpg

Clay's Quick Hitters

-This weeks AWF Retribution scored a .31 TV rating with 235,025 viewers. There were 2,604 fans in attendance.

-With the new streaming deal, AWF officially hits Canadian screens. With the closure of both GNW and MHR in the past few years, AWF looks to strike while the iron's hot and throw their hat into the Canadian Squared Circle.

-Black Gold and Aaron Price showed great chemistry during this weeks tag match. Will AWF really use Price, who is on the brisk of a main event push, to elevate Black Gold??

-Daryl Lance is the new AWF World Title #1 Contender... can he topple Core at AWF New Year, No Limits and complete the grand slam?

-Don't expect to see Lenny Rhodes on AWF TV anytime soon. The 23 year old will be shown exclusively in dark matches for the time being until he further develops.

-Alexia Dynamite was FUSION's woman's champion for most of 2020. Expect AWF to utilize her high flying abilities more than her comedic performances... At least we hope!

Wrestler Spotlight

Cz60MeW.jpg

Name: Core

Nickname: "The Demon Machine"

Finishing Move: Korah's Parable

Size: Bulky Big Heavyweight

Wrestling Style: Powerhouse

Achievements: 2019 Veteran Wrestler of the Year, 4x AWF World Champion, 2x AWF World Tag Team Champion, AWF United States Champion

Bio: Core (real name Phillip Jackson, born May 1975) is an American professional wrestler, standing 6'11'' and weighing in at around 360lbs. A sight to behold, Core started his career as the masked monster Korah in World Wide Wrestling and he was making some serious waves under a superb, metallic mask as a silent, masochistic and violent demon. Before he could truly have a game-changing impact, however, WWW fell.

After two years away from the sport, Korah returned to became a shock signing of the Awesome Wrestling Federation, and he quickly began wreaking further destruction under the name Core. Having spent much of his early career as a one-dimensional monster, by the 2010s Core was finally beginning to see some character development. His first run as a babyface in 2013 was seen as a success, but arguably the biggest moment for Core came with his unmasking in 2015. Although a constant force in the upper card for the AWF, Core is more gatekeeper than top guy these days.

Booker Notes: There are certain guys that you would kill to book during the peak of their careers; Core is the epitome of this. The brilliance behind the unmasking of Core (once known as Korah) not only gave the man a whole new look on wrestling life, but transformed the AWF landscape for years to come. We'll likely never see a talent like Core again, the man simply has it all, even at an old age. Despite being in the twilight of his career, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if we allocated this guy into the "AWF Gatekeeper" role. Instead, we'll have to give this legend everything we have and make sure that he ends his career on his own terms.

AWF Retribution #42 Predictions

DZ Jenkins © vs N8 Omega (AWF TV Title)

ALPHA © vs Seth Vanderdyne & Jesse Mills (Non-Title Match)

Daryl Lance vs Ebi Kadivar

Aaron Price © vs The Fyre (AWF US Title)

Jonah Huntley vs Derrick Romeo