Welcome to the new Forums and a FAQ!

Welcome to our new Grey Dog Software forums. It took some work to get here, but I think it was worth it! Now time for the FAQ:

1. I can't login using my username... HELP!

You now login using your email (not username) - your old password should work

2. Uh oh, I don't remember the email I used... HELP!

You can register with a new email and we can switch your user once you login.

3. I forgot my password, what do I do?

Click "Sign in" and below the option you will see "Forgot your password". Go ahead and click that link and enter your email. Yes, on this new server, you will actually get the email.

4. I see a lot of new options on the top left by my username, What do they do?

The + Create allows you to immediately start a new thread in a forum from the top
The "globe" shows you all your forum notifications
The quote bubbles brings up your private messages (these were all imported as well)
The slider at the end allows you to customize the theme. You can choose different blurred out background images and other aspects. The default is the desert of course :)

5. There seem to be a lot of new features, it's a little overwhelming!

You are telling me. We will be working to get a better handle on all the different new tools at our disposal. You may see some small changes as we learn more to leverage these and improve the user experience.

6. I see a floating ad on the bottom of the screen - what's up?

I have completely redone the ad system to feature a floating ad you can click the "x' to remove while reading that page. It will reappear when you switch posts/subforums - but it is a lot less intrusive than old ads and should just sit at the bottom. These ads will help us pay for this new forum and we appreciate you guys trying them out.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1