New Forum Minor issues Thread

Ok main issue im finding with the new forum is that users can't edit posts that were transferred over from the old forums (they can however edit new posts)

Also that old forum code like [img] no longer work and has to be done differently here so all old threads now have broken images that cannot be fixed as they can't edit it.

so likely creators, dynasty writers and mod makers who use their first page of the thread as an updating space to have the latest version / collection of their work on them, or have dynasties that use images through them, will have to transfer the entire thing over to a new thread.

Bigger issue is that this means all old image threads, rerender threads, alt threads are rendered dead/broken and cannot work as repositories.

Edited by Kamchatka

You will probably need to wait for the next few hours or days for all of the threads to look normal. I'm looking through my own, old diaries and they are all in various states of conversion. Some have BB Code working as intended while others not so much. 

Not sure about the permissions for editing, but I'm guessing that is also still in progress.

Apparently the old forum code is fixing itself slowly in some threads. I could be wrong, but I saw images being just fine in some dynasty threads. Could be that they were not written in [IMG] but we'll have to wait and see I suppose.

EDIT: Edit function is working!

Edited by Smasher1311

Another issue I just

1 hour ago, Kamchatka said:

Ok main issue im finding with the new forum is that users can't edit posts that were transferred over from the old forums (they can however edit new posts)

Also that old forum code like [img] no longer work and has to be done differently here so all old threads now have broken images that cannot be fixed as they can't edit it.

so likely creators, dynasty writers and mod makers who use their first page of the thread as an updating space to have the latest version / collection of their work on them, or have dynasties that use images through them, will have to transfer the entire thing over to a new thread.

Bigger issue is that this means all old image threads, rerender threads, alt threads are rendered dead/broken and cannot work as repositories.

Speaking of which regarding image formatting, this is what I get when I try to view older posts in my diary with images:

GDS error message - picture formatting.jpg

• Kamchatka changed the title to New Forum Minor issues Thread
1 hour ago, Old School Fan said:

Another issue I just

Speaking of which regarding image formatting, this is what I get when I try to view older posts in my diary with images:

GDS error message - picture formatting.jpg

Based on my below screenshot, I am thinking this might be another permissions thing? Not sure if we need permission to view BBCode or use BBCode or if the forum needs it 'enabled', but the fact that the original post shows code but my quote post doesn't seems weird. I distinctly remember being able to use code for spoilers in the old forum's Dynasties section but not in the General Discussions section, so I know its possible.

image.thumb.png.893ea26e1fb0a814e96989dc5ba6413d.png

Edited by Dalton
  • Like 1