New Forum Minor issues Thread

Just got this update:

Hi Arlie,

I'm a developer here, Marc asked me to take a look at the posts you have missing. We've come up with a plan to fix those for you, however it may be the end of the week before they become visible for you.

We'll keep you updated with the progress.

--
Stuart Silvester
Invision Community Support

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Now I've just spotted a new problem that I just ran into - up until a few minutes ago, I had 490 posts displaying in my post count (shown here):

GDS error message - 490 posts earlier.jpg

But when I took a look at my post count a few minutes ago, it had dropped unexpectedly to just 302:

GDS error message - dropped to 302 posts.jpg

What happened to cause this?  Did I just suddenly end up losing almost 190 posts for some reason or other?

1 hour ago, CGN91 said:

Yea I've lost posts too. I was over 1k yesterday :D

I don't post a lot, but most of my posts came after 21 March, and my number has changed too, I think I'm down to 20 something and was about 80 on the old forum. Also lost my entire render thread is missing on this forum, but I guess it came after 21 March.

10 hours ago, Old School Fan said:

Now I've just spotted a new problem that I just ran into - up until a few minutes ago, I had 490 posts displaying in my post count (shown here):

But when I took a look at my post count a few minutes ago, it had dropped unexpectedly to just 302:

What happened to cause this?  Did I just suddenly end up losing almost 190 posts for some reason or other?

I think they are implementing a fix for bringing over the post. Your 490 number was based on all the posts being over (pulled from VBulletin). But, not all of them came. It seems like they are re-running the counters as posts come over. My expectation would be that your posts would increase until close to the 490 number as all come back over

13 hours ago, Old School Fan said:

On my end I've actually GAINED posts somehow, going from 3.4k yesterday to 3.8k today 😕

To add to Hollywood's post, line breaks are definitely an issue, not just in the dynasty section. It seems lines are double spaced and line breaks have that "Add Space After Paragraph" option from Microsoft Word or something by default, and so we need to hit shift+enter to go down a line instead of two lines and it still leaves a huge amount of space in between lines. Hope that makes sense. 

It's a relatively minor thing but would be a massive QoL fix for the majority of users. 

Edited by Dalton

5 minutes ago, Arlie Rahn said:

Given we are now in HTML, I think this is standard.
short line break is Shift+enter

big line break (new paragraph) is just enter.

Let me see if I can mess with the CSS and make it tighter

I did shift+enter for my post in the Dynasty thread and it still looks a bit too large of a space.

Test
Test

Edited by Hollywood

You guys can use the <style> tag before your post.

Here's what I used here. I just pasted this under "Source" before posting:

<style type="text/css">
p
{
  margin:0;
  padding:0;
  line-height: 1em;
}</style>

So I started the post, clicked "source" pasted the above style and then clicked source again to get the toolbar back for my post

51 minutes ago, Arlie Rahn said:

<style type="text/css">
p
{
}</style>

So I started the post, clicked "source" pasted the above style and then clicked source again to get the toolbar back for my post

Thanks Arlie! For those looking for the same spacing as the old forum, the following code closely resembles it:

<style type="text/css">
p, div
{
  line-height: 1.2;
}</style>

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, eayragt said:

Two posts from March 22 and one from March 23 now appear - I think we're moving!

Good to hear.  On my end, on the other hand, my diary posts beyond March 21 still have not appeared yet, but reading what you mentioned does give me some hope.

3 hours ago, Dalton said:

To add to Hollywood's post, line breaks are definitely an issue, not just in the dynasty section. It seems lines are double spaced and line breaks have that "Add Space After Paragraph" option from Microsoft Word or something by default, and so we need to hit shift+enter to go down a line instead of two lines and it still leaves a huge amount of space in between lines. Hope that makes sense. 

It's a relatively minor thing but would be a massive QoL fix for the majority of users. 

I had the same problem when I noticed the first post on my diary thread yesterday - for some odd reason, it had developed huge gaps in between paragraphs and I wasn't able to fix it in the editor to make it look the way I wanted it to, and I was leary of editing it via source code in the event I ended up inadvertently messing it up even further.  I've saved my non-event diary chapters on my computer via use of the rich text format, though, so what I did was paste the text from the original post that I had saved in RTF into the first post to reformat it and saved it, and it came out fine, as shown below:

GDS - reformatted text.jpg

4 hours ago, Arlie Rahn said:

<style type="text/css">
p
{
}</style>

Thank you Arlie! A good workaround.

Is there a way to solely view your Followed threads and pick up reading that followed thread at the last read message? The previous board had this option, but I cannot for the life of me find that option here. All I see is an option to read posts for all followed threads in an activity stream, which is confusing.