The League, Redux: Seasons 8 and Beyond Game Thread

I can see the storms on the horizon. I know what’s coming, and I feel almost powerless to stop it.

I knew the chances I was taking by offering him a return back here. I thought time might have lessened his rage, would make him less of a liability to the health of others.

I was wrong. And then my error in judgment was compounded when he started bringing the Italians in. 

Cue the flashbacks to Elyssa, and the car bomb that detonated in front of our home here when she was going to work. All because she was in law enforcement and was looking into a family looking to expand into Maryland. A simple woman, doing her job with honor, and it cost three lives, two of whom weren’t even born yet, and nearly caused me to end my own. To this day, I still owe a life debt to Terrance Warder, though he claims we are even because I introduced him to Amelia.

Cue the flashbacks to the sudden dissolution of my first marriage, where my wife at the time was kidnapped, made pregnant against her will, and then mentally snapped. All because of another Italian family who thought I would be their meal ticket for a sudden cash influx so they could expand out of the Charlotte, North Carolina area. Another life close to me, snuffed out, a family left in ruins, and a member of that extended family denouncing them altogether to come work for me under a purple domino mask.

And now, he wants to bring his “friends” in to try to hamper my life. To try to break me again. All because he feels that I held him back for years, that I wrote the book, the rules to favor me and keep him suppressed because it was my company and I scripted what happened. Never mind, of course, that The League has no script. His failings fall directly at his feet. He needed to be better. He needed to not choke away wins as often. 

But he refuses to listen. So now he cries out into the void for anyone to hear, “Woe is me, for I was oppressed. Now I am the Oppressor, for I have finally learned to not give away matches to other people. Now I run the bully pulpit, and answer to no man or God.”

If I were to confront him directly over this, at this point in time, it would doom The League. No one wants to stay in a place where the boss will get into shouting matches with those who come to work for him. But I know morale is sinking as his grasp starts to tighten on everything I’ve spent years building.

There’s really only one way to confront a bully like him. A way I told my wife, my friends…hell, I told the entire world that I would never do again. It’s the only language a bully understands.

But can I do it, though it costs me The League?

Or am I really going to have a choice in the matter by the time everything is said and done?

\___(^)___/

Residence of William Prydor

Bel Air, Maryland

June 25, 2024, 9:48 AM local time

“Tori, I’m starting to worry about Will.”

“Then you’re only about two months behind me, Amelia,” Tori Montgomery-Prydor responded. “I’ve seen Will at his worst. He’s not quite that far down yet but I’ve been worried it’s only a matter of time.”

Frowning slightly, Amelia Warder looked at her boss’s wife. “Is it stress from running The League and still trying to keep the school going?”

Tori shook her head in the negative. “No. It’s not overwork stress. It’s more…uncertainty and second-guessing himself.”

The Aerie’s second-in-charge went to say something, paused for a moment as a thought struck her, then carefully said what she had been planning to. “Tori, before this goes too much further…you sure this isn’t breaking confidentiality with Will? I’m sure there’s some things he tells you that aren’t meant for my ears.”

“If I am, Amelia, he can get on my case later. But when Elyssa even tells me that she thinks Daddy’s sad, that’s when I know it’s serious.”

Amelia let out a low whistle. “All right. Now you have my undivided attention, Tori. Talk to me.”

“It’s Templeton.”

Amelia nodded at this. “Yeah, somehow that doesn’t surprise me. Is he worried about the mob taking over?”

“Kind of. It’s that plus something happening to his family and friends that lets The League and such fall into their hands. Remember, it’s not the first time Will’s had to deal with this sort of threat.”

“Just this time, no being the hero and going into one of their business fronts wired and wearing a bulletproof vest, right?”

“Preferably. His hero days are behind him.” Tori sighed, shifting her gaze for a moment to check on Will II, asleep nearby. Curled up next to him, seemingly content, was one of their two cats, a Russian Blue named Vil that Will had managed to coax inside several years ago when the cat was a stray. “I’m just not sure what I can suggest to him to try to ease his burden a little.”

The beginnings of an idea were forming in Amelia’s mind, and she looked over at Tori. “Correct me if I’m wrong on any of this, Tori. Will’s the principal owner and Chair of the Board, right?”

“For all that the board consists of three people, and two of them are in this room right now, you’re almost right. Will and I are joint owners, 50/50 split.”

The idea started to form a little more solidly in her head now. “Is it public knowledge that the venture is jointly owned?”

“Yes, but not the share of the ownership. Just that he and I both are owners.”

With that revelation, the idea crystallized in Amelia’s mind. “I…think I might have an idea, Tori. It’s going to be a bit sketchy in places, but…”

“Should I call Will over?”

“Let me run it past you, first. He might be a little too stuck in the middle to see outside things. So, here’s what I have in mind. First, you need to convince him to…”

\___(^)___/

“…and that’s as far as I’ve managed to think ahead.”

Tori sat, stunned at the thoughts that had just come pouring out of Amelia’s mouth. It was a damned risky idea. She nearly told her to stop a few times in describing it, but she kept quiet just to be sure…and in hindsight, she reflected, it was a good thing she had. The plan wasn’t fool-proof, since hardly any plan ever is, but for something just thrown out there, it was a solid one. It took her another few seconds to realize that Amelia was still talking.

“…don’t have any contacts that might be able to help, but—”

“Ames, let me worry about that part.”

“So you’ll—”

“Yeah. He’s due back in a few minutes for his usual lunch break and to peek in on the kids. We can run this past him then. It might let him feel better in the end, and if so I think that’s worth the cost even if I think it’s too high to bear and may disapprove.”

Amelia had to bite the inside of her cheek from saying the first thing that came to mind. Even the worst case scenario?

As if on cue, the front door of the house opened, and his baritone voice called out, “Lunch time!”

“Daddy!” came the call before the sound of footsteps on wooden floors closed in on his spot. Then, the sounds of a little girl’s laughter rang out as Elyssa was picked up by her father, and the pair walked in to the den where Tori and Amelia had been talking. Will seemed to sense something serious had transpired as he looked between his wife and his friend. “Either you two ladies have been talking about me, or I have a bruise somewhere I don’t know about.”

Tori nodded to Amelia. “It was your idea, Ames.”

Amelia sighed. “Will, you may want Elyssa to leave the room for a second while the grown-ups speak. She might not want to hear this…”

\___(^)___/

LEAGUE COMMISSIONER TO JOIN COMMENTARY BOOTH NEXT WEEK

Tori Montgomery-Prydor, press liaison to The League

It was announced on social media moments ago that Will Prydor, Commissioner of The League, would be joining the commentary desk this week alongside Bob Sinclair and Frankie Garnett. This would not be Prydor’s first time behind the microphone, as he has sat in on commentary at a few points over The League’s past four seasons. In addition, he was the play-by-play announcer for New Legends of Wrestling in their final tour during the summer of 2015.

“Short of actually getting into the ring to compete once again, there’s no other way to experience it from my point of view,” Prydor said in a statement. “Admittedly, League fans are more used to my wife on the microphone at the desk, but Tori has graciously decided to let me handle the guest commentary duties for a change of pace. It’ll be good to get back out there and feel the energy in The Aerie when we go live this week.”

Prydor would provide no comment on the ongoing investigation into the ending of the Rock Sheridan/Daniel Simmons match last week, as he stated he would not comment on currently ongoing investigations.

The League will air on YouTube at 11:00 AM eastern US time on Saturday after being recorded on Friday night, as is their customary schedule.

• Like 4

ALPHA DIVISION

(4) Christian Priest (1-2, OVR 564) vs. (2) Nuclear Templeton (3-0, OVR 603) [First Career Meeting]

You know, Priest might have the best shot at beating Nuke here in the first half. He's not gonna do it, barring Nuke coming out flatter than a pancake, but the opportunity is there.

(7) Brian Blackfield (1-2, OVR 564) vs. (3) Brandy McDonald (2-1, OVR 557) [Career: Brandy McDonald, 2 - 0]

Yeah, I agree. Blackfield hasn't managed to figure out Brandy yet.

(8) Jean-Paul Ouilette (0-3, OVR 520) vs. (1) George Mastachas (3-0, OVR 573) [Career: George Mastachas, 2 - 0]

Start taking odds on JPO being relegated, folks. This is going very poorly.

(5) Lucas Molina (1-2, OVR 486) vs. (6) Reverend Johnny Gross (1-2, OVR 513) [Career: Tied 1 - 1]

Gross won with a non trademark move before. A bit lucky, plus different division. Plus gotta back my guy when I believe in him, right?

BETA DIVISION

(2) Diego Rodriguez (2-1, OVR 492) vs. (3) De'siree Mitchell (2-1, OVR 513) [First Career Meeting]

This is, arguably, the battle for #2 here in the first half. I am backing De'siree, but this is the match this week I would not be at all surprised to see the other one win.

(1) Monty Dhillon (3-0, OVR 521) vs. (5) Kichi Hida (2-1, OVR 451) [Career: Monty Dhillon, 4 - 2]

Just like Molina and Priest, Monty and Kichi seemed to be bound together forever. There is no escape. With that said, I don't believe Kichi will be promoted again, and if Monty doesn't have double digit wins I'll be extremely shocked.

(8) Angela Wassermann (0-3, OVR 444) vs. (4) Billy Norris (2-1, OVR 533) [Career: Billy Norris, 6 - 2]

The League's longest running "rivalry" gets another chapter. In quotes because Norris has owned her quite thoroughly. This ought to continue.

(7) Pulsar (0-3, OVR 476) vs. (6) Yoshii Nakamatsu (1-2, OVR 500) [Career: Yoshii Nakamatsu, 4 - 0]

Another butt kicking for Pulsar. Yoshii's dominated him at times the last two seasons.

GAMMA DIVISION

HARDCORE MATCH: (6) Markus Clay (1-2, OVR 442) vs. (1) Indigo Rose (3-0, OVR 477) [Career: Indigo Rose, 4 - 2]

It's Rose's division to lose.

(3) Leon de Ramos (3-0, OVR 429) vs. (2) Blood River (3-0, OVR 476) [First Career Meeting]

I think Leon ought to keep rolling here. He could get swarmed, but I think River doesn't have quite enough off an advantage to pull off the W.

(4) Daniel Simmons (1-2, OVR 448) vs. (5) Lance Heartilly (1-2, OVR 430) [First Career Meeting]

I just...I dunno. It feels right.

(8) Rock Sheridan (0-3, OVR 414) vs. (7) Nocturne (0-3, OVR 410) [Career: Nocturne, 2 - 0]

Hate to say it, but Rock seems like this seasons basement jobber.

DELTA DIVISION

FIRST BLOOD MATCH: (7) Terra Harding (0-3, OVR 406) vs. (3) Terrance Stevens (2-1, OVR 443) [First Career Meeting]

Brawler vs. any other type in a First Blood match? Gosh. Also Terra hasn't impressed yet.

(4) Erick Gibson (2-1, OVR 424) vs. (6) "Dirty" John Murdoch (2-1, OVR 412) [First Career Meeting]

Yes, I have caught the Terry Funk vibes. Let's go Murdoch. Show me what you're made of.

(8) George Stevens (0-3, OVR 388) vs. (5) Diamond (2-1, OVR 446) [Career: Diamond, 2 - 0]

...look, George's career record speaks for itself at this point, and Diamond almost promoted last season.

(2) Mickey Steele (2-1, OVR 413) vs. (1) Scott Stevens (2-1, OVR 400) [Career: Tied 1 - 1]

Steele Justice trying to make his promotion case after a poor first season in the League. Scott's not about to make it easier, but I think he takes this one.

Edited by Eternal Phoenix
  • Like 3

THE LEAGUE: SEASON TWELVE, WEEK FOUR

GAMMA DIVISION

5vWV1hg.jpg (8) Rock Sheridan (0-3, OVR 414)

vs.

(7) Nocturne (0-3, OVR 410) BEVGy0x.jpg

Whatever Nocturne told Indigo Rose earlier in the season, it did her no favors here. Sheridan won this one in a squash, needing less than seven minutes to get his first win of the season and put Nocturne in real jeopardy of having a “lost” season before even getting to the midpoint of said season.

Rock Sheridan (1-3) def. Nocturne (0-4) via Pinfall (Tacoma Choke Slam) in 6:27.  Rating: *

Changes for Rock Sheridan:  OVR + 2.66, XP + 509.26, no notable damage

Changes for Nocturne:  OVR -2.88, XP + 127.32, no notable damage

DELTA DIVISION

OndApuF.jpg vC6SXqZ.jpg (2) Mickey Steele (2-1, OVR 413)

vs.

(1) Scott Stevens (2-1, OVR 400) fYy1oxq.jpg fTtB0pK.jpg

The Delta Division continues to put out sub-ten-minute bangers this season. The trend continued here with Steele getting out to an early advantage, seeming to hit the Steele Scissor at will on the Scorpion. He only got one shot at the Mickey Finn, though…and missed. Stevens made his comeback from there, and though he didn’t manage to land a Toxic Sting, Scott did deliver the piledriver on the second effort. Unlike Terra Harding last week, Stevens only needed the one piledriver to put away Steele in this early Match of the Night runner-up.

Scott Stevens (3-1) def. Mickey Steele (2-2) via Pinfall (Deep in the Heart of Texas) in 9:35.  Rating: ****

Changes for Scott Stevens:  OVR + 3.69, XP + 565.37, minor damage to head

Changes for Mickey Steele:  OVR + 0.79, XP + 141.34, minor damage to head

In order to prove that the author is not a filthy liar and that this match went under 10 minutes, below is the context of the match in its entirety.

Mickey Steele vs. Scott Stevens

(00:00) *** The match began

(00:05) Steele blocked a Jab Punch

(00:12) Steele easily avoided a Punch.

(00:16) Steele hit a Slap To Chest

(00:19) Steele hit a Forearm Blow

(00:19) Scott shrugged off the blow

(00:23) Scott hit a Begging Off Eye Poke

(00:30) Steele easily avoided a Punch.

(00:37) Steele hit a Monkey Flip

(00:44) Steele picked up Scott from behind

(00:48) Steele hit a Forearm To Back Of Head

(00:57) Scott avoided a Kick To Knee Rush.

(01:00) Scott hit a Begging Off Sucker Punch

(01:03) Scott hit a Punch

(01:07) Steele slipped out of the back of a Side Headlock

(01:14) Steele hit a Chop Block

(01:27) Steele hit a Running Half Senton

(01:31) Steele hit a Seated Back Kick

(01:38) Scott avoided a Stomp Flurry.

(01:41) Scott hit a Punch

(01:44) Scott hit a Forearm Blow

(01:58) Scott applied a Front Facelock

(02:02) Scott hit a Slap To Chest

(02:06) Steele blocked a Samoan Drop

(02:09) Steele countered a Roundhouse Punch with a Punch

(02:16) Steele hit a Running Forearm Blow

(02:20) Steele hit a Leaping Elbow Drop

(02:27) Steele hit a Half Senton

(02:34) Scott Stevens moved out of the way from a Running Knee Drop.

(02:41) Scott hit a Knee Pull

(03:00) Scott applied a Rope-Assisted Choke Hold

(03:00) The referee gave Scott a stern warning

(03:08) Mickey Steele very easily moved out of the way from a Posing Elbow Drop.

(03:18) Scott avoided a Stomp Flurry.

(03:25) Scott hit a Running Knee Lift

(03:29) Scott hit a Running Knee Drop

(03:33) Scott hit a Seated Back Kick

(03:42) Mickey Steele very easily moved out of the way from a Running Knee Drop.

(03:51) Scott Stevens moved out of the way from a Running Knee Drop.

(04:01) Mickey Steele very easily moved out of the way from a Leaping Elbow Drop.

(04:08) Steele hit a Seated Dropkick

(04:13) Scott fought back against being picked up

(04:19) Scott hit a Roundhouse Punch

(04:23) Scott hit a Seated Back Kick

(04:33) Mickey Steele very easily moved out of the way from a Leaping Elbow Drop.

(04:39) Scott avoided a Running Seated Dropkick.

(04:46) Scott hit a Strong Charging Forearm

(05:09) Scott almost got a count out

(05:13) Steele broke a Toxic Sting

(05:19) The impact of that Steele Scissor just cut right through Scott Stevens!

(05:27) Scott Stevens moved out of the way from a Running Knee Drop.

(05:44) Scott hit a Double Axe Handle Smash Flurry

(05:48) Steele fought back against being picked up

(05:56) Scott avoided a Spear after both wrestlers failed in their attacks.

(05:59) Steele countered a Low Blow with a Throat Thrust

(06:05) The impact of that Steele Scissor just cut right through Scott Stevens!

(06:12) Steele hit a Seated Dropkick

(06:22) Steele picked up Scott

(06:28) The impact of that Steele Scissor just cut right through Scott Stevens!

(06:38) Steele picked up Scott

(06:52) Steele hit a Running Knee Strike

(06:59) Steele picked up Scott

(07:08) Scott avoided a Mickey Finn.

(07:11) Scott hit a Forearm Blow

(07:14) Scott hit a Handshake Sucker Punch

(07:17) Scott hit a Jab Punch

(07:24) Scott hit a Running Clothesline

(07:28) Scott hit a Legdrop

(07:32) Scott hit a Seated Back Kick

(07:51) Scott applied a Rope-Assisted Choke Hold

(07:51) The referee gave Scott a stern warning

(07:58) Scott hit a Snap Driving Elbow

(08:08) Scott picked up Steele

(08:15) Steele easily avoided a Spinning Elbow Blow.

(08:19) Scott blocked a Thrust Kick

(08:25) Scott countered a Spinning Back Fist with a Roundhouse Body Punch

(08:30) Steele blocked a Toxic Sting

(08:35) Steele blocked a Deep in the Heart of Texas

(08:39) Steele hit a Thrust Kick To Corner

(08:44) Scott broke a Corner Forearm Flurry

(08:48) Steele slipped out the front of a Powerbomb

(08:54) Scott countered a Spinning Elbow Blow with a Roundhouse Punch

(09:01) Scott picked up Steele

(09:05) Steele countered a Hammerlock Powerbomb with an Open Handed Slap

(09:15) Scott avoided a Hard Knee Strike.

(09:31) Scott Stevens lands that piledriver from Deep in the Heart of Texas!

(09:35) *** Scott got a three count on Steele

DELTA DIVISION

fTtB0pK.jpg UOpfoyB.jpg (8) George Stevens (0-3, OVR 388)

vs.

(5) Diamond (2-1, OVR 446) 0rDaDU8.jpg

George’s woes continue in the Delta Division, as Diamond utterly dominated this one. While Stevens managed some offense, it was nowhere near enough to threaten the First Lady of the League. The top rope swanton bomb was enough to do the trick as Diamond continues to show that she perhaps is ready to get back into the Gamma Division.

Diamond (3-1) def. George Stevens (0-4) via Pinfall (Diamond in the Sky) in 5:13.  Rating: *

Changes for Diamond:  OVR + 2.13, XP + 442.30, no notable damage

Changes for George Stevens:  OVR -3.30, XP + 110.57, minor damage to head

DELTA DIVISION

E5dgVEm.jpg O63FjvG.jpg (4) Erick Gibson (2-1, OVR 424)

vs.

(6) "Dirty" John Murdoch (2-1, OVR 412) dw4KJ41.jpg

Will Prydor: Ah, yes. The limbo match.

Frankie Garnett: Come again?

Will Prydor: Simple, Frankie. “How low can you go?” Two men who think nothing of breaking every rule they know, and even a few they make up on the fly, facing off. Who’s going to outcheat the other?

Bob Sinclair: I’m actually surprised you allow this in The League, Will.

Will Prydor: A wrestler far greater than I once said that if you can’t win, cheat. It’s a part of professional wrestling, after all. As long as you’re not looking to permanently injure someone, it’s good.

Bob Sinclair: That’s a concept I never thought I’d hear from you, Will. We’ll have to talk more about that later, because right now this Delta Division contest is underway!

(00:04) Gibson blocked a Begging Off Sucker Punch

(00:11) Murdoch applied a Standing Arm Bar

(00:18) Murdoch hit a Single Leg Trip

(00:22) Murdoch hit an Elbow Drop

(00:26) Murdoch hit an Elbow Drop On Knee

(00:34) Murdoch hit a Stomp To Groin

(00:41) Murdoch used a Face Rub Taunt

(00:45) Murdoch hit a Leaping Elbow Drop

(00:55) Murdoch hit a Headbutt To Groin

(00:55) The referee gave Murdoch a stern warning

(01:02) Murdoch hit a Knee Pull

(01:16) Murdoch applied a Body Scissors

(01:24) Murdoch hit a Stomp To Groin

(01:28) Murdoch hit a Leaping Elbow Drop

(01:35) Murdoch used a Face Rub Taunt

(01:45) Murdoch picked up Gibson

(01:50) Gibson broke an One Foot in the Grave

(01:54) Gibson hit a Face Rake

(02:08) Gibson applied a Side Headlock

(02:11) Gibson hit a Handshake Sucker Punch

(02:14) Gibson hit a Handshake Kick To Gut

(02:28) Gibson applied a Top Wrist Lock

(02:36) Gibson applied a Hammerlock

(02:42) Gibson hit a Blindside High Knee

(02:48) Gibson failed to get a count out

(02:58) Gibson hit a Discus Clothesline

(03:24) Gibson applied a Raised Bow And Arrow Lock

(03:40) Murdoch countered a Strong Open Handed Chop with an Open Handed Chop

Frankie Garnett: So much for strength being the deciding factor.

Will Prydor: Strength is never the be-all and end-all, Frankie. It was never my forte, after all, and I still won two Tag Team Turmoils and a League Championship.

Frankie Garnett: And in the process alienated The Oppressor.

Will Prydor: We’re talking about this match, Frankie, not him.

Bob Sinclair: Will, I would be careful with some of my words…

Will Prydor: I’m not a hard guy to find, Bob. That’s all I’ll say on the matter.

(03:44) Gibson blocked an One Foot in the Grave

(04:00) Murdoch hit a Standing Spinebuster

(04:04) Gibson broke a Legdrop To Groin

(04:11) Gibson hit a Knee Plant

(04:17) Gibson hit a Strong Open Handed Chop

(04:43) Gibson applied a Surfboard Bow And Arrow

(04:59) Murdoch broke a DDT

(05:04) Gibson slipped out of the back of a Stump Piledriver

(05:11) Murdoch countered a Chop Block with a Cheating Roll Up

(05:11) The referee warned Murdoch

(05:17) Murdoch picked up Gibson

(05:22) Gibson blocked a Stump Piledriver

(05:33) Murdoch manages to land a Dirty Combination!

(05:37) Gibson countered a Sit-Out Face First Suplex with an Eye Poke

(05:44) Murdoch countered a Begging Off Low Blow with a Side Headlock Takedown

(05:49) Gibson broke a Headbutt To Groin

(05:55) Gibson hit a Spinning Back Fist

(05:58) Murdoch countered a Spinning Elbow Blow with a Throat Thrust

(06:08) "Dirty" John Murdoch just told Erick Gibson that he has One Foot in the Grave!

(06:28) Murdoch applied a Boston Crab

Will Prydor: Oh, now that was a clean sequence. Legwhip right into the crab. Good chain wrestling there, pretty much expected from the veteran.

Bob Sinclair: Will, I’ve heard rumors about this, so I want to ask you on record.

Will Prydor: As long as I’m allowed to not comment if necessary, go ahead.

Bob Sinclair: Did you seriously at some point in your career consider the spinning toe hold for a finisher?

Will Prydor: (laughs) No, Bob. I can categorically deny that one. I admit, I geek out a little at a properly applied spinning toe hold, but no. I wanted the ankle lock from day one.

Frankie Garnett: Hands just a little too big, Will?

Will Prydor: That, and the ankle lock is a bit quicker and just as painful.

(06:45) Gibson broke a Stump Piledriver

(06:52) Gibson hit a DDT

(07:11) Gibson applied a Rope-Assisted Choke Hold

(07:11) The referee gave Gibson a stern warning

(07:25) Gibson applied a Single Leg Grapevine

(07:45) Murdoch broke a Powerbomb

(07:49) Murdoch hit a Begging Off Eye Poke

(07:49) The referee warned Murdoch

(07:52) Murdoch hit a Punch

(07:59) Murdoch hit a Single Leg Trip

(08:04) Gibson fought back against being picked up

(08:08) Murdoch slipped out the front of a Powerbomb

(08:15) Murdoch hit a Strong Charging Forearm

(08:30) Murdoch failed to get a count out

(08:34) Gibson slipped out the front of a Powerbomb

(08:50) Gibson hit a Piledriver

(08:54) Gibson hit a Measured Knee Drop

(09:01) Murdoch countered a Posing Elbow Drop with a Small Package

(09:06) Murdoch got a two count

(09:13) Gibson countered a Strong Charging Forearm with a Running Cheating Roll Up

(09:17) Gibson got a two count

(09:23) Gibson hit a Begging Off Low Blow

(09:27) Murdoch stopped a Slit Throat Motion by rushing Gibson

(09:37) "Dirty" John Murdoch just told Erick Gibson that he has One Foot in the Grave!

(09:43) Murdoch picked up Gibson

(09:47) Gibson broke a Knife in the Back

(10:03) Gibson hit a Stump Piledriver

(10:07) Murdoch blocked a Terminable Offense

(10:12) Murdoch slipped out of the back of the Rear Crossface Blows

Will Prydor: Now we’re starting to get serious. The big guns are coming out.

Frankie Garnett: So who has the advantage?

Will Prydor: Honestly? Gibson.

Bob Sinclair: How so?

Will Prydor: Because of Karen McClure. It’s hard to wrestle with an eye in the back of your head. If Karen sees an opening to interfere, you know she’ll take it. But Murdoch has to give her that opening first.

(10:22) Murdoch hit a Backbreaker

(10:37) Murdoch hit a Stomp Flurry

(10:47) Gibson got a rope break to stop a Double Cross

(10:57) "Dirty" John Murdoch just told Erick Gibson that he has One Foot in the Grave!

(11:01) Gibson stopped a Get Up Taunt by rushing Murdoch

(11:15) Gibson applied a Side Headlock

(11:31) Gibson hit a Stump Piledriver

(11:42) Gibson hit a Rear Naked Punch Flurry

(11:46) Murdoch blocked a Terminable Offense

(11:51) Murdoch blocked a Terminable Offense

(12:01) Murdoch hit a Short Arm Knee Lift

(12:12) Murdoch manages to land a Dirty Combination!

(12:28) That has to be the End of the Line for Erick Gibson, the piledriver connects!

(12:33) Murdoch got a two count

(12:37) Gibson countered a Begging Off Low Blow with a Slap To Chest

(12:41) Gibson hit an Eye Poke

(12:48) Gibson hit a Knee Plant

(12:53) Murdoch broke a Piledriver

(13:00) Murdoch hit a Strong Charging Forearm

(13:23) Murdoch almost got a count out

Frankie Garnett: Not sure I agree with that. Either go out there and inflict more punishment and then get the countout, or don’t even send him out there at all.

Will Prydor: I’m with Frankie on this one. You’re near the end of the match. You have the opponent reeling, why allow him a chance to catch his breath? We’ll see if that haunts Murdoch.

(13:27) Gibson blocked a Stump Piledriver

(13:43) Murdoch hit a Stump Piledriver

(13:49) Murdoch picked up Gibson

(13:54) Gibson broke an End of the Line

(13:58) Murdoch broke a Knee Plant

(14:09) Murdoch manages to land a Dirty Combination!

(14:15) Murdoch hit a Low Blow

(14:15) The referee furiously berated Murdoch

(14:19) Murdoch got a two count

(14:23) Gibson blocked an End of the Line

(14:39) Murdoch hit a Stump Piledriver

(14:53) Murdoch used a Get Up Taunt

(15:09) Murdoch hit a Sit-Out Face First Suplex

(15:18) Murdoch picked up Gibson

(15:23) Gibson blocked an End of the Line

(15:39) That has to be the End of the Line for Erick Gibson, the piledriver connects!

Bob Sinclair: Cover by Murdoch…one, two, three! Murdoch lands the piledriver, and picks up a win to continue his track record from the Omega Division!

Will Prydor: We’ve seen from our two Omega graduates this season that it’s sometimes hard to transition to the main roster. Murdoch’s had a better time of it, and at this rate he could be in line to move to Gamma next season!

Frankie Garnett: And that transition is also dangerous. Just ask Nocturne!

Will Prydor: Trust me, Frankie. I’ve been talking with Nocturne. She knows all too well.

"Dirty" John Murdoch (3-1) def. Erick Gibson (2-2) via Pinfall (End of the Line) in 15:43.  Rating: ****

Changes for "Dirty" John Murdoch:  OVR + 3.97, XP + 668.80, moderate damage to head

Changes for Erick Gibson:  OVR + 0.82, XP + 242.20, moderate damage to head, minor damage to body

This was the Match of the Night (1 [1st this season] for "Dirty" John Murdoch, 2 [1st this season] for Erick Gibson)

DELTA DIVISION FIRST BLOOD MATCH

uuVaRmi.jpg (7) Terra Harding (0-3, OVR 406)

vs.

(3) Terrance Stevens (2-1, OVR 443) 6r4P9L8.jpg

A very good match, but not to the level of half of the Delta Division on this night, this was a First Blood match that actually spilled to ringside and managed to stay there for a fair portion of the contest. Harding had no issues with using a steel chair to try to take out Stevens’ leg, perhaps to avoid the superkick, but Stevens simply would not be denied. No fewer than three Maple Leaf Meltdowns were hit in this contest, and try as he might he simply could not put Harding through a table with a DDT. Harding was equally unable to drill Stevens with a seated face plant onto a chair. In the end, a simple spinning elbow blow was enough for Stevens to bust open Harding, and the rookie is still denied her first main roster victory as Stevens picks up a hard-fought victory here.

Terrance Stevens (3-1) def. Terra Harding (0-4) via First Blood (spinning elbow blow) in 11:14.  Rating: ***

Changes for Terrance Stevens:  OVR + 3.88, XP + 525.84, moderate damage to head

Changes for Terra Harding:  OVR + 0.38, XP + 131.46, minor damage to head

GAMMA DIVISION

zd1WDAc.jpg (4) Daniel Simmons (1-2, OVR 448)

vs.

(5) Lance Heartilly (1-2, OVR 430) 9q89H6M.jpg

This match was Daniel Simmons’ to lose…and somehow he did exactly that. Readers may be asking how, if Simmons had such a sizable advantage, and the answer comes in Simmons’ choice of finishers. At no point did Simmons attempt a Blue Collar Driver, opting instead to try to submit the technician with his ankle lock. Naturally, Heartilly did not fall into that trap and only needed one shot at the figure four to get it applied and earn a submission of his own. Otherwise, not a very exciting match given the matches in the Delta Division earlier on.

Lance Heartilly (2-2) def. Daniel Simmons (1-3) via Submission (Hellacious Leglock) in 14:14.  Rating: **

Changes for Lance Heartilly:  OVR + 3.17, XP + 559.86, minor damage to head

Changes for Daniel Simmons:  OVR -1.78, XP + 139.96, minor damage to head

GAMMA DIVISION

zBWrwLg.jpg (3) Leon de Ramos (3-0, OVR 429)

vs.

(2) Blood River (3-0, OVR 476) hAfQcot.jpg VZFWcYa.jpg

Another decent bout, if a little shy of Match of the Night candidacy, this was a fast-paced bout despite de Ramos’ technical mien. He managed to keep pace with River’s speedy offense, and at one point seemed to even be a step ahead of the alleged cultist which really seemed to throw River for a loop. The De Ramos Driver made a rare appearance here, as Leon landed flush with it to put River down and out for the three. Leon is guaranteed at least a share of the best record in the division with his fourth win in as many weeks!

Leon de Ramos (4-0) def. Blood River (3-1) via Pinfall (De Ramos Driver) in 12:22.  Rating: ***

Changes for Leon de Ramos:  OVR + 3.71, XP + 605.40, no notable damage

Changes for Blood River:  OVR + 0.40, XP + 151.35, minor damage to head

GAMMA DIVISION HARDCORE MATCH

N0Y594C.jpg (6) Markus Clay (1-2, OVR 442)

vs.

(1) Indigo Rose (3-0, OVR 477) 2X2r9qf.jpg

On paper, this seemed to favor Clay. Rose is a technical wrestler, after all, what good is she in matches where the rulebook is just another weapon to use? She was fine until she allowed Clay to get some momentum in the latter third of the match. Despite her working on the legs of Clay, once he finally got his offense up to speed Rose had little chance to fend all of it off. Even her knee plant DDT that she’s used to great effect so far this season went for naught, but Clay’s springboard senton kept Rose down just long enough to hand the Italian her first loss of the season. Clay scores a minor upset in a match that realistically he was favored in anyway.

Markus Clay (2-2) def. Indigo Rose (3-1) via Pinfall (springboard senton bomb) in 12:06.  Rating: ***

Changes for Markus Clay:  OVR + 3.70, XP + 605.24, minor damage to head and legs

Changes for Indigo Rose:  OVR + 0.40, XP + 151.31, minor damage to head

TEAMS CURRENTLY CONFIRMED FOR TAG TEAM TURMOIL IN FOUR WEEKS

Aria of Thorns—Indigo Rose & Nocturne

Angela Wassermann & Diamond

Baptism of Violence—Reverend Johnny Gross & Brian Blackfield

TEAMS RUMORED TO BE JOINING TAG TEAM TURMOIL

(read as: not being made official until I receive agreement from all parties)

The First Church—Christian Priest & Monty Dhillon (defending champions)

The Stevens Dynasty—Scott and George Stevens

More teams to be announced next week.

BETA DIVISION

VfA2MW8.jpg (7) Pulsar (0-3, OVR 476)

vs.

(6) Yoshii Nakamatsu (1-2, OVR 500) xHVnvxD.jpg

This was one of Pulsar’s better showings of the season so far.  It still wouldn’t be enough, though. Despite dropping Nakamatsu into finisher territory, Pulsar could not get enough time to get to the top rope to attempt his Zodiac Implosion. He barely had time to go to the ropes at all, as Yoshii had him well scouted. It’d only take two attempts for Nakamatsu to land the Emperor’s Fall and notch his second win of the season.

Yoshii Nakamatsu (2-2) def. Pulsar (0-4) via Pinfall (Emperor’s Fall) in 14:17.  Rating: ***

Changes for Yoshii Nakamatsu:  OVR + 4.29, XP + 685.66, minor damage to head

Changes for Pulsar:  OVR + 0.88, XP + 171.41, moderate damage to head

BETA DIVISION

aOXlwtV.jpg (8) Angela Wassermann (0-3, OVR 444)

vs.

(4) Billy Norris (2-1, OVR 533) 6fYIC71.jpg

Readers may be familiar with a saying, “any given Sunday.” In this case, it’s “any given Friday” (as canonically The League tapes shows on Friday night to air on Saturday mornings on YouTube) given what just happened here. By three minutes in, Wassermann had Norris in deep trouble, but Norris found a way to fight back, picking up speed with rope-assisted offense. He’d miss a top rope splash, and later have his Bonzer Splash broken up by shaking of the ropes, while Wassermann missed a roundhouse kick that would have knocked Norris clean out. She did not, however, miss the opening at her cross arm breaker, and within short order Norris tapped out to the submission hold. Wassermann gets her first win of the season in what is most assuredly an upset in the Beta Division!

Angela Wassermann (1-3) def. Billy Norris (2-2) via Submission (Wassermann Cross Arm Breaker) in 12:51.  Rating: ***

Changes for Angela Wassermann:  OVR + 4.23, XP + 684.69, minor damage to head

Changes for Billy Norris:  OVR + 0.89, XP + 171.17, moderate damage to head

BETA DIVISION

vz0qqDp.jpg (1) Monty Dhillon (3-0, OVR 521)

vs.

(5) Kichi Hida (2-1, OVR 451) 4ZAKk1I.jpg

If someone asked fans of The League who would give Monty Dhillon the most trouble in Beta this season, it would likely be a close race between De’siree Mitchell and Kichi Hida. This match started out with heavy blows from the start and never really let up from either side. Dhillon kept trying to force his Hammer Press, only for Hida to counteract it every time. Glory in Violence led into a UFO Spin Elbow, and Hida tried to whip the much larger Monty into the ropes. Dhillon naturally reversed it, and Hida went flying into the official instead. Dhillon looked for the Blockade Lock, even if the ref was down, to try to weaken Hida into being helpless against his other finishers, but she avoided the hold and chained Glory in Violence into the UFO Spin Elbow once more, and then connected with Eternal Violence. She went for the cover, but the ref was still out. Kichi once again shouted something in Japanese that is probably not safe to transcribe here, as cameras caught that Dhillon was busted open from the knee strike. Hida landed a Funhouse Stomp, and then a second Eternal Violence to further worsen the laceration on Monty’s head. Before going for the cover, though, she physically hauled the ref over and slapped him once or twice in the face. This got the ref aware enough to make a count…and he got to three. The streak ends at 26 as Kichi Hida gives The Hammer his first taste of singles defeat since Season Ten!

Kichi Hida (3-1) def. Monty Dhillon (3-1) via Pinfall (Eternal Violence) in 13:08.  Rating: ***

Changes for Kichi Hida:  OVR + 4.24, XP + 684.88, moderate damage to head

Changes for Monty Dhillon:  OVR + 0.89, XP + 171.22, moderate damage to head

ALPHA DIVISION

oYmq2Bu.jpg LG3TCXf.jpg (5) Lucas Molina (1-2, OVR 486)

vs.

(6) Reverend Johnny Gross (1-2, OVR 513) d7FEgH5.jpg

The opening match in the Alpha Division this week was nowhere near the spectacle that last week’s Alpha opener was. This was a slow, deliberate match that saw Gross outwrestle the technician for the most part. Sure, Molina got his licks in when he could, but even Susana Reyes preventing a brainbuster wouldn’t be enough to save Molina—Gross hit said brainbuster less than twenty seconds later, after Reyes was removed from ringside—and in short order Gross clamped on the dragon sleeper that led to the eventual submission victory. For the fourth week running, Susana Reyes has attempted to play a role in Molina’s matches, with mixed results. (Author’s note: yes, I made sure her rating was 0. It’s still happened four weeks running. I am unable to figure out the odds of this happening with a 0 OVR manager doing this four weeks in a row!)

Reverend Johnny Gross (2-2) def. Lucas Molina (1-3) via Submission (Come to Jesus) in 11:39.  Rating: **

Changes for Reverend Johnny Gross:  OVR + 4.09, XP + 728.39, no notable damage

Changes for Lucas Molina:  OVR -0.69, XP + 145.68, minor damage to head

BETA DIVISION

G4sbiHU.jpg (2) Diego Rodriguez (2-1, OVR 492)

vs.

(3) De'siree Mitchell (2-1, OVR 513) T7PlxOP.jpg

Poor Diego. He got out of the starting blocks very late, and by the time he had gotten enough offense in to avoid this match being considered a squash, Mitchell was already eyeing him for the Blitz. One of the faster Beta Division matches out there, this ended in abrupt manner as Rodriguez got cut down in authoritative fashion, and Mitchell sets her eyes on Kichi Hida and the no-longer-unbeaten Monty Dhillon for the division lead.

De'siree Mitchell (3-1) def. Diego Rodriguez (2-2) via Pinfall (All Out Blitz) in 8:40.  Rating: **

Changes for De'siree Mitchell:  OVR + 3.50, XP + 629.41, minor damage to head

Changes for Diego Rodriguez:  OVR -1.08, XP + 157.35, moderate damage to head

ALPHA DIVISION

hYlEAC2.jpg p1IFTGG.jpg (8) Jean-Paul Ouilette (0-3, OVR 520)

vs.

(1) George Mastachas (3-0, OVR 573) FXyrc6C.jpg

Moving back to the Alpha Division for the remainder of the evening, this one was never in any doubt. Ouilette still seems to be suffering from last week’s dismantling at the hands of Nuclear Templeton, and Mastachas took every advantage he needed to. Despite the length of the match, Mastachas looked like he had barely broken a sweat before he applied his finishing submission for the quick tap from Ouilette. Mastachas remains perfect in the division so far, and now casts his eyes to the main event to see if his primary challenger for the division lead (and his opponent next week) can do likewise.

George Mastachas (4-0) def. Jean-Paul Ouilette (0-4) via Submission (Siren’s Call) in 15:33.  Rating: **

Changes for George Mastachas:  OVR + 4.20, XP + 731.20, no notable damage

Changes for Jean-Paul Ouilette:  OVR -0.83, XP + 182.80, minor damage to head

ALPHA DIVISION

Lp89uMT.jpg (7) Brian Blackfield (1-2, OVR 564)

vs.

(3) Brandy McDonald (2-1, OVR 557) gGexPKo.jpg

Dueling chants of “Let’s Go Brandy”/”Jug-ger-naut!” echoed in The Aerie before the opening bell, and there was a quick shake of hands between the two fan favorites. The match itself was nothing to write home about, really, just a standard competitive match. No long, sustained bursts of offense made the match feel a bit stifled as neither wrestler could establish a period of control. At one point, McDonald got so desperate to try to create an opening that she went to the top rope, something she rarely does, to connect with the Hang Over somersault leg drop. In the end, though, Blackfield had no remedy for the Hair of the Dog, and had to tap as Brandy managed to keep him from the ropes. It’s still early, but McDonald seems to have had a resurgence and could still prove to be a threat for the League Championship.

Brandy McDonald (3-1) def. Brian Blackfield (1-3) via Submission (Hair of the Dog) in 14:34.  Rating: **

Changes for Brandy McDonald:  OVR + 4.17, XP + 730.49, minor damage to head

Changes for Brian Blackfield:  OVR -0.80, XP + 182.62, minor damage to head

ALPHA DIVISION

MZ2VDcB.jpg YICOeYe.jpg (4) Christian Priest (1-2, OVR 564)

vs.

(2) Nuclear Templeton (3-0, OVR 603) FqeSGy6.jpg KufawJO.jpg

On commentary, Will Prydor said that this was the match he was looking forward to the most on the card. The way it played out, it would have been right at home in a pre-determined promotion like the SWF. There was overbooking galore (Pastor Abe Richards interfered twice, “Rigor” Tony Mortis did once and was quickly tossed, which led to Templeton nearly punching the ref in anger), there was a fair bit of back-and-forth, and a lot of both men seeming to shrug off the other’s best blows. The finish came right after Templeton had managed to bust Priest open with some seated knuckle punches. He went for a Radiation Leak, only for Priest to go to the eyes. A knee plant dropped Templeton, but when Nuclear avoided the follow-up kick to the back, he got back to his feet in a hurry and blasted Priest with an old-school, no-ripcord Armageddon Lariat. That kept Priest down for three, and Nuclear remains perfect on the season after a hard-fought win. Prydor mentioned to Bob and Frankie that Nuclear may have earned that one, but he still had Mastachas to come and that wasn’t going to be an easy match either.  Templeton apparently head this and stormed out of the ring, moving to the commentary position as both Frankie and Bob got out of danger, and shouted in Prydor’s face that Mastachas had nothing on him. The cameras caught Will shrugging, saying that he needed to prove that to George, not Prydor himself. Templeton seemed tempted for a moment, just a moment, to take a swing at Prydor, but settled instead for just shoving the Commissioner back into his seat before storming away from the commentary position. As the cameras faded to black on the sight of Templeton taunting the fans as he headed back to the locker room, the audio feed caught Will Prydor clearly on the mic:

“You’ve chosen violence. Then so be it.”

Nuclear Templeton (4-0) def. Christian Priest (1-3) via Pinfall (Armageddon Lariat) in 22:13.  Rating: ***

Changes for Nuclear Templeton:  OVR + 5.08, XP + 637.86, moderate damage to head

Changes for Christian Priest:  OVR + 1.31, XP + 159.47, moderate damage to head, minor damage to body

/\/\/\/\/\/\

STANDINGS AFTER WEEK FOUR

ALPHA DIVISION

1.  George Mastachas:  4-0, ATV 14:56, (AMR 2.250), OVR 576.91

2.  Nuclear Templeton:  4-0, ATV 18:56, (AMR 3.000), OVR 608.14

3.  Brandy McDonald:  3-1, ATV 14:50, (AMR 2.500), OVR 561.10

4.  Reverend Johnny Gross:  2-2, ATV 15:13, (AMR 2.000), OVR 517.18

5.  Christian Priest:  1-3, ATV 15:13, (AMR 3.000), OVR 565.21

6.  Brian Blackfield:  1-3, ATV 19:43, (AMR 3.250), OVR 563.31

7.  Lucas Molina:  1-3, ATV 17:32, (AMR 3.000), OVR 485.42

8.  Jean-Paul Ouilette:  0-4, ATV 0:00, (AMR 2.500), OVR 519.20

BETA DIVISION

1.  Monty Dhillon:  3-1, ATV 8:41 (AMR 2.250), OVR 521.75

2.  De'siree Mitchell:  3-1, ATV 10:40 (AMR 2.250), OVR 516.32

3.  Kichi Hida:  3-1, ATV 13:05 (AMR 3.250), OVR 455.52

4.  Diego Rodriguez:  2-2, ATV 11:06 (AMR 2.250), OVR 491.02

5.  Yoshii Nakamatsu:  2-2, ATV 11:53 (AMR 2.250), OVR 504.73

6.  Billy Norris:  2-2, ATV 12:03 (AMR 2.250), OVR 534.30

7.  Angela Wassermann:  1-3, ATV 12:51 (AMR 2.250), OVR 448.53

8.  Pulsar:  0-4, ATV 0:00 (AMR 2.750), OVR 476.81

GAMMA DIVISION

1.  Leon de Ramos:  4-0, ATV 13:18, (AMR 2.000), OVR 432.59

2.  Indigo Rose:  3-1, ATV 10:09, (AMR 2.000), OVR 477.39

3.  Blood River:  3-1, ATV 11:31, (AMR 2.500), OVR 475.95

4.  Lance Heartilly:  2-2, ATV 11:02, (AMR 1.750), OVR 432.93

5.  Markus Clay:  2-2, ATV 12:43, (AMR 2.500), OVR 445.87

6.  Daniel Simmons:  1-3, ATV 6:32, (AMR 2.000), OVR 446.50

7.  Rock Sheridan:  1-3, ATV 6:27, (AMR 1.500), OVR 417.07

8.  Nocturne:  0-4, ATV 0:00, (AMR 1.750), OVR 407.40

DELTA DIVISION

1.  Scott Stevens:  3-1, ATV 8:02 (AMR 2.500), OVR 403.82

2.  Diamond:  3-1, ATV 9:18 (AMR 2.500), OVR 448.27

3.  Terrance Stevens:  3-1, ATV 9:49 (AMR 2.750), OVR 447.20

4.  "Dirty" John Murdoch:  3-1, ATV 12:45 (AMR 3.500), OVR 416.00

5.  Mickey Steele:  2-2, ATV 9:02 (AMR 3.250), OVR 414.16

6.  Erick Gibson:  2-2, ATV 10:20 (AMR 3.500), OVR 425.16

7.  Terra Harding:  0-4, ATV 0:00 (AMR 3.250), OVR 405.89

8.  George Stevens:  0-4, ATV 0:00 (AMR 1.750), OVR 384.37

PREDICTION STANDINGS

1. Derek B: 48 [this week: 10]

2. SeanMcG: 45 [this week: 8]

3. Croquemitaine: 44 [this week: 9]

4. Jman2k3: 42 [this week: 10]

5. Eternal Phoenix: 41 [this week: 10]

WEEK FIVE SCHEDULE

ALPHA DIVISION

(2) Nuclear Templeton (4-0, OVR 608) vs. (1) George Mastachas (4-0, OVR 577) [Career: Nuclear Templeton, 5 - 3]

(6) Brian Blackfield (1-3, OVR 563) vs. (5) Christian Priest (1-3, OVR 565) [Career: Brian Blackfield, 2 - 0]

(3) Brandy McDonald (3-1, OVR 561) vs. (4) Reverend Johnny Gross (2-2, OVR 517) [Career: Brandy McDonald, 3 - 1]

(8) Jean-Paul Ouilette (0-4, OVR 519) vs. (7) Lucas Molina (1-3, OVR 485) [First Career Meeting]

BETA DIVISION

LAST ONE STANDING MATCH: (2) De'siree Mitchell (3-1, OVR 516) vs. (5) Yoshii Nakamatsu (2-2, OVR 505) [First Career Meeting]

(6) Billy Norris (2-2, OVR 534) vs. (3) Kichi Hida (3-1, OVR 456) [First Career Meeting]

(8) Pulsar (0-4, OVR 477) vs. (1) Monty Dhillon (3-1, OVR 522) [First Career Meeting]

(7) Angela Wassermann (1-3, OVR 449) vs. (4) Diego Rodriguez (2-2, OVR 491) [First Career Meeting]

GAMMA DIVISION

(3) Blood River (3-1, OVR 476) vs. (2) Indigo Rose (3-1, OVR 477) [First Career Meeting]

(6) Daniel Simmons (1-3, OVR 447) vs. (1) Leon de Ramos (4-0, OVR 433) [First Career Meeting]

(5) Markus Clay (2-2, OVR 446) vs. (7) Rock Sheridan (1-3, OVR 417) [First Career Meeting]

(4) Lance Heartilly (2-2, OVR 433) vs. (8) Nocturne (0-4, OVR 407) [Career: Nocturne, 2 - 0]

DELTA DIVISION

(3) Terrance Stevens (3-1, OVR 447) vs. (2) Diamond (3-1, OVR 448) [Career: Terrance Stevens, 2 - 0]

CAGE MATCH: (1) Scott Stevens (3-1, OVR 404) vs. (4) "Dirty" John Murdoch (3-1, OVR 416) [First Career Meeting]

(5) Mickey Steele (2-2, OVR 414) vs. (7) Terra Harding (0-4, OVR 406) [First Career Meeting]

LAST ONE STANDING MATCH: (8) George Stevens (0-4, OVR 384) vs. (6) Erick Gibson (2-2, OVR 425) [First Career Meeting]

TRAINING AND PREDICTION DEADLINE IS FRIDAY, JULY 5 AT 11:59 PM EASTERN US!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

ALPHA DIVISION

(2) Nuclear Templeton (4-0, OVR 608) vs. (1) George Mastachas (4-0, OVR 577) [Career: Nuclear Templeton, 5 - 3]

Alpha's #1 reasserts himself over #2.

(6) Brian Blackfield (1-3, OVR 563) vs. (5) Christian Priest (1-3, OVR 565) [Career: Brian Blackfield, 2 - 0]

Don't let that record fool you. This one's been a lot time coming, folks. That was three whole seasons ago. Priest has evolved considerably, adding much to his game. Blackfield...well, he kept on refining what brought him to the dance, choosing not to mess with success. As last season showed, this was not the best idea he's ever had. He can't even rely on adrenaline anymore, as Priest can simply tap him out. So yeah, I think Priest has surpassed him.

(3) Brandy McDonald (3-1, OVR 561) vs. (4) Reverend Johnny Gross (2-2, OVR 517) [Career: Brandy McDonald, 3 - 1]

Brandy is clearly setting herself up as Alpha's #3 this season, and I think the record speaks for itself.

(8) Jean-Paul Ouilette (0-4, OVR 519) vs. (7) Lucas Molina (1-3, OVR 485) [First Career Meeting]

Surely Lucas can beat JPO at least. Everybody's doing it. Surely...

BETA DIVISION

LAST ONE STANDING MATCH: (2) De'siree Mitchell (3-1, OVR 516) vs. (5) Yoshii Nakamatsu (2-2, OVR 505) [First Career Meeting]

Beta's now established #2 gets to establish exactly why she has that status by spearing Yoshii in half.

(6) Billy Norris (2-2, OVR 534) vs. (3) Kichi Hida (3-1, OVR 456) [First Career Meeting]

Kichi what are you doing you're supposed to be mid this season

Ahem. This could go either way, but Norris doesn't have a submission finish and Kichi has adrenaline. So y'know. 

(8) Pulsar (0-4, OVR 477) vs. (1) Monty Dhillon (3-1, OVR 522) [First Career Meeting]

Monty redeems himself from the inescapable Kichi Hida by beating the absolute hell out of poor Pulsar.

(7) Angela Wassermann (1-3, OVR 449) vs. (4) Diego Rodriguez (2-2, OVR 491) [First Career Meeting]

Diego would like to get back into the early promotion race, please.

GAMMA DIVISION

(3) Blood River (3-1, OVR 476) vs. (2) Indigo Rose (3-1, OVR 477) [First Career Meeting]

Time for Rose to reassert herself. If Leon can do it, so can she.

(6) Daniel Simmons (1-3, OVR 447) vs. (1) Leon de Ramos (4-0, OVR 433) [First Career Meeting]

Oh, Danny boy. The meta's changed while you've bee away. Being an all rounder doesn't quite cut it anymore it seems.

(5) Markus Clay (2-2, OVR 446) vs. (7) Rock Sheridan (1-3, OVR 417) [First Career Meeting]

Based on nothing but hope. Come on, Rock. Don't let me down all season, now.

(4) Lance Heartilly (2-2, OVR 433) vs. (8) Nocturne (0-4, OVR 407) [Career: Nocturne, 2 - 0]

I was about to bet on Nocturne repeating what she managed in Delta, but then I remembered Heartilly updated his moveset to match his improved skills in the offseason.

DELTA DIVISION

(3) Terrance Stevens (3-1, OVR 447) vs. (2) Diamond (3-1, OVR 448) [Career: Terrance Stevens, 2 - 0]

On paper, Diamond should win this. Which is exactly why I'm picking against her, because this is the exact type of match she loses.

CAGE MATCH: (1) Scott Stevens (3-1, OVR 404) vs. (4) "Dirty" John Murdoch (3-1, OVR 416) [First Career Meeting]

Round 1 of the Piledrivers Cup. I like Murdoch more. I just do. He's cool.

(5) Mickey Steele (2-2, OVR 414) vs. (7) Terra Harding (0-4, OVR 406) [First Career Meeting]

Harding is just disappointing so far. Steel may have something going here.

LAST ONE STANDING MATCH: (8) George Stevens (0-4, OVR 384) vs. (6) Erick Gibson (2-2, OVR 425) [First Career Meeting]

Gonna need to mop the sweat off the canvas after this one. I don't actually care who wins here. Gibson has a better overall record.

Edited by Eternal Phoenix
  • Like 2