WCW 1995

1773659964_WCW90s.jpg.f479b3d31e3586ed034b9c6abc59d163.jpg

1267060611_GeneOkerlund.gif.e6b7b0f88b4a17bea42ee8dcbd070718.gif

Mean Gene Okerlund is reporting exclusively from the WCW Hotline some HUGE news! Ted Turner's owned wrestling organization, World Championship Wrestling, is preparing to kick off their flagship Monday night program; WCW Monday Nitro THIS Monday night, LIVE and only on TNT! While they will keep their current programing, WCW Saturday Night and WCW Main Event, WCW Nitro will be the place to watch for all the latest news, events, and big matches every Monday night as it comes LIVE! There are no taped shows or pre-recorded events!!! This show will happen LIVE each and every week! Be sure to tune in this week as first show will kick off! Here are matches you can expect to see on this week's Monday Nitro!

1065663192_WCWMondayNitro2.jpg.ffbd7823b6781019e022c09d947f227d.jpg

Main Event

Sting vs Ric Flair

Hulk Hogan vs Big Bubba Rogers

Johnny B. Badd vs Brian Pillman

Monday Nitro will be live each and every week and the show will last for one hour on TNT! Call your local cable company to subscribe if you don't already have access to TNT so you don't miss out on all the action! WCW is where the Big Boys Play!

In other WCW news, I'm told that Steve "Mongo" McMichael and Mark Madden have been released from their deals effective immediately. 

I've received exclusive word that there should be some big surprises on Monday Nitro. I'm sworn to secrecy and all I can say is, you don't want to miss out on this new show!

That's all this week! You can expect weekly reports exclusively on the WCW Hotline! Kids, make sure to always get parents permission before calling in! 

** As a side note, I have attempted some dynasties in the past and have been tossing around the idea of starting a new one. I have been running my 1995 game for awhile and am right now in mid 1997. A lot has taken place and to be honest, the early game was a grind to get through. It probably would have helped if I started a dynasty then, but I'm attempting it now. I think it's been pretty fun and things have dramatically picked up steam as soon as I reached 1997. I hope you will join me on my path to reach WCW to great heights and success and enjoy this ride through an alternate history. As for my play style, I try to stay pretty realistic while at the same time taking paths I think make sense and are fun. You won't see me going on a signing spree and grabbing up all the talent available. You probably won't see Brad Armstrong become a world champion in WCW. You won't see me signing the Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, and Bret Hart all at the same time. If those contracts become available, I may not even decide to go after them. If it makes sense, I might, but if I have no plans for them or ideas, I find it useless to keep them unavailable from making my game world exciting and challenging.

I am playing as Eric Bischoff. I thought about keeping Turner the owner and being booker as Bischoff, but I didn't want to be limited by some things and thought it made more sense to have Bischoff as the owner. In game play, this allows me to utilize Bischoff just as he was, the President of the company with virtually no interference from Ted Turner. He's able to sign whoever he wants and not be restricted to monetary offer's from Turner. My champions are as follows;

World Champion

Hulk Hogan

US Champion

Sting

TV Champion

The Renegade

Tag Team Champions

Bunkhouse Buck & Dirty Dick Slater

I plan on only covering Monday Nitro and the Pay Per Views. In my prior dynasties, I think my burn out occurred when I spent a large majority of time putting together write ups on every single show as well as adding graphics to everything, including every match and show. This is just time consuming and while it does add to the visual aspect, it adds very little to the meat and potatoes of the story and path. So some people may be disappointed that I won't have all the flashy, shiny visual objects, I hope my story makes up for what lacks. If there is some big event that happens on one of the B shows, then I will add it into a recap during Nitro. As in real life, Saturday Night will be a big part of WCW as they find their niche with Nitro, so expect to see quite a few "recaps" during my Nitro write-ups at the beginning. This will slowly start to fade out as Nitro becomes more of the focus.

Again, I hope you guys will join me. While looking over this new forum, I did see where someone has started a WCW 1995 dynasty and I hope they aren't too similar, though I did see our first show is nearly identical. I assure you that everything at the beginning of this has already happened, as I'm halfway through 1997 in my game. Any similarities we may have is purely coincidental.

Edited by Henderson
  • Like 4

nitro.jpg.1c07d5d1990c7f42648b71ffecb656f1.jpg

Ocean Center - Daytona Beach, FL

Attendance: 7,932

WCW Monday Nitro kicks off the very first episode, LIVE on TNT with great fan fare and a large display of pyro. The crowd tonight in the Ocean Center is really fired up for this new generation of WCW. It's clear that WCW is going all out with this new show, as the production values are extremely high and crisp. The camera pans around the rowdy crowd before going to the announce booth with Eric Bischoff, Bobby "The Brain" Heenan, and Mike Tenay.

Eric Bischoff: Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the very first episode of WCW Monday Nitro, LIVE and only live from the Ocean Center here in Daytona Beach! Not only will we be presenting to you all of the top, premiere wrestling action each and every week, but it will be live every single week! Yes, that's right, LIVE! This isn't some pre-taped show, NO! Here on Monday Nitro, you never know what you're going to expect, and Bobby, you can be sure that we're going to have some unexpected surprises tonight!

Heenan: That's one thing I never really cared for, Bischoff; Surprises. One thing's for sure though, there's a locker room full of guys that are chomping at the bit to show what they've got. Monday night's are the place to be and I'm looking forward to some great action!

Tenay: As we kick off this truly historic moment for World Championship Wrestling, I can't help but feel this arena full of electricity. Eric, these fans are definitely ready for some action!

Bischoff: And action is what they're going to get! Fans, we don't have a bunch of cartoon character's on this channel! You might get that in some other wrestling organizations, but World Championship Wrestling is where the Big Boy's Play and we're going straight to in-ring action tonight on Nitro with our first match! Dave Penzer, it's all yours!!

Johnny B. Badd vs Brian Pillman

This is a battle between two wrestlers with similar, high risk styles. Badd came to the ring with his popular glitter stick, shooting confetti out to the crowd. Not only did it get a great reaction from the crowd, like always, but it also managed to make a complete mess at the ringside area, sure to be there for the rest of the show. The very first bout on Monday Nitro was enough to get the crowd engaged, but it wasn't too much to set the bar extremely high. Badd was seen as having a pretty mediocre performance in the ring while Pillman's stood out as being solid. Pillman picked up the win after hitting the Air Pillman. Booker's gave this match some great in-ring time at 9:43.

Rating: 56

Bischoff: Guys, what an exciting matchup! I'd say Brian Pillman has a bright future here in WCW.

Heenan: He's a bit of a loose cannon, but his ability in the ring is unquestionable. Whatever you do, don't get on his bad side.

Bischoff: That's an under statement. Folks, we have Mean Gene Okerlund standing by at the entrance way, go ahead Gene!

1609846757_GeneOkerlund94.jpg.2a5475c1c870af6c581d8f43df64b338.jpg

Mean Gene: Ladies and Gentlemen, I think it's safe to say that WCW Monday Nitro has kicked off on fire!! If I may, I think we're gonna heat it up just a little bit more, as I introduce to you the 11 time World Heavyweight Champion; Ric Flair!

The familiar theme from A Space Odyssey slowly builds in the arena which brings the fans to their feet. All kinds of lighting flashes at the stage entrance and a roar comes from the crowd as Ric Flair emerges, with a huge smile on his face. Flair holds his arms in the air as fireworks leap toward the roof of the arena. Flair struts down the ramp to meet Okerlund, who stands at the bottom.

Gene: Ric Flair, these fans in attendance , I think, are letting you know that they are firmly on your side!

flair.jpg.27244bc2cbb8d676c5804a09add60457.jpg 

Ric Flair: Mean Gene! The only thing more lovely than the beaches of Daytona Beach, are all the lovely ladies I see pass by while I'm out all night on the town! There are so many gorgeous women here in Florida, that if God had given me a million arms, I'd still have 'em lined down the highway! But Gene, as you know, I'm not here to talk about the girls, I'm not here to talk about stylin' and profilin', I'm not here to talk about any of that!

Gene: Indeed you're right, Nature Boy. Tonight in the first main event of Monday Nitro, you will take on United States Champion Sting in a non-title bout! The two of you are certainly no strangers to one another....

Flair: That's a fact, Gene. Stinger! You and I have gone around in circles more than anyone else here in WCW! I respect you, you're a hell of a talent and hard worker, but to be brutally honest, you're no Nature Boy! Tonight Sting, I'll show you one more time why I'm called the Dirtiest Player in the Game and why I'm still at the top of the mountain, US title or no US title! 

Gene: Nature Boy, can you give us a glimpse as to what the future holds for Ric Flair?

Flair: As always Gene, the future for the Nature Boy is just as bright as diamonds glistening in the lights! To cut to the chase and leave out any question, Hulk Hogan has something that will always belong to me! Tonight, I beat the United States champion Sting, and if it holds true that the #1 contender to the world champion is the US champion, then after tonight, there will be no mistake on who the #1 contender is, whether I have the belt or not! Hulk Hogan, I hope you don't have your calendar too lined up, cause we've got a date with destiny, pal!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Rating: 78

Flair's music hits and he makes his way back up the ramp and into the backstage area. The crowd is more lively after the interview with the Nature Boy and they get even more pumped up for one of the contestants in the next matchup.

Big Bubba Rogers vs Hulk Hogan

The crowd give a great reaction to the World Heavyweight Champion, though not so much for the former Big Boss Man. The title isn't on the line in this matchup, but Hogan plays to the crowd like it's a main event match at the sold out Georgia Dome. While all the kids in the crowd cheer for the Hulkster, there can be a low grumbling of disapproval toward Hogan, although you'd never know it by his actions. The match starts off as to be expected, slow. In the typical Hogan spots, he fails at a test of strength as Rogers throws a cheap shot. Hogan eventually fights his way out of it though, getting the crowd nice and involved. The momentum stops just as quick as it began though as Hogan is caught in a bear hug after rebounding off the ropes. Hogan gains his strength and inspiration from the Hulkamaniacs as they roar to life, cheering him on. Hogan takes control briefly, whipping Rogers from one corner to the other with quick clotheslines in between. Hogan, in typical Hogan fashion, signals that he's going to slam the "monster" that is Big Bubba, playing up to the crowd as Bubba stumbles around the ring. Hogan succeeds in his body slam and signals that the end is near, but all the fans in attendance can be seen looking toward the entry way, distracted from the match. Hogan eventually notices the crowd looking the other way and he, too, looks toward the stage.

luger.jpg.7f3b157d3fc7afcbd9ea38f69f794707.jpg

Tenay: That's.......!!!

Bischoff: Wha.....Wait a minute!! He's not supposed to be here!

The crowd stirs, excitement is in the air but they aren't quite roaring on their feet with cheers. No one is exactly sure what to think of Lex Luger showing up on Monday Nitro. Just days ago they were seeing Luger up North in another organization. Hulk Hogan is stopped dead in his tracks, his attention now fully toward Luger as he forgets about Big Bubba, who now is slowly getting to his feet and approaching the Hulkster from behind. Bubba grabs Hogan and spins him around, going for a huge right fist. Hogan, though distracted by Luger appearing, manages to duck out of the way of the right hand and gives a volley of his own fists. He backs Bubba into the ropes and whips him to the opposite side. Bubba crashes down hard to the mat from a huge Big Boot from Hogan. With little celebration, Hogan rushes to the ropes and bounces off, hitting Bubba with a massive Leg Drop. Hogan goes for the pin and gets it, finishing the match at 7:42.

Match Rating: 66

Luger Debut Rating: 74

Following the match, the announcers briefly go over their shock once again in seeing Lex Luger appear at Nitro. The night isn't over though as there's one final match of the night. After collecting themselves at the announce booth, "The Man Called Sting" begins to play over the speakers in the arena, which brings the crowd to their feet for the loudest reaction of the night. The US champion comes out in purple and black attire with matching face paint. The US title is secured around his waist as he yells out and flexes at the bottom of the ramp as fireworks explode behind him. After getting in the ring, his music fades out and the fans in attendance once again begin to hear "A Space Odyssey" slowly take over the arena. Ric Flair makes his own entrance in an orange robe. Flair enters the ring and he and Sting briefly go face to face as they've done many times before.

Non-Title:

Ric Flair vs Sting (c)

There's no other way to explain it, this is a typical Ric Flair vs Sting match. Even though fans have seen this match multiple times, it never fails to gain a fantastic reaction and always keeps the crowd on their feet. Flair starts off with a "WOOOOO" that gets some fan reaction. Sting does his own "OOOOWWWWWWWW" that tells Flair he still has more of the crowd behind him. The two trade side headlocks and Flair backs Sting into the ropes. Rebounding off, Sting leap frogs once, twice, and on the third rebound, lifts Flair high up into the air with a gorilla press slam. Flair crashes hard to the mat and begs for Sting to back off. Sting allows Flair to get to his feet, retreating into the corner. Sting closes in though and grabs Flair, executing a hip toss that sends Flair to the other side of the ring. Flair begs Sting off again and retreats to the outside where he Flair flops on the mat. After getting his wits after a few moments, Flair climbs back on the apron. Sting again closes in, not wanting to let off his assault but Flair sends a quick thumb to the eye. He climbs back in and manages to take control of the match for the next several minutes. Flair's downfall was when he started to chop the Stinger, who is immune to the vicious chops from the Nature Boy. Sting takes the opportunity to mount his comeback, hitting several press slams in a row and then sending Flair to the opposite corner. He rushes in to hit a Stinger Splash but Flair moves. Sting, expecting this, was able to halt his momentum and catches Flair with a bulldog.  Sting follows it up with a quick pin attempt that only gets a two. Sting looks to go high risk and attempts a flying splash, but Flair moves out of the way. Flair hits Sting with a nice looking vertical suplex, but Sting gets right up. Flair celebrates too early and turns around, just to be met with a high impact clothesline from the Stinger. He gets up but Sting hits another. After yelling out to the crowd once more, Sting goes in for the kill. He whips Flair into the opposite corner and rushes in. Sting hits a huge Stinger Splash but he's not done. He whips Flair into the other corner and hits another Stinger Splash. Flair stumbles out on Dream St. and Flair flops in the center of the ring. Sting goes up again to the top rope and leaps high into the air, connecting with a splash off the top. The referee counts the 3 and Sting has won the first main event on Monday Nitro in an exciting match that had the crowd on their feet. The final match time ended up being 18:51 in what was sure to be the match of the night.

Rating: 79

Bischoff: Fans, what a match on Monday Nitro!!! I can promise you, this is the kind of action you can come to expect each and every week, so don't miss one episode!

Heenan: I'm telling you right now, I sense that things aren't over between Flair and Sting. 

Tenay: These two fantastic competitors had the crowd on their feet the entire time. Eric, Bobby, I think that this was a perfect way to kick off this new era of Monday Nitro in addition to it being a perfect way to have this night come to a close!

Heenan: Who said anything about the night ending? I'm not ready to leave yet!

Bischoff: Well Brain, we can't stay on the air forever...Don't you worry about a thing though, because we'll be right back here next week, LIVE once again on TNT! That's right, one solid hour of non-stop action coming to you each and every Monday night!

Tenay: That's something I'm definitely looking forward to and I can't wait to sit next to the both of you each week, bringing this exciting action into people's homes!

Heenan: I'm not so sure that I can stand this kind of action every single week. After a few of these shows, I'm going to need some time off. Bischoff, who should I talk to about that??

Bischoff: That's not my department, Bobby. Fans, as these competitors have gotten themselves out of the ring and to the backstage area, I'm going to have to bid you all a goodnight. Thank you all very much for tuning into this first episode of Monday Nitro, and I hope you will all joins us next week when............

Hold on.....

I'm being tol...Ok...Yes, that's right. Fans, I apologize for the interruption, but I'm being told there's some kind of confrontation going on in the backstage area. I have no idea what is going on, just that there is a commotion

Heenan: Pure pandemonium!

Bischoff: Th...That's right, Bobby. We're working on getting a camera crew backstage, so just bear with us for just a moment. Fans, we're holding off on going off the air so we can bring you this exclusive action! This. Yes, this is the action you can expect every week! Ok, we have a crew backstage now! I understand Mean Gene has managed to get back there also!

TV footage changes from the announce booth to the backstage area where a camera man is working hard to steady the picture as there is pure chaos backstage. "The Taskmaster" Kevin Sullivan is seen with the behemoth, The Giant and the two are brutally attacking Hulk Hogan, who is sprawled out on the cold concrete floor. After a few moments of the attack, two additional figures can be seen rushing into the picture. The two figures can be recognized as Sting and The Macho Man Randy Savage. They successfully manage to run off Sullivan and The Giant, but the damage is clearly done. The World Champion lay on the floor as Sting and Savage check on him. The announcers wonder how this could impact Saturday Night and next week's Nitro as the picture fades to black. Sting and Savage look on with grave concern as Hogan lay motionless on the ground.

Overall Show Rating: 75

TV Ratings: 2.93

WCW Hotline

hotline.jpg.75d99245005b31a4b0df2ea9fba01957.jpg

Hello everyone! I'm Mean Gene Okerlund bringing all of the top wrestling news, rumors, and innuendo straight to you in this week's WCW Hotline Report!

News was released earlier this week that Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat is coming out of retirement and looking to get back into the squared circle as soon as possible! Steamboat retired in 1994 after a back injury but word has it that after extensive rehabilitation, he is feeling like he can go in the ring once more. It will remain to be seen if he can return to his former self, of if he will have to change his in-ring style to be more accommodating. I've also got it on good authority that a top wrestling promoter was able to convince Steamboat to give it one more run. I would expect Ricky Steamboat to show up at one of the top two wrestling organizations very very soon!

The World Wrestling Federation and the USWA have been very busy this week expanding their broadcasting coverage and signing on new TV deals. Lesser known (to American audiences) Mexican company CMLL has also expanded their coverage. This should affect all of their viewing numbers.

In a shocking move by WWF management, I've been told that they have dropped WWF Champion Diesel as their company figurehead. Diesel was informed of this decision toward the end of the week when he was off traveling. I assume this was so he could not cause a scene in a locker room and have a few days to cool off. A close contact to the situation told me that Diesel was furious at the decision. I've not been able to get any word on who is expected to take his place as the new figurehead, but you can bet it will cause some more tension in the locker room.

Additional WWF news, they have gone on quite the hiring spree of female wrestling talent, leading many, and myself, to believe that they plan on reviving the women's championship.

WCW President Eric Bischoff announced the signing of two new talents, Bill Demott and Brad Armstrong. Armstrong has long since been a part of the WCW locker room but this week he was locked into an exclusive deal. Bryan Clarke, formally Adam Bomb in the WWF, was also signed to a WCW deal, though I'm told that is not a written contract.

Don't expect to see Chris Benoit on WCW programming for much longer as he has signed an exclusive contract with AJPW.

The Ultimate Warrior is making a comeback to wrestling once again. I have exclusive information that he has signed a deal with the World Wrestling Federation.

The WWC has also gone on quite the hiring spree, signing huge names such as Jesse Ventura (commentary), Honky Tonk Man, Jake "The Snake" Roberts, The Rock N Roll Express, Mick Foley, and young talent Hunter Hearst Helmsley. Though none of these are exclusive deals, no one is quite sure how they can afford all of this.

The wrestling world was shocked to see "The Total Package" Lex Luger show up unannounced on the first ever Monday Nitro broadcast. I'm told he has signed a multi-year deal with WCW.

In an unexpected event, Diamond Dallas Page became the new Television champion after he defeated the Renegade on WCW Main Event over the weekend.

This week's WCW Saturday Night broadcast saw Sting successfully defend the United States title against Bobby Eaton in the match of the night. Lex Luger also made his first official appearance as a part of WCW, explaining his intentions to right some wrongs, and later on in the broadcast, Hulk Hogan questioned Luger's intentions! Don't miss out on Monday Nitro this week where there is sure to be spillover from the two! Here is this week's Monday Nitro lineup!

Main Event

WCW World Championship Match:

Arn Anderson vs Hulk Hogan (c)

The Nasty Boys vs The Blue Bloods (Earl Robert Eaton & Lord Steven Regal)

Randy Savage vs Chris Benoit

Nitro.thumb.jpg.90e126d40bbe729938259be0f83b55a0.jpg

LIVE from the Rushmore Plaza Civic Center

Attendance: 7,000

Eric Bischoff: Hello ladies and gentlemen and welcome to the place that gives you the hottest wrestling action anywhere, WCW Monday Nitro!! My goodness, Bobby, Mike, we have a ton of action to catch up on over the weekend from Saturday Night, Main Event, and not to mention, the huge news that's carried over since last week when "The Total Package" Lex Luger unexpectedly showed up here on Nitro last week!

Heenan: Well Luger had a lot to say this week on WCW Saturday Night and he's going to have a lot more to say tonight on Nitro, I guarantee it!

Tenay: Eric, as you said, it's been an extremely eventful weekend and I believe it all started with the return of Lex Luger.  We have a new WCW Television champion by the way of Diamond Dallas Page, who defeated the former champion the Renegade on this week's edition of WCW Main Event. This gives Dallas Page some much needed momentum to prove himself as a worthy competitor here in WCW.

Bischoff: Bobby, Lex Luger said on Saturday Night that he's back in WCW to right some wrongs, though we're not really sure what exactly he's referring to in that.

Heenan: Hogan wants to know where Luger's allegiance lies, Sting says he can be trusted, if you ask me, this is going to cause a whole lot of problems within the upper echelon of WCW. Sting and Luger have been friends for years, so if Sting's saying Luger can be trusted, that means that Luger can't be trusted!

Bischoff: You mean, he can be trusted?

Heenan: No. He can't be trusted. It's the oldest trick in the book, Bischoff!

Just as Heenan and Bischoff are wrapping it up, a guitar riff can be heard playing over the arena speakers which is shortly followed up with the familiar theme "Pomp and Circumstance" as multicolored lights begin to flash and fans turn their attention to the stage. "The Macho Man" Randy Savage comes out, hands raised in the air and he makes a slow turn as fire works explode behind him. Savage makes his way to the ring for the first matchup of the night on Nitro, and the crowd seems rabid for it. 

Randy Savage vs. Chris Benoit

The first match of the night proves to be a hard-hitting affair. Not much is known about the young Chris Benoit, other than his in-ring intensity is nearly on par with the Macho Man's. Savage is able to withstand some vicious chest chops that would make Ric Flair smile with envy. Savage remained in control for the majority of the match, but it was also surprising to see Benoit get a large part of some offense in on the veteran. In the end, though, it was too much as Savage hit the Flying Elbow Drop for the three count and win.

Winner: Randy Savage

Rating: 71

Following the first match, Nitro switches gears to the backstage interview position where Mean Gene Okerlund is standing by with Booker T and Stevie Ray, better known as Harlem Heat!

heat.jpg.63b1588016478c37f8788cb1868bb701.jpg

Mean Gene: Ladies and gentlemen, joining me right now, Harlem Heat along with their manager Sensuous Sherri! Booker T and Stevie Ray, the two of you look to make a big impact in the tag team division here in WCW and become 3-time WCW Tag Team champions, but first, you have to take the titles off of reigning champions Bunkhouse Buck and "Dirty" Dick Slater!

Booker T: You know Mean Gene, my brother and I know all about hard times! We've had to fight for everything we have our entire life! This ain't no different here in WCW. You see, we've proven to be the top team here in WCW by winning the tag titles twice! We look to be the elite team in WCW when we win it for the third time! It's gonna go down like this; Dirty Dick, Bunkhouse, you two sucka's are gonna know when the heat's on, it's time to get out!

Stevie Ray: It's like this, Gene. Bunkhouse Buck and Dick Slater are just a couple of guys keeping those belts warm for us for whenever we choose to take them back....And my brother, I think Fall Brawl looks like a perfect time to take them back!

Booker T: We want those belts and we getting those belts, now dig that!

Rating: 62

Rather than going back to the ring for action, as expected, cameras slowly fade into a scene full of a dimly lit room and fog slowly rolling into the picture. As the scene is brought out into view, Kevin Sullivan is seen standing with a sinister look on his face. He's not alone though. As the picture now comes into full view, he is flanked by Meng and the Zodiak on his left, Kamala on his right, and the 7'4" Giant stands menacingly behind him.

sullivan.jpg.5ff0512a08c1f694a86aae1cc31bdf79.jpg

Sullivan: Hullllllk Hogan. Take a good, long, hard look at the weapons I have beside me. Do you know what I've done, Hogan?? I've stacked the deck. I've loaded it to my complete advantage! I am what you fear, Hulk Hogan! War Games won't be a walk in the park for you and your so called - Hulkamaniacs. There is no escape inside War Games. Not for you, Hogan. Inside War Games, the Dungeon of Doom will take your very soul and turn you into something no one ever thought possible!! Sure, there's a stipulation, but that stipulation will be worthless. The Dungeon of Doom will not lose War Games! The Giant will get his hands on you Hogan, and you will then belong to the Dungeon of Doom! The Zodiac will take the Macho Man and render him completely useless!!! Meng will take Sting and chop his Stinger off to nothing but a dull nub. You see Hogan, you are outnumbered to the Dungeon of Doom! There isn't one other person within WCW who wants to stand by your side and go against us! War Games......Hahaha.....Will, I promise you, be the end of Hulkamania!

Rating: 72

Bischoff: Fans, we're back at ringside and I gotta say, Kevin Sullivan has lost his mind!

Heenan: You think so? I'd say he see's things crystal clear. He's said Hogan's bad news, I've said for years Hogan's bad news. You and all these humanoids have been duped for years! You just wait and see!

Tenay: The two of you seem to have a lot in common, Bobby. Perhaps you'd fit in quite well with the Dungeon of Doom.

Heenan: Are you kidding?? There's no way I'm hanging out with a group of misfits in a dark, damp dungeon! It probably stinks in there too!

Bischoff: Folks, we're going to some in-ring action right now with our next matchup, The Blue Bloods take on the Nasty Boys! Don't even think about changing that channel, either! Over on the WWF, not only are they taped, but all they're giving you is a series tag team matches, where this one is the only one on our show...123 Kid, Razor Ramon, and Shawn Michaels beat Bob Backlund and Men on a Mission; Owen Hart and Yokozuna defeated Bob Holly and Mark Canterbury, and their spectacular main event was The Undertaker and Bret Hart beating a returning Ultimate Warrior and Ahmed Johnson. So not missing a thing over there. Keep it right here where you have LIVE action every single week!

The Blue Bloods (William Regal & Earl Robert Eaton) vs The Nasty Boys

Despite both teams having very contrasting styles and mannerisms, they played off each other well. Every time Regal and Eaton would attempt to show their superior attitudes, the Nasty's would knock it down a few pegs with some unappealing action of their own, much to the disgust of the Blue Bloods. While their attitudes played off each other well, their in-ring ability did not. Regal and Eaton would attempt to slow the match down to fit their technical pace, and the Nasty Boys appeared clumsy. Regal's performance was leaps and bounds the best of the competitors as he picked up the win for his team following a Regal Stretch.

Winners: The Blue Bloods

Rating: 68

ddp.jpg.0a5e455170ccb4b3cfa0bd344b690a63.jpg

Following the match, a brief highlight video is shown from this past weekends WCW Main Event broadcast. The video shows the end of the TV Title match between the champion Renegade and Diamond Dallas Page. Page picks up the win, and the championship, following a Diamond Cutter. We're then brought backstage where new Television Champion and his manager, the Diamond Doll, are waiting.

DDP: Yo Doll, what's better than being with Diamond Dallas Page??

Diamond Doll: What's that, Page?

DDP: Being with the WCW Television champion Diamond Dallas Page! I got news for all of WCW right now. I'm at the top of my game and there ain't no limit! There's not one person who can beat me and take my title! Anyone who's gonna try, is gonna feel the BANG!

Rating: 36

Mean Gene: Ladies and Gentlemen, as we wind down this Monday Nitro, there's still tons of action left, including the WCW World Heavyweight champion Hulk Hogan defending the championship against "Double A" Arn Anderson coming up very shortly! But at this time, I'd like to officially welcome to the ring right now, a man who's had people talking for the last week after shocking the world by returning to WCW, none other than the "Total Package" Lex Luger!!!

Music hits the speakers and attention goes toward the stage. Lex Luger walks out with a smile on his face and raises one arm up to the crowd. Most of the crowd is giving a favorable response, as they've been given no other reason not to. Luger steps foot once again in a WCW ring and joins Mean Gene Okerlund.

Mean Gene: Mr. Luger, you have caused quite the stir. You've had people asking for a week straight what your intentions are in World Championship Wrestling. If I were a betting man, I would bet that we're going to hear exactly what you have to say about that right here and right now! Though you touched on it a bit this past weekend on WCW Saturday Night, I'm sure all these fans here tonight and watching at home would like to hear it again!

Luger: Gene, if I may, I want to set the record straight and leave no questions! So to hear it from the proverbial horse's mouth, I'm going to take a few minutes to do just that. Like you mentioned Gene, I told everyone on Saturday Night what my intentions are, but I guess there's still left some confusion for some reason, namely from Hulk Hogan. Now, I don't know Hulk Hogan and I'm not really sure why he would take issue with me right away, but Gene, I'm going to say that's a problem with him and not me. Don't get me wrong though, I'm not going to stand out here and bash Hulk Hogan. In fact, I'm here to say that I'm on Hogan's side, I'm on Sting's side, and I'm on Randy Savage's side! I heard Kevin Sullivan talking a little bit ago with the Dungeon of Doom and they're under the impression that Hogan's team is one short for War Games......Well I'm here to say that if they want me on their team to even it up, I'd be more than happy to join them!

Gene: Now hold on, Lex Luger. Hulk Hogan said on Saturday Night that you can't be trusted!

Luger: He said that Gene, but Hulk Hogan doesn't know me and Hulk Hogan's never met me before last week. Like I said, I'm not sure what made him form that opinion, but he's flat out wrong! Sting and I go way back, we've known each other for 10 years. The Stinger says I can be trusted, so that should speak for itself! Hogan wants me to earn his trust, well then there's no better way than to prove that at War Games!

Rating: 85

Mean Gene and the crowd are ecstatic about the offer that Luger just presented to Hogan. Nitro switches gears toward the main event and though the crowd would love to hear an answer right away from Hulk Hogan, they aren't going to get it this week. The challenger for the night, Arn Anderson makes his way out and into the ring with little showmanship. It would appear that the Enforcer is all business tonight, wanting to make the most out of his opportunity with a world title shot. Hogan's music hits the arena shortly after and the crowd again work their way to their feet. Hogan comes out, all celebration and ear taunts to the crowd. He gets in the ring and rips his shirt off in the traditional Hulk Hogan way, which causes Anderson to bail out of the ring. The ring announcer gives the introductions and the bell rings.

Main Event

WCW World Heavyweight Championship:

Arn Anderson vs Hulk Hogan (c)

Despite a typical beginning to a Hogan match, the crowd remains excited. It also appears that Hogan has an extra pep in his step, quite possibly from just hearing Luger's interview. It also could be because it's the second episode of Monday Nitro and he's been asked to put on a good show. Either way, the two men start out getting a feel for one another. Anderson stalls a bit, slowing the pace down to his cerebral method. Once climbing back in the ring, Hogan and Anderson tie up. Neither man is able to gain ground after some struggles. Anderson backs Hogan into the corner eventually and the referee calls for a break. Anderson shocks everyone, even Hogan, when he actually gives a clean break. Hogan moves back in, though only to be stopped in his tracks by a poke to the eye. This allows Anderson to gain the advantage.

Anderson takes his time wearing down the champion, being in no rush to go for the win. Anderson knows the longer the match goes, the better off he is. Anderson whips Hogan into the ropes and catches him in a sleeper hold. Hogan slowly fades down to the canvas and appears to be out. The referee checks his arm, but after two drops, Hogan manages to rise up. With the encouragement of the fans, Hogan is able to hit a few elbows and break free. He rushes the ropes and comes back, but Anderson catches him with his signature Spinebuster! Hogan twitches a bit on the mat as Anderson claims that's it for the World Champion! He goes for the pin but Hogan kicks out at 2. Anderson then brings the fight to the outside, taking his opportunity to get a few underhanded tactics. Anderson goes for a piledriver out on the floor, but Hogan reverses the attempt, sweeping Double A's legs out. Hogan then catapults Anderson into the ring post. Anderson's dazes as Hogan grabs him and tosses him back inside. Hogan then bites Anderson's forehead before laying in some more punches. Hogan continues to get a bit dirty as he undoes his wrist tape and begins to choke Anderson with it. Amazingly, the referee is letting this one go and warns Hogan with a finger in his face. Hogan then decides to choke Anderson with his hand this time, which again generates a stern warning from the referee.

Hogan picks up Double A and backs him into the corner. He tosses him to the opposite and rushes in for a clothesline, but Anderson gets a boot up. Hogan staggers back and turns, getting floored by a clothesline from Anderson. Seeing an opportunity, Anderson ascends the corner and up to the top rope. Hogan though, gets a second wind and hops up to his feet. He catches Anderson still perched on the top and crotches him on the top rope. Hogan brings Anderson back to his feet and hits a few punches. He whips him in the ropes Double A reverses. On the rebound, Anderson again hits a huge Spinebuster!!! Seeing his opportunity, he doesn't go for the pin. Anderson motions that it's all over and grabs Hogan, putting him in position for a DDT! Anderson hits the DDT and goes for the pin

3!!!!!

No!!! Hogan kicks out at the very last second!!!!!! The fans are all on their feet as Hogan now is feeling no pain! Anderson hits Hogan with a couple of rights...Hogan shakes it off and gets to his feet, now fully Hulking up! Anderson goes for another punch but Hogan blocks it, rocking Anderson back with 3 punches to the head. Hogan whips him into the ropes and on the return hits his Big Boot. Rushing the ropes, Hogan leaps into the air and crashes down with a massive Leg Drop. The referee counts the pin and Hogan has successfully defended his title in a superb match!

Winner: Hulk Hogan

Rating: 79

As Hogan celebrates his win, holding the world title up in the air, Nitro's credits appear on the screen and the show fades out, centering on Hogan as he celebrates.

Overall Show Rating: 77

TNT Ratings: 2.93

Hotline.jpg.70c544c6bd9eb705d98519c3f50bded9.jpg

Hello everyone, Mean Gene Okerlund here again with your weekly WCW Hotline report, where I bring you all of the latest news, rumor, and innuendo in the entire wrestling world!

The news this week is few and far between, with little action.

WCW Monday Nitro scored a 2.93 rating live on TNT

WWF Monday Night Raw scored a 1.47 with their taped show on the USA Network

Raw featured the return of the Ultimate Warrior, as many were surprised to see him back in the World Wrestling Federation. He teamed with Ahmed Johnson in a losing effort against Bret Hart and the Undertaker.

WCW has released Road Warrior Hawk, effective immediately. I'm told WCW officials had no plans for a singles run for Hawk and, without Animal, he is seen to have little value. Animal remains out injured with a severe back injury.

WCW has also released Kurasawa, effective immediately. He was feuding with Road Warrior Hawk.

WCW Monday Nitro will be live again this week from the Ocean Center in Daytona Beach, FL. Here is the lineup;

Main Event:

Brian Pillman vs Lex Luger

WCW Tag Team Titles:

American Males vs Bunkhouse Buck & "Dirty" Dick Slater (c)

Kevin Sullivan vs Eddie Guerrero

I also have exclusive news regarding the main event at WCW's Fall Brawl, featuring War Games.

War Games will feature the Hulkamaniacs, consisting of WCW World Heavyweight Champion Hulk Hogan, Sting, Macho Man Randy Savage and Lex Luger against the Dungeon of Doom; The Taskmaster Kevin Sullivan, Kamala, The Shark, & The Zodiac!

• Like 1

Nitro.thumb.jpg.d5205aac36a3cbeb25e3a56d1e607f4d.jpg

LIVE on TNT from the Ocean Center, Daytona Beach, FL

Attendance: 7,499

Pyro goes off and we're treated to panoramic shots of the crowd who are going wild this week from Dayton Beach! Flames shoot from each corner ring post, adding even more heat to this fired up crowd. Cameras switch views then to the announce booth, where Eric Bischoff is joined again by Bobby "The Brain" Heenan and Mike Tenay, as Bischoff gives this weeks greetings.

Bischoff: Good evening, everyone and welcome to WCW Monday Nitro, where you're given the hottest wrestling action in the entire world! I'm joined, as always, by Bobby The Brain Heenan and Mike Tenay and fellas, we've got a great show planned for you here tonight! In the main event is the in-ring return of Lex Luger as he takes on Brian Pillman!

Tenay: You know Eric, it will be interesting to see if Lex Luger has any ring rust, because as far as I'm aware, he's not had a wrestling match in quite some time!

Heenan: Well Lex Luger's a professional athlete who's been in the wrestling business a long time! It's more like riding a bike at this point. I don't think Luger's going to have any ring rust, but he for sure is going to have a hard time dealing with those crazy guys in the Dungeon of Doom!

Bischoff: That's right, Bobby! Before we get too far into it, let me give you the rundown of what you're not missing if you keep the channel right here, LIVE on TNT; Owen Hart defeated Jeff Hardy, 123 Kid and the Devin Machines (Mark Canterbury & Bob Holly) defeated Jeff Jarrett and Men On A Mission by DQ; how original, The Ultimate Warrior beat Big Matty Smalls (Kimo) - Also by DQ in a complete barn-burner, and in the main event, Bret Hart and the Undertaker beat Shawn Michaels and Razor Ramon.

Ok, with that out of the way, Bobby, you're correct! The Dungeon of Doom is definitely on the war path ahead of Fall Brawl and their participation in War Games! Over the weekend on Saturday Night, The Giant and Kevin Sullivan made an example out of the American Males as the Giant decimated the duo to send a chilling warning to the World Heavyweight Champion, and Mike, Sting and the Macho Man Randy Savage saved Hulk Hogan from a vicious beat down at the hands of the Taskmaster and Kamala.

Tenay: That's right, Eric. The Dungeon of Doom have been increasing the message that they're sending to Hulk Hogan and the Hulkamaniacs as we get closer to Fall Brawl. As Saturday Night came to a close and Hulk Hogan collected himself after the save from Sting and Savage, the World Champion made it clear who was on his team, and Lex Luger was one of them.

Heenan: Yeah sure, Hogan said Luger was part of the team, but guess who's not been showing up as part of the team when they need him? Lex Luger! There's an old saying that when the water doesn't smell quite right, you don't drink it! Well, the water doesn't smell right and Lex Luger doesn't fit into this entire scenario, if you ask me!

Tenay: There's no such saying, Bobby!

Heenan: Oh, I forgot! The living encyclopedia is sitting here with us, Bischoff!

Bischoff: I've got to agree that I've never heard that saying. Fans, we've got a great lineup for you this week, and speaking of The Taskmaster and the Dungeon of Doom, Kevin Sullivan is taking on Eddie Guerrero in our opening bout, where we're going right now!

Kevin Sullivan def. Eddie Guerrero in 9:31 by pinfall

The match, while not spectacular, did it's job while hyping up the rest of the evening and had the crowd interested. Neither performed to expectations in this match, however, it still generated a decent outcome.

Rating: 71

Following the match and after a brief commercial break, cameras return to the bottom of the ramp where Mean Gene Okerlund is standing by.

1130282388_GeneOkerlund.gif.0b09d6d2856d5764b22218a81ef3727c.gif

Ladies and gentlemen, what a night so far!!! At this time, please join me in welcoming one of the top tag teams, not only in WCW, but in the world; Harlem Heat!!!

Harlem Heat's music plays in the arena and the crowd get to their feet. Flames shoot up from the stage and shortly afterwards Booker T and Stevie Ray emerge with their manager, Sensuous Sherri. They all take their place by Mean Gene and he starts the interview:

525587849_BookerT.gif.e9d2926f3177f05dfda6addde7f0c24d.gif1769437118_StevieRay.gif.08f5fb4d5b144f6b99144eaf7af0c7f0.gif

127826781_SisterSherri.gif.76138fa650877ace3490b1c71181348d.gif

Gentlemen, you've made it clear, you've made no mistake in your claims, you're both gunning for Bunkhouse Buck and "Dirty" Dick Slater and the WCW tag team titles, and you're looking to take them at WCW's Fall Brawl here in just a couple of short weeks.

Booker T: See Gene, it's like this! We're the best tag team in WCW right now! We're the hottest tag team in WCW right now! We're on top, and we're gonna prove that there ain't none better than us! Buck and Slater are just a couple of dude's who are skating by! They've had no challenge since stealing those belts from us, and we're gonna take them back where they belong!

Stevie Ray: Gene, if you ask me, they're scared of facing us again because they know what the outcome will be! Those two old men are gonna be put out to pasture by the Heat!

Booker T: And you know, Gene, if you can't stand the heat, get out the kitchen!

Gene: Indeed gentlemen, but one thing to consider; you aren't the only team here in WCW going after the tag team belts, as up next, the American Males get a title opportunity.

Stevie Ray: Gene, it really makes no difference to us; The American Males or Buck and Slater, one thing will remain true, and Harlem Heat will get our titles back at Fall Brawl, and you can believe that!

Booker T: The American Males are a good team with some great talent, Gene, but ain't no team gonna stop Harlem Heat, now can you dig that?!

Rating: 70

Mean Gene can truly dig that as Nitro moves forward to the next matchup, the Tag Team title match;

WCW Tag Team Title:

The American Males vs Bunkhouse Buck & Dirty Dick Slater (c)

1797564434_MarcusBagwell.gif.9ee2c9a3519a15738bf659d65669eea9.gif1329951312_ScottyRiggs2.gif.4a2c807481553223d7e5f65d08748fc0.gif1941483413_JimmyGolden.gif.a5b5dc6e05309ccf1d64949b2cb8ac1e.gif1709451048_DickSlater.gif.f5e5803ea5452511e371a77569300849.gif

The tag team champions managed to hold onto their titles despite a tough challenge from the youngsters. In the surprise of the night, Dick Slater actually stood out as the best worker of them all as he scored the pinfall win over Bagwell in 10:16.

Rating: 54

Cameras go backstage where Double A; Arn Anderson and Ric Flair are conversing in their locker room. It can't specifically be heard what they're discussing, but as they're both leaning in close, it's clear they're working up some sort of plan. A highlight video was then played from this past weekends WCW Saturday Night promo. Ric Flair is standing in a locker room backdrop with the Enforcer flanking him. Flair discusses his on-again, off-again feud with Sting and how he perpetually remains a thorn in the side of the Nature Boy. Flair reminds Sting to not press him into a corner, as Flair and Anderson can always find two other men to make Sting's life complete hell.

Rating: 97

Main Event:

310244983_LexLuger2.gif.00f255c14b2df3e05e5315ba758d3c58.gifvs.1204729601_BrianPillman.gif.2027c2640ad5489cb47d3387b5f76f0f.gif

Lex Luger def. Brian Pillman in 15:54 via Submission (Torture Rack)

Rating: 73

Both men remained competitive in this matchup and actually complimented each other well. Luger's in-ring performance was extremely solid and Pillman got a fantastic ability to showcase his skills. Luger was just a bit more on top of his game though to pull out the win. Luger celebrated in the ring as the crowd roared with approval.

Bischoff: Fans, what a match! That's all for this week's Nitro, be sure to tune in nex----

Hold on....We're going to keep with it for just a minute longer. I'm told there's some commotion going on in the backstage area, let's go back there and see what's going on!

Nitro remains must-see TV right up until fading out to black. This week's demonstration shows us, as cameras are moved to the backstage area, darkness at first. Yelling from several subjects can be heard and when some lighting is finally added, Sting can be seen laying on the cold concrete. Above him is the Taskmaster, Kevin Sullivan and Meng. Both men are laying the boots into the Stinger. After a few moments, another commotion can be heard off camera but the crowd quickly roars to life as they see Randy Savage and Hulk Hogan rush in. The two Dungeon of Doom members are run off as Savage checks on the Stinger and Hogan yells at Sullivan and Meng as they depart. Hogan also leans down to check on Sting as he's starting to pull himself up, clearly dazed. Nitro goes into a split screen showing Lex Luger, who's still in the ring and apparently oblivious to the scene going on in the back. Luger remains in the ring, celebrating his victory as Savage and Hogan check on the beaten-down Sting. Nitro fades out with the two contrasting images on the screen.

Rating: 80

Final Show Rating: 75

Hotline.jpg.5826a0daa0683b834135a780ec31bf77.jpg

736504332_GeneOkerlund.gif.8b2983b1033678981188b7ab1c166b6d.gif

Hello everyone, and welcome to this week's edition of the WCW Hotline!!! First things first, as WCW heads into the final week before Fall Brawl, so let me provide you with this week's card for WCW Monday Nitro;

Main Event:

The Blue Bloods vs Hulk Hogan & Sting

Paul Orndorff vs Lex Luger

Chris Benoit vs Eddie Guerrero

This is a blockbuster main event as the world champion and the Stinger team up! Tension continues to build around the team of the Hulkamaniacs, mainly Lex Luger as Hulk Hogan has repeatedly questioned Luger's motives. It's continued to get worse as the weeks progress, as members of the Hulkamaniacs continue to be brutally attacked by members of the Dungeon of Doom, however, Lex Luger never seems to help out. Could this tension carry over into the War Games match itself??

In completely shocking news coming from the World Wrestling Federation, it seems they have replaced world champion Diesel with The Ultimate Warrior, who just returned to the company. They apparently think the Warrior will be more effective at bringing in revenue over their champion, which doesn't say much for them. 

Speaking of all of the above, the WWF is holding In Your House this coming weekend and headlining that show is Diesel defending the title against the Warrior. With his new position, one would be lead to believe that the Warrior will be walking out of that show the new WWF Champion.

That's all the news this week as it's a pretty light news week in the world of professional wrestling but be sure to call in next week for the full WCW Fall Brawl lineup! Also, be sure to tune into this week's WCW Saturday Night and the final Monday Nitro before the PPV!

Nitro.thumb.jpg.f0ad267ff79895974d2bd1f845442f39.jpg

LIVE from the Dallas Convention Center: Dallas, TX

Attendance: 8,595

- Nitro kicks off with all of the fan fare that those who tune in have come to expect. A huge fireworks display turns into panoramic views of a rowdy crowd as they all do their best to get the attention of the camera. Eric Bischoff is heard welcoming fans who are tuning in to this week's edition of Monday Nitro but rather than bring us to the announce position, cameras fade into a backstage area where the WCW World Champion and Sting are standing by;

587040202_HulkHogan2.gif.d6cae970a552b0fedd44087b23bcf4e7.gifSting10.gif.7f288dad3d3a19f0f8a07df0a2f20005.gif

Ya know something, Sting man?!? As we approach Fall Brawl and War Games, as we prepare to head into battle with the scum that is the Dungeon of Doom, I've felt the power of Hulkamania begin to charge up through my veins like lighting, brother! Hulkamania itself has turned itself into the most powerful force in nature and when you compare that to the likes of the Taskmaster, to the likes of Kamala, The Shark, Zodiak, and Meng, brother, the Dungeon of Doom just has no chance!! Can you feel it, Stinger?!?!?

Oh I can feel it, Hulkster!

Yesssss!!!! And it's not just the power of Hulkamania or the power of the Stinger, no way man!!! You get the complete instability of the Macho Madness, brother!!! You get the incomparable power of the Total Package!!! When you combine all of of those together, you get a force of Hulkamania multiplied by 1,000, brother!!!! The Dungeon of Doom knows they're on borrowed time and when they're forced to stand across the ring, when they're locked in the cage, brother, they'll know they have nowhere to turn, nowhere to run!!! They will know their ultimate mistake, my man, and that's taking on the Hulkamaniacs and thinking they can overcome all the power within it! Stinger, I just gotta ask; Are you ready for War Games?!?!?

I'm ready, Hulkster!

Are you ready to dig down deep, to go to places you don't want to go! Are you willing to inflict unbelievable amounts of pain to another human being?!?! Are you willing to do what it takes, Sting man?!?!?

I'm willing, Hulkster!!!

Kevin Sullivan, Dungeon of Doom, you all will be doomed when you're trapped inside the cold hard steel this Sunday, brothers! You'll all know the pain and agony! You'll understand complete destruction, not of Hulkamania, but of your own selves! The Stinger's fought in War Games before and is no stranger to the brutality that awaits! The Total Package is a well seasoned veteran of the battle!! The Macho Man has fought and clawed through endless trenches!!! And the Hulkster, with the power of the Hulkamaniacs, will summon all the power from within and unleash it through the 24 inch pythons!!! Dungeon of Doom, I hope each one of you have your wills prepared, because this Sunday at Fall Brawl and inside War Games, you'll all meet your end!!!! So Whatcha Gonna Do, Kevin Sullivan and the Dungeon of Doom, when the Hulkamaniacs DESTROY YOU?!?!?!?!?

Rating: 83

1961344817_EddieGuerrero.gif.c93ec28f0136157c76bbe6c885233da4.gifvs 2119378746_ChrisBenoit.gif.4f5254a957764290c8fc8c62d5dab8de.gif

Fans were treated to a fast-paced match between these two for the opening bout on Nitro. Eddie showcased great in-ring ability, but Benoit was too much for Guerrero in 9:55.

Winner by submission: Chris Benoit

Rating: 66

- Cameras move once again to the backstage area where Mean Gene Okerlund is standing by, once again by Harlem Heat and their manager, Sensuous Sherri. This is yet another interview segment where Harlem Heat hypes up their WCW Tag Team title match at Fall Brawl against current champions Bunkhouse Buck and "Dirty" Dick Slater. There have been so many of these segments, presumably because WCW officials are not confident in the ability of the tag team champions to build up this match. Nothing noteworthy took place in this segment.

Rating: 69

15939717_PaulWight.gif.3dd39f6ebc3697cb09718eff54883699.gif

- Cameras remain backstage following the interview and Kevin Sullivan has caught Randy Savage backstage. Sullivan taunts Savage but then he is completely blindsided by The Giant! Sullivan laughs and continues to taunt the downed Macho Man while The Giant continues his assault. They appear satisfied with their work as Savage lay a crumpled mess on the concrete floor. The announcers ponder if this will effect War Games as WCW fades to commercial break.

Rating: 74

1384498631_RicFlair.gif.e76e2801d92dd9d8b97befa1c42a4bb7.gif329980086_ArnAnderson.gif.2571919925bc2a0a49e56a632c77f785.gif

Following a commercial, the speakers in the arena come alive as a theme from 2001: A Space Odyssey slowly fades in. The crowd all get to their feet in anticipation as Ric Flair walks out, followed by the Enforcer, Arn Anderson. Both men are dressed in street clothes; Flair as always decked out in an expensive suit. The Enforcer is in blue jeans, a t-shirt, and a cutoff denim jacket. They both climb in the ring and Flair is given a microphone;

By God, Double A, looking around this arena and going through town, you'd think we're over on the East coast somewhere around Charlotte, North Carolina!!!! Dallas, Texas without a doubt, has always been Horsemen and Ric Flair country, and everyone here knows it tonight!!!

Now then, the last couple of weeks, I've been minding my own business, doing my own thing, but for some reason or another, Sting just can't get his mind off the Nature Boy! We had the first Main Event on Monday Nitro and I thought that was the end of it! Sting, you've been a thorn in my side for years, pal, and just as you don't mess with Texas, you don't mess with the Nature Boy!! The fact is, Stinger, you've currently got your hands full with Kevin Sullivan and the Dungeon of Doom. Well it looks to me like your calendar is pretty empty after this Sunday! US title or no US title, after this Sunday Sting, you're gonna belong to the Nature Boy! If you thought things were over between the two of us, you're sadly mistaken!!!

Rating: 90

439386738_LexLuger2.gif.2fe174d4a784dc0719afd5f54f93b75a.gifvs 788741350_PaulOrndorff.gif.37a884715f9c7ba568fc5caeeae3bb20.gif

- Lex Luger defeated Paul Orndorff in 8:26 via submission with a Torture Rack

Rating: 69

doom.jpg.c892cc062528d78f1fb33bad718d6ff1.jpg

- Following the match, fans are treated; Treated to a Dungeon of Doom segment. All members are back in their - Dungeon. Kevin Sullivan takes the lead while the other members maintain their....interesting demeanor.

Hulk Hogan......Every opportunity you get, you talk about the Hulkamaniacs....You talk about the power running through your veins...You talk about Hulkamania being immortal. Mr. Hogan, you don't really expect people to believe that, do you?? You don't really think people believe that you're this perfect figure who trains, says their prayers and takes their vitamins, do you?? Mr. Hogan, no prayer can save you from fate!!! That's really why you pray, isn't it, Hulkster?!?!? You pray that you don't become what's inevitable! You pray that you have the power to fight against it. But let me give you some advice, Hogan. Don't fight it. Accept it! Embrace. It! Fighting it only makes it grow stronger, Hogan. It only causes it to swell up with more fury and more strength until it's too late and then it overcomes you!! All you're going to do Hogan, is drag all those others down with you! You're going to make those other men become something they don't want to do! You're like the lead ant, Hogan, leading all your troops behind you....Leading them straight to the next of an awaiting spider. Pretty soon they're all stuck with you and their lives fade out one by one. Hogan, I know deep within you, there are secrets that you don't want exposed. I'm going to expose the real Hulk Hogan to the entire world, and once I do that, maybe then you will finally understand your true place within the world, Hulkster.......War Games...................Well that's just the very beginning.

Rating: 77

Main Event

82606506_StevenRegal6.jpg.ae562c96aa1418790f76b26fffc3215c.jpg145069120_BobbyEaton3.jpg.b9a42b9697e125e27ad728b50e6b9343.jpg vs 1422249124_Sting951.jpg.ab9da555f675715dc685460272382980.jpg92480176_HulkHogan955.jpg.bf05dca55ff099a47dff16e4543f2974.jpg

The United States Champion and the World Heavyweight Champion worked solidly together, completely decimating the Blue Bloods. It wasn't a dominating effort by half of the Hulkamaniacs, but it definitely was a decisive victory. Sting and Hogan handily defeated the Blue Bloods in 15:43 by pinfall. The ending of the match brought the crowd to their feet as Sting hit a Stinger Splash on Regal as he stumbled out of the corner, falling to the mat. Just as he fell, Hogan hit a picture perfect leg drop to score the pinfall win.

Rating: 75

Overall Show Rating: 79

Don't miss out on this week's edition of the WCW Hotline with Mean Gene as he will run down the entire WCW Fall Brawl card, provide recaps from Saturday Night, and give the head to head numbers from Nitro and WWF Raw!

• Like 4

Mean Gene Okerlund's

WCW Hotline Report:

122860337_GeneOkerlund2.jpg.d20e512060443a5fe606d12845e6e6d1.jpg

Hello everyone, and welcome to the WCW Hotline report! I'm Mean Gene Okerlund, giving you all of the top wrestling news, rumors, and innuendo!

WCW continues to be the preferred wrestling program on Monday Nights!

WCW Monday Nitro scored a 2.86. WWF Monday Night Raw scored a 1.48.

The World Wrestling Federation held their In Your House PPV for the month of September and if you ask me, it paled in comparison to what World Championship Wrestling has in store coming up in just a few days time! Eric Bischoff refrained from announcing the results this past Monday on Nitro. Their final three matches of the night saw Bret the Hitman Hart team with The Undertaker as they defeated an odd pairing of Razor Ramon and Billy Gunn. Many saw this as the match of the evening. The semi-main event saw Shawn Michaels successfully defend his Intercontinental title against Goldust. Finally, in the main event, Diesel shocked everyone as he came away victorious against the Ultimate Warrior. The successful title defense keeps Diesel at the top of the World Wrestling Federation as their long-time champion, holding the belt since November 1994.

Following the WWF's PPV, many have stated they've seen a rise in the company's size with experts claiming them now to be a "big" company.

Fans, keep an eye out for Ric Flair and Arn Anderson. They've been scheming about something the last few weeks and it seems to be centered around WCW United States Champion Sting. The Nature Boy has lead to hints about a re-formation of the Four Horsemen lately and this past Saturday on WCW Saturday Night, Ric Flair was seen having a meeting with Brian Pillman.

I have been given the final card for the upcoming Fall Brawl PPV, which is as follows;

WCWFallBrawl.jpg.03145d67d7d134e592d783c41ad57b03.jpg

Main Event:

War Games:

The Dungeon of Doom

The Taskmaster Kevin Sullivan, Meng, The Shark, Kamala, & Zodiak

VS.

The Hulkamaniacs

- Hulk Hogan, Sting, Macho Man Randy Savage, & Lex Luger

Joey Maggs vs. Big Bubba Rogers

WCW Tag Team Championship:

Harlem Heat vs. Bunkhouse Buck & Dirty Dick Slater (c)

Paul Orndorff vs. Alex Wright

#1 Contender For TV Title:

Johnny B Badd vs. Brian Pillman

TV Title:

Eddie Guerrero vs. Diamond Dallas Page (c)

American Males vs. The Nasty Boys

Dean Malenko vs. Mr. JL

Edited by Henderson

War Games:

The Dungeon of Doom

- The Taskmaster Kevin Sullivan, Meng, The Shark, Kamala, & Zodiak

VS.

The Hulkamaniacs

- Hulk Hogan, Sting, Macho Man Randy Savage, & Lex Luger

Harlem Heat vs. Bunkhouse Buck & Dirty Dick Slater (c)

#1 Contender For TV Title:

Johnny B Badd vs. Brian Pillman

TV Title:

Eddie Guerrero vs. Diamond Dallas Page (c)

Dean Malenko vs. Mr. JL

Just caught up! Very nice diary, loved every show so far.

War Games: The Dungeon of Doom - The Taskmaster Kevin Sullivan, Meng, The Shark, Kamala, & Zodiak VS. The Hulkamaniacs - Hulk Hogan, Sting, Macho Man Randy Savage, & Lex Luger

WCW Tag Team Championship: Harlem Heat vs. Bunkhouse Buck & Dirty Dick Slater (c)

#1 Contender For TV Title: Johnny B Badd vs. Brian Pillman

TV Title: Eddie Guerrero vs. Diamond Dallas Page (c)

Dean Malenko vs. Mr. JL

WCWFallBrawl.jpg.de8fdebb501acc48df6e06e7c6721df1.jpg

WCW Presents:

Fall Brawl

Greensboro Coliseum - Greensboro, NC

Attendance: 30,000 (Sellout!)

Cameras pan the jam-packed sold out Greensboro Coliseum to open up the September WCW Pay Per View known as Fall Brawl. The camera shot is then shown from an extended view of the arena, with the iconic image of the double ring in the center of it all. The crowd is a typical Southern crowd, exited and loud, for a highly anticipated night. Cameras then cut to the announce table where Eric Bischoff, Bobby Heenan, and Mike Tenay are. Bischoff welcomes everyone tuning into the show and says they're going straight to the first matchup of the night.

1399352371_MrJL.gif.edc343ed84deff93db08e480479dd009.gifVS. 331924037_DeanMalenko.gif.8103c7122016224536dac9050425f4c7.gif

Mr. JL vs Dean Malenko is the opening bout for Fall Brawl. Both men maintained a fast pace throughout the match that served to heighten the fans interest but not burn them out already. A highlight of the match saw Mr. JL leap from one ring to the other for a cross-body, starting off what's sure to be a night full of wrestlers utilizing both rings to highlight their offense. Equally impressive was that the competitors were given quite a bit of time to get the crowd into it, and allowing plenty of time to showcase their technical skills. Dean Malenko picked up the win via submission after locking in the Texas Cloverleaf in 15:41.

Winner: Dean Malenko

713674411_MarcusBagwell.gif.f99f864b49d2848045c8dc60cc1355c6.gif1934721124_ScottyRiggs2.gif.cb023c26962330ff70ece784c5b53a5e.gifVS. 2067798508_BrianKnobbs.gif.babf48ad1a5a0012b871d132cf9e4f9f.gif950413305_JerrySags.gif.fb7cb06c8bc8fd802443706063a84dc1.gif

Without missing a beat, the next match goes on straight after a quick promotional break, mostly to get things reset after the first bout. In quite the contrast to the first match of the night, there was no technical skill being displayed back and forth by these two teams. While the American Males definitely showed their athletic ability, it was derailed at every chance by the brawlers known as the Nasty Boys. The American Males showed off great team skills, at one point hitting an impressive double dropkick on Brian Knobbs. The commentary team mentioned that the Males had been working on resetting themselves in recent weeks in order to get back into the tag team title picture (mostly through Saturday Night), and it seems to be paying off as the American Males picked up an unexpected win in 7:34 after Scotty Riggs pinned Jerry Sags following an Ameri-Plex.

Winners: American Males

Rating: 47

Next we're treated to the first backstage segment of the night as Tony Schiavone is standing by. Tony gives a brief rundown of the next match; a Television Title opportunity as Diamond Dallas Page defends his title against Eddie Guerrero. Tony mentions how DDP has proven to be a defending champion, not backing down from any challenge. Eddie Guerrero has been having some issues in recent weeks establishing his record, but looks to rebound here tonight by winning the TV title for the first time. Tension between the two boiled over this past Saturday Night when the two men had a brawl in the backstage area. We won't have to wonder who will win the matchup any longer though, because that match is right now!

WCW Television Title:

1419566929_EddieGuerrero.gif.9ed29e381232cc20471260c94d09cddc.gifVS. 928836840_DiamondDallasPage.gif.0d535907935ec5e6640afaa77e5bfc17.gifw/993840201_KimberlyPage.gif.017f382fedefde27a8dbca9143613be3.gif

This match is probably the first match on the card that the crowd was really looking forward to. Eddie Guerrero showed off his skills as best he could, and DDP proved that he wasn't far behind. The pace of the match continued to be fast and just as the first match, both men utilized both rings. DDP tried to avoid Guerrero multiple times throughout the match, seeking refuge in the unused ring and begging for a "timeout." It wasn't to be had though as the action just shifted into the unused ring as Eddie continued his assault. The finish saw Eddie hitting a superplex on DDP, only for DDP to roll through and go for a pin. After putting his feet on the ropes for extra leverage, DDP got the pinfall victory at 9:31 to retain his title by the skin of his teeth.

Winner: Diamond Dallas Page (retains title)

Rating: 61

Following the title defense, WCW presents a short video package hyping the main event, and War Games, where the Dungeon of Doom will take on the Hulkamaniacs. The video package highlights actions from both teams in the last few weeks, mainly focusing on the unexpected return of Lex Luger and Hulk Hogan questioning if he and his team can trust Luger. The video has Sting voicing in the background from various promos how he vouches for Lex and how the team can trust Lex. On the other end, Kevin Sullivan's voice can be heard as the video shows various Hogan matches and promos. Sullivan says how there's more to Hogan than meets the eye and he's going to be the one to expose the true Hulk Hogan.

Rating: 76

#1 Contender's Match for TV Title:

1232655342_BrianPillman.gif.b83a8aada567203e9660b014de7a59d0.gifVS. 1379894044_JohnnyBBadd.gif.e253d462e022591cc0605da86f467044.gif

While there wasn't much hype for this match on Monday Nitro, the announcers talk about how this match has been leading up to this night, mostly taking place on WCW Saturday Night. Various highlight packages are shown just prior to the match, They also discuss how Ric Flair was suspiciously shown this past Saturday Night having a secret meeting with Pillman. It can only be speculated what the two were discussing, but Pillman shoved the camera out of the room as soon as he discovered the interruption. Both men used their high-flying ability to their advantage, however, Brian Pillman's performance stood out, by far, as the better of the two. Pillman also had one of the best performances of the night, some had suggested. This match was also only second to the main event as far as length went, giving both competitors a very long time in the ring, though both were able to finish the match just fine. Brian Pillman picked up the pinfall victory in 19:01 after hitting an Air Pillman, and becoming the #1 contender to DDP's Television title.

Winner: Brian Pillman

Rating: 60

2101817313_AlexWright.gif.644a0854ab60b52414b2e05e524b717c.gifVS. 1102037572_PaulOrndorff.gif.b53cbf782a2594f9a1e9b0abc93a1678.gif

The next match immediately followed as WCW is clearly more match-focused for PPV's rather than Monday Nitro's mix of promotional time and matches. This match was not a long one though, as it seemed the crowd needed a "cool down" opportunity following the long matchup from the prior competitors. There never was much in the way of competition as the veteran Paul Orndorff picked up the win in 3:45 following his patented piledriver.

Winner: Paul Orndorff

Rating: 54

1680883589_BookerT.gif.1c8d68e35ff2d924f1c17e38e43d8fde.gif176790463_StevieRay.gif.caea184738fb14bd33ffcdd61aab484d.gifw/208505417_SisterSherri.gif.4e77f41c33e4bf12f2c8e623f41ef102.gifVS. 1353156177_JimmyGolden.gif.08740379c06ebf0efab2446b8f966747.gif260561630_DickSlater.gif.97e040024796d849c59b32338b9cb679.gif

The crowd were hyped for this matchup as the tag champions Bunkhouse Buck and Dirty Dick Slater defend their titles against Harlem Heat. Buck and Slater did a great job as the villains, doing their best to avoid the clearly more athletic team. Booker T shone as the best performer in this match, hitting moves smoothly and flawlessly. The match stuck to a single ring and ended at 11:21, which was probably 8 minutes longer than it should've gone. Harlem Heat picked up the win to become new tag team champions after Stevie Ray hit the Heat Seeker on Bunkhouse Buck for the pinfall.

Winners and NEW Tag Team Champions: Harlem Heat

Rating: 55

After the match and Harlem Heat celebrating the win with their new titles, we're sent backstage for the first actual interview of the night. Mean Gene Okerlund is standing by with Ric Flair and Arn Anderson. Gene does his usual introduction and Flair and Double A look to be all business. Both men are dressed in street clothes, so they're obviously not going to be in any physical confrontation here tonight. Gene asks Flair what he and Anderson have been up to the last couple of weeks and why all the secret meetings and Flair abruptly remarks that it's not of any concern to him. Flair says that he knows Sting has his plate full here tonight in War Games and that if anyone knows what it's like to be locked inside that double ringed steel cage, it's himself and the Enforcer. Flair further gives Sting warning that following tonight's match, he better clear his calendar because he's going to have to answer to the Nature Boy, because this feud between the two clearly isn't over.

Rating: 83

640703210_JoeyMaggs.gif.7d7bfb0a8dec30ba1ecd1253195b1045.gifVS. 1097069813_BigBubbaRogers.gif.e52906ffbef42050354f4c64337c5a3a.gif

Our next matchup shouldn't even really be considered a match. Joey Maggs offered up little competition to Big Bubba Rogers and this match should just be considered an opportunity to cool a crowd before the next big matchup. Bubba picked up the pinfall victory in 3:24 following a Bubba Slam.

Winner: Big Bubba Rogers

games.jpg.4b062e387ac1d1d8051aa6e864f1df3f.jpg

Prior to the final match of the night, we go backstage where Mean Gene is standing by with the Hulkamaniacs, who all appear fired up and ready to go into battle. Gene can barely contain all four men in the same picture as Randy Savage is pacing everywhere, Sting is screaming, Luger is pumping his fists, and Hulk Hogan is ready to go. All 4 men are decked out in their camouflage fatigues and covered in war paint. 

Hogan: Mean Gene, tonight brother, the Hulkamaniacs go into battle against the Dungeon of Doom, and a battle it will be, brother!

Macho Man: OH YEEAHHH!!!

Gene, when I woke up this morning at 3:30 in the morning brother, the very first thing I did after I rolled out of bed was pick up the phone, and you know who I called brother?!?! I called the Stinger, man! The Stinger picked up the phone and said - "What took you so long, Hulkster?!?! I've been up since 3am!" I said, Sting man, are you ready for battle?!? What'd you say, Stinger?!?

I said I was born ready for battle, Hulkster!!!!

That's right, brother!!!! I got off the phone with the Stinger and then I immediately called Lex Luger....Luger picks up the phone, and you know what he said, Gene?!? He said "Hulkster!!!! Where ya been, dude!?!? I've been up since 2:30 in the morning, hitting the weights and training!" What else did you tell em, dude?!?!

I said I'm ready to put an end to the Dungeon of Doom!!!!

That's right, brother!!!! So I get off the phone with Luger and I call the Macho Man. The phone rings and rings and rings, Mean Gene, and no one answers. I'm a little confused by this, but then I hear my doorbell ring, brother. I go downstairs and answer the door, and it's none other than the Macho Man, dude! Mach says "Hogan!!! I've been up all night long going over our battle plan and haven't even been to sleep!" The Macho Man's been on a steady diet of Napalm and Agent Orange throughout the night, just to give him an advantage in tonight's battle!!! I looked at Macho Man and I asked him; Mach, you've been up all night, you've been eating Napalm and Agent Orange, are you still hungry for battle, my man??! What'd you say Mach?!?!

I said, OHHHH YEAAAAAAHHHH I'm hungry for more!!!

That's right, dude!!! So he did what any teammate would do and he shared some with me! Gene, we've all come together today, we picked up our fatigues, we've painted ourselves up ready for battle! We all arrived at the arena today in our Humvee and when I stepped out and onto this field of battle Gene, I could smell gunpowder in the air! The first strike is just about ready to take place, and it's centered right on the forehead of the Dungeon of Doom, man! There is no question about the Hulkamaniacs! There's no question about Lex Luger! I looked Luger in the eye earlier today and I saw nothing but a veteran ready to get in the trenches, brother! He looked at me and saw the same thing and right then an there, we knew we were on the same page, dude! Luger's got my back, and I've got Lugers, just like the Stinger's and the Macho Man's! The Hulkamaniacs are one in solidarity, brother, and that's the one thing that terrifies the Dungeon of Doom!!! So Dungeon of Doom, WHATCHA GONNA DO BROTHER'S, WHEN THE HULKAMANIACS DESTROY YOUUUUUUUUUUU!!

All 4 men storm off from camera view as Gene can barely collect himself. He pushes his glasses back up, gives a slight nod to the camera, and sends it back out into the arena for the introduction of War Games.

Back in the arena, it's clear that the cage was being lowered during the promo because the ring crew are now securing the cage to the ring posts. The rules are given by the announce team as each team will start off with one participant. A new participant will enter every 5 minutes. The team captains had already flipped a coin backstage, we're told, and that the Dungeon of Doom won the toss. As such, the Dungeon of Doom will have the first entry, causing a brief handicap. Just as the rules are finishing up, the first competitors make their way out;

2065559237_JohnTenta.gif.c2a2a2e5dcd4c5eeb7eab4596fe8ca46.gifvs. 751619117_RandySavage.gif.c09cebc51f07e29edef4214c23596675.gif

The Shark and the Macho Man start things off. Shark made his way out first followed by Randy Savage. Savage wasted little time rushing to the ring and going right after the Shark. The battle raged as the referees rushed to secure the cage. Bischoff reminded those watching at home that the match could not come to an end until all men had entered the match and it can only end when one member of a team submits or can no longer continue. Savage continues his assault, now going after the legs of the Shark. Bobby Heenan calls this a brilliant strategy as he doesn't let up and give Shark an opportunity to utilize his massive size advantage. The 5 minutes quickly go by though and soon Savage is neutralized as the Dungeon of Doom take the 2 on 1 advantage with the next entry;

Kamala.gif.635ebe46a30c27d78f8073177f3b4bf0.gif

The Ugandan Giant stumbles his way down the aisle and to the ring where he climbs in. Savage seems locked in with tunnel vision as he continues his assault on the Shark which allows Kamala to come up to Savage from behind. From here on, it's total 2 on 1 and Savage is----savagely beaten down by both big men.  The minutes seem to go by as slow as possible as Savage is helpless, the fans eager for the buzzer to go off so fans can see who will come to the rescue from the Hulkamaniacs. When the timer finally does go off, a huge roar erupts from the sold out crowd as the next man rushes out;

Sting2.gif.2489cbdb046622cae0d59b403c18cf77.gif

The Stinger quickly rushes to the ring and waits at the cage door for the referees to open it. As soon as it opens, Sting rushes in to the aid of the Macho Man. Sting takes turns attacking both the Shark and Kamala. With the odds finally evened, Sting continues his attack while Savage tries desperately to collect himself and pull himself up in the corner. Nursing his ribs, the Macho Man gets to his feet and takes a few breaths before rushing Kamala as Sting pairs off with the Shark. Sting uses the cage to his advantage, and being the only man in the ring right now with experience in War Games, clearly shows he knows what to do. Sting jumps and hangs from the cage roof and gives two stiff boots to the chest of Shark, who crashes down. Sting releases from the cage and then goes to Kamala, hitting him with a few shots before yelling to Savage. The two men grab hold of Kamala and rush him to the opposite side of the ring, crashing him into the unforgiving steel. Soon after, as it always seems to go too fast for the good-guys, the buzzer goes off and the fans look to the entrance to see who will emerge next for the Dungeon of Doom;

Zodiac.gif.571a7e0dbcea2fb71be297fd9c714595.gif

The Zodiac stumbles out next, and while no one really knows what the Zodiac is supposed to be, he's not quite seen as a threat within the Dungeon of Doom. He makes his way into the ring but doesn't really cause much more of a disturbance. He tries to take advantage of the 3 on 2 situation, but Sting and the Macho Man are able to hold their own. Eventually though, the numbers finally catch up to the two Hulkamaniacs, and the members of the Dungeon of Doom are able to get an advantage. Mostly the Zodiac and Kamala team up on the Macho Man while the Shark and Sting go at it. With Savage being the weaker one due to taking more punishment, they are able to inflict more damage, though Savage finds himself on the offensive a few times. The handicap advantage doesn't last very long though, 5 minutes, to be exact, as the buzzer sounds and out walks the 3rd man for the Hulkamaniacs;

945805473_LexLuger2.gif.aed50af2c22a248d25c281dbc3921fe1.gif

Luger walks out and makes his way to the cage door. As it opens, Lex is confronted by Zodiac, who immediately kicks the Total Package in the stomach as he is stepping through the ropes. Zodiac continues the assault as Lex climbs through but Luger is able to withstand it and stands up straight, looking at Zodiac who has now stopped the attack. Luger flexes and yells in Zodiac's direction, which again fires up the crowd. Seeing his mistake, Zodiac tries to beg off Luger with no luck as it's his turn to take punishment. Luger focuses his attack on Zodiac, Sting remains paired off with Shark, and Macho Man and Kamala brawl. It stays this way with all 6 men trading the advantage, though mostly Luger remains on offense with Zodiac. Finally, the buzzer sounds for the final member of the Dungeon of Doom to emerge;

468144989_KevinSullivan.gif.23d2b4831a0f4a05180a4cbb1c8e975e.gif

Sullivan comes out in his yellow robe with his hood up. He's not really in any rush to get to the ring and appears confident not only in himself, but in his team. Sullivan climbs in and directs his team members wherever he thinks they need to go. With the addition of the final member of the Dungeon of Doom now in, the numbers take a toll on the Hulkamaniacs. Little by little, Sullivan and his group take control and each member of the Hulkamanics in the ring get beaten down. Savage was dispatched first, followed by Lex Luger, and then finally they all turn their attention to Sting, who seems to be the biggest threat. As the Stinger is beaten down, the fans in the arena beg for the buzzer to sound so the world heavyweight champion can run to rescue his team.

729597696_HulkHogan2.gif.7f782c33e6b09389968d42f61adfb30f.gif

After what seems an eternity, the buzzer finally goes off and Hulk Hogan rushes out from behind the stage and down to the ring. The Hulkster seems to have something in his hand, though it can't be determined exactly what it is. Once the cage door open and Hogan gets in, he's met by Kamala. Hogan quickly throws something in the face of the Ugandan Giant and a cloud fills the air. Hogan takes something out of one of his pants pockets and throws it in the face of The Shark, creating more "smoke" in the air. Finally, he does the same thing to Zodiac and Kevin Sullivan. Bobby Heenan goes on about "that smell!!!" and swears Hogan just napalmed the entire Dungeon of Doom. Hogan is vicious in his attack on each member before finally setting the sights on the Taskmaster and settling in. One by one, each member of the Hulkamaniacs begin to make their comeback. Luger manages to regain the offensive attack on Shark. Sting gets to his feet and attacks Zodiac, and eventually the Macho Man, who has taken the most punishment in this match, gets back up to his feet and takes out Kamala. Hogan and Savage then double team the Taskmaster.

While that attack takes place, Luger and the Shark are brawling. While Luger fights the Shark and Hogan and Savage double team Sullivan, Luger and Hogan eventually back into one another. Both men spin around and rear back to deliver an assault. Seeing what's about to take place, Sting and the Macho Man rush in to hold off each man. Hogan and Luger look at each other and realize they were a split second away from attacking the other. A brief conversation occurs between Luger and Hogan, though it can't be made out what they say. After a moment, both Luger and Hogan offer up a high-five which generates another loud cheer from the crowd. The announcers go on about how the Hulkamaniacs are indeed on the same page as they continue their assault on the Dungeon of Doom. With the Dungeon beaten down, Hogan puts the Zodiac in a camel clutch. Hogan wrenches back to apply pressure as the Zodiac wildly flails his arms and submits, giving the submission victory to the Hulkamaniacs in 27:38 to the delight of the crowd.

Winners of War Games: The Hulkamaniacs

Rating: 68

Overall Show Grade: 70

As a side note; I'm really sorry guys, I meant to have this put up days ago, however, when I got halfway through typing it up, something happened with the formatting erasing nearly everything. Seeing that I was going to have to start all over, I walked away, so I apologize it took much longer to get this put up than it should have. As a side note, I'm very happy with the amount of people responding to this and I hope you guys are enjoying it so far! I'm pleasantly surprised that no one was able to guess all the matches outcomes correctly, so at least I was successful in this show not being totally predictable. As you can probably tell, most things have been pretty true to life. I didn't want to delve too far from how things actually happened on my first PPV. From this point moving forward, it will be more unique, though I always try to keep my games fairly realistic. Hopefully you all enjoy!

• Like 3

Nitro.thumb.jpg.e85c34b92d664491860892cdd41e2e8e.jpg

Week 1, October 1995

LIVE from the Tucson Convention Center - Tucson, AZ

Attendance: 7,977

The crowd is lively tonight in Tucson and the fans are excited for what's in store following last nights Fall Brawl PPV. After making the long trek from North Carolina just 24 hours before, WCW looks to continue their momentum now that we're in the month of October. After the typical Nitro introduction of panoramic crowd shots and a huge pyro display, we're taken straight to the announce position where Eric Bischoff, Bobby Heenan, and Mike Tenay welcome us all for joining in. Bischoff gives a rundown of Fall Brawl and War Games while still pictures are shown on camera -

Eric Bischoff: Ladies and gentlemen, we're fresh off the heels of WCW's Fall Brawl, and Bobby, I can't believe what kind of night it was!

Bobby: Eric, last night will go down as one of the most brutal War Games matches in WCW's history. On top of that, we have new tag team champions in the way of Harlem Heat, and you can bet it won't take long before they have all kinds of teams coming after them and those titles!

Bischoff: Indeed that's got to be true, Brain. Mike Tenay, what's your take on Fall Brawl and War Games??

Tenay: Eric, Bobby, last night was certainly an exciting time to be a wrestling fan. We saw Diamond Dallas Page successfully defend his Television title against Eddie Guerrero, a new #1 contender to the TV title by way of Brian Pillman, as you already said Bobby, new tag team champions, and then to top it all off, in War Games; We had the Hulkamaniacs come out victorious as they battled the Dungeon of Doom. It certainly was a war between both teams, but if you had to ask me, I'd say this was a battle won by the Hulkamaniacs, but it seems the war itself is far from over.

Bischoff: It was a wild night, for sure, and Mike, I think you're right. It seems like last night was just a small battle that was fought but the war elsewhere seems to still be waging on. Wait a minute ---

231562248_RandySavage95.jpg.6d91f4c0001146f1f439e9bbb03bf0fb.jpg

- A guitar riff can be heard as it plays through the arena speakers and the crowd get on their feet. Pomp and Circumstance belts from the speakers and the lights at the stage flash a multitude of colors. The crowd cheers loudly again as the Macho Man Randy Savage walks out. He plays up to the crowd a bit before heading straight to the ring. Eric Bischoff and Co. speculate on what exactly the Macho Man has in store, but none of us has to wait very long before he climbs in, taunts the crowd, and grabs a microphone from David Penzer -

OHHH YEAAAHHHH!!!!! Last night, the Hulkamaniacs went to battle with the Dungeon of Doom and came out victorious - YEAH!

But there's one--------Giant---Omission.....And that's THE GIANT!!!

See, I'm gonna cut right to the chase! I've never backed down from a fight in my entire life, NOPE! And tonight isn't about to be any different!! So tonight, the Macho Man's calling out the Giant for a fight!! He may have ducked us all last night, but he's eventually gonna have to pay, and it starts right here TONIGHT against the Macho Man!!!

Macho paces around the ring as the Dungeon of Doom's music plays. Out strolls The Taskmaster Kevin Sullivan, but he's all alone. The rest of the Dungeon isn't with him right now. Sullivan is sporting some visible results of last nights battle as a bandage is on his forehead. Sullivan has a sinister look on his face as he laughs into the microphone as Savage is now all focused at the stage - 

Randy Macho Man Savage....Just when I thought you took a big enough beating at the hands of the Dungeon of Doom last night, now you come out here tonight and basically wish death and destruction upon yourself, is that right??? Well Mr. Savage, I can assure you that the Giant is not afraid of anything such as yourself. You see, you're nothing but a gnat to the Giant; flying around and being nothing but a nuisance as he casually swats you away. Well, Mr. Savage, what happens to the gnat eventually?? It ends up as a black smear on the palm of the Giant! You don't get it, Savage. Last night at War Games, we spared you....We spared you from further pain and agony. Well, don't look to any more good will from the Dungeon of Doom, Savage....Because you've used up all of our good will! Tonight, you will go straight into the Dungeon to fight the monster, and I can assure you, you will not come out in one piece....Your challenge against the Giant is officially accepted.

Rating: 82

Hugh Morrus VS. Brad Armstrong

1373432900_BillDemott.jpg.1b45bc5fe82afd5f70f79cb52ed1eacd.jpg       752262314_BradArmstrong5.jpg.985a1d9d29239d0e4db3b545d1dc8a2c.jpg

After collectively losing their minds over the accepted challenge and impromptu main event for tonight, the announce team let the fans know what the first matchup of the night is; Hugh Morrus taking on Brad Armstrong. After discussing the fallout from Fall Brawl and the opening segment, this match came off as a little flat not only to the fans watching at home, but also in the arena. Both men were actually pretty evenly matched and Brad Armstrong actually picked up the surprising win in 6:03 with a pinfall victory following a Russian Leg Sweep.

Winner: Brad Armstrong

Rating: 48

Dean Malenko vs Jushin Thunder Liger

1275718521_JushinThunderLiger.gif.08b47489513984b4e7a19845eb49c9da.gifvs 2044728893_DeanMalenko.gif.4376462ae352e121d75bdb20c7aa1b9a.gif

The appearance of Jushin Liger was unexpected to the crowd in the arena and they gave him a pretty positive reaction. As he made his entrance, this allowed Mike Tenay to discuss a recent working relationship between WCW and NJPW. Tenay also says that Gene Okerlund will have more detail regarding that exclusively on his WCW Hotline. Dean Malenko makes his way out next and the announcers discuss Malenko and his desire to attain some WCW gold. This was a good, high-flying, fast-paced match that got the crowd warmer following the opening bout. The ending of the match came at 14:52 when Malenko countered a spring board attack from Liger with a powerbomb and then locking in the Texas Cloverleaf for the submission victory.

Winner: Dean Malenko

Rating: 63

1719067206_MarcusBagwell.gif.01a8bdaa282e9e89e381f8fe03aeb6e7.gif1186303999_ScottyRiggs2.gif.a0f8146029348e37b3db6c3ecda18017.gif

- Following the match we're sent backstage where a pre-taped segment is shown with the American Males. They hype themselves up as one of the top teams in WCW and state their victory last night over the Nasty Boys prove it. In addition, they also claim to be the #1 contenders to Harlem Heat and the WCW Tag Team titles. No one is really quite sure what makes them #1 contenders, but it's a unchallenged promo by the American Males. They claim that they have the utmost respect for Harlem Heat, but they are coming after them and the belts - 

579547781_HulkHogan955.jpg.d0bd7bbb53fcda59bcdf2ebf0806adf4.jpg231562248_RandySavage95.jpg.6d91f4c0001146f1f439e9bbb03bf0fb.jpg

Straight from the American Males and after a short commercial break, we're sent to the backstage area again where Randy Savage is seen preparing for his match. Hulk Hogan is also in the room with Savage, desperately trying to talk some sense into the Madness.

Brother, you've got nothing to prove and you don't need to do this tonight!

Macho!?

C'mon brother, you have no idea what you're doing!!! This is suicide, brother! You can't go out there and take on the Giant! Macho, please!!! Listen to me!!

Savage basically isn't even hearing Hogan's pleas. He clearly is in the zone and focused as he continues his warm-ups. Finally, he stops after a few moments and looks at Hogan square in the eye

Tonight, the Giant is gonna find out what the Madness is all about.....

DIG IT!!!

Savage storms out of his dressing room and a frustrated Hogan stays for just a brief second before following Savage out. Hogan can be heard off camera yelling for Savage and pleading again for him not to participate in the match.

Rating: 99

Main Event:

The Giant vs Randy Savage

1388825390_TheGiant.jpg.aa8f3e9ee00fdefb8a31a7aa13e26fb6.jpg     231562248_RandySavage95.jpg.6d91f4c0001146f1f439e9bbb03bf0fb.jpg

Savage makes his entrance first followed by the Giant, who is joined by Kevin Sullivan. The Giant stalks his way to the ring as the arena is lighted with an ominous green glow. Savage paces around the ring, waiting for the Giant to enter. After some taunting by both men, the Giant finally steps onto the apron and climbs over the top rope. The Macho Man immediately goes into attack mode, using his quickness to his advantage. The comparison of a gnat being swatted at earlier from Kevin Sullivan can definitely be seen in this situation as Savage rushes in with an attack and then quickly runs back off. Savage at one point grabs a steel chair from the outside and tries to use it in the ring, only to be stopped by the referee. This was a costly mistake as the Giant used the opportunity to attack. Aside from a few brief attempts, the Macho Man didn't get much other offense in as the wounds from the previous nights War Games were apparent, as well as the drastic size difference in this matchup. Savage fought valiantly, however, and never backed down. Even when the Macho Man could barely stand on his own and was being toyed with by the Giant, Savage still attempted and took some swings, though they didn't connect. The match went surprisingly long and kept the crowd's interest and it all came to an end in 16:03 when the Giant hit not one, not two, but 3 chokeslams. On the final one, the Giant held a limp Savage high in the air as the Taskmaster gave the order from the outside for final destruction of the Macho Man. The Giant covered the Macho Man with a single boot as the referee counted the three, and the announce team questioned where the rest of the Hulkamaniacs were. Nitro faded out to black as it focused on the beaten and unconscious Macho Man.

Winner: The Giant

Rating: 85

Overall Show Grade: 87

• Like 2