Starting with a Bigger Company

I've played quite a few games of TEW at this point, but I pretty much always start with a very small company - usually somewhere between Insignificant and Small in TEW 2020 terms, and rarely even as big as Small if I'm not starting from scratch.

Now of late, I've been trying to go through every company in the C-Verse and play each one for a year. I've made it through NYCW, RIPW, and IPW, and I'm looking at doing 21CW next, and I've run into the same roadblock that I've hit every time I try to play such a big company, which is that I simply have no idea how to get started. I feel like there's too much to take in all at once.

So I'm interested if anyone has any advice on how to get started with these large companies.

34 minutes ago, Thane of Fife said:

I've played quite a few games of TEW at this point, but I pretty much always start with a very small company - usually somewhere between Insignificant and Small in TEW 2020 terms, and rarely even as big as Small if I'm not starting from scratch.

Now of late, I've been trying to go through every company in the C-Verse and play each one for a year. I've made it through NYCW, RIPW, and IPW, and I'm looking at doing 21CW next, and I've run into the same roadblock that I've hit every time I try to play such a big company, which is that I simply have no idea how to get started. I feel like there's too much to take in all at once.

So I'm interested if anyone has any advice on how to get started with these large companies.

My best advice. Is just start doing stuff. Book shows at first you won’t know anyone or you’ll do random stuff. After a month or two you’ll get in the flow. That’s what I do when I do a company that I’m not fully into right away.

I think the most efficient way would probably be to work backwards from your first PPV. 

You are used to booking big monthly shows because that’s all the small companies have, but after that you can just focus on piece by piece to get to the big show and break it down that way.

Edited by Teh_Showtime

I think one of the worst things to do is just jump in and start immediately booking a show. For the first couple sessions of gameplay, just look around. Look at your roster and read their bios, multiple times over. Check out the composition of your roster. Check out your teams and stables. Check out the storylines. Delay actually booking a show for as long as you think is possible. When you do start booking, you still will need some time to get used to everyone, but you'll have the prior knowledge and insight by reading and looking around, so you'll have a little bit more context into your booking. Just reading instead of booking your shows does seem like a waste of time, but it's really worth it.

• Like 6

To add to all this I would identify the workers who fit the roles that I like to have in my stories. A big hoss, an undercarder who want to get to the main event, a main eventer you want to downgrade to the midcarder, and then the 3-6 people you want all the stories to revolve around. Then read the stories of just those to start. Eventually you'll read the bios of the characters who work with them and go from there.