Era TV/PPV ratings settings

I created a Pandemic Era, which starts in March 2020 in the default C-Verse data. I set TV Ratings and PPV to be massively lower when the pandemic starts. Maybe seeing the difference in the numbers will help. Here are what it looked like in Jan/Feb vs March in my save:

USPW on Reverie in Jan - Stars, Stripes, Slams! did 7,367,942 viewers

USPW on Reverie in Feb - Red, White And Blue did 7,480,459 viewers

Massively lower TV/PPV era: USPW on Reverie in March - Liberty And Justice! did 2,211,675 viewers

They had the same popularity, all shows were in South West region, and Reverie had the same reach all 3 months.

And then for PPV numbers from TCW

TCW Malice on USA Free Choice and U-Demand Canada did 335,683 buys in January

TCW The War did 224,298 buys in February

TCW Total Mayhem in May did 71,296 buys

• Like 1

Thanks for those numbers. I started a CVerse save and simulated a month. It’s more the limit profits companies are making. I was 8 years into a save and my company was bouncing off the 1billion limit. Pretty much every company was making millions a month. The massively reduced setting did seem to lessen the profits to an extent and even cause some losses. 

Yea. A huge way to make profits more realistic is to scale PPV broadcaster coverage sizes in such a way that it's not such a guaranteed cash cow. The biggest PPV sizes I have are scaled by region. So for example the largest PPV providers have Medium to Big coverage in the large markets but Small to Very Small coverage in the smaller markets.