Comic Book Universe now available for purchase!

We are happy to announce that Comic Book Universe is now available for purchase via our webstore:

https://greydogsoftware.onfastspring.com/

If you already have the trial, you do not need to download the full retail install linked in your purchase email. Instead, you can just download and run our trial to installer update:

http://greydogsoftware.com/downloads/CBU_Trial_To_Retail.msi

If you would like more information on the game, you can check out or game page. Here you can find a list of features, screenshots and a video trailer.

Thanks again for all your support and once again this game is using FastSpring - not eLicense. After you purchase the game, either download the full install from the email you get or click the link above to download the trial to retail update if you had the trial. Next, run the installer. When the install completes, click the game shortcut. It may take a few seconds, but you will see the license activation wizard. Enter your license key from your email and close the wizard. You should now be all set.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Arlie Rahn said:

If you already have the trial, you do not need to download the full retail install linked in your purchase email. Instead, you can just download and run our trial to installer update:

http://greydogsoftware.com/downloads/CBU_Trial_To_Retail.msi

For some reason, this doesn't seem to work neither here nor from the game page with the Demo to Retail Version.

1 hour ago, LostInWeb said:

For some reason, this doesn't seem to work neither here nor from the game page with the Demo to Retail Version.

What issue are you having? Do you mean you can't download it, it's not running, or it's not updating your game?

NB you can just use the full retail installer instead if it's the former, it ultimately does the same thing.

1 hour ago, bestbitter said:

Adam says, and I quote

The full retail version of the game will then launch one week later on Saturday 29th October. The game will be priced at $24.95.

When I have gone to purchase it comes up as £26.95! Is this an error or are we in the UK now paying more?

I've passed it on to Grey Dog to look into; it should automatically convert from dollars to pounds.

14 minutes ago, Adam Ryland said:

What issue are you having? Do you mean you can't download it, it's not running, or it's not updating your game?

NB you can just use the full retail installer instead if it's the former, it ultimately does the same thing.

Yeah, I used the full version instead, but if you want to check what the issue may be, since others may have the same problem:

When I click the link above or the "Demo to Retail" button on the Game Page it opens a new tab for just a few seconds saying "Loading ..." and then "Unknown" and then immediately closes. Then nothing more happens, so I can't download anything or do something else, for that matter.

For the record: I have no Add-Blocker running for this site, if that might cause the problem. It must be something else. Browser is Chrome.

So, I’m reading up and it appears we may need to start charging VAT for UK customers now. If we did that, it would be the exchange rate plus 19%, which would be the 25.56 amount you guys saw.

im going to talk with my tax guy and FastSpring tomorrow to see. For now, I’ll leave it at the base amount

4 hours ago, Arlie Rahn said:

So, I’m reading up and it appears we may need to start charging VAT for UK customers now. If we did that, it would be the exchange rate plus 19%, which would be the 25.56 amount you guys saw.

im going to talk with my tax guy and FastSpring tomorrow to see. For now, I’ll leave it at the base amount

VAT in the UK is 20%.

Guys,

I checked it out and it looks like we need to collect VAT moving forward on sales in the UK and Europe. The US has to pay sales tax as well for certain states. I'm looking into ways to slightly reduce the price for UK buyers to offset the VAT a bit. Every other digital game seller I follow adds VAT on to their purchase now.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2022 at 10:20 AM, Arlie Rahn said:

I checked it out and it looks like we need to collect VAT moving forward on sales in the UK and Europe. The US has to pay sales tax as well for certain states. I'm looking into ways to slightly reduce the price for UK buyers to offset the VAT a bit. Every other digital game seller I follow adds VAT on to their purchase now.

I know Oregon is one state which does not do a sales tax. I understand that though, no problem.