Popularity Cap Question (Help Needed!)

So I'm completely stumped on this issues and I'm turning to the forums as a last ditched resort to get an answer as its driving me insane!

So my company has recently gone up in size to Big(3-4 weeks in game). And before i hit big size my workers would not go past 85 in popularity and this is something I was later told is locked in game to companies of medium size (not actually confirmed 100%)

But the issue I'm having now is out of all my workers only 1 has now started to go above 85 where as the rest are all stuck on 85 or lower?

Now I've read the popularity cap info on the player handbook over and over and im totally confused why only one of my workers are going above the 85 threshold.

I say this because my broadcast coverage is Enormous so that's definitely not the issue, also the workers not able to go over 85 have average in ring ratings of 85+ and star quality of 90+ and other entertainment skills way above what you would probably deem above the threshold.

But the last and most annoying issue I have is that I signed a worker with popularity in the mid 90's in another game region but I cant get him over 85 in mine? and this is why I'm completely stumped and out of ideas because his old company has way lower pop than me and broadcast coverage so I'm just totally lost as to why i cant break the 85 threshold even after rising to big in size and with an enormous coverage.

20 hours ago, SuperFresh said:

But the issue I'm having now is out of all my workers only 1 has now started to go above 85 where as the rest are all stuck on 85 or lower?

Now I've read the popularity cap info on the player handbook over and over and im totally confused why only one of my workers are going above the 85 threshold.

I say this because my broadcast coverage is Enormous so that's definitely not the issue, also the workers not able to go over 85 have average in ring ratings of 85+ and star quality of 90+ and other entertainment skills way above what you would probably deem above the threshold.

That sounds like the rest of your workers just got 'poor' (comparatively) destiny rolls. Just because they've got good star quality doesn't guarantee anything, they can still end up with a lower cap. Not everyone can be achieve global stardom.

But the last and most annoying issue I have is that I signed a worker with popularity in the mid 90's in another game region but I cant get him over 85 in mine? and this is why I'm completely stumped and out of ideas because his old company has way lower pop than me and broadcast coverage so I'm just totally lost as to why i cant break the 85 threshold even after rising to big in size and with an enormous coverage.

Caps are not fixed. The character may have had a cap in the mid 90s earlier in his career and gone down since then.

• Like 3

This sounds like a visibility issue I know there are caps to the amount of popularity you can hit without being on the biggest broadcasters. Did you try for a new/better TV deal since going to Big?

That seems more likely than your entire main event having the exact same hard cap.

Edited by Teh_Showtime

9 hours ago, Adam Ryland said:

Caps are not fixed. The character may have had a cap in the mid 90s earlier in his career and gone down since then.

Does this also work in the opposite way?

Lets say for example someone is capped at 80, is it possible as they get older(just as example) this 80 cap can rise?