Multiple Licenses?

Has there ever been thought to giving a discount on a second use of a license, for someone like me with a PC and a laptop, and wanting to be able to use it on both computers.  Maybe it wouldn't be feasible, but thought it would be nice to have TEW 20 useable on both computers so I can play when out of town for work without having to remember to unlicense/relicense

18 hours ago, Kashmir said:

Has there ever been thought to giving a discount on a second use of a license, for someone like me with a PC and a laptop, and wanting to be able to use it on both computers.  Maybe it wouldn't be feasible, but thought it would be nice to have TEW 20 useable on both computers so I can play when out of town for work without having to remember to unlicense/relicense

I'd imagine not because how would GDS know if the same person was using both licenses? You could claim you had two, one for your PC and one for your Laptop, but you could easily give the discounted license to a friend so GDS would have lost money on that license.

That's one of the reasons we are going to QLM/FastSpring. Then, you can easily deactivate and activate licenses with their system. But giving discounted licenses is tough as we don't know if you are using it or giving it to a buddy. Given the hours most of us have put into these games and the fact that Adam doesn't do the yearly money grab most games do - I would recommend waiting for a sale (ie, Black Friday) and just getting another copy then.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Arlie Rahn said:

That's one of the reasons we are going to QLM/FastSpring. Then, you can easily deactivate and activate licenses with their system. But giving discounted licenses is tough as we don't know if you are using it or giving it to a buddy. Given the hours most of us have put into these games and the fact that Adam doesn't do the yearly money grab most games do - I would recommend waiting for a sale (ie, Black Friday) and just getting another copy then.

Whilst we're on the subject of licenses: Is the email address eLicense told me to send the license reset request to correct? 

5 hours ago, Adam Ryland said:

You should be sending it to scott@greydogsoftware com. It's referenced in the pinned FAQ at the top of every technical support forum (well, for my games, not sure about the others) if you ever need a reminder.

Thanks. eLicense is giving a different email address out, so y'all might want to reach out to them on that in case anyone else misses seeing the sticky (I know I did)

17 hours ago, Arlie Rahn said:

I totally understand, and as I previously stated, assumed it wouldn't really b possible.  My whole thing is I travel a ton for work, and sometimes I forget to unlicense, and therefore cannot play.  I understand I'm probably in the minority and also, it's my own fault for not unlicensing.  When you all switch systems, is it going to allow us to unlicense from another computer?