Girls Hoop, Too!

So I'm currently sitting in the Trial mode while I wait for GDS to reset my FBCB 2010 license (eLicense wouldn't do it). I'll be using [b]Petrel[/b]'s women's basketball mod, which includes name files and prestige ratings.

But I also might be tweaking those ratings. I'm seeing some very odd things.

1. Binghamton having 23 prestige despite not appearing to have the record to deserve that.

2. Cornell being at 2 prestige despite a 2004 NCAA appearance, while Columbia has 17 prestige with only 2 winning records in Ivy League history - and one of those is in 2020 - well past when he made the database! 0 appearances of course. That one I would love a justification on.

3. UW-Green Bay being at 72 prestige just one Sweet 16 appearance. Granted in recent history at the time the mod was made, the Phoenix were pretty consistently in the tournament and having a habit of making the second round, but 72 still seems a little too high for me.

4. Western Illinois being at 4 prestige even though they have (an admittedly distant) NCAA tournament appearance and at least 2 WNIT appearances (I'm only through 2010 currently). That's still far better than Binghamton and Columbia, and arguably better than Cornell.

Now if you want to argue that academic prestige and national reputation are part of the equation, that still does not square with such a wide disparity between Cornell and Columbia.

Okay, okay enough complaining from me (there will be more later, I'm sure).

So far, as noted I've gone through 2010 on the WNIT. I'll be going through 2012 since FBCB's default start year is 2013, and it becomes a real pain in the butt to tabulate teams once it expands to 64 teams (Note: FBCB only allows it to go to 40). The WBI is tabulated to 2012, but I haven't written down the champions of it yet. I might not because no one cares about the third-tier tournament.

For the NCAA tournament, I'm through the C's, and though I'm tabulating until 2022, I still won't take any team that's made their first tournament appearance after 2012. I don't want the pressure of trying to repeat the real-life results :)

Most interesting thing I've found: Arkansas Pine-Bluff bragging about their 1977-78 AWISA championship team - so much so that like 42 years later, they brought the team back to a game to acknowledge them:

https://uapblionsroar.com/news/2020/1/17/1977-78-womens-basketball-champions-to-be-honored-saturday

What's AWISA, you ask? Arkansas Women's Intercollegiate Sports Association. Basically, as JIMGA (who cracked the acronym for me) noted, essentially celebrating a conference championship. UAPB wasn't part of the AIAW, which was the national women's college organization at the time. As the article notes, they were part of the National Black Association of Black Sports.

Other historical note: the women's NCAA tournament started in 1982. The AIAW also held their tournament that year, but the best teams, including defending champion Louisiana Tech, said bye to the AIAW and went to the NCAA tournament instead (LA Tech won the inaugural tournament, then won again in 1988, beating Auburn by just 2 points).

Historical note 3? 4?: Auburn is the Buffalo Bills of women's college basketball. Three straight years - 1988, 1989, 1990 - they made the national championship game. They lost all three - by 2 to LA Tech in 88, by 16 to Tennessee in 89, by 8 to Stanford in 90. The Tigers have fallen off the map comparatively speaking since 1996, when they made their last Elite 8 appearance. That was the last time they made the Sweet 16, too.

Anyway, next post I'll probably come yet with more cool facts/trivia, and maybe have some lists ready for y'all to read. Long, long lists.

Absolutely classic website I stumbled upon while trying to figure out if Fairleigh Dickinson made the NWIT after their NEC tournament (and share of one) regular season championship in the late 80s/early 90s: http://womenscollegebasketballhistory.com

Definite throwback to the past

As you can see on that genuinely helpful website, you essentially had 2 tournaments per year (not unlike now). Except for the year 1997 - the NWIT folded in 1996 and the secondary women's tournament wasn't brought back until 1998.

So I promised a list, and here's one: the WBI teams and champions from 2010-12 (For more details and later champions, see the [URL="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women's_Basketball_Invitational"]Wikipedia page[/URL]

[code]
WBI - Started in 2010 - Only tracked through 2012
Akron
Alabama-Brimingham (2011 Champions)
Appalachian State (2010 Champions)
Bradley (2) (12)
Buffalo (11)
Cal State-Bakersfield (2) (11)
Charleston Southern (2) (12)
Central Arkansas (11)
Chicago State (11)
Cleveland State (11)
College of Charleston
Eastern Illinois (11)
Elson (11)
Idaho (11)
Fairfield
Holy Cross (12)
IPFW (11)
Louisville
Manhattan (2)(12)
Memphis
Minnesota (2012 Champions)
Morehead State
New Hampshire (12)
North Dakota (12)
Northern Colorado (11)
Northern Iowa (12)
Portland
Rice (12)
Robert Morris (12)
Sacred Heart (11)
Sam Houston State (12)
Seattle (12)
SIU-Edwardsville (12)
South Dakota (11)
Stephen F. Austin (12)
Tennessee Tech (12)
Texas A&M Corpus-Christi
Towson
UMKC
USC Upstate (11)
Washington
Wichita State
Wright State (2) (12)[/code]

And since I don't feel like typing out another 127 teams, here's the WNIT from 1998 to 2010 with 2011 champions noted:

[code]
WNIT - Started in 1998 - Tracked Through 2010 w/2011 Champions Noted
Akron (99)
Alabama (3)(02)
Alabama-Birmingham (2)(07)
American (4)(10)
Arizona (01)
Arizona State (4)(10)
Arkansas (4)(09) (1999 Champions)
Arkansas-Little Rock (2)(09)
Arkansas State (5)(07)
Auburn (2)(04) (2003 Champions)
Ball State (2)(03)
Baylor (3)(03)
Belmont (06)
Boise State (2)(08)
Boston College (09)
Boston University (2)(10)
Bowling Green (3)(09)
Bucknell (07)
Butler (3)(10)
BYU (4)(10)
California (10) (2010 Champions)
Canisius (09)
Central Connecticut State(09)
Cincinnati (5)(06)
Clemson (04)
Colorado (99)
Colorado State (3)(04)
Coppin State (2)(09)
Creighton (7)(10) (2004 Champions)
Davidson (07)
Dartmouth (2)(08)
Dayton (3)(09)
Delaware (4)(10)
DePaul (3)(02)
Drake (3)(08)
Drexel (10
Duquesne (2)(10)
East Carolina (10)
East Tennessee State (07)
Eastern Illinois (10)
Eastern Kentucky (02)
Eastern Michigan (2)(10)
Eastern Washington (10)
Evansville (3)(08)
Fairfield (00)
Florida (3)(10)
Florida Gulf Coast (3)(10)
Florida International (3)(06)
Florida State (2)(04)
Fresno State (3)(06)
Gardner-Webb (10)
George Mason (2)(04)
Georgetown (5)(09)
George Washington (2)(09)
Georgia State (00)
Georgia Tech (3)(02)
Gonzaga (3)(08)
Hartford (2)(09)
Harvard (2)(10)
Hawaii (4)(03)
High Point (07)
Hofstra (2)(10)
Holy Cross (02)
Houston (3)(10)
Idaho State (2)(08)
Illinois (5)(10)
Illinois-Chicago (07)
Illinois State (3)(10)
Indiana (3)(09)
Indiana State (3)(05)
Iona (3)(10)
Iowa (2)(05)
Iowa State (04)
Jackson State (2)(07)
James Madison (3)(09)
Kansas (3)(10)
Kansas State (2)(06) (2006 Champions)
Kent State (2)(10)
Kentucky (4)(09)
Long Beach State (00)
Long Island (07)
Louisiana Tech (09)
Louisville (2)(04)
Loyola-Marymount (01)
LSU
Maine (2)(05)
Marquette (5)(10) (2008 Champions)
Maryland (2)(10)
Memphis (4) (04)
Miami (3)(10)
Miami(OH) (04)
Michigan (3)(10)
Michigan State (3)(02)
Middle Tennessee State (3)(08)
Minnesota (07)
Mississippi (4)(10)
Mississippi State (3)(05)
Missouri (3)(03)
Missouri State (3)(10) (2005 Champions)
Montana (2)(07)
Montana State (03)
Murray State (2)(09)
Nebraska (3)(09)
Nevada (2)(10)
New Hampshire (99)
New Mexico (5)(10)
New Mexico State (10)
North Carolina-A&T (2)(10)
North Carolina-Charlotte (5)(10)
North Carolina-Greensboro (02)
North Texas (2)(02)
Northern Iowa (3)(06)
Northwestern (10)
Northwestern State (99)
Oakland (2)(09)
Ohio State (01) (2001 Champions)
Oklahoma (99)
Oklahoma State (3)(09)
Old Dominion (10)
Oral Roberts (10)
Oregon (2)(10) (2002 Champions)
Oregon State (6)(09)
Penn State (2)(10) (1998 Champions)
Pepperdine (4)(10)
Pittsburgh (2)(10)
Portland (2)(09)
Portland State (09)
Prairie View A&M (2)(10)
Providence (10)
Purdue (10)
Quinnipiac (08)
Radford (08)
Rice (6)(07)
Richmond (4)(10)
Robert Morris (10)
St. Bonaventure (2)(10)
St. John's (2)(09)
St. Joseph's-PA (6)(10)
Saint Louis (03)
St. Mary's-CA (3)(10)
Samford (10)
San Diego (07)
Santa Clara (4)(06)
San Francisco (02)
Seton Hall (3)(07)
Siena (3)(03)
SMU (3)(10)
South Alabama (2)(04)
South Carolina (08)
South Dakota State (08)
Southeast Missouri State (08)
Southern (09)
Southern Mississippi (3)(08)
South Florida (5)(10) (2009 Champions)
Southern Illinois (07)
Stephen F. Austin (2)(10)
Stony Brook (06)
Syracuse (2)(10)
Temple (01)
Tennessee-Chattanooga (3)(09)
Tennessee-Martin (99)
Tennessee Tech (06)
Texas A&M (05)
Texas A&M-Corpus Christi (05)
Texas-Arlington (2)(09)
Texas State (08)
Texas Tech (10)
Toledo (4)(11) (2011 Champions)
Tulane (07)
Tulsa (2)(05)
UC-Santa Barbara (2)(07)
UC-Davis (2)(10)
UC-Riverside (09)
UNLV (4)(05)
USC (2)(02)
Utah (3)(10)
Xavier (3)(05)
Valparaiso (02)
VCU (2)(10)
Vermont (2)(08)
Villanova (4)(09)
Virginia Tech (2)(02)
Washington (3)(04)
Wake Forest (3)(10)
West Virginia (2)(09)
Western Carolina (2)(08)
Western Illinois (2)(06)
Western Kentucky (5)(10)
Western Michigan (3)(04)
Wichita State (2)(00)
Winthrop (09)
Wisconsin (3)(09) (2000 Champions)
Wisconsin-Green Bay (2)(08)
Wyoming (3)(10)(2007 Champions)[/code]

[URL="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women's_National_Invitation_Tournament"]The Wikipedia page for the WNIT[/URL]

NWIT brackets I can only find on that throwback site and I'm not going to go through the hassle of tabulating that. Website to list of champions and runners-up per year can be found on the [URL="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Women's_Invitational_Tournament"]Wikipedia page[/URL]

How are we doing on the NCAA tournament? Partway through the Es, I got sick of having to go back and forth to determine last year for things, so I switched to number of bids, S16s, E8s, F4s, and RUs. It's going a lot faster that way, and if I need to look up last year because I end up coaching one of those teams, I'll just hop to their page and find it.

I'm also going to rule out Fairleigh Dickinson from the list. Odds are they made the NWIT so they're ineligible. I'm going strictly for colleges that have no D-1 invited tournament play of any kind in their history. Through the Gs, we have 7 listed, but I won't post the full list until I finish going through the NCAA tournament notes.

So I realized I was creating way too much unnecessary work for myself and just sorted by Prestige in-game, finding the perfect team to try and get to the postseason for the first time.

We'll be switching from here to a mostly narrative approach. Out of game authorial commentary will be separated.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/OMB37Lq.jpg[/img]

"Wagner began play in 1970. They have won the Northeast Conference title just once, in 1989. That year, they went 22-7 (14-2 in conference play), winning both the regular season and the tournament (66-60 over Robert Morris). The Seahawks have never qualified for a postseason tournament, neither Division I nor WNIT nor WBI. As of the end of the 2015-16 season, the Seahawks have an all-time record of 511-665." (Wikipedia)

It's 2013. And I've somehow ended up as the head coach of the Wagner women's basketball team. Dope logo. Not dope: NYC cost of living. The college is in Staten Island, which at least isn't the apartment-infested hellhole of Manhattan. I hate apartments.

But I'm living in one. $70,000 can get you a nice place in some parts of the country on a yearly salary, but the world of college sports is a precarious one for coaches, and who knows how long I'll be here.

I skim through the fact sheet left me by my predecessor:

[b]Wagner College[/b]
Prestige: 6
Conference: Northeast
Prestige Rank in Conference: 3rd to last, ahead of Bryant (1) and St. Francis (NY) [3]

[u]General Team Notes[/u]
 *Academic eligibility will be a concern - Just five players on the team are at least scholastically average (50+)
*[b]Corrine Hovis[/b] is the lone player with a demonstrable shot - she's good from 3-point range, but lousy everywhere else
 *I recruited heavily for quick (80+) point guards
*[b]McKenna Seely[/b] can play some post D, [b]Karina Leith[/b] has a bit of two-way ability. Rely on these seniors for leadership and possibly your starting frontcourt unless you want [b]Lila Reyes[/b]' solid rebounding in the lineup
*[b]Hannah Isom[/b] has the most upside on the roster. She can be a good 3 point shooter and perimeter defender

[b]Yasmin Ahmed[/b] was my first hire. Bangladeshi-American a couple years younger than me. She grew up in Salt Lake City where her father was a foreman at a plant for a company whose headquarters was in the NYC area. She'd been a scholarship player for Houston Baptist and I had a bit of fun teasing this young Muslim woman who grew up in a Mormon city and went to a Baptist college. She just smiled coolly at me and shook her head. Her poise drew people in, so she was a natural fit to be the Recruiting Coordinator. The administration was thrilled about the diversity hire and we got a lot of PR out of it. Yasmin had talent, though.

Then there was [b]Kyleigh Pirtle[/b]. Despite the modern first name, she was 59 years old, who also grew up in Wisconsin, in the town of Shell Lake and went to Tennessee-Martin. We bonded over our mutual German ancestry and love of defense, the latter of which she was actually legitimately skilled at teaching. I hoped she could help Isom grow into her potential on that side of the ball. Kyleigh certainly had success turning Shell Lake High into a defensive powerhouse at any rate after she graduated from Tennessee-Martin.

Scouting Director was the biggest headache, but I realized I had more money in the coaching budget than I thought and was able to snap up [b]Anastasia Cobb[/b]. A 47 year old black woman and Oregon native (The Dalles), she'd gone clear cross-country to attend Gardner-Webb and had a comparatively sharp eye for spotting talent. Which we frankly needed.

Our non-conference schedule had a bunch of fellow bad teams and Rutgers. It was also Ivy League-heavy.

In recruiting, since the previous coach focused so heavily on point guards, I found myself looking for SFs and bigs. We only had 2 scholarships to give out, so I wanted to focus on the players who looked most likely to epitomize the pressure defense I was looking to instill.

Our first offer went to Czech PF [b]Eliska Janousek[/b]. Couldn't shoot worth a damn, but great rebounder and defender by the stats and our subsequent scouting (for our level, anyway). Our second went to [b]Neveah Orange[/b] not only had one of the best names ever, the New Jersey PF, if our scouting was accurate, already was the best inside shooter and looked to be a solid perimeter defender who'd suit up at the 3.

Bad November news - [b]Neveah Orange[/b] had narrowed it down to Long Island and us, then blew us off for the Blackbirds. Losing her to a rival NEC team hurt. But on the bright side, Hawaii, who had been sniffing around [b]Eliska Janousek[/b], buzzed off, leaving us the sole contenders for the Czech.

Unfortunately, I'd been pouring all our recruiting money into our targets, so we were left scrambling when the Orange rejected us.

The only player I cared about in training camp was [b]Hannah Isom[/b], and I sculpted her regimen to really focus on perimeter defense and 3 point shooting. She didn't have fantastic improvement, but it was solid...

[u]Starting Lineup[/u]

[code]
 #51 PG Hannah Isom - Wagner - Freshman
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Height:       5-0
 Weight:       190
 High School:  Lindenhurst High School
 Hometown:     Lindenhurst, NY

Attributes:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Type       INS JPS FTS 3PS HND PAS ORB DRB PSD PRD STL BLK QKN STR JMP STA    
 Current:    18  40  50  39  42  30  12  13  12  41  23   4  85  37  76  50    
    2012:    18  36  46  35  42  28  12  13  12  35  21   4  83  35  75  22    
 Potential:   D   C   C   B   F   C   D   D   D   B   D   F                

Health:      Good                                           
 Scholarship: Yes
 Academics:   62[/code]

Will be called upon to be one of the leaders of the team immediately. Promising 3&D guard and the only one on this roster with legitimate potential to speak of.

[code]
#14 PG Corinne Hovis - Wagner - Freshman
 Height:       5-2
 Weight:       164
 High School:  John Bowne High School
 Hometown:     Flushing, NY

Attributes:
 Current:    14  18  30  77  41  19   4   4  24   9  13  20  80  40  53  40    
    2012:    14  18  28  73  41  19   4   4  24   9  13  20  80  38  50   2    
 Potential:   D   D   C   A   F   D   F   F   D   F   D   D                

Academics:   50[/code]

It's an all-freshman backcourt for the Seahawks and a very short one. Hovis is here strictly for her 3 point shooting wizardry and will be asked to be one of the team's leading scorers.

[code]
 #42 PF Karina Leith - Wagner - Senior
 Height:       6-3
 Weight:       218
 High School:  Niagara-Wheatfield High School
 Hometown:     Sanborn, NY

Attributes:
 Current:    32  14  27  18  35  12  23   5  39  43   5  29  28  60  47  54    
    2012:    32  14  27  18  35  12  23   5  39  42   5  28  27  58  46  48    
 Potential:   D   D   D   D   C   F   D   F   D   C   F   D                

Scholarship: No
 Academics:   3[/code]

Two-way defense is her calling card and that's what she'll be asked to provide.

[code]

#33 C Lila Reyes - Wagner - Senior
 Height:       6-2
 Weight:       216
 High School:  Henrietta High School
 Hometown:     Henrietta, NY

Attributes:
 Current:    26  16   6   0  34  21  51  49  19  21  22  21  35  75  32  72    
    2012:    26  16   6   0  34  21  51  48  19  21  22  21  33  73  31  60    
 Potential:   D   F   F   F   C   D   C   C   D   D   D   D                

Academics:   26
 [/code]

Earned a starting spot because the Seahawks' best all-around starter got academically suspended. The top rebounder should shift to a 6th woman role once that person returns.

[code]
#5 C Mckenna Seely - Wagner - Senior
 Height:       6-2
 Weight:       215
 High School:  Prestonsburg High School
 Hometown:     Prestonsburg, KY

Attributes:
 Current:    27  16  50   0  53  13  59  12  64  16  12  13  20  70  50 100    
    2012:    27  16  49   0  52  13  57  12  63  16  12  13  20  69  49 100    
 Potential:   D   D   C   F   C   F   B   F   B   F   F   F                

Scholarship: No
 Academics:   21[/code]

Absolute workhorse who can literally play all game and might. Excellent handles for a big with stellar post defense.

...The starter who got suspended?

[code]
 #31 PF Abigail Santoyo - Wagner - Junior
 Weight:       234
 High School:  Genesee Valley High School
 Hometown:     Belmont, NY

Attributes:
 Current:    39  47  46   0  27  20  46  21  24  23   8  28  50  77  46  65    
    2012:    38  46  45   0  27  20  45  21  23  23   8  27  49  76  45  56    
 Potential:   C   B   C   F   D   D   C   D   D   C   F   D                

Academics:   24[/code]

Probably projects as the PF when she returns, shifting [b]Reyes[/b] to the bench.

This team is what it is, so I don't particularly care to list the reserves. You'll get to know them eventually.

We're walking a snail's pace offense with no motion, relying on our 3 point shooting (such as it is) and a lot of double-team help defense.

[b]@ Columbia (0-0)[/b]
And so we stay in the NYC area and travel to Morningside Heights to take on the disastrous Lions. They're running a 5'7 and 5'9 forward combo, so I'm hopeful our height advantage will mean something. [b]McKenna Seely[/b] wins the opening tipoff and [b]Lila Reyes[/b] hits the ensuing jumpshot, so at least we don't trail the whole game.

[b]McKenna Seely[/b] draws a charge on the opposite end and [b]Karina Leith[/b] dishes out to [b]Corrine Hovis[/b], who nails the 3-pointer and I'm starting to get a wee bit excited.

Naturally [b]Karina Leith[/b] picks up two quick fouls, [b]Hannah Isom[/b] misses two free throws, and we fall behind until [b]Lila Reyes[/b] converts an and-1 to put us back up.

And then the pendulum swings back the other way - including [b]McKenna Seely[/b] getting T-ed up in addition to a foul.

If [b]Hannah Isom[/b] and [b]Breanna Jacques[/b] weren't a combined [b]3 of 10 from the charity stripe[/b], we'd be leading at the half instead of down 30-32. Columbia is shooting a ridiculous 64.7% at the break, but they've also racked up 15 team fouls to keep us in it. Redshirt freshman [b]Layla Landers[/b] is getting a run at PG because Isom is annoying me. The definite hero at the half for us has been [b]Lila Reyes[/b] with 7 points, 4 rebounds, and an assist. [b]Corrine Hovis[/b] has 9 with 1 steal, 1 turnover.

From there, our shooting completely tanks, the Lions continue not to miss, and they totally crush us.

[code]
Columbia 69, Wagner 43

Wagner  (0-1, 0-0):
Player            Pos Min Fgm-a Ftm-a Off Reb Ast PF Pts
Mckenna Seely     C    17   0-0   1-2   0   0   0  4   1
Lila Reyes        PF   38   2-5   3-3   3   8   1  4   7
Karina Leith      SF   18   1-5   0-0   0   1   3  2   2
Corinne Hovis     SG   31  4-10   2-2   0   2   1  1  12
Hannah Isom       PG   31   2-7   1-5   0   3   1  1   6
Maria Ley         PF    8   0-0   2-2   0   0   0  0   2
Breanna Jaques    SF   24   1-4   2-5   2   2   0  3   5
Layla Landers     PG   17   1-1   1-2   0   1   0  0   3
Kelly Bostic      C    17   2-2   1-2   1   2   0  1   5

Turnovers: 15 (M.Seely 1, L.Reyes 3, K.Leith 3, C.Hovis 
 1, H.Isom 3, B.Jaques 3, L.Landers 1)
Blocked Shots: 4 (M.Seely 1, K.Leith 1, M.Ley 1, 
 K.Bostic 1)
Steals: 3 (C.Hovis 2, B.Jaques 1)
3P FGs: 4-10 (C.Hovis 2-7, H.Isom 1-2, B.Jaques 1-1)

Columbia  (1-0, 0-0):
Sarah Atchison    C    25   4-5   1-2   2   3   0  4   9
Jessica Phillips  PF   24   4-5   2-2   3   3   2  2  11
Dakota Congdon    SF   25   3-7   0-0   0   3   2  4   8
Addison Noles     SG   27  7-10   4-5   0   4   1  2  18
Julianna Clemmons PG   25   2-4   0-0   0   2   1  3   5
Annabelle Jack    SF   16   2-4   2-3   0   4   0  2   6
Kailey Lloyd      PG   15   0-2   2-2   1   4   2  2   2
Addison Delk      C    19   0-3   0-0   2   4   4  2   0
Abigail Arellano  SG    4   0-0   2-2   0   0   0  0   2
Brittany Ruch     SG   11   3-5   0-0   0   1   2  1   6
Jaidyn Beals      PF    6   0-0   0-0   1   1   0  1   0
Macy Rathbun      SF    3   1-1   0-0   0   0   0  0   2

Turnovers: 10 (S.Atchison 2, J.Phillips 1, D.Congdon 1, 
 J.Clemmons 3, A.Jack 1, A.Delk 1, B.Ruch 1)
Blocked Shots: 1 (S.Atchison 1)
Steals: 2 (A.Jack 1, A.Delk 1)
3P FGs: 4-8 (J.Phillips 1-1, D.Congdon 2-3, J.Clemmons 
 1-1, A.Jack 0-2, B.Ruch 0-1)

Player of Game: SF Addison Noles (COLUM)
[/code]

[b]@ Rider (1-0)[/b]
We go up by 5, then get blown out the rest of the way. I'm still trying to figure out the best lineup, it seems.

[code]
Rider 68, Wagner 34

Wagner  (0-2, 0-0):
Mckenna Seely     C    35   1-2   0-0   1   2   0  2   2
Lila Reyes        PF   36   1-5   1-2   2   9   1  2   3
Karina Leith      SF   17   1-6   1-2   0   1   1  4   3
Corinne Hovis     SG   34   1-5   0-1   0   0   1  1   3
Hannah Isom       PG   31  6-12   0-1   1   2   0  2  13
Maria Ley         PF    2   1-1   0-0   1   1   0  0   2
Jade Sand         SF    2   0-0   0-0   0   1   0  0   0
Breanna Jaques    SF   17   1-2   1-2   0   1   1  2   3
Layla Landers     PG   19   1-4   2-2   0   2   0  3   5
Lexi Boggess      PF    2   0-0   0-0   0   0   0  0   0
Kelly Bostic      PF    4   0-0   0-0   1   1   0  0   0

Turnovers: 14 (M.Seely 1, L.Reyes 2, K.Leith 3, C.Hovis 
 2, H.Isom 2, M.Ley 1, B.Jaques 2, L.Landers 1)
Blocked Shots: 1 (L.Reyes 1)
Steals: 4 (L.Reyes 2, B.Jaques 1, L.Landers 1)
3P FGs: 3-9 (C.Hovis 1-2, H.Isom 1-4, L.Landers 1-3)

Rider  (2-0, 0-0):
Emily Watts       C    27   4-8   3-3   2   4   0  3  11
Mae Parsons       PF   27   3-4   0-1   0   5   2  1   6
Tiffany Otten     SF   33   4-8   3-6   3   5   4  0  13
Olivia Godbey     PG   32  7-10   8-8   0   2   4  1  23
Brianna Burd      PG   16   2-4   0-1   4   6   2  5   4
Cali Free         SG   27   2-6   0-0   0   4   3  4   5
Emily Lucas       C    19   2-3   0-1   1   4   0  2   4
Alyssa Fulcher    SF    9   0-1   2-2   0   0   0  0   2
Joyce Crowder     PF    9   0-0   0-0   0   2   1  0   0

Turnovers: 10 (E.Watts 1, T.Otten 2, O.Godbey 2, C.Free 
 1, A.Fulcher 3, J.Crowder 1)
Blocked Shots: 1 (E.Watts 1)
Steals: 4 (T.Otten 1, O.Godbey 2, A.Fulcher 1)
3P FGs: 4-9 (T.Otten 2-4, O.Godbey 1-2, B.Burd 0-1, 
 C.Free 1-2)

Player of Game: SG Olivia Godbey (RIDER)
[/code]

[b]vs #9 Rutgers (3-0)[/b]
I turn this one over to [b]Kyleigh Pirtle[/b] because I don't want to see the 50 point bloodbath that follows. No stats here - it's too ugly.

Eliska Janousek continues to toy with us, but I find [b]Hope Bennett[/b], a 5'11 SF from way out in California, who looks perfect for the system I want to run. She has an offer from Seattle but I'll try to snipe her anyway.

[b]vs Bucknell (0-3)[/b]
If we can't even manage this one, we might well go winless the entire season. [b]Layla Landers[/b] gets the nod at PG, as [b]Hannah Isom[/b] has been a disappointment so far.

The good news: we found a fellow team that can't shoot 40%. The bad news: We've given up 10 turnovers by the half and are down by double-digits yet again. We're also shooting 30% from the charity stripe. And [b]Layla Landers got injured[/b].

We never get any closer than 8

[code]
Bucknell 49, Wagner 31

Bucknell  (1-5, 0-0):
Erin McCarron     C    30  2-11   6-8   7  15   2  2  10
Abigail Casarez   PF   25   1-5   0-2   1   2   0  5   2
Janiah Dawson     SF   29   6-9   3-3   0   5   1  2  15
Aniyah Newport    SG   26   0-3   2-2   2   5   2  4   2
Amelia Davis      PG   33   1-5   4-6   1   4   2  2   6
Sofia McWhorter   SG   22   2-4   4-4   0   1   1  1   8
Amelia Johnson    C    17   2-3   0-1   0   0   0  1   4
Chloe Austin      SF   12   0-1   0-4   2   3   1  0   0
Ashlyn Wood       C     4   0-1   0-0   0   2   0  1   0
Evelyn Calhoun    SF    1   1-1   0-0   0   0   0  0   2

Turnovers: 9 (E.McCarron 2, A.Casarez 1, J.Dawson 2, 
 A.Davis 2, S.McWhorter 1, A.Johnson 1)
Blocked Shots: 0 
Steals: 6 (E.McCarron 1, J.Dawson 2, A.Newport 1, 
 C.Austin 1, E.Calhoun 1)
3P FGs: 0-5 (J.Dawson 0-1, A.Newport 0-2, A.Davis 0-2)

Wagner  (0-4, 0-0):
Mckenna Seely     C    16   0-2   2-2   0   1   0  5   2
Lila Reyes        PF   35   1-5   2-6   4  11   1  4   4
Layla Landers     PG    7   0-1   0-0   0   1   0  0   0
Corinne Hovis     SG   30   3-4   1-4   0   2   0  0   8
Hannah Isom       PG   31   0-3   1-2   0   3   2  1   1
Karina Leith      SF   28   2-8   0-2   0   0   0  4   4
Maria Ley         PF   19   3-5   2-2   1   5   0  4   8
Jade Sand         SF    5   0-2   0-0   1   2   0  1   0
Breanna Jaques    SG   12   1-2   0-2   0   0   0  1   2
Kelly Bostic      C    10   1-2   0-0   0   1   0  2   2
Rose McCarthy     SF    6   0-0   0-0   0   1   1  1   0

Turnovers: 15 (L.Reyes 4, C.Hovis 4, H.Isom 1, K.Leith 
 2, J.Sand 1, B.Jaques 2, K.Bostic 1)
Blocked Shots: 1 (M.Ley 1)
Steals: 2 (L.Landers 1, B.Jaques 1)
3P FGs: 1-5 (C.Hovis 1-1, H.Isom 0-3, K.Leith 0-1)

Player of Game: SF Janiah Dawson (BKNL)[/code]

[b]Layla Landers is out 279 days so she's gone for the entire year[/b]. As if this season couldn't get any worse. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: 

[b]vs Army (1-4)[/b]
Miracle of miracles, we actually hold a 23-22 halftime lead as [b]Hannah Isom[/b] has gone off for 8 points. Of course we allowed a shot at the buzzer to cut our lead to 1. Of course.

[code]
Wagner 56, Army 50

Army  (1-5, 0-0):
Mia Drees         C    32   2-6   1-1   2   7   4  2   5
Addison Adkins    PF   29   0-3   1-2   1   2   0  2   1
Ava Jameson       SF   30  4-10   0-0   1   4   0  3   8
Chelsea Cox       SG   19   0-3   2-2   1   4   0  4   2
Hannah Ward       PG   25   1-5   0-0   1   4   3  4   2
Lyric Hunter      SG   23   4-5   1-1   0   0   0  4  11
Evelin Ellingson  SG   14   3-3   0-0   0   4   1  3   8
Hailee Howe       C     7   3-4   1-2   0   1   1  0   7
Reese Gerard      PF   14   2-3   0-0   1   1   0  5   4
Ava Derry         PG    4   0-1   2-2   0   0   1  0   2
Alisa Myer        PF    1   0-0   0-0   0   0   0  0   0

Turnovers: 17 (M.Drees 4, A.Adkins 1, A.Jameson 8, 
 E.Ellingson 3, R.Gerard 1)
Blocked Shots: 1 (A.Adkins 1)
Steals: 4 (A.Jameson 1, H.Ward 1, E.Ellingson 1, H.Howe 
 1)
3P FGs: 4-9 (A.Jameson 0-2, H.Ward 0-1, L.Hunter 2-2, 
 E.Ellingson 2-2, R.Gerard 0-1, A.Derry 0-1)

Wagner  (1-4, 0-0):
Mckenna Seely     C    40   5-7   0-0   1   7   1  3  10
Lila Reyes        PF   31   3-4   5-6   2   6   2  2  11
Karina Leith      SF   27   1-3   3-6   0   1   2  0   5
Corinne Hovis     SG   27   2-5   1-5   0   1   0  0   6
Hannah Isom       PG   33   3-5  9-10   0   1   0  3  16
Maria Ley         SF   15   0-2   4-4   1   2   2  1   4
Breanna Jaques    SG   15   2-4   0-2   0   1   0  1   4
Kelly Bostic      PF    3   0-0   0-0   0   0   0  0   0
Rose McCarthy     SF    7   0-2   0-0   0   1   1  0   0

Turnovers: 11 (M.Seely 3, L.Reyes 1, C.Hovis 2, H.Isom 
 3, M.Ley 1, B.Jaques 1)
Blocked Shots: 1 (M.Ley 1)
Steals: 5 (L.Reyes 1, H.Isom 2, B.Jaques 2)
3P FGs: 2-4 (C.Hovis 1-1, H.Isom 1-2, B.Jaques 0-1)

Player of Game: PF Lila Reyes (WGNR)
[/code]

Miracle of miracles, a Seahawks win! We gutted out this victory on a 33-10 FTA. That's the story right there, pure and simple getting to the line. [b]Lila Reyes[/b] honestly deserves PotG despite [b]Hannah Isom[/b] and [b]McKenna Seely[/b]'s better raw stats - Reyes didn't turn the ball over 3 times.

So I'm talking to [b]Kyleigh Pirtle[/b] in my office, and we're looking at the data and our notes on the girls.

"I think [b]Karina Leith[/b] needs to go out of the lineup," she says. "Her shooting has been terrible, her PPS is easily the worst of the starters, and I've noticed her lack of quickness is getting her killed on defense."

"So who do you suggest? [b]Rose McCarthy[/b] and [b]Jade Sand[/b] haven't looked any better in the minutes we've given them."

"[b]Sarah Bell[/b]? She's the only who hasn't see any court time at all, and she's one of our scholarship seniors."

"Might as well try it."

[b]@ Colorado State (3-2)[/b]
This went about how you might expect, though we set a new low by shooting under 30% from the floor. On top it, [b]Lila Reyes[/b] pulls a groin muscle and is Day-to-Day.

[code]
Colorado State 46, Wagner 29

Wagner  (1-5, 0-0):
Mckenna Seely     C     9   1-2   0-0   0   0   0  5   2
Lila Reyes        PF   14   0-1   0-0   0   0   0  2   0
Sarah Bell        SF   31   3-6   3-4   1   4   1  2   9
Corinne Hovis     SG   31   0-5   0-1   0   2   2  1   0
Hannah Isom       PG   33  4-11   2-2   0   1   2  1  11
Karina Leith      SF   10   0-1   0-0   1   1   0  1   0
Maria Ley         PF   31   0-1   2-2   0   4   0  1   2
Breanna Jaques    SG   16   1-5   0-0   0   1   0  1   2
Kelly Bostic      C    25   1-2   1-2   1   8   1  2   3

Turnovers: 15 (S.Bell 3, C.Hovis 3, H.Isom 4, M.Ley 3, 
 B.Jaques 1, K.Bostic 1)
Blocked Shots: 3 (L.Reyes 2, S.Bell 1)
Steals: 6 (S.Bell 2, H.Isom 1, K.Bostic 3)
3P FGs: 1-13 (S.Bell 0-1, C.Hovis 0-3, H.Isom 1-8, 
 B.Jaques 0-1)

Colorado State  (4-2, 0-0):
Brooklynn Holt    C    29   1-2   0-2   4   7   0  1   2
Abigail Reed      PF   31   3-7   0-0   4   9   2  3   6
Jaylee Noah       SF   30   2-6   2-4   2   6   1  3   6
Aaliyah Towle     SG   30   4-8   2-2   0   2   2  3  12
Carissa Barboza   PG   36   3-9   0-0   1   2   1  2   7
Bristol Griffin   SG   19   3-8   1-2   0   3   2  1   7
Carolyn Sale      SF    9   2-5   2-2   0   2   0  0   6
Sophia Harold     SG    4   0-0   0-0   0   0   1  0   0
Madeline Freeman  PF    7   0-0   0-0   1   4   0  0   0
Audrey Parkinson  C     5   0-0   0-0   0   0   0  0   0

Turnovers: 12 (B.Holt 1, A.Reed 2, J.Noah 3, A.Towle 1, 
 B.Griffin 3, S.Harold 1, A.Parkinson 1)
Blocked Shots: 1 (B.Holt 1)
Steals: 7 (A.Reed 1, A.Towle 1, C.Barboza 2, B.Griffin 
 2, S.Harold 1)
3P FGs: 3-13 (A.Towle 2-6, C.Barboza 1-4, B.Griffin 
 0-2, C.Sale 0-1)

Player of Game: SG Aaliyah Towle (COST)[/code]

[b]@ Niagara (2-5)[/b]
You know what's embarrassing? When you get blown off the court by a team playing a 5'5 PG at CE because of injuries.

[code]
Niagara 45, Wagner 20

Wagner  (1-6, 0-0):
Mckenna Seely     C    37   0-4   0-0   6  10   1  1   0
Karina Leith      PF   25   1-3   0-0   2   2   1  2   2
Sarah Bell        SF   29   1-9   0-1   3   6   0  1   2
Corinne Hovis     SG   29   2-7   2-4   1   1   1  2   7
Hannah Isom       PG   31   4-9   0-0   1   2   1  1   9
Maria Ley         PF   16   0-1   0-0   1   1   0  1   0
Jade Sand         SF    1   0-0   0-0   0   0   0  0   0
Breanna Jaques    SG   18   0-3   0-0   0   1   2  0   0
Olivia Allen      SG    1   0-0   0-0   0   0   0  0   0
Kelly Bostic      C     1   0-0   0-0   0   0   0  0   0
Rose McCarthy     SF   10   0-1   0-0   0   0   0  0   0

Turnovers: 14 (M.Seely 1, K.Leith 1, S.Bell 4, C.Hovis 
 1, H.Isom 2, M.Ley 2, J.Sand 1, B.Jaques 2)
Blocked Shots: 2 (K.Leith 1, S.Bell 1)
Steals: 1 (R.McCarthy 1)
3P FGs: 2-15 (S.Bell 0-4, C.Hovis 1-6, H.Isom 1-4, 
 B.Jaques 0-1)

Niagara  (3-5, 0-0):
Nathaly Pino      PG   28   0-2   2-2   0   3   1  2   2
Addison Vigil     C    27   2-3   0-0   2   7   1  0   4
Shyanne Reel      PF   27  7-12   0-0   2   6   0  1  15
Paisley Wozniak   SG   30   3-3   0-0   1   3   3  4   6
Charlotte Belk    PG   33   3-7   0-0   0   0   2  2   7
Ashley Livengood  SF   25   2-6   0-0   1   1   0  3   5
Karina Miller     PF   14   3-4   0-0   1   2   1  0   6
Kaitlin Vigil     C     9   0-0   0-0   1   2   0  0   0
Rebecca Stites    PF    1   0-1   0-0   1   1   0  0   0
Kenzie Poulson    SF    4   0-0   0-0   0   1   1  0   0

Turnovers: 10 (N.Pino 1, A.Vigil 1, S.Reel 2, C.Belk 3, 
 A.Livengood 1, K.Miller 1, K.Poulson 1)
Blocked Shots: 1 (K.Vigil 1)
Steals: 6 (S.Reel 1, P.Wozniak 1, C.Belk 2, A.Livengood 
 1, K.Poulson 1)
3P FGs: 3-7 (S.Reel 1-3, C.Belk 1-2, A.Livengood 1-2)

Player of Game: SF Shyanne Reel (NIAGA)
[/code]

[b]@ Brown (4-2)[/b]
The Bears are off to a surprisingly good start, all things considered. [b]Lila Reyes[/b] is back in the lineup because 98% of Reyes is better than whatever else we have available. 8-0 run for us to start the game, but we blow that. Tie it up on our last possession at the half and again allow a buzzer-beater score to be down 25-27 going into the locker room.

We never get the lead back as the second half is all Brown, and it's only matter of if we lose by single digits or double. It turns out single, much like me.

[code]
Brown 53, Wagner 44

Wagner  (1-7, 0-0):
Mckenna Seely     C    25   1-1   0-0   1   3   0  4   2
Lila Reyes        PF   30   1-2   0-0   0   4   0  1   2
Sarah Bell        SF   29   2-3   4-4   1   3   0  2   8
Corinne Hovis     SG   26   2-5   3-5   0   0   2  2   9
Hannah Isom       PG   32   2-6   1-1   0   2   1  3   6
Maria Ley         PF   10   1-2   0-0   1   3   0  0   2
Breanna Jaques    SG   22   3-7   3-7   0   1   0  0   9
Kelly Bostic      C    15   1-1   0-0   0   0   0  1   2
Rose McCarthy     SF   11   2-3   0-0   0   1   1  3   4

Turnovers: 17 (M.Seely 3, L.Reyes 1, S.Bell 2, C.Hovis 
 4, H.Isom 6, B.Jaques 1)
Blocked Shots: 1 (C.Hovis 1)
Steals: 4 (M.Ley 2, B.Jaques 1, K.Bostic 1)
3P FGs: 3-8 (S.Bell 0-1, C.Hovis 2-4, H.Isom 1-3)

Brown  (5-2, 0-0):
Evelyn Swindle    C    28   4-5   2-2   1   3   0  0  10
Natalie Grimes    PF   30   0-3   1-2   0   0   2  3   1
Charli Rogers     SF   36   6-9   0-0   0   1   3  4  12
Alaysia Addington SG    9   0-4   0-0   1   3   0  5   0
Jaylen Nelson     PG   37   3-8   4-4   1   5   3  0  10
Addison Young     SG   20   3-5   2-2   1   4   0  4   9
Chloe Reynolds    C    12   2-4   1-2   1   2   1  0   5
Jordyn Hamby      PF   19   1-1   4-4   0   3   1  2   6
Charlie Jones     PF    1   0-0   0-0   1   1   1  0   0
Malia Kemper      SF    7   0-0   0-0   0   0   0  1   0

Turnovers: 10 (E.Swindle 1, N.Grimes 1, C.Rogers 1, 
 A.Addington 2, J.Nelson 3, A.Young 1, C.Jones 1)
Steals: 5 (N.Grimes 1, C.Rogers 2, J.Nelson 1, A.Young 
 1)
3P FGs: 1-4 (C.Rogers 0-1, A.Addington 0-2, A.Young 1-1)

Player of Game: SF Charli Rogers (BROWN)
[/code]

[b]@ Yale (3-4)[/b]
We're down by 9 at the half and that's frankly better than we started out. Turnovers and inability to make free throws are absolutely killing us, even though we're actually shooting decently for once. Second half is pure blowout. I frigging hate the Bulldogs

[code]
Yale 70, Wagner 49

Wagner  (1-8, 0-0):
Mckenna Seely     C    25   3-4   0-0   2   2   1  3   6
Lila Reyes        PF   29   5-8   0-2   2   6   3  3  10
Sarah Bell        SF   30   2-6   0-0   0   5   1  3   4
Corinne Hovis     SG   23   1-3   4-5   2   3   1  5   6
Hannah Isom       PG   32   3-9   3-5   1   3   5  3  11
Karina Leith      PF    3   0-0   0-0   0   1   0  0   0
Maria Ley         PF   13   1-1   0-0   0   1   0  0   2
Breanna Jaques    SG   17   1-2   0-2   0   0   0  1   2
Olivia Allen      SG    7   1-1   0-0   0   1   0  0   2
Lexi Boggess      C     2   1-1   0-0   0   0   0  0   2
Kelly Bostic      C     6   1-1   0-0   0   0   0  1   2
Rose McCarthy     SF   10   1-4   0-0   1   1   0  1   2

Turnovers: 20 (M.Seely 2, L.Reyes 6, S.Bell 3, C.Hovis 
 1, H.Isom 3, K.Leith 2, B.Jaques 2, R.McCarthy 1)
Blocked Shots: 1 (S.Bell 1)
Steals: 1 (R.McCarthy 1)
3P FGs: 2-12 (S.Bell 0-1, C.Hovis 0-2, H.Isom 2-8, 
 B.Jaques 0-1)

Yale  (4-4, 0-0):
Zoe Torres        C    25   4-7   0-0   5   7   1  4   8
Madalyn McDowell  PF   27   3-9   2-3   1   3   1  1   8
Madison Truelove  SF   30  4-11   0-2   2   5   1  2   9
Adelaide Ludwick  SG   21   1-5   2-5   0   2   4  4   4
Elin Mora         PG   21   3-5   2-2   0   1   3  4   8
Sydney Heredia    PG   24   3-5   0-0   3   3   3  3   7
Ashlyn Studer     SF   10   1-2   2-2   0   1   2  0   4
Aubrey Aranda     C    20   5-6   2-2   1   5   0  2  12
Kinley Bomar      SG   11   1-3   0-1   2   3   0  1   2
Camille Hope      SF    1   0-0   0-0   0   0   0  0   0
Penelope Fletcher C     2   1-1   1-1   1   1   0  0   3
Aliyah Williamson SG    6   2-2   0-0   1   1   1  0   5
Nina Finley       PF    2   0-1   0-0   0   0   0  0   0

Turnovers: 11 (Z.Torres 3, M.McDowell 1, M.Truelove 1, 
 A.Ludwick 1, E.Mora 2, S.Heredia 1, A.Aranda 1, 
 K.Bomar 1)
Steals: 3 (M.Truelove 1, S.Heredia 1, K.Bomar 1)
3P FGs: 3-13 (M.McDowell 0-1, M.Truelove 1-5, A.Ludwick 
 0-3, S.Heredia 1-2, K.Bomar 0-1, A.Williamson 1-1)

Player of Game: C Aubrey Aranda (YALE)
[/code]

[b]vs Coppin State (0-9)[/b]
One of the few teams in the country who might actually be worse than we are. Of course then we give up 11 turnovers in the first half and are down by double-digits. Fucking embarrassing. I don't even know what to do, as it only gets worse from there.

[code]
Coppin State 60, Wagner 37

Coppin State  (1-9, 0-0):
Andrea Lee        C    28   3-5   6-6   7  11   1  3  12
E. Markowitz      PF   30   2-7   3-4   3   7   1  1   7
Khloe Ohare       SF   30   1-7   4-4   1   1   3  2   6
Lorelai Crumb     SG   21   4-4   0-0   1   2   0  4   9
Alexus Light      PG   25   4-8   0-0   1   2   0  4  11
Tiana Ecker       PG   26   3-7   0-1   0   3   1  0   7
Samantha White    PF   15   2-5   1-3   1   2   1  2   6
Lainey Williams   C     8   0-0   0-0   1   3   2  0   0
Chloe Munger      PF    4   0-0   0-0   0   0   0  1   0
Addison Grammer   SG   10   1-6   0-0   0   0   1  0   2

Turnovers: 8 (K.Ohare 3, A.Light 3, T.Ecker 1, S.White 
 1)
Blocked Shots: 3 (A.Lee 2, K.Ohare 1)
Steals: 6 (A.Lee 1, K.Ohare 2, L.Crumb 1, A.Light 2)
3P FGs: 6-19 (E.Markowitz 0-1, K.Ohare 0-2, L.Crumb 
 1-1, A.Light 3-6, T.Ecker 1-3, S.White 1-3, A.Grammer 
 0-3)

Wagner  (1-9, 0-0):
Mckenna Seely     C    36   2-6   1-2   4   8   1  5   5
Lila Reyes        PF   21   0-2   0-0   0   4   0  5   0
Sarah Bell        SF   30   6-8   3-5   2   6   1  2  15
Corinne Hovis     SG   29   2-8   0-0   0   1   0  0   6
Hannah Isom       PG   33   3-7   2-4   1   3   3  1   9
Karina Leith      PF   11   0-1   0-0   0   0   0  0   0
Maria Ley         PF    8   0-1   0-0   0   1   1  0   0
Breanna Jaques    SG   17   1-1   0-0   1   1   2  3   2
Kelly Bostic      C     4   0-1   0-0   0   1   0  1   0
Rose McCarthy     SF    9   0-0   0-0   0   0   0  1   0

Turnovers: 19 (M.Seely 2, S.Bell 1, C.Hovis 5, H.Isom 
 5, K.Leith 1, B.Jaques 4, K.Bostic 1)
Blocked Shots: 1 (K.Leith 1)
Steals: 3 (S.Bell 1, B.Jaques 2)
3P FGs: 3-6 (C.Hovis 2-4, H.Isom 1-1, K.Bostic 0-1)

Player of Game: C Andrea Lee (CPST)[/code]

[b]Hope Bennett[/b] signs with Seattle. We were too late getting into that game. On the bright side, [b]Eliska Janousek[/b] finally emails in her LOI, just when teams like Xavier, Duke, West Virginia, and Maryland were starting to sniff around.

[code]
 RECRUIT DETAILS

#53 PF Eliška Janousek
 Weight:       222
 High School:  
 Hometown:     Cheb, Czech Republic
 GPA:          2.62
 Test Score:   1140
 Rating:       ***

Attributes:
 Current:     9  18  42  35  42  15  48  49  38  22  41  22  42  65  34  38
 Potential:   C   F   C   C   C   F   B   A   C   B   C   A                

Season Stats:
  PTS OREB  REB  AST  TOS   A/T  STL  BLK  PFS
  6.0  2.8 12.1  1.0  2.3  0.41  1.5  1.5  1.9

Shooting Averages:
  FGM  FGA   FG%  FTM  FTA   FT%  3PM  3PA   3P%
  2.6  6.3  .413  0.4  0.8  .500  0.4  2.2  .163

Recruiting Notes:
 Qualified: Yes
 Committed to Wagner                                                            
 Rankings: Foreign #322 Overall, #52 PF, #17 Foreign Overall, Foreign #2 PF
 High School Awards: None
 Top 5 Schools: *Wagner, Xavier, Duke, West Virginia, Maryland[/code]

Raw but oh so promising player. Of course, not that our 6 rated, 10th in the NEC facilities will help her develop anywhere close to her potentials. But if this is accurate, she steps on the court as a slightly worse rebounder than [b]Lila Reyes[/b] but far better post defense than Day 1, and the best stealer on the team by a wide margin. Not enough to start instituting my planned pressure defense, of course, but still an improvement.

[b]Abigail Santoyo[/b] is back off academic suspension and immediately whining about playing time. There's no question that she'll start - it's just a matter of where. Ultimately I decide to slot her in at PF. We also tick up the Pace and slightly drop our 3 point shooting, making Abigail and [b]Corrine Hovis[/b] the keys to our offense.

[code]
2013 Northeast Conference Standings

TEAM                                     CW  CL   Pct  W  L   Pct  RPI  Prestige
 Sacred Heart Pioneers                     0   0  .000  9  2  .818  194        45
 St. Francis-PA Red Flash                  0   0  .000  7  3  .700  274        24
 Long Island Blackbirds                    0   0  .000  5  7  .417  133        32
 Quinnipiac Bobcats                        0   0  .000  5  6  .455  138        29
 Fairleigh Dickinson Knights               0   0  .000  5  6  .455  255        15
 Robert Morris Colonials                   0   0  .000  4  7  .364   44        42
 St. Francis-NY Terriers                   0   0  .000  4  6  .400  136         3
 Mount St. Mary's Mountaineers             0   0  .000  4  6  .400  175        11
 Central Connecticut State Blue Devils     0   0  .000  4  6  .400  266        20
 Bryant Bulldogs                           0   0  .000  3  8  .273   45         1
 Monmouth Hawks                            0   0  .000  2  9  .182  340        36
 Wagner Seahawks                           0   0  .000  1  9  .100  343         6
[/code]

We want to avoid last place in the conference so the AD doesn't start thinking  he made a mistake in hiring me. Looks like our best shot to do that might be finishing ahead of Monmouth and prove that Seahawks are better than plain old vanilla Hawks.