BBCF Install, license and gameplay support FAQ (Come here first for questions/issues)

First, always make sure you run the install and the game in "admin mode" to ensure you have the proper privileges.

Second, when running the install, try to close down as many programs as you can. Things like IE, firefox or Office can tie up fonts/DLLs that are in use - which can impact the install.

Finally, make sure after running the install or any of the above updates that you reboot before playing. A lot of times updates for pre-loaded controls/DLLs will not complete until you reboot as they may be in use.

Here are some specific solutions for certain issues/errors:

1. Your install freezes during the install and you need to cancel.

Solution: Some people have issues with the fonts installing and this causes the install to freeze. The fix involves downloading this zip and moving the fonts into your "fonts" folder in windows (which installs them):

BBCFFonts.zip

2. I need to deactivate my license OR I have forgotten / lost my license code OR I need to recover some information about my license..

Solution: If you visit THIS PAGE you will find a support form that allows you to manually activate, deactivate, recover or gain information about your license.

In the unlikely event that you need further assistance, please contact Scott Vibert (scott@greydogsoftware.com) directly for help.

3. If you have font/button/viewing issues within the game

Solution: Make sure your DPI in windows is set to 96 and your font size is normal. You can do this by right-clicking your desktop, selecting properties and clicking the "Appearance" tab. The font size there should be "Normal". Next, click the "Settings" tab and choose "Advanced". The DPI option should be "96".

4. Error 3343 “Unrecognized Database Format

Solution: Uninstall the game and download the latest full install version from the site. Right-click the EXE and select "run in administrator mode". Once that is done, start a new league from scratch, run a few weeks and then save and quit. Reload that save and run a few more weeks. If you don't have any issues then you should be all set. This error is a result of not initially running the install in admin mode, not running the game in admin mode, using a bad mod or not having the proper database DLLs installed.

If none of the above resolved your issue, please create a post in this forum with the specifics on the issue you are having.