Have you been in hiding? (obviously not because I have seen you round here posting) When the WWE first announced that ECW was coming back as a 3rd brand they decided it would replace either OVW or Velocity. A few days after they announced that ECW was coming back they officially announced that it would be Velcoity getting the axe because they can't run 3 shows on the same night or something.

[QUOTE=david2006efc]When the WWE first announced that ECW was coming back as a 3rd brand they decided [b]it would replace either OVW[/b] or Velocity.[/QUOTE] A slight correction, that was never an option for them; even if they wanted to replace OVW with ECW (which they didn't), they don't own it. Theoretically, they could have severed ties with OVW in favour of running ECW, but that would be such an obviously horrible business move that it was never even considered. Where did you get that from? The rest is true, though. With Smackdown and ECW being taped on the same night, they're doing a 3+ hour taping every Tuesday - plus dark matches and general downtime - which is more than enough to burn out the crowd by the end. Keeping Velocity would be overkill. According to the WON, there were a lot of people trying to talk Vince out of doing it that way, but he was dead-set against adding a third day of taping due to expenses, so this was the system that was decided upon. In my opinion, it's a damned shame too, because Velocity was so much fun to watch.

[QUOTE=Almaida]A slight correction, that was never an option for them; even if they wanted to replace OVW with ECW (which they didn't), they don't own it. Theoretically, they could have severed ties with OVW in favour of running ECW, but that would be such an obviously horrible business move that it was never even considered. Where did you get that from? QUOTE] Gerweck.net or Wrestling-Edge.com. They are the main 2 news sites i use. I am also in the process of checking PowerSlam magazine because i'm sure I also read it in there but not to sure.

[QUOTE=david2006efc][QUOTE=Almaida]A slight correction, that was never an option for them; even if they wanted to replace OVW with ECW (which they didn't), they don't own it. Theoretically, they could have severed ties with OVW in favour of running ECW, but that would be such an obviously horrible business move that it was never even considered. Where did you get that from? QUOTE] Gerweck.net or Wrestling-Edge.com. They are the main 2 news sites i use. I am also in the process of checking PowerSlam magazine because i'm sure I also read it in there but not to sure.[/QUOTE] I like powerwrestling.com

Ah, I see. I don't really trust any sources outside of Dave Meltzer's Wrestling Observer, but that's just me. Either way, that's false information, but in the grand scheme of things it really isn't important. The important thing is that Velocity is dead. And that sucks.

Well sure, if they added another taping day, then I don't see why they wouldn't start doing Velocity again. Thing is, though, that's a [i]gigantic[/i] if, especially now with Vince starting to sour on the whole ECW thing. Come to think of it, I'd say there's a better chance of Vince flat-out pulling the plug on ECW than adding another day of taping. And I really can't see them moving Smackdown's taping day at any point, since that would screw up the entire touring schedule (as it is, Wednesday and Thursday are company-wide off-days).

Maybe it's just me, or maybe I'm just pointing out the obvious, but wasn't it a mistake to tape ECW at Smackdown arenas in the first place??!?! I mean, how can you [Vince] expect a cult phenomenon like ECW to be successful right off the bat with a mainstream audience (most of which I'm assuming aren't at all familiar with ECW rather than what they've heard or seen on WWE TV in the past -- i.e. the dreaded Invasion angle)? Bottom line, Vince is a moron surrounded by gutless yes-men who don't have the manhood to tell the man he's a moron! But, I'm sure that's nothing you guys didn't already know! Just felt the need to say it anyways...

Not a moron, just not interested in reviving ECW as it was in 1999. He's a fairly sharp businessman, knows he can make money off ECW in the short term, and hopes to parlay that into a long term profit. However; If ECW had been over enough to produce a profit on a consistent basis, then it would never have folded in the first place, therefore; ECW, six years on, needs assistance from WWE, hence Big Show/Kurt Angle involvement, no separate tapings (Any idea what it costs to produce a taping? Six figures, every time, for a show like Raw or Smackdown). ECW as we knew it is dead. The name may attract some interest, but it needs to evolve beyond its origins to have a chance of a long-term resurrection. Or, to put it another way, The Eagles can run sell out tours every year, but you'd get sick of Hotel California if it was the only song they ever played.

[QUOTE=James Casey]Not a moron, just not interested in reviving ECW as it was in 1999. He's a fairly sharp businessman, knows he can make money off ECW in the short term, and hopes to parlay that into a long term profit. However; If ECW had been over enough to produce a profit on a consistent basis, then it would never have folded in the first place, therefore; ECW, six years on, needs assistance from WWE, hence Big Show/Kurt Angle involvement, no separate tapings (Any idea what it costs to produce a taping? Six figures, every time, for a show like Raw or Smackdown). ECW as we knew it is dead. The name may attract some interest, but it needs to evolve beyond its origins to have a chance of a long-term resurrection. Or, to put it another way, The Eagles can run sell out tours every year, but you'd get sick of Hotel California if it was the only song they ever played.[/QUOTE] ECW didn't die because it wasn't making money. Far from it. ECW WAS making money. Problem was, Heyman was spending it faster than it was coming in, instead of paying his workers and his fed costs. He was blowing it elsewhere.

[QUOTE=Michael Wayne]ECW didn't die because it wasn't making money. Far from it. ECW WAS making money. Problem was, Heyman was spending it faster than it was coming in, instead of paying his workers and his fed costs. He was blowing it elsewhere.[/QUOTE] Therefore it was not making money?

Archived