The Dawn of Territories

Have you ever wanted to book a NWA WorldHW match between Lou Thesz and Verne Gagne? Have you ever wanted to book Gorgeous George against Dr. Jerry Graham?  Have you ever wanted to guide the rookies Fritz Von Erich or Bruno Sammartino to the stardom?

Well.. because I wanted to do it. And as I love “Territory Daze” (1970) and “A New Trust” (1934) that are truly great mods, the gap between was an itch in my back. So I decided to…

image.jpeg.03216ec2112b0d0b551c346c5b354306.jpeg

And I get….

image.jpeg.ca5f8fc0c4f2d16ccc429144ed5f6bb5.jpeg

So… well. I merged both mods (with permission and recognition of course) and I set the beginning in July1948, the month that NWA was created.

Firstly, this mod is not a realistic and detailed mod as Territory Daze or A New Trust are. This mod is built more a sandbox/ Minimum Viable Product/“what if” mod. Whatever you want call it. I’ve been toying with how to adapt the Territory era to the TEW mechanics, and I’ve took some unusual stances, but that suit my playing style.

The biggest choice I’ve took is that, instead having the real NWA territories, I’ve a NWA “franchise” in each continental US region (plus Ontario and Alberta). This is a very personal choice, but I felt that the NWA objective was to give each member a “exclusive” zone, so having various NWA territories in the same zone, for me, feels wrong (even I know that in certain company sizes it has not consequences but anyway). Also I’ve expanded the NWA to zones that originally weren’t territories. Also, and just for playability sake, I´ve created some “unrelated/rogue” territories, so you can play the “NWA LA” against the “Unrelated SF” or the “NWA Buffalo” against the “Unrelated NY” for example. Related to this, in 1948 most of the territories have no their names, so I’ve decided, for cosmetic purposes give each company the name of its base city. So instead having “AWA” you will have “Unrelated Minneapolis” with a nice “art-deco” logo. Feel free to edit.

For wrestlers, I’ve tried to give some level of accuracy of skills, but my time /knowledge is limited. Also the popularity has been edited to give most of them the top in 1 or 2 regions, but lower in the rest. It is intentional to keep companies centered in the regional wrestlers, as importing talent will need a lot of investment to push the popularity.

I also have edited heavily the Broadcasters/TV shows. I’ve activated enough TV stations (non historical) to give each company a TV slot, but also I’ve blocked the capacity to expand outside his region (or 2-3 regions for “rogue companies”). This is intended to avoid expansions, so each company will live (or die) due his achievements in his main zone. Of course these settings are unrealistic in the 80’s but…  I will cross this bridge if I get there.

I’ve took off a lot of things (title history, tag teams, Europe, India and Australia, bios of future workers…) that will put a lot of work that I would not enjoy to do. I’ve give each company a Main Title and a Tag Title.

Most of the work is took of the two mods, including images. I’ve added a few just for immersion sake.

Status...? I'm testing, so I think next week I will have some to publish here. 

I put some images of my last "autogame".

The Status in 1955

Img1.thumb.jpg.f4ce71a85984841c504c9a8370c770f5.jpg

The Top in 1954

Img2.thumb.jpg.b82f490063031b1c4f727c85f10873f4.jpg

NWA: St Louis 

Img3.thumb.jpg.7c23221fa7525d86ff75c98029178bb7.jpg

And Filter <= 30 years and >= 75 Star Quality

Img4.thumb.jpg.492aa8a2e9796396f9ca58f66b6654ad.jpg

And the most important. All of these is thanks “Territory Daze” (1970) and “A New Trust” (1934). 

“Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery that mediocrity can pay to greatness.”

Edited by KeyserSoze
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, RobStevens said:

I love this mod, I'm playing as the Capitol Wrestling Corporation I'm about 2 years into my save now and it's already one of my favourite mods to play.

Thanks! I think that Capitol/NY can be a nice ride

7 hours ago, redhill-eagle said:

The picture file is not downloading. I know you probably want feedback on the mod itself, but I'm starting to think it's a problem my end since I couldn't d/l it from other sources...

I have opened well... If you can't download it, I can look for any alternative

Any feedback is welcome!

Looking at your mod very interesting indeed. Though few questions why isn't Florida in the mod? Understand they started in March 1949, but they at least should be in the mod as yet to debut company, Orville Brown doesn't begin the game as NWA World Champion. Which at the start of the mod he should be the champion.