RVD and Sabu were arrested for drug possession

ahw26

According to the Ohio State Police, Van Dam was initially stopped for speeding. When troopers approached his vehicle, they smelled marijuana and performed a search. Troopers found RVD in possession of 18 grams of marijuana and five Vicodin, prescription pain pills. Sabu was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and also had nine pills that were not immediately identifiable, but were known to be controlled substances, according to the OSHP. Both were cited and posted bond at the scene. (Taken from prowrestling.com) you have to wonder if WWE will fire them or not, according to their new drug policy they face immediate termination, but then again they are the two biggest stars on ECW.

Funny,I don't think I'd be employed any longer than it would take for them to hand me a pink slip if I was caught with illegal substances at my job. I understand they have a written contract,all kinds of legalities and all that.....but really we need to treat it exactly the same as if the average guy on the street did it.

well apparently they are still allowed to appear on raw tonight an ecw tomorrow, but this well let us know how serious vince is about the drug policy because by all rights they should be fired

The worst part about this is that the WWE doesn't know what to do with all of the other great talent that they've gotten from ECW. So, I expect that this will bring about the quick, untimely death of the ECW brand at WWE after they fire RVD and Sabu. I'd bet that RVD gets to wrestle at another PPV and that will be it. Sabu is probably done after ECW TV tonight. Of course, I've heard that Sabu wanted out of WWE because the extreme was gone anyways, so that's not a problem. However, the WWE has invested a lot of time and money into RVD, and it's going to hurt them a lot to have to let go of him, which they have to do if they want any of their workers to take their drug policy seriously. On the upside, I might want to watch TNA if the two of them get picked up... maybe we can see some of the great matches that used to occur when these two were both beside and opposite each other in matches.

Sabu I can see being picked up again by TNA, because to them Sabu really only comes in for short appearences now. RVD would be nice, but if I was a performer in TNA I may not want him because sure great matches are going to be had but here comes another guy that will be put over me because he has WWE experience. of course WWE has to let them go and uphold the drug testing policy

personally i think Sandman is way, way overated. The guy is sloppy as hell inside the ring and i really dont find him entertaining. As for RVD, i kinda feel bad for him tbh. Yeah he was smoking weed but, its not as if he was anything heavy. I would wager tons of wrestlers smoke the odd joint for stress relieving purposes. Not that im condoning it, but i think being fired would be a bit harsh especially when you consider the kinda stunts these two pull week-in, week out. They have risked sever injurys for the WWE and RVD has done so for several years now. I say suspend 'em. I guess im influenced slightly by the fact that i kinda like RVD and think his push was long overdue, also it has been nice to see a few new stars in the title hunt IE RVD, Edge and Cena (despite the fact i dont really like him)

[QUOTE=panix04]Yeah he was smoking weed but, its not as if he was anything heavy. I would wager tons of wrestlers smoke the odd joint for stress relieving purposes.[/QUOTE] Absolutely! RVD's character centred around being a pothead for several years. Now he is found in possesion of marijuana? Go figure! The criminal justice system in any country exists to punish/rehablitate criminals for their crime(s). RVD and Sabu will undoubtedly be fined in court so I don't see why WWE even have to involve themselves. Yes two of their wrestlers smoked gear but the company did not condone it and can, therefore, not be held responsible, so, why take redundancy action? Leave it as a matter for the courts - that's what they're there for! Quote The Raven Nevermore

Yeah, a lot of wrestlers may do it privately , but having two top stars caught with a lot of drugs on their possession whilst driving brings a lot of bad face to WWE, and one thing the WWE does not need is more publicity, because they've had way too much of that over the last few years. I doubt either one of them will be instantly released, but I wouldn't blame WWE putting them on an unpaid vacation for a few weeks / months, because hell; they deserve it. I'm hardly "sXc 4 lyfe" or any of that rubbish, but Sabu & RVD currently don't deserve their spot on the card if they're going to pull these stunts.

[QUOTE=Ollie Beak]Sabu & RVD currently don't deserve their spot on the card if they're going to pull these stunts.[/QUOTE] Sorry dude, but what stunts? It's their private life they just got caught. The 'damage' is already done to WWE and RVD and Sabu will be punished by the judiciary/legal system. It's just my opinion (though I do feel strongly about this, seeing as I practically worship RVD and Sabu and I have a liberal view on drugs - but that's not get into that) that enough action has already been taken if the courts convict them. Quote The Raven Nevermore

So you mean driving in an open area on normal roads in a regular area whilst being high as a kite isn't a 'stunt'? They've made WWE look bad from it, and they should be punished for it. I'm a hyoooge fan of both men (and I don't mind drugs either, but again; another discussion), but that wasn't in their "private life" as you put it because it was in public.

i think that they will most likely be sent to a drug rehab centre like chris masters was although there is a chance that sabu will be released, but also there is a good chance that they weren't using it for recreational purposes, it is widely known fact that marijuana can relieve physical pain, which usually plauges the majority of wrestlers depending on the length of their careers.

[QUOTE=Ollie Beak]So you mean driving in an open area on normal roads in a regular area whilst being high as a kite isn't a 'stunt'? They've made WWE look bad from it, and they should be punished for it. I'm a hyoooge fan of both men (and I don't mind drugs either, but again; another discussion), but that wasn't in their "private life" as you put it because it was in public.[/QUOTE] I had considered this and it is a fair point, I'm just a contentious bastard. No, seriously, it doesn't state that they were high while driving the car. It could have been for use at another time. Also, ahw26 has a point seeing as the Mary J was discovered alongside painkillers. Honestly, I don't mean be too contentious but I love 'em both to pieces and I've never considered low-class drugs that big of a deal. Oh, that and I'm way too willing to express my opinions :D . Quote The Raven Nevermore

[QUOTE=Ollie Beak]So you mean driving in an open area on normal roads in a regular area whilst being high as a kite isn't a 'stunt'? They've made WWE look bad from it, and they should be punished for it. I'm a hyoooge fan of both men (and I don't mind drugs either, but again; another discussion), but that wasn't in their "private life" as you put it because it was in public.[/QUOTE] Umm, what happened to Hacksaw Jim Duggan and the Iron Sheik when they were caught in a car together with weed and minute amounts of what cops say was probably heroin? Right outside Madison Square Garden here. As if kayfabe wasn't dead already, here you have two feuding "superstars" in a car together sharing a doobie with a lil twist. I don't remember anything bad being done to them by the E (or maybe it was 'the F' back then). Drug policies are, generally, for the rank and file members of a sports enterprise. One of the benefits of being a star is earning the 'benefit of doubt' privilege. They didn't fail a drug test, they got caught with weed and painkillers outside the workplace. Woopdefreakin' do. This isn't a Kimberly Page/Tammy Sytch incident. I'm willing to bet every active worker in WWE (and TNA and RoH and......) has an unlimited prescription (or access to an unlimited prescription) for some hydrocodone or oxycodone based painkiller (which would include Vicodin, Percocet, Percodan, Lortab, and others). Heck, I know professional (American) football players who can't get outta bed the morning after a game and they only play 3-4 (5 tops) months out of the year. Comparing these people to "Joe 9 to 5" is asinine IMO. What would happen if a John Cena or Edge or Rey Mysterio decided to take time off every time they were in serious pain? They'd rarely be working, that's what. Joe 9 to 5 takes a sick day for the flu in comparison. I don't think this is a big deal, personally. Unless the WWE's drug policy covers workers in their private lives (that is, outside the work environment), they don't have a leg to stand on if the worker doesn't flunk a test. If it does cover outside the work environment, they'd better fire Cena too since he's been in the presence of drugs at every award show he went to promoting his album (whether he knew it or not). Rob would've been arrested even if he was a passenger in the car and Sabu (or a third party) possessed the drugs. On the other hand, I agree with GDE71. Give them life just for being stupid enough to be speeding while they have dank in the car.

See, the thing is WWE has openly and publicly stated that any use or abuse of drugs that is discovered will mean immediate termination.... so that's really about it....since pot is considered a drug these days they have to be history or WWE is officially rubbish...which they are anyway :p So,....I think RVD and Sabu should form a tag-team in TNA :p WOOO!!

[QUOTE=jonlawson]See, the thing is WWE has openly and publicly stated that any use or abuse of drugs that is discovered will mean immediate termination.... so that's really about it....since pot is considered a drug these days they have to be history or WWE is officially rubbish...which they are anyway :p So,....I think RVD and Sabu should form a tag-team in TNA :p WOOO!![/QUOTE] Masters wasn't fired for his drug use though, see what i think is if its someone who could be useful to WWE or TNA then they won't be released depending on the seriousness of the offence, (which in all reality pot is probably the least serious of all in terms of illegal drugs) whereas if its someone who they fell is completely useless to their product and would more than likely be useless to TNA eg Snistky then they probably would be fired

Archived