SmackDown!: Second Genesis

[I]OOC: Thanks for the comments. I will be adding a few pictures - but not worker ones. I'll use PPV logos and belt pics for title matches, and maybe a few other bits and pieces where necessary. And now the long-awaited debut of Team England! And the not-so-long-awaited debut of myself. Unforgivable self-promotion, perhaps, and I hope no-one will object too much, but even if I'm only on the show for a short while, I get to write myself interacting with William Regal... I have no plans for me to get involved at the top end of the card, either - I'm not talented enough :) [/I] * Raw had been impressive, with two strong matches pitting Shawn Michaels against Edge and RVD against Randy Orton. Impact, meanwhile, had been nothing much to write home about, a midcard-quality match between Jeff Jarrett and Scott Steiner being the best match on offer. ECW on Sci-Fi had been a strong showing, with a double main event seeing RVD go over Big Show and Scott Hall defeating Kurt Angle. * [B][CENTER]WWE SmackDown! for Friday, Week 3, August 2006 Live from the McCarthy Athletic Center, Spokane, WA, before an audience of 4,719 people[/CENTER][/B] Backstage, Teddy Long stared over his steepled fingers at the man on the other side of the desk. “Vince, we’ve always agreed that hirings and firings on this show are under my purview. Okay, so I let you have your way last week – but do you really expect me to just roll over and give you my spot, playa? That’s not how this works!” “Teddy,” Vince said, soothingly. “Calm down. I’m just helping you out – that’s all. These guys I’ve signed, well, they’re the real deal, I assure you.” Long looked furious for a moment, but relented. “Okay, I’ll tell you what. I’ll hook ‘em up with a match for tonight. If I like what I see, if I think they can go places, than – and only then, Vince – will I sign off on their being hired.” “Teddy, you’re a great man,” Vince beamed, as he got up and left. “I’m a great fool,” Teddy muttered to himself. “Oh, Teddy, Teddy, Teddy... What have you gone and gotten yourself into this time?” [B]Rating: B+[/B] Earlier today, a white limousine with the cross of St. George painted on the roof pulled up at the arena. The chauffeur opened one of the back doors and we see a long, long woman’s leg in a high heeled shoe step out, followed by the rest of a very attractive brunette in a sharp suit jacket and short skirt. She was followed by a tall, well-built, crop-haired man, and they were joined by two smaller, more lightly built men, one of whom has short black hair, the other of whom had long, black hair. “That Long bloke said this was the place,” the tallest man said. “Stephanie?” “That’s right,” the woman replied. “You’re facing three blokes called Gymini – twin brothers and their manager, Simon Dean. They shouldn’t be a problem – not for my man and his friends. Just watch out for the old switching twins trick. And don’t let that idiot of a ref tell you what to do, neither.” “Yeah...” “Jody? Something wrong?” Jody, the smaller man with short hair, shifted uncomfortably. “It’s just... this name we’re using, Steph.” “What’s wrong with it?” “Well... The Spitfires?” “It’s perfect! You’re English and you’re airborne!” “So’s Mad Cow Disease,” muttered the longer-haired man. “Jonny!” “Alright, alright,” the taller man said, placatingly. “We don’t have to settle on it now. Let’s just get in there, get ourselves sorted out and have our match “Yeah, alright.” “I guess.” The four headed into the arena, the door closing behind them. [B]Rating: F Team England vs. Gymini[/B] Simon Dean and his charges were already in the ring when the Rolling Stones’ cover version of Jerusalem kicked off, and out come the three men shown arriving at the arena, now clad in ring gear – matching in the case of the two smaller men – and announced respectively as Doug Williams, Jody Fleisch and Jonny Cruise, accompanied by Stephanie Williams, the brunette lady and apparently Doug’s wife. Barely had the last riff faded when the three Englishmen went on the attack, jumping their opponents and sending Jake and Simon flying. Williams then latched onto Jesse, and held him for a Fleisch dropkick. Fleisch then dropped to all fours, and Storm used him as a vaulting horse to land a Poetry in Motion. Williams then went to work, showing that he was the power and technical ability to his partners’ speed and agility. He wore Jesse down, focusing on the muscular man’s neck, before Jesse was able to escape and tag in his brother. Jake entered slowly, apparently recognising the danger Williams posed, and seemed relieved when Williams tagged out to Fleisch. His relief was short-lived, however, when Fleisch went straight to work with a series of quick, stinging attacks, dropkicking him three times, each time catching him as he bounced off the ropes as he showed off his incredible speed. Backing Jake into the corner, Fleisch then tagged in Storm, and the two worked a slingshot Irish whip routine that inflicted dual corner splashes on Jake, and earned a two count. Jake was then on the receiving end of Jonny’s offence, tasting a springboard bulldog and a tornado DDT before managing to haul himself to his corner, where he tagged in Simon Dean. Doug Williams immediately tagged back in, and demolished Dean with a series of snap suplexes and ground-based stretch holds. Seeing their leader in trouble, Jake and Jesse tried to interfere, but they were met by Fleisch and Cruise, and quickly bundled from the ring. Williams then planted Dean with a spinning back suplex, and pointed to the corners. Fleisch and Cruise mounted up, and Cruise came off with a frog splash, while Fleisch followed up with a shooting star press. Williams then made the cover for an easy win on his team’s debut on SmackDown. [B]Winners: Team England Rating: D[/B] “Welcome once more to Montreal, mes amis. It is I, Sylvan! Today, I shall introduce you to one of our finest local delicacies – the pizza. Of course, you Americans may think that the pizza was invented in your country – perhaps you even think that it is a traditional Italian dish? Ah, mes poor, poor amis... Vous est ne pas de... Well, never mind, eh? Mes amis, I’d like to introduce you to the man Montral celebrates as a hero, the inventor of the pizza, the man who, in 1982, came up with the idea of putting cheese and tomato on bread and cooking it, rather than just having it as a normal cold sandwich... M. Zinedine LeClerc! M. LeClerc, was it a cold day when you cooked your sandwich and invented pizza?” “Oui.” “Formidable... Mes amis, until next time, I am Sylvan, and please, come to Montreal!” [B]Rating: C-[/B] Backstage, Christy Hemme was getting ready, tying her boots and adjusting her kneepads. [B]Rating: B+ Christy Hemme vs. Gail Kim[/B] The two Divas fought tooth and nail from the off in this battle, going back and forth without either woman particularly securing an advantage. In the end, Christy rolled Gail up for the win, which the other woman looked furious about [B]Winner: Christy Hemme Rating: C-[/B] Backstage, Paul London was geeing Brian Kendrick up for his match. “You can do it, buddy,” Paul declared. Our streak is over! We’re coming out of tonight with a big, big win!” “Yeah! No more messing about!” “Damn straight!” Kendrick walked off, leaving London alone. “I hope,” he muttered. [B]Rating: C Brian Kendrick vs. Jay Briscoe vs. Kid Kash[/B] Before the match started, Michael Cole announced that each man and their partners would be in a three-way elimination match at SummerSlam for the WWE Tag Team titles. Kash began by peppering both his opponents with big right hands, driving each man back before Kendrick took him off his feet with a dropkick. Briscoe then pounced on Kendrick with a bulldog for two, before Kash fired back with a legdrop across the back of Briscoe’s head to break up the pin. Each man took turns taking punishment from each of the other two – with Kendrick at one point holding his own against both opponents. At one point he managed to stun them both with a double clothesline, and then drove their heads together as they pulled themselves upright. But as he waited for Kash to stand up, Jay grabbed him and hit a Jay Driller for the upset victory. [B]Winner: Jay Briscoe Rating: C+[/B] Backstage, Simon Dean was looking down in the dumps. He walked along the corridor, before yanking open a door and heading through. We hear a thump and a muffled curse as Dean continues on, oblivious. As the door swings shut, we see Vince McMahon standing there, one hand raised to his face, a shocked expression quickly turning to anger. [B]Rating: C+ Tatanka vs. Low Ki[/B] A brutal performance from Low Ki, who seems to be growing more ruthless with each passing week. Tatanka didn’t even have the chance to remove his ceremonial headdress before being attacked, with Low Ki brutalising the Native American warrior with a string of hard kicks and strikes, before finishing him off with a double foot stomp from the top rope. [B]Winner: Low Ki Rating: C-[/B] “I had hoped that a self-styled warrior might pose a challenge,” Ki declared. “Apparently this is not the case. There is no honour in defeating those who are weaker than I – so I offer fair warning. Find me a worthy opponent, or the next opponent that I face will not walk from this ring unaided.” [B]Rating: C+[/B] On the big screen, a series of flash images and video clips highlights a wrestler going airborne for a springboard reverse DDT, easily clearing the top ropes on a plancha dive, battling Alex Shelley in front of a wild ROH crowd, and nailing a top rope belly-to-back inverted mat slam. The screen fades to black, before the following fades in, red letters in a very stylised, pointy font: [U]Phenomenal adj. Extraordinary; outstanding; exceedingly or unbelievably great... In one week...[/U] [B]Rating: C+ Scotty & Funaki vs. The British Empire[/B] Scotty and Funaki put forward a good showing in this match, managing to confuse their larger, stronger opponents on a number of occasions with their polished teamwork and quick moves. However, Regal and Finlay managed time and again to assert control over proceedings, at one point combining for a double brainbuster that left Funaki knocked silly in the middle of the ring, and only Scotty’s intervention saving his team from defeat. Ultimately, however, the wily British veterans had the last say, with Finlay using the Celtic Cross on Scotty for the win. [B]Winners: The British Empire Rating: B-[/B] Backstage, Regal and Finlay were celebrating their victory when Regal suddenly went as pale as a sheet. “No... It can’t be!” “William! Bloody hell, I thought I’d never find you. Big place this, ain’t it?” A younger man came on screen, dressed quite sharply, but looking as though he was at the end of a long journey. “James! You bloody little toerag! What in God’s name are you doing here?” “Nice to see you too, William,” James grinned. “Aunt Wilma didn’t tell you?” “Wilma?” Finlay asked, as Regal groaned. “My Aunt Wilma – William’s mum. They wanted a girl, but he doesn’t like to say... Well, I guess I can understand that. Anyway, James Casey, William’s my cousin. Nice to meet you.” “You didn’t answer my question,” Regal said, looking less than pleased at the family reunion. “Yeah, I know... I, er, sort of got deported...” “Deported.” “Yeah.” “From Britain.” “Well... Europe.” “What for? No, let me guess, you got mixed up in some bloody illegal mess that wasn’t your fault, and now you’ve come over here to look for my help. You haven’t changed.” “Hey! This time it really wasn’t my fault. I let some mates use one of my garages – I didn’t know they were using it to sell stolen cars, right? But the cops took one look at my record and told me to either get in jail or out of the country. Well, no way I was going back in the joint, right? So Aunt Wilma said I should come over here and see you. She said you’re doing good over here.” “And you thought you could ponce some money off me, like back in the old days, I suppose?” “Bloody hell, you’re a suspicious wanker these days. No, I don’t want your money.” “Good, because I-“ “I wouldn’t mind a job, though.” “What?” “Your Mum said you’d be happy to help me out.” “I- She- Oh, bugger...” [B]Rating: C+[/B] Theodore Long came out to the ring. “Seems like we’ve got us some interesting business ahead. Like SummerSlam, for instance. The champ’s been back in my office, talking about the trouble he’s been having with Ken Kennedy. Well, not only did I give him a tag team match against him tonight, but they’ll be going at it, one on one, at SummerSlam as well, with the World title at stake!” [B]Rating: B-[/B] “And that’s not all! At SummerSlam, the Cruiserweight title will be on the line. Tajiri and Lance Storm will face the champ in a Triple Threat match!” [B]Rating: C[/B] Backstage, and Matt Hardy had something to say. “I don’t think there’s any secret as to why I’m facing Psicosis. You abandoned and betrayed your friend – and that’s a wrong for which I intend to extract the maximum amount of vengeance...” [B]Rating: C Matt Hardy vs. Psicosis[/B] Psicosis appeared to have the measure of Hardy in the opening spell of this match, blitzing the self-proclaimed avenger with a series of high-speed attacks. But Hardy turned the tables when he blocked Psicosis’ attempted powerbomb and reversed it into a cradle for two. As Psicosis got back to his feet, Hardy grabbed him and drilled him with a DDT before hitting a second rope legdrop for another two count. Hardy followed in with a snap suplex, a back suplex and a bulldog before going for a Twist of Fate. Psicosis blocked this, and tried to sweep Hardy’s legs out for a cradle. Hardy reversed with a cradle of his own for two, but Psicosis reversed that for another two count. Hardy broke the hold, and both men got to their feet, but Hardy had more of his wits about him and snatched Psicosis up in a Side Effect for the win. [B]Winner: Matt Hardy Rating: C[/B] Vince McMahon stood in the centre of the ring, looking angry. “Simon Dean, come out here, you worthless piece of sputum.” Slowly, Dean emerged from backstage, looking petrified. “Now listen here. I don’t take kindly to my wrestlers assaulting me, as you did in so cavalier a manner earlier tonight. So as it’s clear that you’re deserving of some form of reprimand, I think I’ve come up with the perfect solution. As your match tonight showed, clearly you’re the weak link in your little group, so I’ve decided to try and take that away from you. I’ve found myself two bright, up and coming young men who’re eager to take the opportunity to prove themselves in a WWE ring. I’m going to put them in the ring against the Gymini, and if the Gymini lose, then they’re fired and you, Dean, lose your meal ticket here on SmackDown.” Vince grinned, evilly, as Simon had hysterics on the entranceway. “It just goes to show, you should never cross the boss!” [B]Rating: A[/B] Steve Romero and Josh Matthews joined Vince in the ring to help him out. “Ladies and gentlemen,” Vince began. “I’d like to introduce you to the newest stars to SmackDown. Two hungry young men from Mexico who for the last several years have been honing and perfecting their talents in preparation for their shot at the big time.” “They are two of the finest cruiserweights in the world,” Matthews went on, reading from a piece of paper. “And have stunned audiences everywhere with their innovative offence.” “They come to you,” Romero added, also reading from a piece of paper, “courtesy of the, er, genius and generosity of Mr. McMahon. Ladies and gentlemen-“ “Los Maximos!” Vince roared, cutting Romero off. [B]Rating: D Los Maximos vs. The Gymini[/B] With no time to prepare for their opponents, and having only recently finished a gruelling match against Team England, the Gymini were no match for the fresh and fast Joel and Jose Maximo, whom Vince spent the entire match hyping. Jake and Jesse had no defence against the lightweight Maximo brothers, who flattened the larger team until Joel pinned Jesse in just under four minutes with a move that Vince announced as the Maximo Explosion. After the result, Vince climbed into the ring. “Jesse, Jake, a feeble effort – every bit as bad as I’ve come to expect from Simon Dean and his associated projects. It gives me no pleasure to say this – no, that’s a lie. It gives me immense pleasure to say: You’re fired!” [B]Winners: Los Maximos Rating: E[/B] Backstage, Ashley was walking towards the Diva locker room when she came across Michelle. Before Ashley had a chance to react, Michelle her, slamming her against a series of lockers before smashing her, head-first, into one of the steel doors. With Ashley stunned and unable to defend herself, Michelle proceeded to tear at her clothes, using her nails to shred the cloth of Ashley’s shirt before security could intervene. [B]Rating: C[/B] On the ovaltron, a video of Ronald Gonzales played. “I’ve been a professional athlete for ten years. I’ve played for my school, my college, my team. I’ve always been one of the guys, dependable, reliable, one of those guys who you could always trust to do the right thing for the team. “Now I’m on my own. No rules, no restrictions, no teammates. “Time for me to show what I’m capable of...” [B]Rating: B-[/B] A second video played, this time of Joey Mercury. “I guess, well, uh, I mean to say, uh, ya know... I suppose we had it all. Me and Johnny and Melina. Good times, good times. But, well, everything must end. I guess they decided that maybe they were best off on their own, which I suppose that I can understand. Well, I guess. I mean, they said in the text message they left me that I was, uh, the weak link. So, well, here I am. Um...” [B]Rating: C- Lance Storm vs. King Booker[/B] Both men entered the ring on the back of impressive – if tainted – victories on the previous week’s show. Storm started quicker, going after Booker with a series of attempted takedowns and tieups, and forcing the King back into the corner before a clean break that both men honoured. Somewhat flustered, King Booker walked into a dropkick that left him tied up in the top and middle ropes, but this earned him a reprieve as the referee prevented Storm from attacking him until he was untied. When the ref unroped Booker, his first act was to launch a leaping sidekick at Storm, knocking the Canadian down and giving him the advantage. Booker pounced on this, driving Storm back with punches and kicks before nailing his opponent with a Book End for two. As Booker argued with the ref, Storm rolled clear. Climbing to his feet, he took aim and launched a superkick that caught Booker flush under the jaw and sent the King sprawling to the mat by an anguished Sharmell. As Storm closed in to take advantage, however, Booker lashed backwards with the sceptre, catching Storm in the gut. Passing the sceptre back to Sharmell, Booker bounced off the ropes, avoided the oblivious referee, and dropped Storm to the mat with a Scissors Kick. A three count later, and Booker was victorious once more. [B]Winner: King Booker Rating: B+[/B] “Nice, Booker, real nice,” Batista said, backstage, mock applauding. “You see, we’ve got this personal rivalry going on here. I think we ought to settle it the normal way – one on one, mano a mano. What do you say? You and me, at SummerSlam. Oh, and Booker? If you accept, leave the sceptre in the locker room, or I’ll have to stick it someplace you only normally use when you’re sitting on the kingly throne...” [B]Rating: B+[/B] “Ladies and gentlemen, this match is scheduled one for one fall and is a tag team match. Currently in the ring, weighing in at 247 pounds of Stairmasterly goodness, I hail from Green Bay, Wisconsin and my pick for this year’s English Premier League is the mighty Reds of Liverpool... I am Mr. Ken-n-n-n Ken-ne-dy... “Kennedy! “And my opponent, he hails from San Diego, California and has his phone number tattooed on his arm in case he gets lost when he’s out with the big people... Rey Mysterio!” Mysterio got as far as popping up from the ramp. On his landing, he was jumped from behind by Mark Henry, who nailed the World champion with a series of stiff forearms to the head before drilling him with a belly-to-belly suplex that left the champ clutching at his ribs, clearly suffering. As Tajiri’s music played, Henry walked smugly down to the ring, clearly believing he’d done enough damage to put the champ out of the match. [B]Rating: B-[/B] [B]Rey Mysterio and Tajiri vs. Ken Kennedy and Mark Henry[/B] With no partner to tag, Tajiri was inevitably the victim of a hellacious pounding in the early going of this match. Kennedy seemed content to let Mark Henry do most of the work, dominating the much smaller Tajiri with a series of clubbing blows and punishing suplexes that left the former ECW stalwart gasping for air. Henry was just about to splash Tajiri into unconsciousness when Mysterio popped up, vaulting onto the top rope and using it as a springboard to launch himself across the ring and onto Henry’s shoulders, where he unleashed a barrage of right hands to the big man’s head. As Henry tried to swat Rey aside, he was nailed in the side of the knee by a Tajiri kick, making his leg buckle under him. Rey vaulted from Henry’s shoulders, surprising a slow to react Kennedy with a dropkick that sent him tumbling to the ground. But as Rey turned around, he was caught by Henry, who had been only momentarily fazed by the two-man assault. Mysterio was driven into the mat with a World’s Strongest Slam and when Tajiri tried to interfere, Henry simply military pressed him up into the air, before dropping him bodily onto Mysterio. As Kennedy climbed back up onto the apron, Henry bounced off the ropes and pancaked both his opponents with a huge splash. Hauling Tajiri off the fallen champion, Henry pitched him from the ring. He tagged in Kennedy, before dropping a beefy elbow onto Rey’s sternum as Kennedy climbed the turnbuckle, launching himself into a Kenton Bomb that earned him the three count and the win. [B]Winners: Kennedy and Henry Rating: B- Show overall: C+[/B] * [I]OOC: Housekeeping time: Joey Mercury has switched to a Neurotic New Yorker gimmick, simply because I wanted to write it (and it didn't need him to take two or three months off). Doug Williams and Jody Fleisch are well known enough, I hope. Jonny Cruise is better known as Jonny Storm. Stephanie Williams is better known as Nurse Stephanie Scope. I can't stand the Gymini - hence Vince fired them. Simon Dean will be paying for his 'crime' for some time to come, too, but that's because I like him... SummerSlam predictions in my next post, which should be before the weekend and have the final SD of the month in it. I'll post the PPV a few days later to give everyone time to enter. Oh, and welcome to Rune, whose Beyond the Bash diary looks like good reading.[/I]

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well I got Doug Williams right. Think I concentraited too much on it being an existing tag team. Dunno why I didn't go for Storm & Fleish as I've worked several shows with them and know they're quite big in CZW, ROH and a few others. Another good show though, keep it up.

[I]OOC: Fleisch and Storm were chosen because of their history together - any number of classic matches, so they should work well as a team. No chemistry, alas...[/I] * "Vince, that's now how we do things here!" "Teddy, Teddy, calm down... I know you've wanted to work with Joel and Jose for a while now... I've given you that opportunity! You should be thanking me." "Thanking you? Vince, I oughta be strangling you, playa! You come in here, all arrogant and check-out-my-grapefruits, well, that don't play here on SmackDown, you got me? You overstepped your mark - and that's not something I can easily forgive." "Well, Teddy, if that's how you feel... I'll be sorry to lose you, but-" "Oh no. I know what you're up to, Vince. You're running from DX - and I'm not giving you safe harbour. This here is my show, to run the way I want - and if that means chasing off a McMahon, then that's the way the dice roll." "Are you... threatening me, Teddy?" Long leaned on his desk, bring his eyes down to Vince's level. "Do I need to, Vince? Now, you can stay here on SmackDown - that's fine. You want to manage Los Maximos, well, that's their choice. But if you ever mess with my show again, then it'll be war, do you hear me?" "Teddy... Trust me!" * From wwe.com WWE wish to announce the release of Jesse and Jake, the Gymini. We wish them the best in their future endeavours. * From fourcorneredring.com There is a great deal of concern about Vince’s recent actions on SmackDown. Foisting Ronald Gonzales onto Teddy Long at short notice was seen by some backstage as meddlesome and unbecoming for the Chairman. Had Gonzales not been able to at least put on a good showing for himself, Long feels that SmackDown would have become a laughing stock. Firing the Gymini on-screen was seen by everyone as so far over the line that it’s only a matter of time before the duo file suit against McMahon. Teddy Long is said to be fuming about Vince’s actions, and is believed to be considering his position in WWE. It is thought that any more interference on Vince’s part will see Long resign from his post. As it is, many consider Long’s position untenable already, although Long is believed to have been mollified slightly by the hiring of Los Maximos, who have been targets of his for some time. * Raw had been a lacklustre show, the only result of note being John Cena’s victory over the previously undefeated Umaga in the main event. Impact had seen Chris Sabin, in his last TNA appearance, lose the X Division title to Sonjay Dutt, on an otherwise unnoteworthy show. ECW’s tv show was the pick of the week’s TV, an amazingly strong showing from Scott Hall in his match against RVD earning it Match of the Week status from SmackDown’s comptetitors. * [B][CENTER]WWE SmackDown! for Friday, Week 4, August 2006 Live from the Knoxville Civic Colliseum, Knoxville, TN, before an audience of 4,802 people[/CENTER][/B] “Welcome to SmackDown!” Miz hollered. “Yes, welcome to SmackDown!” Vince said. “And one last time, welcome to SmackDown,” Theodore Long announced. “Teddy, really, this isn’t necessary,” Vince said, looking innocent. “Mr. McMahon, I don’t trust you an inch – so tonight, whenever you leave the announcers table, I’ll be right with you. And if that means sticking closer to you than scandal an’ Hollywood, that’s how it’s goin’ to be, you understand me, playa?” “Yes, very well,” Vince said, soothingly. “But I assure you-“ “Mr. McMahon, this is my show. Now let the Miz do his job – before I have security throw your billion-dollar ass out of the building!” Mr. McMahon took a step back, and lowered his microphone. “Thank you, Mr. Long,” Miz said, uncertainly. “Uh, welcome again, everyone. We have a big show tonight, including the debut of someone we are promised is nothing less than phenomenal! We’ll also see the second half of last week’s triple header, with Paul London, Mark Briscoe and Jamie Noble squaring off. Stephanie of Team England has got her men into two big matches tonight, with the Spitfires facing off against the British Empire in what some might call a Civil War of sorts, while Doug Williams leaps straight into the main event, having been selected by The Undertaker and Batista as their third man in a six-man match against Gregory helms, Ken Kennedy and The Great Khali. Also, Ronald Gonzales defends his United States title against the man he defeated for the belt, Mark Henry. All this and much more in a stacked episode of SmackDown, so-“ “Stay tuned!” Vince said. “Mr. McMahon, I won’t warn you again, playa!” [B]Rating: B[/B] [B]Mike Mizanin vs. Vito[/B] Vito wears a dress, but does he wear women’s underwear as well? Apparently not – at least, not during this match. The former Mafioso battered the young Miz from the opening bell, as the reality TV star got a taste of Jerry Springer from the toughest dress wearer outside a Russian Olympic shotput team. Vito manhandled the inexperienced Miz easily in this match, before putting him away with a Mafia Kick that required the bigger man to hitch up his peach-coloured dress, revealing a pair of black trunks beneath. [B]Winner: Vito[/B] [B]Rating: C-[/B] Backstage, and Teddy Long was stalking the corridors, looking furious. Happening on Psicosis and Super Crazy screaming Spanish insults at one another, he yelled at them until they stopped yelling at one another. “Now I’ve had it up to here with you pair of jokers! You want to settle this? Well, you can do it in the ring at SummerSlam! Now beat it, before I dock you both a week’s pay!” Crazy and Psicosis beat it, briefly united in fear of the boss. [B]Rating: C[/B] [B]Jillian Hall vs. Kristal Marshall[/B] A short match between these two divas that saw Jillian try and take the lead with some sharp kicks, only for Kristal to weather the storm by continually grabbing the ropes and forcing Jillian to back off. Caught eventually in the centre of the ring, Kristal seemed surprised when she managed to block one of Jillian’s kicks and hold onto her leg. Taking several seconds to decide her next move, Kristal eventually settled for spinning Jillian around. Grabbing her from behind, Kristal nailed a rolling belly to back suplex, following through to end up sitting on top of a doubled-over Jillian. Kristal grabbed a double fistful of tights for added leverage to hold her opponent down for three. [B]Winner: Kristal Marshall Rating: D[/B] “Ladies and gentlemen,” Vince began, flanked on either side by one of Los Maximos. “The team you see before you is one of the finest tag teams in all of the world. It is only a matter of time before they hold the WWE Tag Team titles. In fact, in order that they do not become bored with their greatness, I have challenged them to defeat every team placed in front of them – and only I shall decide when the moment is ready to attempt to – succeed in – claiming the gold.” [B]Rating: B- Funaki & Scotty vs. Los Maximos[/B] If anything, Mr. McMahon’s praising of Los Maximos seemed to set them off on the wrong foot in the early stages of this match. Scotty was easily able to control Jose, and only when he erred in going too close to the Maximo corner – leaving himself open to a rearguard assault from Joel – did he lose the advantage. As the partners switched over, though, the Mexican pair took the lead. Funaki was unable to break Joel down, and when he was brought into the Maximo corner, was unable to fight his way out. Although the brothers eventually let him out, he had taken a severe beating, and was easy prey when Jose tagged in and hit a Maximo Explosion for the win. [B]Winners: Los Maximos Rating: C-[/B] “Jonny, Jody, the Spitfires are ready to fly, I hope?” “Yeah, Steph,” Jody said. “We’re set. Who are we facing?” “Well, I talked to Mr. Long, and he thought you’d appreciate it if your first tag match was against Finlay and William Regal.” “Those sadists?” Jonny asked. “Why them, Steph?” “Well, all the other tag teams were busy,” Steph said. “You’re not exactly big names around here. Not yet, anyway. You have to sort of take the scraps...” “Fine, whatever,” Jonny said, looking sour. “But for God’s sake, next time you and Doug decide to spend the day in bed, can you leave us the key’s to the car? That way we can come up and arrange our matches ourselves.” “Oh, Jonny...” Steph laughed. “Cheer up, mate. You don’t always have to be so down in the dumps.” “Yeah, he does,” Jody said. “It’s his thing... Ever since that barmaid in Margate last year, all he does is mope.” “It’s nothing to do with her. And I’m not moping.” “You bloody well are,” Jody said. “I am not!” “You bloody well are, you lying tosser.” “Jonny, Jody, please,” Steph said. “We need to focus. William Regal, Finlay... Sound familiar? And Jonny, I’m sorry, but she was way out of your league, mate. You need to get over her. Maybe you can meet one of the Divas?” “A Diva? Steph, you think some scrubber from Margate was out of his league, but you think a Diva-“ “Jody!” “Oh, right... nah, she’s right, mate. Try and hook up with that Ashley bird, or that Gail. You always liked brunettes, right?” They grinned hopefully at Jonny, who stared back at them, before slowly lifting up his right hand, middle and index fingers pointed skyward. “That’s the spirit!” [B]Rating: C[/B] “God, what a pack of ingrates,” William Regal announced, watching a monitor. “And to think, they’re representing England now. It’s worse than having Steve McClaren in charge of the football team! Pack of bloody chavs, the lot of them.” “Nice thing about chavs, though,” Finlay said. “They’re not usually too hard to knock out. One, two, maybe three shots... And they’re down.” “Yes, well, in that at least we’re agreed. We’ll slap the lot of them back to bloody Dagenham, and show the world what proper Englishmen are about!” William walked off, leaving Finlay to look annoyed at being called English. [B]Rating: B- The Spitfires vs. Wiliam Regal[/B] The Spitfires kicked this match off with double dropkicks on their opponents. The four men fought in the ring for several moments before Regal and Cruise tumbled through the ropes, where the wily veteran was able to use a camera cable to choke the younger man as the referee was busy with Fleisch and Finlay. Finlay was able to boss the match for a spell as he resorted to gutter fighting tactis, including stomping a mudhole in his opponent in the corner before catching him with a wicked looking boot to the face. As though to add insult to injury, Finlay raked Fleisch’s eyes with the laces of his boots. The older man made a mistake, however, in crouching too early on a backdrop attempt, as Fleisch rolled over his back and made the tag to Cruise, who entered the ring warily. Cruise was right to be cautious, as Finlay ran him over with a brutal clothesline, targeting the youngster’s injured neck. A Stun Gun further tested Cruise’s resiliences, especially as it was followed by a Million Dollar Dream that saw his hand drop twice. Digging deep within himself, Cruise found the strength to break free, twisting himself and planting Finlay with a back suplex that left the Belfast native folded in two on the mat. As Cruise struggled to regain his breath, Finlay rolled backwards and into his corner, tagging Regal in. Regal entered, pausing to taunt Fleisch, who tried to enter as Cruise climbed back to his feet. As the referee went to block Fleisch’s entry, Regal lashed out, catching Cruise in the throat with what replays showed to be a set of brass knuckles. Cruise crashed to the mat, clutching at his throat as Regal dropped on top. The referee counted three to deal the newcomers their first loss. [B]Winners: The British Empire Rating: B-[/B] “Welcome to another fabulous edition of Life Through a Lens, and I am your host, Alex Shelley!” Shelley looked up from the camcorder that he had mounted on a tripod in the middle of the ring. “And my guest today is SmackDown’s very own avenging angel, Matt Hardy!” Hardy’s new music – Evanescence’ [I]Bring Me Back To Life[/I] for those of you with iTunes – hit the PA and out came the Angelic Diablo himself, looking impassive in a trenchcoat and dark glasses. “Matt, welcome, come in, put your feet up...” Shelley waved to a psychiatrist’s couch. Hardy sat down, but did not lie back. “So, Matt,” Shelley said, getting back behind the camcorder and peering through the viewfinder. “You’re the self-appointed vigilante in charge of bring justice to the cheats and traitors here on SmackDown. What sort of person picks that as a life?” “Someone tired of always being beaten down in their life,” Matt replied. “Someone who wants justice.” “And do you just restrict yourself to SmackDown?” Shelley asked, glancing up and over the top of the camera. “Or if you’re in a hotel and you see someone dropping litter, do you get involved there as well?” “I help where needed. Wherever I can,” Hardy replied. “I can’t be everywhere – and there’s enough deceit and betrayal here to keep me busy. Like the way you cheated to beat Gunner Scott a couple of weeks ago, for instance.” Hardy stood, glowering at Shelley as we see the view from the camcorder. “But I understand that you’re facing Shannon Moore at SummerSlam, is that right?” “That’s right.” “And how will you cope, facing the man who left you to strike out on his own?” “The same way that I face all other betrayals – I overcome them, and I will overcome Shannon. He calls himself the Reject now – well, I never rejected him. Had he stayed, we could have done almost anything together. But he chose to abandon me. He left me, when I turned to him for assistance. Now I shall show him the power of vengeance. He will know what it is to take the beating that I have.” “So you’re, what, going to make his brother abandon him, sleep with his girlfriend, and then get him fired?” Matt Hardy glared at the camcorder as the show cut to commercial. [B]Rating: C- Tajiri vs. Low Ki[/B] A more closely fought battle than Low Ki had previously been faced with, as the self-proclaimed warrior was faced with one of the Orient’s finest, Tajiri. The two exchanged kicks that cracked loudly enough to echo in the nose bleed seats, and both men showed off their agility, Low Ki landing a handspring spinning kick, Tajiri retaliating with a handspring elbow. Tajiri’s weakness lay in his inability to quickly break Low Ki’s submission holds, however. The taciturn worker focused on his opponent’s head, keeping the Japanese wrestler grounded in the centre of the ring whenever he applied a hold. In the end, despite Tajiri’s battling best efforts, Low Ki was able to snare in a Dragon Clutch for the submission victory in this heated clash. [B]Winner: Low Ki Rating: B-[/B] “Impressive – but still ultimately not a challenge worthy of my abilities,” the double-tough warrior proclaimed. “Who will face me next?” A familiar drumbeat stirred the crowd, before the full orchestral performance of a certain piratical theme marked the return of Burchill to SmackDown. The pirate swung from the top of the big screen, landing smoothly in the walkway and walking up the steps without breaking stride. Stepping between the ropes, he glanced one way, and then the other, before going for his belt- -and pulling out a microphone. Leaning in closer to Low Ki, Burchill said, “Between you and me, mate, the picking are pretty thin in this here port. There’s a World’s Strongest Man who got his timbers shivered by a footballer – and not a real one, at that. There’s a Rabid Wolverine – but I think you’ve already run into him. Or over, maybe. There’s a King, but he hides behind his Queen’s skirts.” Burchill glanced both ways again, before leaning in once more. “Now, it so happens that I’m looking for a fight meself since coming back to these waters. What say you, me fine balding buccaneering belligerent mate? Come this SummerSlam, we find out whether Cap’n Burchill had what it takes to face off against your old self?” [B]Rating: B-[/B] Low Ki raised his microphone. “You’re on.” He paused, and then grinned, very, very slightly. “Savvy?” [B]Rating: C+[/B] A hype video played, promoting the upcoming triple threat match between Paul London, Mark Briscoe and Jamie Noble. [B]Rating: C- Paul London vs. Mark Briscoe vs. Jamie Noble[/B] London started quickly, eager to end his team’s recent run of bad form. He blitzed both opponents with dropsaults, before sending Noble to the outside with a clothesline. London then focused all his attention on Mark Briscoe, the youngest of the competitors in the match and the least experienced. London dominated the match, wrestling a much more aggressive style that would usually be the case, and it was clear that he was eager to put an end to the undistinguished run that his team with Kendrick was on. Using slams and strikes, London wore Briscoe down, before breaking out the high-impact aerials. The move into high risk territory came with a cost, however. Noble had been lying in wait outside the ring, and when London mounted the turnbuckles for the first time, he pounced. Shoving London off the top rope, Noble sent him tumbling to the mat outside, where he landed messily, and seemed to be knocked silly. Noble took advantage of London’s incapacitation by going straight to work on the worn-down Briscoe, with a style even more aggressive than London’s. Tow powerbombs and a spinning back suplex left the younger man reeling, before he was able to recover with a drop toe hold that left Noble gasping for air, his throat draped across the second rope. Briscoe pounced on his back, leaving the Pitbull choking and giving Mark the chance to take the lead in the match for the first time. However, it wasn’t to be. London grabbed his legs from behind and tripped him up, before hauling him to the arena floor. A series of hard kicks doubled him over, before London whipped him into the ringpost, leaving him crumpled up on the floor, and out of the match. London returned to the ring, pausing to look down at Briscoe and grin. Noble used the opportunity to deliver a shoulderblock to London's gut, and lifted him up into a vertical suplex - but at the last moment stalled, dropped London forward across the ropes and used the added momentum for a whiplash brainbuster that left London out on the map. Noble covered for two, before pulling London's shoulder up. He then drilled the barely conscious London with a DDT and wrapped him up in a camel clutch, which he held for four long seconds even after London managed to hook the ropes. London lay immobile in the ring on release, and Novle clamped on a Dragon Sleeper for the easy submission victory. Both the Pitbulls and the Briscoes held victories over the champions, with SummerSlam just a few days away. [B]Winner: Jamie Noble Rating: C+[/B] The King’s music struck up, and Queen Sharmell came to the ring. “My loyal subjects. There has been a change to your advertised lineup. The match scheduled for tonight between Gunner Scott and Alex Shelley has been cancelled. You see, my man, the King, your ruler, King Booker... Well, he wants a challenge. And so he’s personally selected Gunner Scott to show just how great a wrestler he is. I know you won’t be disappointed – as fine a wrestler as Alex is, well, he’s not the King, is he?” [B]Rating: C+ Gunner Scott vs. King Booker[/B] A strong match that highlighted how far Gunner Scott had come in a short time. Booker seemed to have underestimated Scott, despite losing to him on his SmackDown debut, and was on the defensive for long periods of the match. Scott, backed by Christy Hemme, looked particularly impressive in using a few new moves, including a half-nelson suplex that catapulted Booker across the ring and out under the ropes, where he regrouped with his wife, Queen Sharmell. This proved to be the undoing for the young Scott, however. Reaching through the ropes to try and grab Booker, he was instead met with the full force of the King's sceptre across the forehead, knocking him silly. Booker sauntered back into the ring, smirking at the unsighted referee, before hitting a BookEnd for the win. [B]Winner: King Booker Rating: B[/B] A hype video played for the worker hinted at last week, showing him doing great things in Ring of Honor and elsewhere, including the always-impressive springboard reverse DDT and various variations of the a move that Michael Cole identified as the Styles Clash... [B]Rating: A[/B] “Ladies and gentlemen, a moment, please.” Teddy Long stood at the top of the ramp, looking serious. “Now, this old playa had been in this business a heckuva lot of years. He’s seen a lot of things – a whole lot of things. He’s seen the next big thing, and the last big thing, and the plain old current big thing... “It is no exaggeration that this man, who will wrestle here on SmackDown for the first time tonight, is one of the finest prospects that I have ever seen. There isn’t a move he can’t do, a style he can’t fight... Ladies and gentlemen, please give it up for AJ Styles!” From behind the scenes came AJ Styles, resplendent in red trunks and looking purposeful and resolute even as he shook Teddy’s hand. [B]Rating: B AJ Styles vs. Simon Dean[/B] A dominant victory for the debutant, as Vince McMahon split his time evenly between hyping the newcomer and slating Simon Dean. Styles was in control from bell to bell, barely allowing Dean a chance to launch any offence. He finished the match with a springboard reverse DDT before hauling Dean up into a Styles Clash for the win. [B]Winner: Simon Dean Rating: C+[/B] Backstage, Booker T was counting fifty dollar bills. As he reached twenty, he held them out, and Alex Shelley stepped into the frame, taking the money, his camcorder focused on the King. “Always a pleasure, your Majesty. Anyone else you want me to not wrestle?” “Just... Keep your ears open, fool,” the King said. “If I want anything from you, I’ll be sure to holla. And I expect you to come running when I do, can you dig it?” “Oh, I dig, I dig,” Shelley assured him. “Do you have any words for your subjects?” “Yeah, as a matter of fact. The King is heading for Camelot. I have my Queen. I have my crown. All I need is my Excalibur – but first... [B]Rating: C+[/B] “Batista, you call yourself an Animal? Well, you’re on the King’s land, sucka. And I just declared that hunting season... is open.” [B]Rating: B+[/B] Backstage, and Josh Matthews is standing next to Ronald Gonzales, like Adrien Brody next to King Kong. “Mr. Gonzales, any words before your match with Mark Henry?” Gonzales shifted the US title on his shoulder. “Mark Henry, I took this title from you, fair and square. Now Theodore Long says you got some ex-champion’s rematch clause, so I have to face you again. That’s not how we do it on the football field – but okay. You want a second chance? You got it – I got no problem putting you down again, my friend. You have your rules that say you get another shot at me? Guess what – I have some rules of my own that I play by. And I’ll teach you some of them tonight.” [B]Rating: C Ronald Gonzales (c) vs. Mark Henry (WWE United States title)[/B] The champion went straight to work on the ex-champion in this hard-hitting clash of two strongmen. Gonzales favoured high impact, explosive attacks, relying heavily on his football background but also showing some small technical skills as he worked over Henry’s knee in an attempt to keep the bigger man on the mat. Henry came back into the match with a series of hard blows that staggered Gonzales, and a World’s Strongest Slam that earned a two count, but Gonzales was back on his feet. Henry met him with a boot to the gut, and whipped him into the ropes. He attempted a press-slam as Gonzales bounced back, but his knee buckled under the weight and he dropped to the mat. Readying himself, Gonzales waited for Henry to regain his feet, before launching himself forward with a crashing Spear that dropped the ex-champ like a sack of potatoes and earned the big man his first title defence. [B]Winner: Ronald Gonzales Rating: C+[/B] Backstage, the World champion had something to say. “Ken Kennedy, amigo... You want a title shot? All you have to do is ask. I’ll admit that you got my attention. Mi amigo Chavo is resting up at home right now – but rest assured he’ll be back for SummerSlam – so what do you say, Mr-r-r-r-r. Kennedy?” the champ asked, rolling his r’s. “Will you be at SummerSlam as well?” [B]Rating: B[/B] “Before I focus on tonight’s match, let me just say one thing. I am Ken-n-n-n Kennedy... And I accept the your challenge, Mr. Mystery B.O. At SummerSlam, you will see a new World champion... And his name will be Mr. Kennedy! “Kennedy... [B]Rating: B-[/B] “With that said, allow me to point out that tonight’s match is a useful warm up. Tonight, you will see the greatest super-heavyweight, the greatest cruiserweight, and the best all-rounder in the business in the ring. And our opponents? Pfff. An Animal, a Deadman, and an Englishman. Gregory?” Gregory Helms joined Kennedy onscreen. “That’s right. It doesn’t matter what size you are. It doesn’t matter how many years you have in the business. Once you step in the ring with me and my partners... You’re in there with the greatest! Muhammad Ali was the greatest boxer – and no-one could doubt that. Well, I’m the greatest cruiserweight – and right here... Well, in his own words?” The camera panned upwards, to reveal the Great Khali towering over his partners. “Pain...” he growled. [B]Rating: B[/B] Batista grinned at the camera. “The greatest? Ali? Not that you want to put any pressure on yourselves, hey guys? Doug?” Doug Williams stepped into view. “Well, if they are the greatest, I’m in the right place. That’s why I came here, after all. But you’re right – Ali? Lads, I have to tell you, Will Smith was nearer to being Ali than you are.” The camera panned upwards again to reveal Undertaker, smirking at the camera. “Ali?” Undertaker asked, before smirking again. [B]Rating: B- Batista, The Undertaker and Doug Williams vs. The Great Khali, Ken Kennedy and Gregory Helms[/B] The Great Khali charged straight at Undertaker before the match began, drilling the Deadman with hard rights, and nailing Doug Williams with a big boot for having the temerity to interfere in the beating that he was handing out. The Englishman was knocked clean across the ring, landing in the corner where he lay, propped up on the bottom rope as though awaiting a Bronco Buster. This left Batista easy prey for Kennedy and Helms for a spell, and indeed it seemed as though the ultra-****y duo would overwhelm the Animal as the referee struggled to get order. But Batista has a wily streak in him, and when Helms attempted a Shining Wizard, Batista caught him and drove him into the mat with a spinebuster that shook the ring. From there, Batista chased after Kennedy, who hightailed it from the ring, only to be blocked in the aisle by a chair wielding Rey Mysterio, who stood guard at the top of the ramp. In the ring, Taker managed to go on the offence for a spell, tying Khali up in the ropes, turning around just as Helms was rising to his feet, and obliterating the former Hurricane with a big boot and a chokeslam. He turned back to Khali, and delivered a thunderous boot to the face that knocked the wildman back through the ropes and out to ringside, nearly crashing into Batista and Kennedy as they brawled on the arena floor. Taker followed Khali to the outside, leading to a four man donnybrook as all four traded blows - an exchange that Kennedy, at just 246 pounds, rather got the worst of. Inside the ring, Williams regained his feet, having cleared his head from his earlier battering. Seeing Helms prone on the mat, he hoisted the Cruiserweight champion up and pulled him over to the turnbuckles, where he nailed a Revolution DDT for the pin. The bell rang, but the other four men in the match didn't seem to hear, as they continued brawling even as the show went off the air. [B]Winners: Batista, Williams & Taker Rating: B Show overall: C+[/B] * From totalextremewwe.net An updated SummerSlam card, as stated on wwe.com today [B]The Undertaker vs. The Great Khali[/B] in what is expected to be a proper gimmick match – a cage or Hell in a Cell are the most likely candidates. The two giants have been beating each other senseless for months, now, and Khali clearly has the upper hand. In a Cell, though, all bets are off – especially as it’s the Undertaker’s specialty match. However, Khali appears to be the one man alive who can take more punishment than Undertaker, and caging the match may just be playing into the big man’s hands... [B]Rey Mysterio vs. Ken Kennedy[/B] in a World title match, which Mysterio is expected to win. Although Kennedy often carries himself with the style of a veteran, he is only just out of his rookie year in WWE, and spent a lot of that time injured. Rey has the experience edge, and should hold off his younger challenger. We don’t expect this match to main event, given their lacklustre showing a few weeks back, and the expected stip for Taker/Khali [B]Kendrick & London vs. The Briscoe Brothers vs. The Pitbulls[/B] in a tag team title match. Kendrick & London have struggled since winning the titles from the now split-up MNM. After so long chasing, they now find themselves the targets for two hungry teams, both of whom see themselves as at least equal to the champions given recent results. Unless the champs can kick it up a notch, their reign could end as easily as it began [B]Batista vs. King Booker[/B] in a match that has sprung from their recent conflicts. King Booker is on a hot streak at the moment, while the Animal made his name by breaking the form of wrestlers on hot streaks. Somehow, we at tewwe don’t think this will be the end of these two men’s issues with one another. [B]Lance Storm vs. Tajiri vs. Gregory Helms[/B] in a match for the Cruiserweight title. Helms has proven to be dominant since taking the belt, and despite a few minor scrapes where his reign has been threatened, he is the longest reigning Cruiserweight champion of all time. Since their return to the WWE, Storm and Tajiri have had mixed fortunes, and look best suited for this level of competition. At another time, tewwe would have picked Storm, but Helms has looked on fire of late. [B]Super Crazy vs. Psicosis[/B] in what has to be the end to this conflict. Both men need to get over themselves and move on – Kramer vs. Kramer was dealt with quicker than this, and it’s now degenerated into tit-for-tat squabbling. [B]Chris Benoit vs. Joey Mercury[/B] in what is being billed as almost an exhibition match for the two returning workers. Both men have a lot to prove, as Benoit will want to show that his recent injury layoff hasn’t affected his ability to go in the ring, while Mercury will want to show that there’s more to him than Melina’s entrance. [B]Burchill vs. Low Ki[/B] in a clash of two hard-hitting workers, it’s quite something to consider that the self-proclaimed pirate, who has more hair than an Edge and Christian revival, is going up against the sleek, ascetic Low Ki. Expect some brutal treatment from these two men. [B]Matt Hardy vs. Shannon Moore[/B] in what is seen as a bitter grudge match. Hardy felt abandoned when Moore left WWE in 2004, while Moore has since gone on record to say that the then-leader of the V1 movement was stifling his development and using him as a shield and running dog. Both men have since reinvented themselves – Hardy as an avenging angel bent on righting perceived wrongs wherever he finds them, Moore as the silent, antisocial Reject. Expect a lot of bitter frustration to boil over in this one as the two revamped superstars meet for the first time. [B]Alex Shelley vs. Gunner Scott[/B] in the third match of their best of seven series. Shelley holds a two to nothing lead, and if Scott can’t get on the scoreboard, the series could be over by the end of the week. Scott has not done much of note since his upset win over King Booker, and this has led to some wondering whether he is a flash in the pan. Shelley, meanwhile, has been mixing it up wherever he goes, and clearly has his sights set on the top spots. A whitewash win in this series would provide compelling grounds for Teddy Long to give him bigger matches against better opponents. [B]AJ Styles and Ronald Gonzales vs. The British Empire[/B] in a match specifically requested by the British duo, as they seek to put a dent in their opponents’ momentum early in their SmackDown careers. Prediction time. The scoring is as simple enough: One point for each winner picked correctly. In the event of a tiebreak, there are three points available: 1. Which match has a last minute competitor added? 2. Who is that competitor? 3. What role do they play in the decision (Winner, loser, not involved)? The winner gets to book the first main event of SmackDown’s new show – WorldWide.

[QUOTE=James Casey] [B]The Undertaker [/B]vs. The Great Khali in what is expected to be a proper gimmick match – a cage or Hell in a Cell are the most likely candidates. The two giants have been beating each other senseless for months, now, and Khali clearly has the upper hand. In a Cell, though, all bets are off – especially as it’s the Undertaker’s specialty match. However, Khali appears to be the one man alive who can take more punishment than Undertaker, and caging the match may just be playing into the big man’s hands... [B]Rey Mysterio[/B] vs. Ken Kennedy in a World title match, which Mysterio is expected to win. Although Kennedy often carries himself with the style of a veteran, he is only just out of his rookie year in WWE, and spent a lot of that time injured. Rey has the experience edge, and should hold off his younger challenger. We don’t expect this match to main event, given their lacklustre showing a few weeks back, and the expected stip for Taker/Khali [B]Kendrick & London[/B] vs. The Briscoe Brothers vs. The Pitbulls in a tag team title match. Kendrick & London have struggled since winning the titles from the now split-up MNM. After so long chasing, they now find themselves the targets for two hungry teams, both of whom see themselves as at least equal to the champions given recent results. Unless the champs can kick it up a notch, their reign could end as easily as it began Batista vs. [B]King Booker[/B] in a match that has sprung from their recent conflicts. King Booker is on a hot streak at the moment, while the Animal made his name by breaking the form of wrestlers on hot streaks. Somehow, we at tewwe don’t think this will be the end of these two men’s issues with one another. Lance Storm vs. Tajiri vs. [B]Gregory Helms[/B] in a match for the Cruiserweight title. Helms has proven to be dominant since taking the belt, and despite a few minor scrapes where his reign has been threatened, he is the longest reigning Cruiserweight champion of all time. Since their return to the WWE, Storm and Tajiri have had mixed fortunes, and look best suited for this level of competition. At another time, tewwe would have picked Storm, but Helms has looked on fire of late. [B]Super Crazy[/B] vs. Psicosis in what has to be the end to this conflict. Both men need to get over themselves and move on – Kramer vs. Kramer was dealt with quicker than this, and it’s now degenerated into tit-for-tat squabbling. [B]Chris Benoit[/B] vs. Joey Mercury in what is being billed as almost an exhibition match for the two returning workers. Both men have a lot to prove, as Benoit will want to show that his recent injury layoff hasn’t affected his ability to go in the ring, while Mercury will want to show that there’s more to him than Melina’s entrance. Burchill vs. [B]Low Ki[/B] in a clash of two hard-hitting workers, it’s quite something to consider that the self-proclaimed pirate, who has more hair than an Edge and Christian revival, is going up against the sleek, ascetic Low Ki. Expect some brutal treatment from these two men. [B]Matt Hardy[/B] vs. Shannon Moore in what is seen as a bitter grudge match. Hardy felt abandoned when Moore left WWE in 2004, while Moore has since gone on record to say that the then-leader of the V1 movement was stifling his development and using him as a shield and running dog. Both men have since reinvented themselves – Hardy as an avenging angel bent on righting perceived wrongs wherever he finds them, Moore as the silent, antisocial Reject. Expect a lot of bitter frustration to boil over in this one as the two revamped superstars meet for the first time. [B]Alex Shelley[/B] vs. Gunner Scott in the third match of their best of seven series. Shelley holds a two to nothing lead, and if Scott can’t get on the scoreboard, the series could be over by the end of the week. Scott has not done much of note since his upset win over King Booker, and this has led to some wondering whether he is a flash in the pan. Shelley, meanwhile, has been mixing it up wherever he goes, and clearly has his sights set on the top spots. A whitewash win in this series would provide compelling grounds for Teddy Long to give him bigger matches against better opponents. [B]AJ Styles and Ronald Gonzales[/B] vs. The British Empire in a match specifically requested by the British duo, as they seek to put a dent in their opponents’ momentum early in their SmackDown careers. [/QUOTE] Great looking PPV man and boy do I love this diary. Your writing is great and proves that the WWE can be more than the meaningless drivvel that we have seen over the past couple of years. I especially gratfull that you are using the women in matches and not for stupid stuff, however if you really want a good womans division you need to get better woman. There are a whole bunch of really good ones on the indy scene that really put on some good matches. I love the Lo-ki push, however I never was a Pirate Burchill fan (one of the dumbest gimmicks ever!). Alex Shelly has what it takes to be a Main Eventer one day. He may not have the size but he has the charisma. Honestly I would love to see a feud between AJ Styles & Batista. Ive been waiting to get a chance at him in my current diary just so I can set up that exact storyline. The PPV should be awesome man, great job!

A shockin misuse of my posting privilegeshere to bump my own diary - but also to point out to Stallion that he needs to add in his answers to the tiebreaker. If anyone else wants to post their predictions - go for it! I'm hoping to write up SummerSlam sometime this week - but I've been snowed under with uni stuff these last few days, so it might be the weekend - hopefully no later.

[B]The Undertaker[/B] vs. The Great Khali Rey Mysterio vs. [B]Ken Kennedy[/B] by DQ Kendrick & London vs. The Briscoe Brothers vs. [B]The Pitbulls [/B] [B]Batista[/B] vs. King Booker Lance Storm vs. Tajiri vs. [B]Gregory Helms[/B] [B]Super Crazy[/B] vs. [B]Psicosis[/B] - DRAW Chris Benoit vs. [B]Joey Mercury[/B] Burchill vs. [B]Low Ki [/B] [B]Matt Hardy[/B] vs. Shannon Moore [B]Alex Shelley [/B]vs. Gunner Scott AJ Styles and Ronald Gonzales vs. [B]The British Empire[/B] 1. Which match has a last minute competitor added? Cruiserweight 2. Who is that competitor? Fleisch or Cruise 3. What role do they play in the decision (Winner, loser, not involved)? Loser Really tempted to go with Doug Williams in that match after he pinned Helms but he ain't no cruiserweight :-D

[QUOTE=The Stallion]Not sure I understand the tiebreaker question brother. Mind explaining them a little more?[/QUOTE] fordc's pretty much nailed it: Which match will have another worker added - he's gone for the cruiserweight title match Which worker is added - he's gone for Jonny Cruise or Jody Fleisch (it's only one worker, btw) What role will they play - They can either win the match, lose it, or not be involved in the decision - and fordc's gone for loser. That's all you need - hope it's clearer now :)

1. Which match has a last minute competitor added? Hardy vs. Moore 2. Who is that competitor? Jeff Hardy 3. What role do they play in the decision (Winner, loser, not involved)? Not Involved Did I do that correctly, or does the last minute competitor have to currently be on the roster?

[I]OOC: Finally, here's SummerSlam - uni work has been driving me crazy these last few weeks. TCP chose the winner of tonight's main event - alas I couldn't use his idea for the finish, as it involved Team England helping Khali, and they're faces, so...[/I] [CENTER][IMG]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a322/terrafour/summerslam.jpg[/IMG] [B]WWE Smackdown presents: SummerSlam! Sunday, Week 4, August 2006. Live from the Continental Airlines Arena, New Jersey, before an audience of 14,250 people and 343,361 viewers[/CENTER] Super Crazy vs. Psicosis[/B] The pay-per-view kicked off with in-ring action, as former partners Super Crazy and Psicosis squared off. The two cruiserweights went at each other with fury in their eyes, breaking out their strongest moves. Psicosis sent Crazy to the outside and followed him out with a plancha dive that left both men out on the floor while the referee counted to eight. Psicosis made his way back in, and ran the ropes to gain momentum as Crazy dragged himself back onto the apron. When Psicosis tried to attack, however, Crazy dropped down and pulled the top rope with him, sending Psicosis to the outside again. This time, Crazy was the attacker, and nailed a textbook Asai moonsault, even managing to land on his feet. As Psicosis struggled to his knees, Crazy was waiting, and blasted him across the side of the head with a roundhouse kick. The fight then moved back into the ring, with Crazy dominating his former partner until a desperation low blow from Psicosis earned him a breather. Using the ropes for support, he pulled himself upright, before hitting a dropkick to Crazy’s knee that led to the former masked star going to work on the joint. Before long, Crazy was limping, and unable to run. Psicosis used his speed advantage to control the flow of the match, until Crazy rolled out of the way of a moonsault attempt. With Psicosis struggling, Crazy grabbed him and pulled him up into a Crazy Bomb, just managing to complete the move before his knee completely buckled under him. Dragging himself across the mat, Crazy managed to fall across his opponent for the win. [B]Winner: Super Crazy Rating: C+[/B] After the match, the two men helped one another to their feet, but when Crazy extended his hand for a shake, Psicosis slapped his hand away and walked off, clearly angry with himself. [B]Rating: C-[/B] Backstage, and Finlay, William Regal and James Casey are sitting in a dressing room, watching Manchester United play Watford. As United crashed to the Hornets, Regal and Finlay looked angry, while Casey grinned. “Cheer up,” Casey said. “You’ve got a match tonight. I haven’t. Dunno when Mr. Long is going to give me a chance to prove myself.” Regal grinned, and nudged Finlay. “Well, if you want, I can probably put in a word for you.” “Really?” “Yes, I think I can manage that. Myself and Teddy are old friends, you know.” “Well, that’d be decent of you, William. A bloke’s got to admit, sitting around here, watching you guys go out there and fight... Well, I want to get my shot.” “Hey, leave it to me and William,” Finlay put in. “We’ll make sure you fight someone decent.” “Great. Hey,” Casey said, his eyes narrowing. “You guys aren’t setting me up, are you? You’re not going to get me in the ring with Batista or Khali or someone?” “Listen, as my cousin, have you ever known me try and play a trick like that?” Regal asked. “What sort of family would that make me? Actually, I thought that you might want to get in the ring with someone else from the old country – one of that Team England mob, maybe?” “Well, yeah... Okay. I guess that’d be okay.” He grinned. “Yeah. What better way to get into wrestling here in the States than fighting another Englishman?” “Right, that’s sorted then. You against Doug Williams? I mean, we already showed those Spitfire twerps what’s what here on SmackDown.” “Yeah, I guess you did... Did you need to cheat, though?” “My boy, they were getting far too big for their boots. One week they’d been here, and already they thought they were the dog’s, well, you know... One shouldn’t act in such a manner, James. You know that as well as anyone.” “Well...” “Good lad. Now, let’s get back to the match. You know, that Ronaldo is another one who needs showing what’s what...” [B]Rating: C+[/B] Bobby Lashley hit the ring, mic in hand. “Seems like I got left standing when the music stopped. Still, I may not have a match tonight, but I don’t mind a night off now and then – and it could be worse. I get to hang out with the Divas!” The Divas in this case were Ashley, Jillian, Gail Kim and Michelle McCool, who came out in pairs and peeled off their robes to reveal their bikinis. Each Diva was given forty-five seconds to dance around the ring, while Lashley grinned. At the end of the dancing, with Michelle giving the other two blondes the thumbs down, Lashley called for the crowd to cheer their favourites. By popular acclaim, Ashley was declared the winner. [B]Rating: B- Gunner Scott (0) vs. Alex Shelley (2) – Best of Seven Series Match #3[/B] Gunner Scott and Alex Shelley are coming to know one another quite well with this, their fourth meeting in the last few weeks. Shelley took the early lead, dropping Scott on his head with a brainbuster, and focusing on his opponent’s head and neck. But Scott came firing back with a hiptoss and a string of suplex variations that would have made Kurt Angle proud. Shelley retreated to the ringside, where he grabbed a camera from a cameraman, and teed up to smash the heavy object into his opponent. Scott evaded, however, and with Shelley overbalanced, grabbed him and delivered a devastating DDT on the arena floor. From that point on, the result was academic, Scott rolling Shelley back into the ring and drilling him with a half-nelson suplex for the pin. [B]Winner: Gunner Scott (Shelley leads, 2-1) Rating: C+[/B] As Scott celebrated, Shelley groggily got to his feet. With Scott’s back to him, Shelley grabbed him and nailed a reverse DDT, leaving him lying as he rolled out of the ring, heading up the ramp with his head clasped in his hands. [B]Rating: C-[/B] “Can you dig... this?” “It, Jonny. Can you dig it.” “This is stupid.” “Oh come on. You heard that pillock earlier.” “Yeah, but... He’s a pillock. Why should I care what he says?” The camera pushed into the dressing room and focused on the members of Team England, who were dressed up as the members of King Booker’s King’s Court. “Well. Bloody hell. Tea and crumpets. Tart,” Jody said, in an ill-fitting suit. “I’m a man’s man, don’t you know.” “Fight, drink, feck, Guinness, fight, stick thing, drink, fight. That would be an ecumenical matter!” Doug Williams added, adorned in shamrocks and carrying a box of Lucky Charms. Behind him, Stephanie stroked a sceptre in a vaguely suggestive way. All eyes turned to Jonny, who was sat on a chair wrapped up in shiny paper, with a Burger King crown on his head and a foot-long hotdog in one hand. “Dig it, I’m the King, suckas...” Jonny said, in a flat monotone. “Too bloody right you’re the King,” Jody said. “And if those ponces don’t want to bow down to you, well, give them what for – and a jolly good what for, at that.” “Drink!” [B]Rating: C- Matt Hardy vs. Shannon Moore[/B] As the taciturn pairing faced off with one another in the centre of the ring, Michael Cole ran down their history together. “These two men trained together, and fought alongside one another for several years. When WCW was crushed in the Invasion, Matt went out of his way to keep Shannon safe from being fired. Shannon was his follower in the days of v1... And now both men want revenge for what they feel was the unjust way in which the other acted. They were as close as brothers – and now they want blood!” Hardy dominated the opening exchanges, using his weight advantage to keep Moore grounded as he clubbered away on the smaller man’s back and neck, using a reverse DDT and a back suplex, as well as a number of wear-down holds. Moore came back with an innovative attack, raking his stiffened Mohican across Hardy’s face and into his eyes. Hardy staggered back, clutching at his eyes, and allowing Moore to land a bulldog and a kneedrop to the back of the head. Moore followed this up with a handstand, which he held for several seconds, before dropping forward into a legdrop across the back of Hardy’s head. Moore held his focus on Hardy’s head as he controlled the match, landing a DDT and sending Hardy through the ropes and into the ringpost as JBL admired his aggressive approach – all the while Moore maintained an unfeeling, unmoving expression on his face. Moore threw Hardy back into the ring, and climbed to the top rope, leaping off with a kneedrop to Hardy’s forehead that busted the larger man open. Moore focused on Hardy’s head, until Hardy was bleeding heavily, before pausing to bend over the prone Hardy, leaving himself open to a desperation cradle attempt that gained a two count. Hardy staggered back to his feet, seemingly giddy from blood loss. As Moore got to his feet, Hardy grabbed him for a Twist of Fate. Seemingly realising that Moore had his back to the ground instead of his face, Matt hit a variation that was more RKO than anything else, but it was enough to gain a three. Straight after the referee’s hand hit the mat for the third time, however, Moore got to his feet and walked out of the ring, not even looking at Hardy, who had to be helped from the ring, looking much more like the loser than the winner of the match. [B]Winner: Matt Hardy Rating: C+[/B] Backstage, Gregory Helms was schmoozing and cruising, swigging from a can of Red Bull with the Cruiserweight title over one shoulder. Stopping to chat to two women, he spotted Moore returning from his match. “Hey hey, hey buddy! Hey, tough break – I was watching! Man, losing to a crappy finisher like that – gotta hurt, right? I mean, I know that my Shining Wizard’ll put you donw – I shoed that a couple of weeks back, huh? Still, keep plugging away – on day you’ll get there! Hahaha! Gotta go, though – I hear that Christy Hemme is looking for me. Now that is a spoonful of sugar, am I right?” With that, Helms crushed the empty can in one hand and flicked it at Moore, who didn’t even blink. As Helms walked off, Moore turned to watch him go, as implacabale as ever. [B]Rating: C-[/B] “Burchill, Mr. Burchill, sir!” “That’s Captain Burchill, lad.” “Hey, sorry, Captain. Listen, you and Low Ki... You’ve come back from injury, and for your first match, you want to tie up with one of the most dangerous men on SmackDown – are you sure that’s wise? “Well now, there’s wise, and then there’s wise. You see, the only thing that matters when you get in the ring is what you can do, and what you can’t do. Now, I could work my way up the list, go after the rumhounds who haven’t won a match since Davy Jones just had a drawer, and not a whole locker... But I wouldn’t know for sure what I can do. So, if I go in there with that scurvy hound Low Ki... Well, I’ll learn right fast what I can do. And if it’s not as good as it could be, well, there’s no shame in losing to someone better than you. Well, there is, but anyone who passes comment, I’ll make ‘em walk the plank!” [B]Rating: C Burchill vs. Low Ki[/B] The two men went at it from the off, unloading bone-shaking blows and thunderous shots upon one another. Low Ki tried to kick Burchill into insensibility, Burchill retaliated with his still-surprising speed and nimbleness, including a standing Shooting Star Press that earned two. The fight spilled out of the ring, where the two men battered one another up to a nine count before spilling back into the ring. Burchill tried for a Walk The Plank, but Low Ki was able to reverse it into a crucifix for two. Burchill used his strength to box Low Ki into a corner, but he missed a corner charge and Low Ki launched a flying roundhouse kick that sent the bigger man into the ropes, where was tied up. Low Ki then bounced off the ropes and charged in with a flying knee, the momentum carrying both men back out to the arena floor. There Low Ki attempted to drill Burchill with a swinging roundhouse kick, but Burchill grabbed Low Ki and hoisted him up and over his head with a release suplex. As Low Ki climbed back to his feet, Burchill snatched him up and across his shoulders, before hitting a rolling fireman’s carry. Burchill then tried to pick his opponent up once more, but he broke free and staggered backwards, falling into a guard position and forcing a stalemate, as the referee’s count reached ten, forcing the match into a draw. [B]Rating: B-[/B] Backstage, and Christy Hemme was walking along, arm in arm with Gregory Helms, and fawning over him. “I’m telling you, baby. Dump that Gunner Scott loser, and come work with me. I mean, where else will you get this close to greatness?” “Hmm... You have a point,” Hemme said. “Of course, I’d have to know just how great you are...” “That’s easy to prove. Here? Now?” Hemme looked around the utilitarian corridor. “Well, as tempting as that is... How about in here?” “One of the offices?” Helms asked, looking at the door she was pointing at. “With a leather couch, maybe? I like the way you’re thinking. After you!” As Hemme walked through the doorway, Helms undid the belt of his trousers and followed her in, closing the door behind him. From offscreen, Helms’ voice could be heard declaring “Close my eyes? Sweetheart, anything you wa- Hey, now that’s just- Woah, you like to be in charge, huh? Well, I’m cool with that...” The door opened, and Hemme exited, holding Helms’ trousers, as Lance Storm appeared from around a corner. “This doesn’t make us friends,” Storm said, reattaching a sign reading ‘General Manager – Theodore R. Long’ on the door. “I never said that it did,” Christy said. “But as you hate him anyway, I thought that I’d ask you. Thank you for helping.” “I just wanted to get his mind off the match tonight – that’s all.” Hemme gave him an odd look before walking off. Storm watched after her for a moment, before going in the other direction. Offscreen, we hard Helms’ voice again: “Christy? Sweetheart? Can I open my eyes yet?” [B]Rating: B-[/B] Elsewhere, Steve Romero was with a very serious looking Kendrick and London. “Gentlemen, you’ve not had the best of runs of late. What are your strategies for reversing that form tonight?” “Simple. We go out and wrestle the way we always have done,” Kendrick said. “It’s that easy. We have all the talent we need, we’re the best around. We’re the champions! And that’s not going to change,” London declared. [B]Rating: C[/B] [IMG]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a322/terrafour/WWEtagbelt.jpg[/IMG] [B]Kendrick & London (c) vs. The Briscoe Brothers vs. The Pitbulls (WWE Tag Team titles)[/B] With three men legal at any one time, the opening of this match was a cagy affair, with no man willing to turn his back on another to focus on the third. Kid Kash was the first to take a risk, tying up Kendrick and turning to keep Mark in his sights. Briscoe seemed willing to bide his time, and during the early exchanges he stayed out of range for the most part, a tactic that he and his brother had apparently adopted, with their committing to a confrontation only when advantageous. The momentum seesawed back and forth. Whenever one of the champions or a Pitbull held a decisive advantage, a Briscoe would step in and attack, forcing them onto the defensive while the third man recuperated from the damage they had taken. Although initially seeming like a smart tactic, this drew the ire of both opposition, teams, and resulted in an unlikely alliance forming with Kid Kash and London beating on Mark while Noble and Kendrick battered Jay. However, the champions were clearly ready to take advantage themselves, as London hit a dropsault on Kash to send him out of the ring, while Kendrick held Jay in place for a Noble Guillotine Legdrop, before whpping the Pitbull over to London for a flapjack. Kendrick then snared the groggy Jay and ran up the turnbuckles for added momentum as he hit Sliced Bread #2 for a successful title defence. [B]Winners, and still champions: Kendrick & London Rating: B-[/B] Backstage, and Gregory Helms was being interviewed by Josh. Both men seemed to find it hard to concentrate, however, and as the camera panned back, it showed why: Helms had been forced to don a pair of his old Hurricane trousers, the bright green clashing horribly with his purple shirt. [B]Rating: C-[/B] Kendrick and London were making their way out of the arena, freshly showered and cleaned up. They paused in the middle of the parking lot in shock, however, at the sigh of their car. It had been totally trashed, with the tires slashed, the windows smashed in, and graffiti all over the paintwork proclaiming the supremacy of the Pitbulls. The champions looked furious. [B]Rating: C+[/B] Backstage, and Tajiri faced the camera. “Tonight is my night,” he said, in heavily accented English. “Tonight I will once more become the Cruiserweight champion. Helms, you lost your pants. You don’t need a belt anymore.” [B]Rating: C[/B] The three opponents were in the ring, with Helms’ music fading in the background when Teddy Long’s music struck up and out strode the General Manager of Smackdown. “Helms! I didn’t appreciate seeing your bare ass in my office tonight. I don’t know what the hell you thought you were playing at – and I don’t care! Now hear this, it seems like you have a talent for getting up people’s noses, Helms, and that’s fine. It makes for more interesting television. But you can go too far – you have gone too far. So just to make tonight’s match more interesting, I’ve decided to throw someone else into the mix. Someone who I think is going to make your night even more interesting than it has been already. Ladies and gentlemen, you’ve already seen him tonight, so I’d like you once again give a big hand... for Shannon Moore!” [B]Rating: C[/B] [IMG]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a322/terrafour/WWEcruiserbelt.jpg[/IMG] [B]Lance Storm vs. Tajiri vs. Gregory Helms (c) vs. Shannon Moore (WWE Cruiserweight title)[/B] Despite having already wrestled in a gruelling match just minutes earlier, Moore started this match quickly, going after all three men with punches and chops, before Storm and Helms double-teamed him and drilled him with a double suplex. Tajiri blasted both me with stiff kicks, and focused his attack on Helms, who it quickly became clear was to be the target of much of the offence in the match. Tajiri locked a Tarantula in on the champ, only broken up when Storm superkicked the trapped Helms in the jaw. Moore surprised Storm by leaping from the top rope with a crossbody for two, and then diving onto the still-stunned Helms for a two count that was only broken by Tajiri’s interference. The Japanese star drilled Moore with a series of kicks, before bouncing off the ropes with a handspring elbow that caught Storm as he clambered to his feet, and left Tajiri the only man standing – but not for long. Having had the chance to recover somewhat, Helms grabbed Tajiri and made a desperate attempt at a Vertabreaker, only for Tajiri to hook the ropes with his legs and prevent the drop. This gave Storm the chance to charge in with a clothesline that tipped Helms over the top rope, while Tajiri held onto the strands for dear life. Storm turned and caught Moore getting to his feet, his expression as blank as ever. The two implacable wrestlers locked eyes, circling one another warily before tying up. Storm backed Helms into a corner, before cracking him several times across the chest with a series of vicious slaps. Moore, however, barely flinched, his steady gaze belying the red welts already forming across his chest. The exchange was halted by Tajiri, who had disentangled himself from the ropes and now drilled Storm with a dropkick. Tajiri then took his turn chopping Moore, but seemed thrown by the painted one’s unemotional expression. He backed off and Moore replied with a spinning kick that spun the Japanese star around and left him flat in the middle of the ring. Storm was met with a high back body drop that sent the larger man over the top rope to the outside. Helms, climbing back in, was met with a Shining Wizard as he was halfway through the ropes – a clear reference to Helms’ betrayal in their previous match. Moore paused again, as he had in his earlier match, to bend over and peer closely at Helms, as though examining him for some sort of experiment. Helms had no reply, so Moore hauled him up and dusted him off with a Mooregasm for the pin and the title. [B]Winner, and new Cruiserweight champion: Shannon Moore Rating: B-[/B] Vince had moved backstage during the previous match, citing a prior engagement, and we discovered here exactly what that was. He sat across a desk from Kristal Marshall, who was clad in a tight, low-cut top and micro-mini skirt. “So, Kristal, I understand that you’re interested in the position of my personal assistant... You seem to have grasped the dress code immediately, which is a good sign. Tell me, what else would you bring to the position?” “Well, enthusiasm, of course... And a willingness to work under the senior staff... I know my place, and I’m always willing to work long hours. I pride myself on always giving good service, and I think that you’ll find that I’ll be very good at the job.” Vince, pausing to pick his jaw up from the floor, nodded and smiled. “Well, that’s good, of course... And I understand that you’ve been spending time with Michelle and Gail recently?” “Oh yes... Michelle has been teaching me all about being prepared to take what I want,” she said, licking her lips. “Well... I have one more candidate to interview, but I must say that you’re in with a very good chance. Now, if you’ll let me have your phone number, I’ll be sure to give you a call so that we can discuss your position in more... detail...” [B]Rating: B+[/B] For the first time in nearly three years, Jaci-O’s [I]All Grown Up[/I] hit the speakers, and Stephanie McMahon came out onto the stage. “Well hello, everyone! Remember me? I’ve been getting a little bit bored at home lately, so I thought I’d come back and get involved here on SmackDown again... But my old position is taken, sadly, and I understand that Teddy Long has been doing a... adequate job in my absence. Well, I suppose that I could get in the ring and actually wrestle – but I’ve always preferred having other people do that for me. Hunter, Chris... No, I’m a manager at heart – a manager of champions. So I’m giving official notice to the SmackDown roster. If you want your career to shoot through the roof, contact me, and I’ll lend you all my expertise. I’ll announce my first client – or possibly clients – on Worldwide this Wednesday.” [B]Rating: B+[/B] A hype video, reminding people about the past achievements of Chris Benoit and Joey Mercury, who were set to meet for the first time in one-on-one action next. [B]Rating: C+ Chris Benoit vs. Joey Mercury[/B] Chris Benoit emerged, looking as intense and focused as ever. Joey Mercury followed him to the ring, looking jittery and jumping whenever a flashbulb popped on a camera. Without his MNM partners, he had no fur coat or sunglasses, and even his trunks were just that – simple navy trunks without and fancy designs or bling. Mercury thoroughly confused his opponent in the early going, backing off from every exchange and looking unsure of himself. Finally, Benoit snared him in a corner and unleashed a blistering barrage of chops that left Mercury hanging by one arm from the ropes and wheezing for breath. It seemed to occur to Mercury that he would need to fight back, and he tentatively threw a few punches at Benoit, who regarded him curiously before slapping the taste out of his mouth. This finally seemed to fire up Mercury, as he came back at the Crippler with a series of hard punches - before backing off again and surrendering his advantage. As the referee admonished him for his closed fists, he seemed to be checking on Benoit, his expression suggesting concern over his opponent's condition. When the referee stepped back out of the way, Benoit sprung forward with a hard clothesline that put Mercury down. The former tag champion took his time getting back up, constantly checking his mouth as though expecting blood there. By now, Benoit seemed totally confused by Mercury's actions, and moved to finish the match quickly. Sliding in behind Mercury, he flattened his opponent with the rolling Germans, before clamping on the Crippler Crossface. Barely had he cinched the move in, however, then Mercury was tapping. As soon as Benoit released the hold, Mercury sprang to his feet and offered Benoit his hand, thanking him for a good match as Benoit looked bewildered. [B]Winner: Benoit Rating: B+[/B] A hype video played for the upcoming tag team match between AJ Styles and Ronald Gonzales, and the British Empire. [B]Rating: C+ AJ Styles and Ronald Gonzales vs. The British Empire[/B] Regal and Finlay jumped Styles before Gonzales had the chance to make his way down the ring. A double suplex, followed by a double DDT left the youngest of the four men down on the mat before the bell had even rung. Gozales charged to the ring and blasted Finlay with a hard shoulderblock before wiping out Regal with a Spear that sent the Blackpool native through the ropes and out of the ring. Gonzales helped Styles to the corner, but in doing so left his back open to Finlay, who took advantage by hauling the big man through a belly-to-back suplex and putting the boots to him. The bell finally rang with Finlay in control. The Belfast brawler focused his assault on Gonzales’ back, showing impressive strength in hitting the former footballer with a backbreaker and a sideslam, before bringing Regal into the ring. Unfortunately, this gave Gonzales the chance to get back to his feet, and as Finlay turned around to take one more shot, he was instead met with a powerful clothesline. Regal backed off, but only as far as the corner. Gonzales seized him and whipped him across the ring, into his own corner, and followed up with a running corner splash before tagging in Styles, who immediately vaulted to the top rope. As Regal staggered out of the corner, Styles springboarded into the ring with a moonsault crossbody block for two. Regal tried to fight back, but Styles hammered him with a series of quick moves, nimbly escaping an attempted tie up by spinning on one foot and drilling Regal with a back elbow that sent him back into his corner, where he tagged out. Finlay had more success with Styles, hitting him with a series of hard punches that gradually broke through Styles’ defences, and eventually catching him flush on the nose, drawing blood. He followed this with a boot to the gut, and a facebuster, before drilling Styles with a DDT for two. He then whipped Styles into the ropes, where everyone but the ref and Regal missed Gonzales’s blind tag, so while Finlay blasted Styles with a spinning spinebuster, Gonzales stepped into the ring. Finlay backed off quickly, and tagged in Regal, who stepped through the ropes in trepidation – which was well bounded, as he was grabbed by Gonzales and hoisted up and over with a suplex. Finlay made the mistake of hitting Gonzales from behind as he stood up, only for Gonzales to turn around blast Finlay so hard with a roundhouse right that Finlay was knocked off the apron. Gonzales turned in time to see Regal getting back to his feet, and met his rise with a Spear that carried both men halfway across the ring. The three count was academic, with another very impressive performance from the Unite States champion. [B]Winners: Styles and Gonzales Rating: B[/B] Backstage, Rey Mysterio and Chavo Guerrero were walking. “So, you’re okay now?” Rey asked. “Yeah, I am,” Chavo said, rubbing his head gingerly. “Rey, listen-“ But all Rey heard was a resounding clang as Ken Kennedy popped up and cracked him over the head with a steel chair. Chavo moved to protect his friend, but shied away when Kennedy took a swing at him. Kennedy then hit Mysterio once more across the back, before walking off, leaving Chavo to tend to his fallen friend. [B]Rating: C+[/B] Mr. McMahon was shown in his office, preparing for another interview for his vacant P.A. position. He looked extremely dubious, and as the camera pulled back, we saw why. The candidate was a rather dishevelled looking Simon Dean. “You... want to be my P.A.?” “Absolutely,” Dean replied, flashing a grin that no longer looked whiter than white. “I need the money. Since you fired my clients, I’m living from hand to mouth. Last night, a guy in a bar said he that I had a cute ass – said he’d pay me fifty bucks if I showed it to him!” Vince shuddered, clearly repulsed. “And what happened?” “He didn’t pay!” “I see. Well, thank you for coming in. Send someone with a bottle of disinfectant, will you?” “No, Vince, wait!” Dean leaned across the table, his hands clasped. It became clear that he was wearing no trousers, although he did appear to have a jockstrap on. “You have to hire me. I can’t do anything else. I’m an ideas man – I’ll help you out!” “Listen – you have to help me. Vince, I went home yesterday, and my wife was with another man!” “Simon-“ “Our kids are calling him ‘Daddy!’” “Simon-“ “I think that he probably is their daddy!” “Simon-“ “She’s selling the house and moving to Morocco!” “Simon-“ “I have nothing left!” “Si- Nothing?” Vince, for the first time, looked interested. “Nothing!” “So, you’re completely broken?” “Completely!” Simon wailed. “No reason to carry on?” “No!” “So... You’d be grateful to anyone who gave you a break?” “I’d do anything for them!” Vince slowly grinned. “Well, maybe I have a position for you... Let’s talk. He grimaced as Dean stood up and attempted to straighten his jacket out. “Let’s get you some pants first, then let’s talk.” [B]Rating: B[/B] Elsewhere, there was a great commotion as around twenty wrestlers all converged on one spot. The camera pushed through the crowd, and showed Batista and King Booker in the middle, glaring at each other as the other wrestlers held them apart. [B]Rating: B+[/B] A video played, hyping the contest between King Booker and Batista, showing their history dating back to the Great American Bash and their clashes in the weeks since that event. [B]Rating: B+ Batista vs. King Booker[/B] True to Batista’s request, the sceptre was nowhere to be seen as King Booker and Queen Sharmell came down the aisle. Batista followed, vaulting over the top rope in an impressive display of athleticism. As the bell rung, he steamed straight into the king, using the ermine-lined cloak to choke his opponent before throwing it to the crowd. Batista then picked Booker up in a delayed vertical suplex, holding the King airborne for nearly twenty seconds before dropping backwards. A disoriented and pained Booker climbed slowly to his feet, shaking his head before Batista nearly separated it from his shoulders with a hard kick that sent Booker into the ropes. Batista dominated the next several minutes, Booker managing only sporadic offence, not even a low blow halting Batista’s assault for long. Only a desperate grab of the top rope prevented him being planted with a spinebuster, and when Sharmell darted into the ring to stand between her man and Batista, she was picked up and tossed onto her husband for her troubles, sending both crashing to the mat and Sharmell scuttling for the safety of the arena floor. This seemed to fire Booker up, however, as he came back with a series of punches before drilling Batista with a clothesline and a sidekick. Seemingly confident of success, he hit a Spinaroonie, but was met on his way back up with a shoulderblock clothesline. Batista went to the ropes, but Sharmell grabbed at his feet. Batista turned to berate her, and in doing so gave Booker the chance to get back to his feet. As Batista turned, he was met with a Bookend. He struggled to his feet, but was met with a Scissors Kick that, with Booker covering and Sharmell holding Batista’s legs out of the ref’s line of vision, was enough to secure the three count – barely. As soon as Sharmell let go, Batista leapt to his feet, and the King and Queen had to beat a hasty retreat as Batista glared at them from the ring. [B]Winner: King Booker Rating: A[/B] Theodore Long appeared in his office. “Vince, I don’t like the way you’re playing things around here. Now, I have no proof that you’re up to your usual, but I know you, playa. Don’t be thinking that you can pull your usual stunts here on SmackDown. I’m not Eric Bischoff. I got no problem standing up to you. Watch yourself, Vince. That’s all.” [B]Rating: A[/B] “Ladies and gentlemen, it’s time for the highlight of your evenings, the main event wherever I go, the star, the future, the next Heavyweight Champion of the Worl-l-l-l-ld... Hailing from Green Bay, Wisconsin, I weigh in at 246 pounds of perfection beyond measure... I am Mr. Ken Kennedy! “Kennedy...” [B]Rating: C+[/B] Backstage, Chavo Guerrero was facing the camera as, behind him, Rey Mysterio was being taped up. The doctor was strapping up his left shoulder tightly and securely, and it was clear that Rey had limited movement of his left arm. “Ken Kennedy, now enough is enough, you hear me homes? I’m sick of this ‘appear from nowhere’ crap. Tonight you’ll have to face mi amigo Rey here in a proper match – no messin’ about, no cheating, no sneak attacks... And he won’t have to worry about me messing things up either. No, it’s sorted. Prepare to taste defeat, Mr. Kennedy. ‘Cos you’re about to get beaten by il hombre de mil mascaras – Rey Mysterio!” [B]Rating: B- [IMG]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a322/terrafour/WWEworldheavyweightbelt.jpg[/IMG] Rey Mysterio (c) vs. Ken Kennedy (World championship)[/B] Despite Chavo’s ****y promo, Rey was on the defensive from the bell in this match. with his mobility limited, Kenndy was able to dominate the champion, throwing him around with ease, and focusing on his injured shoulder. Although Mysterio was able to counter a few of the moves, it was clear that he was unable to get the balance necessary for his more elaborate moves – and the 619 was impossible, as Kennedy taunted him by pretending to spin around the ropes. Mysterio mounted a rally by focusing purely on moves he could perform without needing much balance. A spinning heel kick even sent Kennedy to the outside to regroup, but it was clear that, barring a miracle, Kennedy would take the win. As Chavo backed off from a mean looking Kennedy, JBL speculated that it was only a matter of time until Kennedy picked up the win – the only issued being how much damage he’d do to Rey first. When Kennedy returned to the ring, he immediately attacked went back to Mysterio’s shoulder, drilling him with a shoulderbreaker and a kneedrop from the second rope that made Rey howl. That seemed to the signal for Kennedy, who picked Rey up and dragged him up to the turnbuckle, and hitting a Green Bay Plunge. Rey writhed in agony on the mat, Kennedy’s weight having all fallen on his wounded shoulder. As Kennedy posed and smirked in mid-ring, Chavo grabbed Rey and dragged him from the ring, carrying his wounded ally away from the ring as Kennedy looked on in disbelief, only seeming to realise that what he was saying was for real when the referee called for the bell and gave Kennedy the win – by countout. [B]Winner: Ken Kennedy Rating: B-[/B] Michael Cole, a satisfied looking Vince McMahon and JBL hyped the upcoming match between The Great Khali and The Undertaker from the comfort of their announcers table. As the Cell was lowered from the ceiling, Cole mentioned that Undertaker was the master of the Cell, with the best record of anyone in WWE. “But once that door closes, that doesn’t matter,” JBL commented. “Hell in a Cell is the most unforgiving environment known to man. Whoever you are, whatever you are when you walk into that thing... You won’t be the same when you come out again, win or lose.” “It’s always a thrill to see that cage lowering... And think of all the classic matches we’ve seen inside that cage. And I can’t help but think that we’re in for another amazing match tonight...” [B]Rating: B[/B] A video played promoting the upcoming match between The Undertaker and The Great Khali, showing their long history dating back to just after Wrestlemania, and their numerous clashes and previous matches – a sequence of events that Khali had dominated. But also shown were Undertaker’s Cell matches, destroying Shawn Michaels, Mankind, Kane, Randy Orton, Brock Lesnar, the Big Bossman and Randy Orton in various clips. [B]Rating: B The Undertaker vs. The Great Khali (Hell In A Cell)[/B] With the door locked tight and Daivari forced to watch from outside, the match finally came down to Undertaker vs. Khali – albeit with several tonnes of steel holding them in place. There was no quarter asked and none given as the two giants battered one another within the ring. Amazingly, Khali was the first to fall, Undertaker leaping high with a clothesline to knock him from his feet. Undertaker then rolled out of the ring, grabbing Khali’s and dragging him outside. Undertaker tried to smash Khali into one of the steel supports, but Khali was able to block. When he tried to reverse the move, Taker blocked. Khali then took out his frustrations by grabbing Taker and biting down hard on his forehead, opening a cut hat he immediately widened by smashing a stunned Taker into support bar. The sight of his own blood seemed to enrage Taker, however, as he staggered Khali with a string of powerful blows. He drove the taller man back into the corner of the cage, and then in a surprising display of agility planted both feet on the cage wall, grabbed the waist of Khali’s trousers and catapulted him into the ringpost, felling the giant and busting him wide open. With only a few minutes, and both men already losing blood, the action found its way back into the ring, where the two men engaged in a titanic test of strength that saw first Undertaker, then Khali, and then Undertaker again forced to their knees, before Taker headbutted Khali below the belt. Khali doubled over, and Undertaker grabbed him and set him up for a Last Ride, but Khali blocked the hold and drove Undertaker back into the turnbuckles. Peppering his opponent with a number of hard blows to the head, Khali hauled Taker out of the corner and dropped him to the mat with a DDT. Going back to the corner, Khali tore open the top turnbuckle, exposing the steel bolt. Busy with the task, however, he didn’t see Taker sit up, and get to his feet. Taker seized Khali from behind and rammed his head into the bolt once, twice, three times. Going outside, Taker pulled a chair from under the ring, before heading back into the ring where Khali was still sat on his haunches, clutching at his head. He looked up as Taker drew the chair back, and his face was coated with blood. He didn’t flinch as Taker swung, taking the chairshot across the face. Slowly, achingly, he toppled backwards, and Taker dropped on top as the referee counted: One! Two! Thre- Khali just barely lifted his shoulder before the referee’s hand hit home. He sat up, blood dripping from his beard and hair, as Taker hauled him to his feet. Setting him up for the Last Ride, Taker instead went for a ride of his own. Khali lifted him up and over his shoulders and, whether by design or luck, dropped Taker face first on the exposed steel bolt. Khali collapsed to the mat as Taker slumped in the corner, both men with blood dripping from their heads. Taker’s chest hair was quickly becoming matted with the blood dripping onto it. Khali’s blood was pooling on the canvas. The referee’s count reached eight before Taker stirred, using the ropes to pull himself drunkenly to his feet. Seizing Khali once more, he drilled him with a DDT for a two count, but Khali kicked out much quicker than before. Rising to his feet, Khali shrugged off the Undertaker’s blows, and sent the Deadman into the ropes, nearly taking his head off with a big boot. Picking him up once more, Khali went for a chokeslam, but Taker pushed him off and charged at him with a clothesline that took both men over the top rope, with both men landing on their feet. Khali was quick to seize Taker and ram him back first into the ring, before whipping him into the cage. Taker shrugged off the blows, and raked Khali’s forehead across bottom rope, before grinding him into the steel mesh. Khali retaliated with a series of wild blows, before Undertaker raked his eyes, sending Khali back and into the ringsteps, which collapsed under his weight and pitched him backwards to the floor. Khali struggled free of the heavy steel steps as Undertaker closed in on him, and each of the two men seized on one portion. But as Undertaker struggled to lift the much heavier lower portion, Khali hefted the top section onto one shoulder almost effortlessly, before wiping his eyes to allow him a clear field of vision as he swung the steps down onto Taker’s unprotected head with a clanging sound that reverberated throughout the arena. Taker was toppled, collapsing onto the mats as Khali approached, the steps still held in one hand. Raising them overhead once more, he swung downwards, crashing them into Taker’s legs, before repeating the process twice more and tossing the steps aside casually. Picking Taker up, he rolled him into the ring and climbed in after. Taker tried to get up, but it was clear that he was badly beaten, his legs buckling as he tried to stand. Khali seized him and picked him up around the waist, as though about to piledrive him. Thinking better of it, he lowered Undertaker to the mat, before dragging him up once more, but this time all the way up so that Undertaker was sitting atop Khali’s shoulders. Pushing him up a little further, Khali dropped forward, driving Taker down with a textbook Last Ride that shook the ring. Khali covered almost arrogantly, not even bothering to hook Taker’s leg as the referee counted to a decisive three count. Undertaker lay on the mat as the Cell was raised, allowing Daivari to enter the ring and show off his client, who turned to face all four sides of the area, arms aloft as his blood continued to stain his face and body as the pay-per-view came to a close, the vanquished Undertaker still and as badly bloodied at his feet. [B]Winner: The Great Khali Rating: B Show overall: B[/B] * With the disastrous ratings that it attracted during its short time on the air, ECW on Sci-Fi was cancelled. TNA Xplosion and OVW TV, among others, were also dropped, in what was a disastrous month for wrestling on television. Theodore Long smiled grimly as he sat back and ran over the setup for Worldwide. SmackDown’s new show would go live in just two days, and he wanted to put together a superb first impression. Having sat through Raw’s offering, he didn’t think that he could do much worse – seeing Johnny Nitro roll over former superstar Goldberg had been painful. Goldberg was clearly past it, but Raw continued to rely on workers like him, who had lost the fire and were trading on name power alone. Impact hadn’t been much better. Scott Steiner, Sting, and the former Dudley Boys made up the tag team main event, four workers with an average age of around 38, all of whom had seen better days. With Buff Bagwell, Kip James and BG James all on the show as well, Impact had resembled a legends reunion show. Teddy knew that he didn’t have that many big names – but at least his workers generally had youth on their side. The Undertaker had been destroyed by his younger challenger on three straight occasions now, while the World title was being contested by two young stars, and the tag team scene was bristling with youngsters. The future looked good for SmackDown, provided... Long sighed, and picked up the latest issue of the SmackDown magazine, on the cover of which was Vince McMahon, flanked by Los Maximos. [I]Provided I can get through the next few months...[/I] * The new show from the Raw crew had been an impressive debut, with Val Venis raising his game to win the Intercontinental title from Johnny Nitro in the opener, Torrie Wilson winning the Women’s title from Mickie James, and Edge beating Ric Flair in the main event in a remarkable Match of the Year contender. Teddy had been impressed – although that was tempered by what he had seen on Raw the night before. Still, it set the scene for WorldWide – he had a goal to aim for... * [I]OOC: Congrats to The Stallion, who beat fordc76 7-3 in the prediction contest, and so gets to pick the main event of our new show, WorldWide. Stallion, you should have a PM in your inbox with a complete roster for SmackDown soon - pick the match you want, set the stips - you're in control, effectively. The only control I'll exercise is if it significantly affects a storyline - and even then I'm fairly flexible (I think).[/I]

That was a great show brother! Your writing is superb to say the least. The main event I would like to see is between AJ Styles and Batista, playing off of there real life animosity towards each other (more on Batista's side). I am a little dissapointed that Khali beat Taker, but Taker is moving well past his prime and with a little training Khali could be a good big man (never as good as Taker but good nontheless). Great show brother!

[I]OOC: I'm using TCP's stats update, so the relatively low overness of the workers is causing low match ratings - especially in the first half of any show. At least, I hope that's what you mean - and not that the writing doesn't live up to C- matches ;) This dynasty is continuing, but over the next four weeks, I have my stag do, a dissertation to finish, my wedding, and my honeymoon, so I'm pretty busy... :D After that, it should be a lot less busy - maybe I'll be able to keep to a schedule roughly in line with the show's, and have two updates a week. Maybe... Anyway, onto WorldWide![/I] * [CENTER][IMG]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a322/terrafour/SDworldwide2.jpg[/IMG] [B]WWE SmackDown presents: WorldWide Live from the RIMAC Arena, San Diego, California before an audience of 4,642 people[/B][/CENTER] [B]James Casey vs. Doug Williams[/B] The debut show kicked off with James Casey squaring off with Doug Williams. The two Englishmen went at it tooth-and-nail, with Casey showing an impressive grasp of the fundamentals, as well as quite impressive aerial ability. Williams, however, was clearly the more experienced, countering and blocking Casey’s attacks more often than not. On the outside of the ring, Stephanie Williams and William Regal watched on in enjoyment and borderline disgust, respectively. With Casey trapped in the centre of the ring in a Williams abdominal stretch, Regal seemed to have had enough, and scrambled into the ring, only to be blocked off by the referee, making Williams break the hold. He whipped Regal into the ropes, only to be caught by a Casey dropkick to the side of the head. As Regal tried to take advantage, Casey grabbed him and ordered him from the ring, the cousins spending several seconds arguing before Regal stormed off. Casey turned around into a hard clothesline, before Williams dragged him upright and whipped him chest first into the turnbuckles, snaring him on the way back out with a Chaos Theory for the pinfall victory. [B]Winner: Doug Williams Rating: C[/B] As Casey lay on the mat, clutching his chest, Regal returned to the ring with Finlay at his side. The two men went after Williams, sending him to the ropes and hitting a flapjack on him, but as they attempted to press their advantage, Casey dived into the middle and backed the two attackers away, although they were clearly unhappy about it. [B]Rating: C-[/B] Vince McMahon and Teddy Long stood in the centre of the ring. “Welcome to a new era for SmackDown, and our new show, WorldWide!” Vince declared “We’ve already had a great opening match, and we’re looking to improve on that. We’ll be seeing the Animal, Batista in action, against the Phenomenal AJ Styles. Three of our titles will be defended tonight, with a rematch of sorts between Kendrick & London and the Pitbulls, Bobby Lashley facing Ronald Gonzales, and Shannon Moore making his first defence against Super Crazy,” Teddy added. “But first of all, let’s take you backstage, where my daughter has a very important announcement to take...” [B]Rating: B[/B] “Thank you Daddy,” Stephanie said, giggling. “Boys, come on in here.” Stephanie was joined by two young cruiserweights, clad in bright red tights and black sleeveless jackets. “You will have seen Jack Evans here once or twice before on SmackDown, I know,” Stephanie said. “He’s one of the best cruiserweights in the world. Daring, extremely agile, almost fearless. His friend is Teddy Smith, and everything that applies to Jack applies to him, as well. Together, they are known as Generation Next, and they’re in the hunt for the tag team titles, and with my guidance, they’ll win them in no time. Tonight, they’re going to show their credentials by beating one of the most overrated teams here on SmackDown – the Briscoe Brothers, who I know you all saw get their worthless asses handed to them by our soon-to-be-former champions at SummerSlam.” “You’re going down hard, Briscoes,” Evans said, softly. “It’s all over, jerkoffs. I’m gonna rip you a new hole, then my buddy here will splatter you all over the canvas with some psycho dive. It’s gonna be great! For us...” [B]Rating: C-[/B] [B]The Briscoe Brothers vs. Generation Next[/B] The Briscoes seemed to take offence to their belittling, and flew out of the blocks, hitting hard clotheslines on both GenNexters before Stephanie had the chance to leave the ring. The brothers dominated the opening exchanges, but fell victim to a double-team on the part of GenNext that suggested that they had considerable experience teaming together. Evans and Smith took control, pounding Jay with high-tempo, high-impact moves, tagging often to take advantage of the five-seconds of double-teaming allowed with each switch. When Evans made a mistake, however, it allowed Jay to dive for the tag, but the ref was distracted by Steph, allowing the GenNext pairing to hit an innovative double-team move. With Evans on all-fours, Smith springboarded from his back, rolling in mid-air and grabbing Jay around the neck before driving him into the mat with a move that Michael Cole at ringside dubbed a Springboard Somersault Cutter. From there, it was simplicity itself for Smith to nail Mark on the ring apron and knock him to the floor, while Evans ascended the turnbuckles and leapt off with a 450 Splash for the pin. As Steph celebrated with her men, Cole queried whether her team would beat her father’s clients to the tag team titles. [B]Winner: Generation Next Rating: C[/B] Backstage, and Alex Shelley was in a neckbrace. “Welcome once more to Life Through A Lens. Unfortunately, someone else in on camera right now, as I can’t do much with my neck like this, following the vicious actions of Gunner Scott last Sunday night. Hey, I know we’re supposed to go out and fight, yeah? I’m under no illusions here, but I kinda thought that maybe Gunner, who’s supposed to be ‘good guy’,” he placed heavy emphasis on the words, with air quotes for good measure “would refrain from attacking me outside the ring. As for hitting a DDT on the concrete floor - what are you, sick? So here’s how it is: When I get fit enough to get back in the ring, there’ll be no holding back. Scott, you haven’t seen the last of me, you understand? You got me angry, and now I’m gonna have hurt you so bad, it’ll make this-“ he pointed at the neckbrace “-look like a Band-Aid.” [B]Rating: C Jillian, Ashley and Christy vs. Michelle, Gail and Kristal[/B] The referee had no chance of containing this wild fight as all six Divas got in the ring and stayed there, bar a brief interlude while Kristal and Jillian tore at one another outside the ring. Vince McMahon’s heavy breathing on commentary was quite scary, as the six women traded blows and holds. The chaos was brought to an end as Christy reversed Kristal’s victory roll into a rollup of her own, and snared a three-count that almost went unnoticed in the mayhem. Clearly, the issues between the women weren’t resolved by the match. [B]Winners: Jillian, Ashley and Christy Rating: C-[/B] “Bon soir, mes amis, and welcome once more to Quebec. I am Sylvan, of course, and while I know that you enjoyed that last match, with the scantily clad ladies, I am here to show you something even better – for here in Montreal, we have the most beautiful women in the world!” A montage followed of Sylvan chatting to women in galleries, cafes and nightclubs. None of them seemed very impressed by him, although he remained chipper. “There you have it – Montreal, the city with the finest femmes anywhere, n’est ce pas?” [B]Rating: C-[/B] “My clients,” Vince declared from the centre of the ring. “Los Maximos, the finest tag team in SmackDown history. You’ve seen what they can do. And Stephanie, sweetheart? I’m sorry, but your boys aren’t in the same league. “My newest client... Well, this young man has impressed me since his debut, no question. And recently I discovered that he was none other than the cousin of the Maximo brothers. Well, what choice did I have? The Amazing Red, ladies and gentlemen, under my guidance he will become the pre-eminent cruiserweight in the world. And while I have no personal issue with Shannon Moore, I have to say that it’s only a matter of time until Red takes control of the Cruiserweight title. Enjoy it while it lasts – Reject...” [B]Rating: C+ Matt Hardy vs. Gregory Helms[/B] Matt Hardy allowed the ghost of a smile to cross his face as Gregory Helms entered the ring, looking in a foul mood as he was dressed in a rather grubby pair of Hurricane tights. “Whoever’s got my pants, I want them back. I’m the greatest cruiserweight in the world – I demand respect! You – Matt! I’ve known you for years. I know you like to set things right where they’ve gone wrong. Well, someone’s stole my pants! Now, get out there and find them for me!” Hardy replied with a right hand to Helms’ jaw, and the referee signalled for the bell. Hardy took control of the opening exchanges, dropping Helms with a sideslam and a dropkick, before hitting a suplex and coming off the second rope with a yodelling legdrop. Hardy turned up the heat with a Twist of Fate attempt, but Helms shoved him away and replied with a superkick that earned him some valuable breathing space. The two went back and forth for the next several minutes, but whenever Helms seemed to be on the verge of taking control, he was bought up short by the need to adjust his tight-fitting tights. Hardy eventually took advantage as Helms adjusted himself before turning around into a Twist of Fate that earned the Angelic Diablo a victory over a noted traitor – and got the traitor an embarrassing defeat. [B]Winner: Matt Hardy Rating: C+[/B] Backstage, Ken Kennedy was celebrating his recent victory over World champion Rey Mysterio by parting with Gail Kim. Kennedy and Kim seemed to be getting on very well indeed. [B]Rating: C+[/B] A video played showing the aftermath of Shannon Moore’s Cruiserweight title win at SummerSlam. Moore had accepted his new belt unsmilingly, and indeed had shown no reaction to his shock victory. [B]Rating: C-[/B] [IMG]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a322/terrafour/WWEcruiserbelt.jpg[/IMG] [B]Super Crazy vs. Shannon Moore (c) (WWE Cruiserweight championship)[/B] The two cruiserweights could hardly have been more different in their entrances. The always-hyper Super Crazy had flipped over the ropes after circling the ring area and slapping hands with everyone, while Moore stalked down to ringside, eyes locked on the ring, his gaze not wavering as he slid under the bottom rope. The two wrestlers got straight down to business, firing rapid attacks at one another. Neither man seemed to have a clear advantage until Moore unexpectedly headbutted Crazy full in the face, staggering the Mexican and leaving him open to a bulldog, which Moore followed with a legdrop before going up to the top rope and hitting a Halo for the pin and his first title defence. Moore showed no emotion as he took the belt back. [B]Winner: Shannon Moore Rating: C+[/B] Kendrick & London were in the ring before their latest title defence. “The challenges keep coming, and we keep knocking them outta the field,” Kendrick declared. “We had a rough patch last month, but we emerged better than ever.” “Kendrick, London,” London said, pointing first to his partner, than himself. “We’re friends, we’re tag team partners, we’re two of the best wrestlers around. Together, we’re unstoppable. Of course, there’s always someone who’ll try...” “At SummerSlam, we defeated the Briscoes and the Pitbulls in a three-way dance. Now, the Pitbulls took offence to losing that match – we hear they think that since they weren’t pinned outright, they deserve another shot.” “We disagree.” “But you got out attention, trashing our car like that.” “We didn’t like it.” “So here’s what we’ll do: You got your chance. You’re going to get in the ring with the champs. We’ll put the belts on the line, just so that when we beat you, there’s no excuses, no more messing around.” “We’ll beat you, and you’ll shut up. Hopefully.” “So congratulations, Pitbulls. You pissed us off. Now come down here and get beaten like a man – or like a dog.” [B]Rating: C[/B] [IMG]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a322/terrafour/WWEtagbelt.jpg[/IMG] [B]Kendrick & London (c) vs. The Pitbulls (WWE Tag Team championship)[/B] The four men started things off slowly, with each of the four being so similar in style and talent, that there was effectively a stalemate for the first few minutes. Finally, Kash caught a lucky break, luring Kendrick back into the Pitbulls corner and leaving him open to an attack from behind by Noble. While London protested, the Pitbulls double-teamed Kendrick, even drilling him with a double powerbomb that saw Noble leaping off the top rope and driving Kendrick down while Kash held him. London was forced to break the count, and as the referee forced him out once more, the Pitbulls dragged the battered Kendrick through another series of double-team moves, ending with a Doomsday Device that was seen by the referee, who refused to count the pin. This earned Kendrick a break, as the Pitbulls too a turn arguing with the referee, and he fired back with a hurricanrana that carried Kash across the ring and into the opposite corner, where London took the opportunity to grab him and drop him neck-first across the top rope, while the referee was still distracted by Noble. On commentary, Michael Cole cheered on the turnabout, while JBL castigated his broadcast partner for sending the message that cheating was fine – so long as a ‘good guy’ was doing it. Meanwhile, London tagged in and went crazy on Kash, nailing a string of aerial moves, and sending Noble crashing into his partner with a Dropsault when he tried to intervene. The end of the match followed soon after, as Kash scrambled to his feet, only to be met by a Kendrick leg lariat, setting him up for London’s dragon suplex for a successful title defence. [B]Winners: Kendrick & London Rating: B-[/B] Backstage, and Steve Romero was with Burchill. “Captain Burchill, tonight you face Joey Mercruy, who seems to have taken a more passive approach to his matches of late. What do you make of that?” “Well, any scurvy landlubber who refuses to fight would get thrown off my ship, right quick. But in an opponent? Ah, ‘tis a beautiful, beautiful thing. You see, an opponent who won’t fight is an opponent who’s ready to lose – and that means that you and he have got the same goal in mind.” [B]Rating: C-[/B] “Well, er, here we are again. New show, new opponent. I guess, uh, it’s another chance to show that, well, it wasn’t just Jonny and Melina who made me a champion. Still, I guess they, well, helped. Quite a lot, really...” [B]Rating: C[/B] [B]Burchill vs. Joey Mercury[/B] Another impressive performance from Burchill as he continues his rehabilitation from knee surgery. Another underwhelming performance from Mercury, who once again barely offered any resistance to his opponent’s attacks. Although Mercury did manage to gain the advantage when he vaulted impressively over a charging Burchill, he hesitated so long that Burchill took the control of the match back, and didn’t relinquish it again, finally making Mercury Walk The Plank for the victory. “What the hell is wrong with Joey Mercury?” JBL demanded, as the former tag champ walked away from the ring. “It seems like he’s lost without Melina’s guidance,” Michael Cole replied. “He was so sure of himself as part of MNM – and now the Hollywood parties have followed Melina and Nitro to Raw, he’s not part of the scene anymore!” “Sounds like someone in need of some... advice,” Vince said, thoughtfully. [B]Winner: Burchill Rating: C+[/B] Daivari led The Great Khali to the ring, looking as arrogant as only someone who’s managed their charge to a series of decisive victories over The Undertaker can manage. “Tonight, you are in the presence of true greatness. The Great Khali has emerged from the jungles of India, taken on your fiercest warrior, and emerged triumphant. Cleanly, decisively, unquestionably. And tonight, I demand what my man is surely due – a match for the World title. Rey Mysterio, you have shown that you cannot even defeat Ken Kennedy – and it is only a few weeks since The Great Khali destroyed you. So, Mysterio, Khali has done everything necessary to earn his title shot – it only falls to you to name the date of your final match as champion.” [B]Rating: B[/B] Rey Mysterio’s music hit the PA, and the champ sprang from beneath the stage, mic in hand. “You want your match, how’s Friday night sound? But it won’t be the last day of my reign – just Khali’s first loss. And as for not being able to beat Ken Kennedy... “Kennedy, I know you’re listening, and I know you feel robbed by what happened last week at Summerslam, wlel, I don’t blame you. I’ve spoken to mi amigo Chavito, and he was just trying to protect me. But that doesn’t matter. Kennedy, when I get past Khali, I’ll face you again, one on one. I know you want this belt, Kennedy, so it’s up to you – name your time, and name your place. I’ll be there.” [B]Rating: B[/B] Backstage, Chris Benoit was sitting beside a monitor replaying his World title win at WrestleMania 20. “There’s a long list of wrestlers waiting for their shot at the gold. King Booker, Great Khali, Mr. Kennedy, Batista... Well, you can add me to that list. Rey, I’ve been your friend for more years than I can count, but you’ve got what I want. We’ve fought in the past, and they’ve always been classic matches. You’re a great wrestler, but so am I. Rey, I’m asking you for a match – I want my title back. Don’t make me come out there and take it.” [B]Rating: B-[/B] A hype video played, showing the impact that Bobby Lashley and Ronald Gonzales had had since their debuts on SmackDown, and showing their upcoming US title match as a true clash of the titans. [B]Rating: B-[/B] [IMG]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a322/terrafour/WWEunitedbelt.jpg[/IMG] [B]Ronald Gonzales (c) vs. Bobby Lashley (WWE United States championship)[/B] The two powerhouses traded thunderous blows to begin this match, neither man giving an inch as they exchanged punches and forearms that would have felled a lesser man. A Gonzales shoulderblock sent Lashley back a pace. His retaliation running forearm forced Gonzales back two as, for the first time, someone outmuscled the US champion. Lashley forced Gonzales back into the corner, where he mounted the turnbuckles and unleashed a barrage of hard punches to Gonzales’ face. This only seemed to provoke the former NFL star, however, as he seized Lashley’s legs and carried him out of the corner, before driving him into the mat with an awesome spinebuster that left Lashley stunned and easy victim to a cover that he was just barely able to escape before the three. Gonzales pulled him up to his feet, and nearly decapitated him with a clothesline, before crouching in the corner in preparation for a Spear that Lashley just barely avoided. As Gonzales turned, he fell victim to a Lashley exploder suplex, but was straight back on his feet, landing a hefty kick to Lashley's chest as struggled upright, and nearly sending him to the outside. Lashley landed in the ropes, where Gonzales took hold of him and hoisted him overhead with a military press before throwing him across the ring and into the corner. Lashley used the ropes to haul himself upright, but on this occasion was unable to avoid the Spear. He was able to drape his leg across the bottom rope to break the count, but Gonzales immediately pounced once more as Lashley stood up, and with the second Spear Lashley stayed down for his first clean pinfall defeat. [B]Winner: Ronald Gonzales Rating: B-[/B] Backstage, King Booker was smirking as he watched the ending of his match with Batista at SummerSlam. "Baby, your King is proud of you," he informed Queen Sharmell, who looked like the cat that got the cream. "I have to admit, I underestimated Batista. I'm man enough to own up to that. But he's no longer a problem - and it's time to move onto bigger, and better, things. Mysterio-" [B]Rating: B+[/B] Suddenly, the door to the dressing room banged open, and Batista stood in the doorway, glaring down at Booker and Sharmell. "Believe me - I'm still your problem. You shouldn't look beyond your next match, your Majesty, especially if it's going to be against me. You never know what might happen..." Smiling menacingly, Batista stalked off, leaving Booker and Sharmell looking a little confused, and very worried. [B]Rating: B+[/B] “Fans,” Michael Cole said, from the broadcast table. “You’ve just seen the Animal, Batista, giving a stark warning to King Booker and Queen Sharmell. But unknown to us at the time, Batista had a warning for another SmackDown superstar, backstage at Summerslam. A video rolls on the big screen, showing AJ Styles getting ready for his match at the pay-per-view. Batista entered the dressing room. “Hey, kid,” Batista said. “Hey, Batista. You ready for your match tonight?” “Yeah, listen... Everyone’s making a big deal about AJ Styles, you know? They’re saying you’re this incredible athlete, this amazing talent, all that stuff...” “Well, all modesty aside, I’d like to think that they’re right,” Styles replied, grinning a little ****ily. “I don’t buy into it,” Batista said, blocking the doorway as Styles tried to leave. “Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure you’ve got some talent, kid, but don’t go getting ahead of yourself. You do all that flipping and flying – and it looks really pretty. But it’s not real wrestling, kid. And you’re not going to make it big here in WWE unless you can cope at the sharp end.” “And that would be you?” “There’s no-one sharper.” “Then I guess beating you will prove that flipping and flying have their place.” “Oh, you want to go straight out there and fight me?” “Well, if there’s no-one sharper...” Batista chuckled. “You’ve got guts, kid. That’s good. But you’ll find soon enough that there’s no substitute for the ability to hand out punishment – and no-one can do that as well as me. I guess you’ll find that out on Wednesday night.” [B]Rating: B Batista vs. AJ Styles[/B] “That’s how we came to be here tonight, fans. Batista again AJ Styles, SmackDown’s franchise player against its newest Superstar – it’s going to be a classic!” “You have to think that, for once in his life, Batista is right,” JBL said. “Oh, what Styles does looks good, no question, but consider the math – you get hit by a three hundred pound man, it hurts a hell of a lot more than if you get hit by a hundred-fifty pound runt like Styles!” “Mr. McMahon?” “Oh, I’m just wondering whether King Booker will want to hand out a warning of his own...” Styles and Batista tied up to begin the match, with Batista inevitably outmuscling the much smaller man. Styles was forced back into the corner, where he took a meaty forearm to the chest that left him doubled over as the ref forced his way between the two. Batista reached past the ref and dragged Styles back into the middle of the ring, where he rather arrogantly attempted a Batista Bomb, only for Styles to reverse it into a DDT. Styles then nailed Batista with a pair of elbow drops and, as the Animal clambered to his feet, a dropkick to the side of the head that left Batista stunned, and easy prey for a second rope legdrop that earned Styles a close two count. This seemed to invigorate Batista, who shook off the cobwebs and caught Styles in midair as he tried a crossbody block, driving Styles into the mat with a spinning powerslam for two, before following it up with a suplex and a clothesline that spun Styles inside out. Batista, acting in an unusually ****y manner, toyed with Styles, slapping him across the head several times as he struggled upright. Styles sagged against the ropes, and Batista tried to hit him with a big boot, but Styles dodged, and Batista became tangled in the ropes. Styles grabbed hold of Batista and, using the larger man’s rope-bound ankle as a pivot, hopped over the top rope to the arena floor, twisting Batista upside down and cracking his head into the ring apron in a move that drew gasps from the crowd. As the ref struggled to free the helpless Batista, Styles slid back into the ring and dived into his opponent with a baseball slide to the small of his back. The referee admonished him, and finally managed to free Batista, who slumped to the ground and seemed to be in genuine trouble. Hauling himself into the ring at the count of eight, he staggered forward, a nasty bruise clearly visible on the side of his face. He seemed groggy, and unable to defend himself, as he took wild swings at Styles, who evaded easily and fired back with a spinning heel kick and a discus lariat that took Batista down. Heading to the ring apron, Styles waited for Batista to climb drunkenly upright, before springboarding off the top rope back into the ring, hitting Batista with a flying forearm. Then, in an impressive display of strength, Styles pulled Batista to his feet and lifted him up into a Styles Clash that left JBL speechless. Styles covered and earned a shock three count for a massive victory over one of SmackDown’s biggest names. [B]Winner: AJ Styles Rating: B+ Show overall: B-[/B]

• 2 weeks later...
[I]OOC: Ding, dong, housekeeping... You may notice a slight change in the style of the writeup for this show, with the matches getting an overview rather than play-by-play. That style will stick around for SmackDown, while WorldWide (the B show in all but name) will get a writeup similar to the ones that appear on wwe.com. Simply put, full writeups for every show would delay updates too much. Hope you all still enjoy the diary.[/I] * [CENTER][IMG]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a322/terrafour/SmackDown.png[/IMG] [B]WWE SmackDown! from the UIC Pavillion, Boston, Massachusetts Live before a crowd of 4,860 people[/CENTER] The Spitfires vs. Los Maximos[/B] With Vince McMahon in their corner, Los Maximos opened strongly, the chairman of WWE giving them orders that kept them on their toes – and the Spitfires on their backs. The two Englishmen took control, however, when Stephanie Williams distracted Mr. McMahon, allowing Cruise and Fleisch to dump Joel off the top turnbuckle with a double dropkick, before Jody hit Jose with a flying forearm. As Jose got back to his feet, a spinning elbow from Fleisch knocked him through 180 degrees, straight into a Cruise Frankensteiner that was enough to get the Spitfires the win. [B]Winner: The Spitfires Rating: D[/B] Ashley and Kristal had a Best Dressed Diva contest in which each Diva was given three minutes to find someone in the crowd who would donate an item of clothing to their cause. Kristal was able to charm a young professional into donating his Armani jacket – and thirty thousand dollar watch. Ashley persuaded a fellow blonde to donate her vest and jeans, provoking a huge reaction from the crowd – even if the girl was wearing remarkably sensible underwear. Hosts Brian Kendrick and Paul London awarded the victory to Ashley. [B]Rating: B[/B] “These fine young gentlemen are Generation Next. I know that you were impressed by what you saw on Wednesday – so was I,” Stephanie McMahon said, beaming. “And as for my daddy, well, we saw what Los Minimos are capable of earlier tonight.” “Just like that – Boom! The balance of power changes here on SmackDown,” Jack Evans declared. “Pretty soon, you’ll see what’s real, what’s not, and you’ll recognise – Generation Next is Generation Now,” Teddy Smith finished. [B]Rating: C[/B] A hype video played for Matt Hardy, highlighting his undefeated streak since returning to SmackDown with his new attitude. [B]Rating: C Mike Mizanin vs. Psicosis[/B] Two young stars who’d enjoyed mixed fortunes of late faced off next, with the more experienced Psicosis for once clearly having the better of a conflict. The Miz has brightened up SmackDown with his antics, but has yet to score a victory since his debut, and Psicosis extended his streak, scoring the pin in a fairly one-sided match with a Powerbomb. [B]Winner: Psicosis Rating: C[/B] Backstage, a man in black was shown fiddling with the door to Teddy Long’s office. Growing increasingly frantic, he seemed about to give up, when suddenly the door popped open, albeit snapping hiss credit card in two as it did so. He slipped inside the room and reappeared a few seconds later with a briefcase clutched to his chest, before disappearing down a corridor. [B]Rating: D[/B] Ken Kennedy was shown backstage, with Gail Kim and Kristal in the background. “Rey, you want a match? Well, forget it. Oh, I want your title, but Mr. Kennedy... Senior didn’t raise any fools. I’m not fighting you again, not while you have Chavo in your corner, doing your cheating for you. And here I thought you could stand on your own two feet – or is that just how tall you are? So, you are respectfully requested to bite me – and maybe come back and try again when you grow a pair of your own. “Kennedy!” [B]Rating: B-[/B] Steph Williams was backstage with her husband, who was working out in the background, warming up for his match. “We know that Low Ki is a tremendous worker, of course. He’s highly talented, and one of the most ruthless wrestlers on SmackDown. But my husband is just as talented, and he can be just as ruthless. Only a few weeks into his career here in the States, and he’s appeared in a main event – there’s big things ahead for my man, and Low Ki is just one more step on the way.” [B]Rating: D[/B] [B]Doug Williams vs. Low Ki[/B] An even contest between two well-matched competitors, but Low Ki had the edge in terms of high impact moves. While the two as often as not wrestled one another to a stalemate, the nimble Low Ki was able to step back and drill his British opponent with hard kicks to the ribs and head, an attack that Williams was ill equipped to deal with. Although Williams learned quickly, and was able to anticipate the strikes by the end of the match, he was clearly favouring the left side of his ribcage, and when Ki hit him with a Black Magic heel strike, and followed that up with a Warrior’s Way foot stomp from the top rope onto Williams’ ribs, it was enough to put the Englishman down for three. [B]Winner: Low Ki Rating: C[/B] “Bloody hell, you’re an embarrassment to the Union Jack,” William Regal declared, as Stephanie helped her husband up. Finlay and Regal stood at the top of the ramp, gloating over Low Ki’s victory. “You’re not wanted here,” Finlay declared. “You’re about as welcome as a policeman at a lock-in. We’re giving you fair warning, friend...” “Take your tarty little woman, your stick-thin friends, and your pointless self, and leave. Just go away. You’re not wanted, you’re not liked, and you’re not going anywhere. Not so long as we’re here to stop you.” [B]Rating: C+[/B] Backstage, and Christy Hemme was working out with Gunner Scott. “So, how are you feeling? What Alex said on WorldWide was pretty mean.” “I’m okay. I didn’t mean to put him in a neck brace – but he knows the risks as well as anyone. When you step in the ring, you always take a risk. We’re trying to beat each other – not kill each other. There’s certain things you can’t do, and you can’t try and hurt people like that. But accidents happen.” “And you’re okay to go tonight?” “Yeah – hey, what’s the story with this guy, anyway?” “Ugh,” Christy paused in her stretches for a moment. “Some protégé of Lance Storm’s...” “The guy seems to like you.” “Don’t even joke about it, please. Ever since SummerSlam, he seems to be everywhere.” “It’s kinda sweet...” “Gunner, I’m warning you...” “Okay, okay,” Scott laughed. “Let’s get ready for this match.” [B]Rating: C+ Funaki & Taylor vs. The Pitbulls[/B] Shoichi Funaki and Scott Taylor – the former Scotty 2 Hotty – wrestled under their full names in this match, and were wearing matching trunks and ring gear. However, this commitment to full-time teaming didn’t serve them very well, as they were kept on the back foot throughout by the aggressive pairing of Kid Kash and Jamie Noble. Funaki and Taylor were able to show some flashes of understanding, including a fine looking reversal sequence that saw Kash passed back and forth several times, absorbing kicks and punches before being hit with a double dropkick. However, this wasn’t enough to win them the match, as Kash was able to come back and hit a Dead Level on Funaki for the pinfall win. [B]Winners: The Pitbulls Rating: C+[/B] Backstage, and the Pitbulls came face to face with Kendrick and London. Before either team could do anything, however, Los Maximos appeared from nowhere and jumped the champs, beating them down to the ground. The Pitbulls watched calmly at first, before jumping in and beating on London and Kendrick as well. The two teams eventually grew bored of the attack and went their separate ways, leaving the champs out cold on the floor. [B]Rating: C- Gunner Scott vs. Bryan Danielson[/B] Bryan Danielson’s first match could scarcely have gone better, as he recorded a victory over promising rookie gunner Scott. While that is all that the history books will show, the reality is that Danielson owes a big debt of gratitude to Alex Shelley, who came down to ringside halfway through the match and waited for his moment. Just as Scott was beginning to turn the tide of battle his way, Shelly struck, removing his neck brace and slamming it into Scott’s back. Scott collapsed, as the cameras revealed that the foam brace was hiding a metal object, and Danielson was able to snatch an upset win as Shelley smirked, while reattaching his brace. [B]Winner: Bryan Danielson Rating: C+[/B] Lance Storm’s music played, as he joined Danielson in the ring. “If I could have your attention for a moment... This young man’s name is Bryan Danielson. He may not be much to look at, he may not have a physique built by the finest medicines man can make, or a snappy catchphrase ripped off some punk rapper, but he is one of the best pure athletes around, and a man that I am proud to be allied with. Many people have called me the best technician to come out of Canada. Well, in Canada, this guy has got people’s attention – and considering he’s American, that should tell you how good he is. What you’ve seen today isn’t a true representation of his talent – he doesn’t need to be helped to victory. With my training, and his talent, you’re looking at the future. [B]Rating: C Tajiri vs. Lance Storm[/B] As if to prove his point, Storm then faced Tajiri, and seemed to be on a mission to emphasise his own talent. Tajiri did his best, and at times seemed to have Storm in trouble, but Storm had an ace up his sleeve – Danielson, who had stayed at ringside. When Tajiri locked his former ECW colleague in the Tarantula, Danielson was at hand to release his mentor quickly, surprising Tajiri, who fell prey to a slingshot suplex and was quickly trapped in the Canadian Mapleleaf in the centre of the ring, with nowhere to go, and no option but to tap out. [B]Winner: Lance Storm Rating: C+[/B] Chris Benoit came down to the ring and took the mic, glaring at Lance Storm as he did so. “Me and Finlay, we go way back. Japan, the UK, the US... We’ve fought everywhere. Some people say that we can’t put on anything other than a great match – and they’re right. We understand one another. We know each other so well, at times it’s like looking in a mirror. Bu t there’s one other thing about me and Finlay – I’ve always been better than him. Finlay, if you think you’re the better wrestler, then come out here – and prove me wrong!” [B]Rating: C+ Chris Benoit vs. Finlay[/B] True to Benoit’s word, the match between these two ultra-tough veterans was a brutal, exciting affair. The Canadian and the Northern Irishman exchanged clubbing blows and thunderous clotheslines, while also each working to try and take out one of their opponent’s limbs. Benoit worked over Finlay’s left arm, while Finlay focused on Benoit’s right leg. The battle was close enough that it would only take one mistake to make the difference, and the mistake was made when Finlay charged int the corner, only for Benoit to avoid him, and Finlay to crash into the turnbuckle, shoulder-firt. Staggering out, he fell victim to a Crossface, and had to tap out. [B]Winner: Chris Benoit Rating: B[/B] “Rey, I’m sorry, but the answer is no.” “Teddy, you’re the GM!” “I know who I am, playa, but the answer’s still no. Ken Kennedy does not want to fight you – and that’s it. You’re the champ, you can’t pick your opponents. There’s more deserving people around than Ken Kennedy. He had his shot, and he blew it. Let it go.” Rey stormed out of the office, as Teddy shook his head. “Rey, you need to sort things out, or that belt won’t be around your wait too much longer...” [B]Rating: B+ AJ Styles vs. Mark Henry[/B] AJ Styles continued his impressive streak in his match against the World’s Strongest Man, striking his much larger foe from all angles, and using his greater speed to stay one step ahead. Styles’ innovative attack kept Henry on the back foot for much of the match, although he was able to inflict significant damage when he did have the advantage. However, Styles showed impressive resiliency, never allowing Henry to dominate the match for too long, and finally finishing him off with a Moonsault Reverse DDT. [B]Winner: AJ Styles Rating: B[/B] Batista came to the ring. “First off, let me say congratulations to AJ Styles. We’ve had our differences in the past, and I didn’t necessarily rate him very highly. But he came here, and he proved me wrong, and I have to respect that. “Now, onto less pleasant matters. King Booker, I-“ [B]Rating: B[/B] King Booker’s music, complete with Queen Sharmell calling for everyone to hail her husband, interrupted the Animal mid-speech. Book arrived in the ring, complete with sceptre, and the two men squared off, glaring at each other before Booker backed off, turning to Sharmell to hand her his ermine-trimmed robe. But as Batista looked away, Booker spun around, smashing the sceptre down on the head of the unprepared Batista and sending him crashing to the mat. Booker hauled him up into a sitting position and allowed Sharmell to slap his enemy several times, each slap sounding like a thundercrack throughout the arena. Booker tossed the barely conscious Batista to the mat, before dousing him with some royal saliva and waling off. [B]Rating: B+[/B] [IMG]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a322/terrafour/WWEworldheavyweightbelt.jpg[/IMG] [B]Rey Mysterio vs. The Great Khali[/B] In a classic tale of David vs. Goliath, Rey Mysterio faced a man some eighteen inches taller than him, weighing nearly twice his weight. Khali seemed unsure how to tackle the smaller man at first, showing a hesitance not seen during their previous encounter, when Khali brutally beat down the champion. Mysterio used this to his advantage, striking quickly against Khali, staggering him and nearly knocking him down with a string of lightning-quick attacks. However, an attempted cross-body saw Khali seize his opponent, and deliver a crushing bodyslam that earned the big man two. Khali seemed to be taunting the champion as he took control of the match, delivering brutal shots to Mysterio, and allowing him time to recover as Daivari screamed from ringside for him to finish the match off. The arrogance proved to be his undoing, as while he taunted Mysterio rather than covering him after a chokeslam that would have doubtless won him the title, Ken Kennedy vaulted the barrier and slid into the ring, before picking Mysterio up and drilling him with a DDT, behind Khali’s back but directly in front of the referee. Mysterio won by disqualification, and Khali went wild as Kennedy quickly ran back to the crowd, pointing at the ring, and signalling that he would soon have Mysterio’s world title around his waist. [B]Winner, by DQ, and still champion: Rey Mysterio Rating: B Show overall: C+[/B]

Love the new style of the show brother. Your using TCP1 roster split mod right. Man that mod can be brutal on the ratings huh? Makes for a good challange though, which I love. Hope to see AJ get involved with a fued with a big name on the roster to give him that extra push. I could see some GREAT matches coming out of a bout between AJ and Mysterio. The new format makes it easier to read and I bet easier to write. Good show!

[I]OOC: AJ vs Mysterio is a cert for the future - look for at least one match in the coming weeks, and if there's chemistry there, I'll likely make it a feud. In the meantime...[/I] Two good shows from the Raw brand, including a thrilling RVD-Edge tussle over the WWE title, and a decent Impact from TNA meant that all eyes were on WWE’s blue brand as it took up the baton for WorldWide and SmackDown * From thebattleground.net [QUOTE] A major Oriental star has been seen in Stamford this last week, along with two other Japanese wrestlers, who have had some exposure in the US. Teddy Long’s ongoing quest to expand and improve the SmackDown roster seems to have borne fruit once more, as this hugely experienced star is expected to debut soon. The two other wrestlers should be well known to tape traders and fans of the old ECW as two of the most talented workers the Orient has seen in recent years, but the most exciting of the trio remains the huge name, expected to debut on SmackDown later this week.[/QUOTE] * From squaredcirclenews.com [QUOTE] In breaking news, we have just learned that the SmackDown brand General Manager Theodore Long has not arrived at the Smith Center in Washington DC. With WorldWide less than thirty minutes from airtime, the word is that the scene backstage is frantic, as no-one seems to know exactly what the night’s booking plans are. With Long not available, Vince McMahon is expected to take over the reins – a prospect that the WWE chairman is likely to relish, and which has the potential to cause some major problems in the locker room.[/QUOTE] * From wwe.com [QUOTE] [CENTER][IMG]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a322/terrafour/SDworldwide1.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B]WorldWide report, 2nd Wednesday of September 2006[/B] It was a rough night for King Booker, as his recent actions came back to haunt him. Facing off against the red-hot Matt hardy, it seemed that SmackDown’s reigning monarch was set to defeat the avenging angel. Fate, as it turned out, had other ideas. On an evening when Vince McMahon assumed control of the matchmaking duties from an inexplicably absent Teddy Long, King Booker and his Court had three chances to emphasise their strength – and yet the trio of King Booker, William Regal and Finlay will surely want to forget this night ever happened. Regal was first up, given a match against Tatanka, but to his horror, the Blackpool native found himself falling victim to a Fallaway Slam, as the Native American warrior reversed his recent poor run of form. To make matters worse, when Regal and Finlay attempted to revenge themselves on Tatanka, they were chased off by Team England, who seemed to delight in the chance of some vengeance on their tormentors of late. Later in the evening, Finlay asked for and received a match against his long-time nemesis, Bobby Lashley. However, he faired no better, crashing to a Dominator. Finally there was Matt Hardy’s match with King Booker. The King seemed to have the edge after low blowing Hardy, but while Sharmell distracted the referee and the King went for his sceptre, he found it in the hands of Batista, who repaid last week’s attack by drilling Booker right between the eyes with it. Hardy used a Twist of Fate to get the win, leaving the King at the mercy of Batista – who showed none in hitting Booker with a Batista Bomb as WorldWide went off the air. Elsewhere on the show, the feud between Rey Mysterio and Ken Kennedy seems to be reaching its peak. Kennedy taunted Mysterio with midgets, leading to Mysterio costing Kennedy a loss in his match with Burchill. Mysterio issued another challenge to Kennedy, promising that Chavo Guerrero would not be present during the match – and this time Kennedy accepted. The match will take place on SmackDown this Friday night. Elsewhere, the Great Khali was in a rage backstage, needing five men to prevent him destroying the locker room. Khali’s rage is understandable – but he only has himself to blame. The Toughest Man Ever To Wear A Dress picked up another scalp, pinning Regal’s cousin James Casey. Vito must soon be considered a threat to the title holders – perhaps its time for a match with Ronald Gonzales? Speaking of whom, the US champ held off the twin threat of Gregory Helms and Low Ki. Helms was caught using the US title in full view of the referee and was disqualified, despite his protests. What was I saying about only having himself to blame? Helms, incidentally, was still wearing his old Hurricane trunks. Can’t this guy buy some new ones? Brian Kendrick and Paul London defeated Vince McMahon’s underlings Simon Dean and The Amazing Red in an enjoyable non-title match – and thank God Dean’s found some trousers at last, even if they did look like Gregory Helms' cast-offs. Kendrick and London will be back in action this Friday night, when they face Los Maximos, who defeated the Briscoe Brothers, the Pitbulls and Funaki & Taylor in an elimination match. Can Los Maximos score a second huge upset, and win the tag team titles? Don’t bet against it – they have Vince McMahon in their corner, after all. And what about the Pitbulls? I don’t think they’ll take their shock defeat lying down – that’s not their style, and they still have a beef with the champions. Joey Mercury seems to have found a new friend, hanging out with Sylvan in Montreal – even if the Ambassador did seem put off by Mercury’s indecisiveness, as the former movie star couldn’t choose between seeing [I]Crank[/I] or [I]Little Miss Sunshine[/I] at the multiplex. Finally, a major Japanese star is heading to SmackDown this week. Fans of WCW may remember him, and you’ll all soon recognise the legend known as [B]Jushin Liger[/B]. [/QUOTE] Final results: Matt Hardy def. King Booker [B]A[/B] Bobby Lashley def. Finlay [B]B[/B] Burchill def. Ken Kennedy [B]B-[/B] Ronald Gonzales def. Gregory Helms and Low Ki [B]B[/B] Kendrick & London def. Simon Dean and The Amazing Red [B]C+[/B] Tatanka def. William Regal [B]B-[/B] Los Maximos def. The Pitbulls, The Briscoe Brothers and Taylor & Funaki [B]C+[/B] Vito def. James Casey [B]C-[/B] [B]Show overall: B+[/B] [I]OOC: King Booker is the bomb. Vince was also great on the mic all night, and he had a lot of segments, so it’s great the crowd didn’t get sick of him.[/I] * From wwe.com [QUOTE]Superstar Profile In the first of an occasional series, we’ll look at one of your favourite superstars, showcasing their best and worst moments, looking at their future, and predicting what it may hold. For our debut feature, we’ll look at the former Mexicool, Psicosis. Psicosis began his career in his native Mexico, before moving to America in the mid 1990s. He worked in ECW, where he had a famed conflict with Rey Mysterio, a conflict briefly revived on SmackDown in early July. Psicosis moved to WCW and joined the Cruiserweight division, at times allying himself with fellow Latinos Juventud Guerrera and Eddie and Chavo Guerrero. Dependable and talented, Psicosis was always in the mix for the Cruiserweight title. Following WCW’s closure and purchase by WWE, Psicosis moved onto the independent circuit for a time, before resurfacing in WWE alongside Super Crazy and Juventud as one-third of the Mexicools. While Juvi went after the Cruiserweight title, Crazy and Psicosis focused instead on the WWE Tag Team titles, coming close to unseating Kendrick & London before Psicosis abandoned his partner, leading to a series of matches between them. On his own for the first time, Psicosis will be looking to emulate the success of other cruiserweights in recent times, including former opponents Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio. However, the World title seems beyond Psicosis, realistically, due to his primarily aerial based assault. The cruiserweights who have transcended the weight limits have added more facets to their ring style or, like Rey Mysterio, have honed their style to the point of perfection – and while Psicosis may favour a Powerbomb as his finisher, it’s hard to imagine him hitting that move on William Regal or Bobby Lashley, let alone Batista or the Great Khali. However, he can certainly be considered a threat to the Cruiserweight champion at times, and a wider repertoire may see him becoming more of a worry for the World and US champions. Of course, if Rey Mysterio manages to come through his current conflict with Mr. Kennedy intact, there’s always a chance that Psicosis may get another title shot, as their most recent match is a contender for SmackDown’s Match of the Year. And Mysterio is certainly a wrestler who Psicosis could Powerbomb...[/QUOTE]

[I]OOC: AJ vs Mysterio is a cert for the future - look for at least one match in the coming weeks, and if there's chemistry there, I'll likely make it a feud. In the meantime...[/I] Two good shows from the Raw brand, including a thrilling RVD-Edge tussle over the WWE title, and a decent Impact from TNA meant that all eyes were on WWE’s blue brand as it took up the baton for WorldWide and SmackDown * From thebattleground.net [QUOTE] A major Oriental star has been seen in Stamford this last week, along with two other Japanese wrestlers, who have had some exposure in the US. Teddy Long’s ongoing quest to expand and improve the SmackDown roster seems to have borne fruit once more, as this hugely experienced star is expected to debut soon. The two other wrestlers should be well known to tape traders and fans of the old ECW as two of the most talented workers the Orient has seen in recent years, but the most exciting of the trio remains the huge name, expected to debut on SmackDown later this week.[/QUOTE] * From squaredcirclenews.com [QUOTE] In breaking news, we have just learned that the SmackDown brand General Manager Theodore Long has not arrived at the Smith Center in Washington DC. With WorldWide less than thirty minutes from airtime, the word is that the scene backstage is frantic, as no-one seems to know exactly what the night’s booking plans are. With Long not available, Vince McMahon is expected to take over the reins – a prospect that the WWE chairman is likely to relish, and which has the potential to cause some major problems in the locker room.[/QUOTE] * From wwe.com [QUOTE] [CENTER][IMG]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a322/terrafour/SDworldwide1.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B]WorldWide report, 2nd Wednesday of September 2006[/B] It was a rough night for King Booker, as his recent actions came back to haunt him. Facing off against the red-hot Matt hardy, it seemed that SmackDown’s reigning monarch was set to defeat the avenging angel. Fate, as it turned out, had other ideas. On an evening when Vince McMahon assumed control of the matchmaking duties from an inexplicably absent Teddy Long, King Booker and his Court had three chances to emphasise their strength – and yet the trio of King Booker, William Regal and Finlay will surely want to forget this night ever happened. Regal was first up, given a match against Tatanka, but to his horror, the Blackpool native found himself falling victim to a Fallaway Slam, as the Native American warrior reversed his recent poor run of form. To make matters worse, when Regal and Finlay attempted to revenge themselves on Tatanka, they were chased off by Team England, who seemed to delight in the chance of some vengeance on their tormentors of late. Later in the evening, Finlay asked for and received a match against his long-time nemesis, Bobby Lashley. However, he faired no better, crashing to a Dominator. Finally there was Matt Hardy’s match with King Booker. The King seemed to have the edge after low blowing Hardy, but while Sharmell distracted the referee and the King went for his sceptre, he found it in the hands of Batista, who repaid last week’s attack by drilling Booker right between the eyes with it. Hardy used a Twist of Fate to get the win, leaving the King at the mercy of Batista – who showed none in hitting Booker with a Batista Bomb as WorldWide went off the air. Elsewhere on the show, the feud between Rey Mysterio and Ken Kennedy seems to be reaching its peak. Kennedy taunted Mysterio with midgets, leading to Mysterio costing Kennedy a loss in his match with Burchill. Mysterio issued another challenge to Kennedy, promising that Chavo Guerrero would not be present during the match – and this time Kennedy accepted. The match will take place on SmackDown this Friday night. Elsewhere, the Great Khali was in a rage backstage, needing five men to prevent him destroying the locker room. Khali’s rage is understandable – but he only has himself to blame. The Toughest Man Ever To Wear A Dress picked up another scalp, pinning Regal’s cousin James Casey. Vito must soon be considered a threat to the title holders – perhaps its time for a match with Ronald Gonzales? Speaking of whom, the US champ held off the twin threat of Gregory Helms and Low Ki. Helms was caught using the US title in full view of the referee and was disqualified, despite his protests. What was I saying about only having himself to blame? Helms, incidentally, was still wearing his old Hurricane trunks. Can’t this guy buy some new ones? Brian Kendrick and Paul London defeated Vince McMahon’s underlings Simon Dean and The Amazing Red in an enjoyable non-title match – and thank God Dean’s found some trousers at last, even if they did look like Gregory Helms' cast-offs. Kendrick and London will be back in action this Friday night, when they face Los Maximos, who defeated the Briscoe Brothers, the Pitbulls and Funaki & Taylor in an elimination match. Can Los Maximos score a second huge upset, and win the tag team titles? Don’t bet against it – they have Vince McMahon in their corner, after all. And what about the Pitbulls? I don’t think they’ll take their shock defeat lying down – that’s not their style, and they still have a beef with the champions. Joey Mercury seems to have found a new friend, hanging out with Sylvan in Montreal – even if the Ambassador did seem put off by Mercury’s indecisiveness, as the former movie star couldn’t choose between seeing [I]Crank[/I] or [I]Little Miss Sunshine[/I] at the multiplex. Finally, a major Japanese star is heading to SmackDown this week. Fans of WCW may remember him, and you’ll all soon recognise the legend known as [B]Jushin Liger[/B]. [/QUOTE] Final results: Matt Hardy def. King Booker [B]A[/B] Bobby Lashley def. Finlay [B]B[/B] Burchill def. Ken Kennedy [B]B-[/B] Ronald Gonzales def. Gregory Helms and Low Ki [B]B[/B] Kendrick & London def. Simon Dean and The Amazing Red [B]C+[/B] Tatanka def. William Regal [B]B-[/B] Los Maximos def. The Pitbulls, The Briscoe Brothers and Taylor & Funaki [B]C+[/B] Vito def. James Casey [B]C-[/B] [B]Show overall: B+[/B] [I]OOC: King Booker is the bomb. Vince was also great on the mic all night, and he had a lot of segments, so it’s great the crowd didn’t get sick of him.[/I] * From wwe.com [QUOTE]Superstar Profile In the first of an occasional series, we’ll look at one of your favourite superstars, showcasing their best and worst moments, looking at their future, and predicting what it may hold. For our debut feature, we’ll look at the former Mexicool, Psicosis. Psicosis began his career in his native Mexico, before moving to America in the mid 1990s. He worked in ECW, where he had a famed conflict with Rey Mysterio, a conflict briefly revived on SmackDown in early July. Psicosis moved to WCW and joined the Cruiserweight division, at times allying himself with fellow Latinos Juventud Guerrera and Eddie and Chavo Guerrero. Dependable and talented, Psicosis was always in the mix for the Cruiserweight title. Following WCW’s closure and purchase by WWE, Psicosis moved onto the independent circuit for a time, before resurfacing in WWE alongside Super Crazy and Juventud as one-third of the Mexicools. While Juvi went after the Cruiserweight title, Crazy and Psicosis focused instead on the WWE Tag Team titles, coming close to unseating Kendrick & London before Psicosis abandoned his partner, leading to a series of matches between them. On his own for the first time, Psicosis will be looking to emulate the success of other cruiserweights in recent times, including former opponents Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio. However, the World title seems beyond Psicosis, realistically, due to his primarily aerial based assault. The cruiserweights who have transcended the weight limits have added more facets to their ring style or, like Rey Mysterio, have honed their style to the point of perfection – and while Psicosis may favour a Powerbomb as his finisher, it’s hard to imagine him hitting that move on William Regal or Bobby Lashley, let alone Batista or the Great Khali. However, he can certainly be considered a threat to the Cruiserweight champion at times, and a wider repertoire may see him becoming more of a worry for the World and US champions. Of course, if Rey Mysterio manages to come through his current conflict with Mr. Kennedy intact, there’s always a chance that Psicosis may get another title shot, as their most recent match is a contender for SmackDown’s Match of the Year. And Mysterio is certainly a wrestler who Psicosis could Powerbomb...[/QUOTE]

• 2 weeks later...
Well.... Damn. I started this game fresh from TCP's data, not altering or amending anything (bar putting my CAW in) that would affect SD at all. So I didn't notice that SmackDown had been set to noticably lower popularity levels than Raw had. So I didn't think much about the owner goal that said "...must not fall in size" And then I dropped to Cult. Had I twigged, I could have had Hulk Hogan and Steve Austin on my roster, along with Raven, Scott Hall and RVD, and that would have been sufficient to boost my popularity upwards, instead of the slight decline I managed. Of course, having been fired, I no longer have control of SmackDown - so this diary is no more. Thanks to everyone who's read and enjoyed this over the last couple of months. I'm taking a break from diary writing, probably, until 07 comes out - although whether I'll return with SmackDown I'm not sure. I guess we'll see how different things are then (case in point, RVD was still ECW and WWE champ when I got fired - in RL he dropped the belts within three days of the diary's start.) Until next time... * Oh, and for those of you wondering: The McMahon/Long feud was leading into a series of matches between sponsored wrestlers, with Vince's stable consisting of Los Maximos, Amazing Red, Great Khali, Grgoery Helms, TJ Wilson and Simon Dean, among others. Teddy Long's team would have involved Jushin Liger, Matt Hardy, Batista and in a shock that would have been revealed on the SD before Survivor Series, King Booker. At Survivor Series, Long's team would have defeated Vince's, forcing him out of SD, and allowing Teddy to break away from WWE and recreate WCW (hence the Second Genesis of the title - SmackDown's rebirth both as 'the wrestling show' and as WCW). Elsewhere, Chavo would have turned on Rey Mysterio (planned well before it happened, albeit that it was obvious since his switch from Raw back in the spring) and cost him the title in a triple threat with Batista and Booker that would have been an almost guaranteed A* match at No Mercy, as all three men had great chemistry. Not seeing that match happen was the biggest killer about being sacked. Batista and Booker's feud would have continued long-term, picking up with a double-turn at Survivors when an increasingly unhinged Batista nearly costs his team the match after seeing Booker bond and work better with the face team then he did. It would have been fun to write. Maybe some other time, hey? Oh, yeah, and if you're playing a diary game, [B]start as the owner[/B]...

Well.... Damn. I started this game fresh from TCP's data, not altering or amending anything (bar putting my CAW in) that would affect SD at all. So I didn't notice that SmackDown had been set to noticably lower popularity levels than Raw had. So I didn't think much about the owner goal that said "...must not fall in size" And then I dropped to Cult. Had I twigged, I could have had Hulk Hogan and Steve Austin on my roster, along with Raven, Scott Hall and RVD, and that would have been sufficient to boost my popularity upwards, instead of the slight decline I managed. Of course, having been fired, I no longer have control of SmackDown - so this diary is no more. Thanks to everyone who's read and enjoyed this over the last couple of months. I'm taking a break from diary writing, probably, until 07 comes out - although whether I'll return with SmackDown I'm not sure. I guess we'll see how different things are then (case in point, RVD was still ECW and WWE champ when I got fired - in RL he dropped the belts within three days of the diary's start.) Until next time... * Oh, and for those of you wondering: The McMahon/Long feud was leading into a series of matches between sponsored wrestlers, with Vince's stable consisting of Los Maximos, Amazing Red, Great Khali, Grgoery Helms, TJ Wilson and Simon Dean, among others. Teddy Long's team would have involved Jushin Liger, Matt Hardy, Batista and in a shock that would have been revealed on the SD before Survivor Series, King Booker. At Survivor Series, Long's team would have defeated Vince's, forcing him out of SD, and allowing Teddy to break away from WWE and recreate WCW (hence the Second Genesis of the title - SmackDown's rebirth both as 'the wrestling show' and as WCW). Elsewhere, Chavo would have turned on Rey Mysterio (planned well before it happened, albeit that it was obvious since his switch from Raw back in the spring) and cost him the title in a triple threat with Batista and Booker that would have been an almost guaranteed A* match at No Mercy, as all three men had great chemistry. Not seeing that match happen was the biggest killer about being sacked. Batista and Booker's feud would have continued long-term, picking up with a double-turn at Survivors when an increasingly unhinged Batista nearly costs his team the match after seeing Booker bond and work better with the face team then he did. It would have been fun to write. Maybe some other time, hey? Oh, yeah, and if you're playing a diary game, [B]start as the owner[/B]...

Archived