ChatGPT & WMMA Bios

I am assuming by now many of you have heard of ChatGPT - a product by OpenAI

This is very useful for making static WMMA Bios And I highly recommend it for anybody who prefers static bios over Organic.

I typically type in:
Give me an MMA Bio for [NAME]

Nickname: 
Home:
Weightclass:
Personality:
Fighting Style:

Here is an example of it in action with one of London's Globalverse fighters - Super Heavyweight Troyes Bache. 
Give me an MMA Bio for Troyes Bache

Nickname: Skull Crusher
Home: Montreal
Weightclass: Super Heavyweight
Personality: Aggressive and hates trash talkers
Fighting Style: Wrestling

He is very good at wrestling and has very good footwork for a big man. He has very good ground & pound. He could end up being very good at Super Heavyweight. Elaborate on how good his elbows and punches are when on top.

Output: 

Troyes Bache, also known as "Skull Crusher," is a Super Heavyweight fighter hailing from Montreal, Canada. He is known for his aggressive personality and his ability to shut down trash talkers. Bache's fighting style is centered around his wrestling abilities, which are considered to be top-notch. He has excellent footwork for a big man, allowing him to get in and out of positions quickly. When on top, Bache is particularly dangerous, with powerful punches and elbows that can wear down his opponents and finish fights. His ground and pound is considered some of the best in the division and is expected to be a major factor in his future success at Super Heavyweight.

---

Is it perfect? Not by any means, is it a good starting point though? IMO - absolutely. I personally enjoy having static bios you can manually alter as the save goes on, narrating the fighters career with a little flair & flavor depending on who they are. 

I recommend giving ChatGPT a try for yourself in making bios! 

• Like 2

I also enjoy making fighters who are 'fictional echos' of real world guys. So instead of having Colby Covington, I have Cody Cavanaugh

My input to ChatGPT: 
Give me an MMA Bio for Cody Cavanaugh Make his fighter bio very similar to Colby Covington, without mentioning Colby specifically.

Do not focus on actual career accomplishments, instead focus on fighting style. Talk about how he utilizes his cardio as a weapon and is one of the best at welterweight.

Output: 
Cody Cavanaugh is a well-rounded fighter with a strong wrestling base and solid striking skills. He is known for his exceptional cardio, which allows him to push a fast pace in the cage and outwork his opponents. He is a confident and brash fighter, who isn't afraid to trash talk and get under his opponent's skin. He is considered one of the top fighters in the welterweight division and his exceptional stamina is a big part of that. He has a tendency to use his grappling skills to control his opponents and wear them down, often relying on his cardio to be able to maintain the pace of the fight. He also has good striking skills and has the ability to knockout his opponents.

There are so many reasons to talk about how this AI could be good or bad for society... as far as WMMA goes though I think it can be super helpful. Here you can see it does sometimes sound clunky & redundant (Especially since I said focus on his cardio) but a few tweaks and you have yourself a solid bio. 

• Like 1

You can even make some that are absolutely goofy and meme-tier

My input to ChatGPT: 
Give me an MMA bio for Branco McNeil He joined the "GAMMA: Clash of the titans" reality MMA show to join the GAMMA Promotion but really is just there to get drunk, be on TV, and do stupid antics. Give a few examples of the stupid antics he did on "GAMMA: Clash of the Titans" Reality show

Output:

Branco McNeil, also known as "The Party Animal," is a wildcard on the reality MMA show "GAMMA: Clash of the Titans." Known for his love of partying and wild behavior, McNeil joined the show primarily to be on television and have a good time, rather than to seriously compete in the GAMMA Promotion.

On the show, McNeil was often seen drinking excessively and causing chaos in the house. He was known for starting food fights in the kitchen, streaking through the house, and even attempting to sneak in alcohol despite the strict rules against it. In one episode, he even jumped into the training pool fully clothed during a team challenge.

Despite his antics, McNeil's fighting skills were questionable. His lack of focus and discipline in training led to poor performances in the octagon. He was eventually eliminated from the competition, but not before leaving a lasting impression on viewers with his wild and unpredictable behavior.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

I love this idea and will be putting it to use. I've made my own mod and I agree with you about making echo fighters I absolutely love it. Sometimes I make several fighters from one real world fighter. For example I'll have a guy who is basically a young chuck Lidell and one who is basically the old version of him. I usually keep their lore and bios in my head as I can't be bothered to write it out but I feel that with your idea it will be easier.... only problem now is that I have about 1500 fighters although admittedly a ton of them are filler fighters so they probably don't need bios to begin with.